the two 911 calls

I just heard the 911 call from Amanda Berry for the first time the other night and I must say I thought that person was rude. He does deserve to be fired. He might have thought this was a prank, but in the line of work he is in, he must take everything seriously, until proved otherwise. I haven't heard where he calls her a *advertiser censored*. I watched the show on the ID channel about the escape. If he really called her that, then he needs to be gone ASAP. You can tell in her voice how frightened she is.

I listened to the tape where the dispatcher supposedly calls her an f-ing b-ch, and it didn't sound to me like that's what he said. I don't believe he called her 'dear' either. It sounds more to me like he says, 'here', as in, "I've got that here." It would be unusual, IMO, for a young man to use the term 'dear' at all, let alone in a conversation during which he shows no other signs of compassion or understanding.

He verified that the phone call was coming from the location where she claimed to be. That's a big signal that the call was not a prank. It's too bad really, this was the young man's big chance to really make a name for himself at work and in the media, and he blew it big time.

I listened to the tape where the dispatcher supposedly calls her an f-ing b-ch, and it didn't sound to me like that's what he said. I don't believe he called her 'dear' either. It sounds more to me like he says, 'here', as in, "I've got that here." It would be unusual, IMO, for a young man to use the term 'dear' at all, let alone in a conversation during which he shows no other signs of compassion or understanding.

He verified that the phone call was coming from the location where she claimed to be. That's a big signal that the call was not a prank. It's too bad really, this was the young man's big chance to really make a name for himself at work and in the media, and he blew it big time.

I agree that the "dear" was so out of place with the emotionless call. I believe the transcript does say dear.

What does the f'ing b*tch sound like to you?

Has anyone heard an update to what happened to him?

I agree that the "dear" was so out of place with the emotionless call. I believe the transcript does say dear.

What does the f'ing b*tch sound like to you?

Has anyone heard an update to what happened to him?

I listened to the recording on another site and it was much clearer. He definitely said "here" not "dear". I'm waivering on the F-ing b*tch, it's possible that is what he said. He seemed to be aggravated that Amanda wouldn't just hang up the phone when he tried to brush her off. Poor Amanda, she sounded so confused that she'd reached someone who simply had no clue and didn't care what was happening. She didn't deserve that after everything she'd been through.

Actually, at the very beginning, dispatcher did ask if she needed police, fire or ambulance.

not trying to knock you. i've enjoyed reading your posts. just wanted to point out that the "police, fire, or ambulance?" is a standard question... as standard as "may i take your order?" at the restaurant that does not need another plug.

attitude and lack of sympathy aside, the dispatcher made an enormous mistake by hanging up. i suspect that the call back to aurora marti was damage control by CPD.

Apparently this still is a concern, the way this dispatcher handled Amanda Berry's call.Because it is still ~7 weeks after the escape, a topic of the news I decided to re-listen to Amanda Berry's call to 911. I have to admit that I was disappointed in the dispatcher's apparent "I'm at the end of my shift attitude" that really didn't show a ton of concern for a very obviously frightened/upset girl. I realize it is only an impression, but I did have the same feeling the first time I heard it back in the 2nd week of May. Not staying on the line was the worst offense committed by this particular dispatch person. Not taking Amanda Berry seriously because Amanda uttered her famous missing person name is unconscionable. Fire the person-No, reprimand-absolutely Yes! IMO
We're all just glad the CPD treated as an emergency I guess.

The 911 dispatcher who took the Amanda Berry call was formally reprimanded in a letter that will remain in his file for three years.

In the letter, Bureau of Communications and Property Control Commander Thomas Stacho wrote “without question, you should have kept her on the line as I believe that that simple, required act would have enhanced her sense of safety".

I heard the F.B. too. I know that after a time some people get compassion fatigue. I'm sorry to say that I did after 12 years working in the domestic violence field. Hopefully I hid it well until I switched from client services to paper pushing. I greatly preferred filling out forms and writing grants. There is a big difference in this dispatcher and the Haleigh Cummings one. She (in FL) was under great stress but managed to remain kind.

Now I am about to insult half of the people here and please forgive me. As a southerner we are sticky sweet all the time, honey, and bless your heart sweetie. Could it just be a regional thing that this dispatcher was brisk and professional?

Still there were questions he didn't ask that he should have.

I heard him say 'dear' but did not hear him say effing biatch. He had a condescending tone though.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back