The Surveillance System and The Tapes

who was the inside person?
last to see the couple alive?
the person who left the door open?
who disabled security?
who left the camera's on?
who told this gang where safe was?
who told them the Billings went to bed at that time?
lots of unanswered questions and some one was the insider, IMO
many more arrests to come, IMO

I do not know whether to put this here or in the Tice thread. Morgan is speculating that Tice could have been responsible for the security system.........

"It would not be unrealistic to assume that Mr. Tice was aware of a security system," the sheriff said. "He had been in the home many times, also at the office Mr. Billings was known to pull up his home system so he could observe the children and how the home life was going."

But anyway, it confirms what was speculated here, that the Billings had internet access to their security system and it is possible that someone knew about it and was supposed to disable it via the internet:

http://cbs4.com/local/billings.tice.mexican.2.1121080.html

This is just someone's comment today on ricksblog.biz (so it is just someone's opinion but I found it interesting):
http://ricksblog.biz/?p=6755#comment-257532

(snip) "The Double Cross: The person entrusted to make the call to deactivate the video recording device never intended to make the call. His intention was to have someone else commit the murder and for that person to take the fall so he stroked that person to win that person’s trust." (snip)

This is just someone's comment today on ricksblog.biz (so it is just someone's opinion but I found it interesting):
http://ricksblog.biz/?p=6755#comment-257532

(snip) "The Double Cross: The person entrusted to make the call to deactivate the video recording device never intended to make the call. His intention was to have someone else commit the murder and for that person to take the fall so he stroked that person to win that person’s trust." (snip)

There's some speculation Tice was supposed to make the call. Wonder if he actually knew enough about technology to know they could trace it back to him.

There's some speculation Tice was supposed to make the call. Wonder if he actually knew enough about technology to know they could trace it back to him.

Not according to him ... he made a point of saying how computer illiterate he was ... but I think there was too much effort in his interviews...he definitely seemed to be selling an image of himself.

Not according to him ... he made a point of saying how computer illiterate he was ... but I think there was too much effort in his interviews...he definitely seemed to be selling an image of himself.

Maybe he's trying to sell us?

I do not know whether to put this here or in the Tice thread. Morgan is speculating that Tice could have been responsible for the security system.........

"It would not be unrealistic to assume that Mr. Tice was aware of a security system," the sheriff said. "He had been in the home many times, also at the office Mr. Billings was known to pull up his home system so he could observe the children and how the home life was going."

But anyway, it confirms what was speculated here, that the Billings had internet access to their security system and it is possible that someone knew about it and was supposed to disable it via the internet:

http://cbs4.com/local/billings.tice.mexican.2.1121080.html

What time did the surveillance video indicate the invasion began? Could POI have had remote access to the system as far as being able to view it only? Can't you log into a private web site with a password and view live footage? "Mr. Billings was known to pull up his home system" remotely from his office. Could POI have noted the http on one of those occasions; maybe BB spoke the password out aloud, or it was one that could be easily guessed by someone who knew him or saw him type it. This would still require someone with remote access to the controls to shut it down though, and the system couldn't be shut down until immediately before the vehicles arrived or the Billings would have been alerted. Could POI have been at his home/job watching from his PC, see the ninja van arrive, call LPGjr in a panic to tell him in code language that it wasn't working/system wasn't shut down?

---Edited to dismiss this part:
Maybe ninja trainer knew BB would recognize the van. It was a multi-passenger one. I noticed a new model multi-passenger van in a photo of BB's real estate property; maybe the red one had belonged to BB at one time. [Has anyone tracked history of red van?] Could ninja trainer have made a quick judgment call to kill them because if left alive they would be able to see the van on the surveillance video tape after the robbery and connect the van to him?
---Suddenly didn't make sense when I read this on the thread; my thinking while writing it was that they premeditated the robbery not the murder, thus my conclusion at the end of this post. But even if they were counting on a shutdown system not capturing the van, counting on their not being identifiable because of the ninja costumes, planned to leave the Billings alive and tied so they couldn't see the van leave after the robbery, couldn't the Billings still have seen the van arriving from the window?

Meanwhile, could POI need to clear his hard drive, internet history, etc. from his PC because things didn't go as planned; there's evidence that could potentially link him to the crime at this point. Could POI need to call/beg an innocent, unknowing-of-the-robbery-plans person (a person POI might thereafter speak of highly, almost with as great an admiration as POI speaks of Melanie) because he really isn't very good with computers and is having a meltdown at a number of different levels.

[How soon after the murders did the SRSD arrive to question Tice? Was he still working on those Pcola to Tallahassee to Columbia papers? Has this story been collaborated with the guy who needed to get these papers to Tallahassee? Does that guy know anything about computers or remote access that would require communicating with him via telephone the night of murders, thus creating a need for him to be covered by the story and account for calling him, too?]

LPGjr calls the morning after murders, the morning after SRSD has questioned Tice, at 7 a.m.--not 9 a.m.--which Tice STRESSES twice in the WEAR interview [significance of which is not apparent]. LPGjr asks "did you get your documents done"/"did you get it done" (exact quotes from Tice in WEAR interview). Possible translation: did you expunge your PC of the evidence? Tice answers and/or ends telephone call abruptly (did he suspect SRSD might be bugging phone lines at this point?).

Wouldn't Tice know checking telephone records is an initial step in an investigation? Maybe he's pondering this when he calls the investigator BEFORE LPGjr has even become a POI and reports his calling LPGjr the night of the murders and LPGjr returning his call, because they're going to discover this soon, and might it look better if he volunteered this info and the need help printing/faxing papers story, rather than investigators putting him on the defensive by confronting him with it later. He also could know the call he made after he called LPGjr on the night of the murders would likely be in the telephone records, so he reports this call as part of the story as well.

Could it all really just be about $: "We all thought Bud built that house and built a fortress that he could put his cash in." —Tice in WEAR/Thomas interview.

Other than the documented details from confirmed POI, this is just pondering, like Sheriff Morgan speculated, on "what would not be unrealistic".

P.S. Tice said in WEAR interview that "about 3 years ago, we reconnected" referring to LPGjr. Wasn't their something significant attached to the year 2006 in earlier WSleuthing?

April S. statement:

Q: Okay, the camera room, what is that?

A: The camera room, is a room that they have upstairs, each child has, they have cameras all around the house, you get a full arial view of the outside, of the pool area, of the backyard, every room in the house has cameras, except for their bedroom.

Q: Except for their bedroom?

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090817/NEWS01/90817024 File 3 pg 29

From the article, same link:

--Byrd Billings struggled against the five intruders in his home, grabbing one of them by the neck. Two suspects remained outside.

--His body, found in the master bedroom, had six bullet wounds — one in the back of each leg, two in the face and two in the back of the head. A white zip tie was on his left arm.

--Melanie Billings was shot five times — twice in the chest and three times in the face and head. Her body was found in a hallway leading out of the master bedroom.

Did the shooter know that bedroom was camera free? Not many people would have that information.

Did the shooter know that bedroom was camera free? Not many people would have that information.

I don't know??? Do most people have cameras in their bedrooms or is that common to leave those out? I don't have a surveillance system but I would imagine that they would want privacy there, especially since older son knew how to work camera monitors.
Would everyone know that there were not cameras there? If the intruders had inside information, why did they kick in the unlocked side entry door? Drama? I do not know the answers, just adding thoughts ...

Or, maybe the perps only knew about the outside cameras. Maybe they didn't know that the whole inside of the house had cameras too.

If I'm reading the docs. correctly, one person was shot downstairs.

If I'm reading the docs. correctly, one person was shot downstairs.
It's unclear where Melanie was shot. At first I thought it was the entry hallway, but I think it was a hallway to a sitting room in the bedroom area.

I'm thinking that there is a hallway from kitchen & livingroom into a master bedroom with large closet and adjoining like a hotel room is a study/den on 1st floor.........(handicap kids bedrooms upstairs) weird to me..........handicaps should be an easy out for fires!

would be great to have a floor plan to work with..........

No. I think there were children on the first floor with the parents.

I remember that the video room is next to the 'boys room.'

Since the video room is near the master bedroom, that means that the boys are on the first floor too.

No. I think there were children on the first floor with the parents.

I remember that the video room is next to the 'boys room.'

Since the video room is near the master bedroom, that means that the boys are on the first floor too.

the video room is upstairs, because they said they lead Justin straight upstairs when he came to help them change camera angles.

we NEED a floorplan!

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/crime/Surveillance_Video_Can_Be_Viewed

SNIP: "Therefore, the judge ruled that it is okay for the images to be viewed inside the state attorney's office, but no one can leave with video or still photographs."

So...umm....this might be a stupid question, but I'm just wondering out loud here... does this mean that anyone can walk into the state attorney's office and ask to see the video?? :waitasec:

Yes. Anyone can view the videos.

The judge ruled that the media and public can view the surveillance video, but the video cannot be reproduced in any form or fashion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back