The TEN letters; Discuss them here

I missed that part! Jodi stole Travis' journals?

Good lord, he must have had a miserable existence once she entered into the picture. Nothing was off limits, sacred...nothing...and what's scary is she's not the only one out there like this. Makes you not want to talk to anyone new ever again!

I thought so too, but it appears that the Hugheses had them and turned them over to the authorities.

I think I recall seeing where handwriting analysts for the State AND the defense said they were forged. Jodi's attorneys told her she had to let it go. She fired them. Shortly thereafter she realized she was in over her head.

That's how I remember it.

I don't think so either, what I understand from the minutes is that handwriting analysis was to be done and Jodi was supposed to divulge where the letters came from. This never happened, so the defense dropped them, probably knowing what the outcome would be. They would be stupid to introduce them. As far as I know, they are sealed and we may never see them. Not sure legally if they are sealed that means they cannot be mentioned in court too.

Maybe AZLawyer can tell us what it means for them to be sealed documents.

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/true-crime/exclusive-jodi-arias-desperate-escape-plan

...As blonde bombshell Arias changed her look to that of a demure brunette wearing specs for the televised trial, her mother San*dy Arias met with an ENQUIRER reporter in Phoenix and handed over photocopies of two letters allegedly handwritten by Alexander.

In the first letter, dated Nov. 27, 2006, Al*exander asks Arias to wear “boy’s briefs” that he can “rip off.” He also asks her to wear one of his shirts with his engraved cuff links so he can see his initials while she performs oral sex on him.

The second letter was dated March 2, 2008, just three months before Alexander’s murder. In it, he admits that he once hit Arias “in the face.” He also claims that marrying her would help erase his “deviant” thoughts.

“Jodi wanted me to get these let*ters out to the public. I am only doing this because she asked me to,” her mother tearfully told an ENQUIRER reporter.

“Jodi has several other letters in her possession, but she’s holding off on releasing them.”

According to Mrs. Arias, only electronic copies of the letters exist.

“Jodi told me that the originals were destroyed,” she said.

The ENQUIRER learned that Jodi Arias tried to enter the letters as evidence in 2010, but a judge deemed them “inadmissible” after they were analyzed by a handwriting expert.

“These letters are quite literally the only card Jodi has left to play,” noted the source. “Getting them out to the public is her strategy to be acquitted of murder and escape the death penalty.

“That’s how desperate and evil she is. She’s manipulating her own mother from behind bars.”

Not words, but letters. Pop is saying once you scan a handwriting sample you can make an image of each letter (26 in all, more if you include capitals and punctuation marks) and then arrange them into whatever words you want.

Sounds like something an expert might be able to detect, to me. I assume there is some degree of standard variation in normal handwriting. But I admit I am not such an expert.

I would think that accurate spacing would be very difficult to arrange, even if they aren't in cursive.

Do any of our legal :beagle: *errrr.... Eagles know if MM can be called as a witness still?

*That's a beagle, just for clarification of the joke.

To what end? Evidence that she's a liar? They don't need anymore evidence of that, imho. Why put in a set of documents that might only serve to confuse jurors? I think Nurmi, based on what I saw during evidentary hearings where Sky and Chris Hughes testified, appears to believe them to be authentic.

I agree - I find the diaries themselves very confusing- revealing but I think it could be a slippery slope and wouldn't necessarily help the argument along.

I would however love MM " who would never betray her" to speak the whole truth- under oath- of what he knows. I swear she got the knife from his home on June 2-3. JMOO

Used his journals to construct the letters? Copy and paste from his journals?

The journals could have been scanned and the words cut and pasted into something new using photoshop.

To what end? Evidence that she's a liar? They don't need anymore evidence of that, imho. Why put in a set of documents that might only serve to confuse jurors? I think Nurmi, based on what I saw during evidentary hearings where Sky and Chris Hughes testified, appears to believe them to be authentic.

:facepalm:
IMO the nude photos are photoshopped with the ky in them

:) there ya go. I have always thought that those pics taken with the KY are hinky. I have spent many hours trying to figure out how Jodi may have taken a pic-( w/TA's new camera) of a pic. and posed with her brown pig tails) She said they were going through old photos in the office. I 'm probably off...don't mind me, but I have been hung up on this point.
She mentions something about photo tampering to Detective Flores during her interrogation.

I'm inclined to think that the photocopied letters,the handwriting expert and MM should all be called to testify. Yes we know JA is a liar. There's a difference between being a liar and being a diabolical evil twisted liar however, and I believe since the door was opened by the DT, the jury should be allowed to know exactly how depraved JA is.

I agree - I find the diaries themselves very confusing- revealing but I think it could be a slippery slope and wouldn't necessarily help the argument along.

I would however love MM " who would never betray her" to speak the whole truth- under oath- of what he knows. I swear she got the knife from his home on June 2-3. JMOO

MM's testimony would be the highlight of the trial if he was honest. JMO

The journals could have been scanned and the words cut and pasted into something new using photoshop.

:) there ya go. I have always thought that those pics taken with the KY are hinky. I have spent many hours trying to figure out how Jodi may have taken a pic-( w/TA's new camera) of a pic. and posed with her brown pig tails) She said they were going through old photos in the office. I 'm probably off...don't mind me, but I have been hung up on this point.
She mentions something about photo tampering to Detective Flores during her interrogation.

I have some issues with this point. Now before I give my opinion on photoshopping,please understand that I totally believe these letters are bogus.

She did mention photoshop when discussing the wedding pictures she was afraid would never get to their rightful owners. She stated that photoshop has these effects and they were *magic*.
Ahem.
JA would have had to put a lot of time and effort into actually learning how to use these effects. I highly doubt that out *battered snow white* would take the time to actually LEARN the skills that it would take to even begin to paste a letter together in photoshop.

Yes, because I believe he knows the WHOLE story. Jodi confided in him before and after the murder. moo

I have some issues with this point. Now before I give my opinion on photoshopping,please understand that I totally believe these letters are bogus.

She did mention photoshop when discussing the wedding pictures she was afraid would never get to their rightful owners. She stated that photoshop has these effects and they were *magic*.
Ahem.
JA would have had to put a lot of time and effort into actually learning how to use these effects. I highly doubt that out *battered snow white* would take the time to actually LEARN the skills that it would take to even begin to paste a letter together in photoshop.

She probably had someone with experience do it.

Is there any way the court can prevent the National Enquirer or any other tv or publication from going public with these?

I ask because they're clearly more fiction from the lying liar, but if someone reads them, they can never be unread. Even though Travis is dead and his reputation is being defamed in open court, these fake letters would be the worst kind of slander on his memory.

TIA!

I should have added the word EVER in my post. I know they cannot be printed now, but I was hoping they can never be printed.

They can be published now or anytime.

I totally agree on this point. I often wonder if the infamous sex tape was even Travis or if MM played a role in that episode. I've never heard him speak, does he sound anything like Travis? Do we know if Travis was actually in possession of his phone when that call was made? Can it be attributed to Travis above and beyond anyone else? At this point, I have to question anything and everything coming from the DT side.

Hopefully not too OT but while reading through the docs about the letters I came across the request from JA's 1st lawyer to withdraw because the office had previously represented someone in JAs case.
No biggie, just thought it was interesting :biggrin:

That claim is so out there I don't even know what to say.

Maybe, but I wouldn't put anything past JA. She was definitely blackmailing TA.. that phone sex recording is probably only the tip of the iceberg. Maybe maybe not photo shopping maybe photo tampering. We know she was doing that atleast! ( deleting pictures)
I don't have a prob with those two having sex that day...but i keep having this really nagging feeling...about the photos. I can't put my finger on it.( a photo of a photo)
What does TA getting mad in the office have to do with this story?? i think...something. ?? It was 4 ish?? looking at photos?? or " look what I have for you...i have phone sex tape and these nude photos and I'm gonna show the Bishop...or MH...and all of your friends and family"

What if all the vacation photos were all photo shopped. ( jk would be great to prove though) It is not at all hard to do with the lasso tool. She is the photographer after all :floorlaugh: sorry I digress

I agree with you SteelyDan..would be great moment in this trial if "MM who would never betray her" ( yes that is MM's epithet) would take his oath - and be honest.

I had a thought about her knowledge and premeditated preparation of and for the check points at Hoover Dam though. DIdn't JA and TA go to Utah-( photos taken in front of The Church and PPL stuff too)several times from Mesa? -- she was fully aware of the check points. #NoFog4u

Ahem.

Excellent point! But I believe it would be MM's photoshopping skills that were needed as JA was in jail. I have some rudimentary skills in this area and because text is dark and light, MM could have actually used the magic wand easily to select words, copy them and paste. Having them all be an exact uniform size like a real letter would have been harder and maybe why they were ID'd as fake. But the selecting, copying and pasting would have been pretty easy....even for JA. LOL!

Hopefully not too OT but while reading through the docs about the letters I came across the request from JA's 1st lawyer to withdraw because the office had previously represented someone in JAs case.
No biggie, just thought it was interesting :biggrin:

Very strange indeed. Who else is involved in JA's case.....but JA???????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back