The Verdict is In - post your thoughts here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I have never doubted BC was guilty, but based on what was presented at trial, I did not believe the jury would find him guilty. Can't wait to hear what convinced them!

Whoever asked me in the other thread about what time the wral special is on tonight about this: I dont know, i got the clip when i turned the tv on after the verdict. I may go upstairs and just tape the entire night of wral news and then i could try using my video camera to record it and throw it on youtube later tonight.

Whoever asked me in the other thread about what time the wral special is on tonight about this: I dont know, i got the clip when i turned the tv on after the verdict. I may go upstairs and just tape the entire night of wral news and then i could try using my video camera to record it and throw it on youtube later tonight.

7:00 p.m. according to the WRAL website.

And yet, the 12 people closest to the entire case unanimously thought the state did. Did you get to see all the photos or hear 100% of testimony?

They didnt get to hear 100% of the testimony either. Look at all the defense's case that the judge disallowed. Prosecution? Sure, lets let anything in. Defense? Objection, sustained!

I dont know that he did it or didnt.. he very well could have but this trial has been a farce thanks to the trial judge and the antics of the prosecution.

Prayers for the jurors, the judge, the lawyers and most of all, gratitude for Nancy's friends, who listened to their intuition, their gut, and didn't allow pressure to stop them from seeking help for their missing friend.

{{{{ Nancy's angels on earth }}}}

We should all have friends who care about us like they cared about their friend!

Getting an appeal/retrial is never a slam dunk, especially here in NC. As I understand it the appellate courts are generally hesitant to 2nd guess the unanimous verdict of 12 jurors. The defense either needs to demonstrate some kind of error on the part of the judge, one that likely would have changed the outcome, or the defense attorney has to fall on his sword and claim incompetent representation, a very unlikely scenario IMO. BC's best chance for appeal probably rests in convincing the appeals court that Gessner barred evidence that he should have allowed. Gessner's demeanor suggested that he had disdain for BC, but does anyone know if he disallowed any evidence that might have led the jury to a different verdict?

According to the Twitter world, after the proceedings the judge said, "He got his ****," and Boz hurried up and told Gessner that people online could hear his comments.

I've been holding my breath on the way the case was presented for a couple of weeks, now. So glad the jury saw through it all, though. They made the right decision. Never any doubt in my mind.

IMO

Oh my gosh, I just walked in and checked the WRAL news site and saw the headlines. Can't wait to get caught up!!!!!!! Oh my gosh.

Getting an appeal/retrial is never a slam dunk, especially here in NC. As I understand it the appellate courts are generally hesitant to 2nd guess the unanimous verdict of 12 jurors. The defense either needs to demonstrate some kind of error on the part of the judge, one that likely would have changed the outcome, or the defense attorney has to fall on his sword and claim incompetent representation, a very unlikely scenario IMO. BC's best chance for appeal probably rests in convincing the appeals court that Gessner barred evidence that he should have allowed. Gessner's demeanor suggested that he had disdain for BC, but does anyone know if he disallowed any evidence that might have led the jury to a different verdict?

He disallowed JW from testifying on things he was qualified to testify on (as explained by the other expert witness the defense brought in). Then he disallowed the new expert to testify as well. The whole case seemed to hinge on that google search. So that evidence is crucial. I believe that will be the basis of the appeal (along with a biased judge).

I think there were a lot of things handled really poorly in this case.

I think the jury did what they were asked to and what they felt in their heart based on what was presented. I think it had to be difficult either way.

I think the judges narrative at the end was interesting as was some of his reaction and post dismissal comments.

It will be interesting to see what changes if any are made in regards to digital evidence as a result of this case.

I'm glad to hear the families will try to communicate for the sake of the girls.

I hope this brings resolution to the Rentz family. I am rather surprised by the verdict given the evidence that we saw. I think his defense team was rather shocked as well. It would be interesting to know what was the deciding factor in their decision.

Hey cody. Ya'know me (well ... kinda). I dashed out for a decent, valuable bottle of red as I heard the judge / jury. This is immense in the face of justice. I, amid thousands, am delighted. I think the logic, the CE, the means, motive & opportunity along with BC's inconsistencies and his complete lies screamed out. SCREAMED out - IMO ...

Thank God for justice! Thanks to all the posters here for their immense input. Y'all rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lilhuda