Theories before trial begins

Status
Not open for further replies.
WhoKnew,

I think you are correct about the glove OR it was wishful thinking on our part. Maybe the glove was the same as one found at the house, but I certainly seem to have memories of "hope" about the glove which leads me to believe there was a hint of something that connected it. We will soon see, but in the meanwhile, maybe someone can search in here and find the references?

Got this from CBS news...

>>A glove found along a local Illinois interstate may have been a key clue to the case. Law enforcement said the glove appeared to have stains from red spray paint. It has been reportedthat a similar paint color was used by the killer to scrawl a message on a wall in the Coleman home. The glove is now being tested for fingerprints and DNA.<<

Got this from Examiner...

>>Police find glove believed to be used in Coleman family murder case!

The glove was found along Interstate 255 in Illinois, on the same route that Chris Coleman would have traveled to the gym, where he was on May 5, 2009, before the police discovered his wife and two sons were strangled to death. The glove reportedly appeared to have stains that resembled red spray paint, similar to the paint that was found in the home where the bodies were located. The killer allegedly scrawled a message on a wall with red spray paint. Forensics are being performed to determine finger prints and DNA on the inside of the glove. <<

From St. Louis Today and Nancy Grace CNN video with Nick Pistor...
Discusses the find, shows a map, etc. Mentions Golds Gym does have cameras, just remembered that...

I was just reminded in the above mentioned video. Chris cited the cost of the funeral in two places. I was then reminded that I had read something about Chris being given a 10K bonus just after the murders. This is what the Examiner said:

Chris Coleman received $10,000 cash advance from Joyce Meyer day after murders:

>>This includes new information that Joyce Meyer had advanced Chris Coleman $10,000 in cash the day following the Coleman murders.<<

Looks like Chris copped that he needed money. My guess is that it wasn't spent on the funerals, but rather on his defense.

I was just reminded in the above mentioned video. Chris cited the cost of the funeral in two places. I was then reminded that I had read something about Chris being given a 10K bonus just after the murders. This is what the Examiner said:

Chris Coleman received $10,000 cash advance from Joyce Meyer day after murders:

>>This includes new information that Joyce Meyer had advanced Chris Coleman $10,000 in cash the day following the Coleman murders.<<

Looks like Chris copped that he needed money. My guess is that it wasn't spent on the funerals, but rather on his defense.

And I'm reminded that he and Tara had a wonderful cruise booked for the summer. He wasn't complaining about money when he booked that trip.

And I'm reminded that he and Tara had a wonderful cruise booked for the summer. He wasn't complaining about money when he booked that trip.

I've been a long-time lurker on this thread ever since hearing about this case from my best friend, who happens to be a cousin of Sheri's. She doesn't like to talk about the matter and hasn't mentioned anything about it since a couple weeks after the murders, but on the topic of money and funeral expenses, I remember her telling me that at the funeral, Coleman asked the guests for donations. I can't remember if they actually passed a plate or just set up a box outside of the sanctuary, but she donated and was VERY angry a few days later when she started hearing the evidence that was coming out against him. :furious:

I've been a long-time lurker on this thread ever since hearing about this case from my best friend, who happens to be a cousin of Sheri's. She doesn't like to talk about the matter and hasn't mentioned anything about it since a couple weeks after the murders, but on the topic of money and funeral expenses, I remember her telling me that at the funeral, Coleman asked the guests for donations. I can't remember if they actually passed a plate or just set up a box outside of the sanctuary, but she donated and was VERY angry a few days later when she started hearing the evidence that was coming out against him. :furious:

I think I remember reading a comment on a news site that someone else was upset about that too! Does anyone else remember? I need to get the cobwebs out of my head on this case.

Hello CCmakes3,

Thanks for hopping in and joining us. Please give our care and condolences to Sheri's cousin. The pain and anger her family members feel must be so hard to withstand. Maybe soon, there will be at least some little satisfaction for them seeing Chris tried, convicted and sentenced. I hope that the sentencing is accompanied by the judge giving Chris a ration, and that he gives the family an opportunity to do so as well.

I don't blame Sheri's cousin for feeling angry. My guess is that the mortuary and cemetery gave their services and the plot due to the Coleman parents being a part of that community, I sure wish I knew. Do you know if there has been any other headstones placed?

When I look at the pictures of the stones that were first placed and think about how money was solicited, I think, "Yes, and what was done with it?" I don't think anyone went overboard with expense on marking the graves. Those stones make me incredibly sad for some reason.

I think I remember reading a comment on a news site that someone else was upset about that too! Does anyone else remember? I need to get the cobwebs out of my head on this case.

I believe it was reported that they collected money. Yes, yes, yes it was!! Sorry it just dawned on me where I had gotten this information ;). It was during the time of the civil trial. Sheri's family's lawyer requested Grace Church's collection paperwork (can't think of the right wording), so they would know about how much people donated at the funeral and if it actually went directly to funeral costs or if it went elsewhere.

I will go search for a link

ETA
Ok here is a link to an article I found in the Media thread for this case
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3980300&postcount=131"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Media Links - NO DISCUSSION[/ame]

After the murders, Chris Coleman's father's church collected money to help pay for the funerals. But Jack Carey, an attorney representing her family, wants an accounting of the collections gathered at the May 9 wake and funeral at Grace Church Ministries in Chester. Carey says he was contacted by a donor who was concerned about where the money was going. Another donor stopped payment on a check made to the same fund out of simiar concerns.

"We were chagrined at this revelation of this fund and understand it is a sizable amount," Carey said to The Belleville News-Democrat. "I just wonder where that money went and whether it is being used to benefit Christopher Coleman." <snipped>

Hello CCmakes3,

Thanks for hopping in and joining us. Please give our care and condolences to Sheri's cousin. The pain and anger her family members feel must be so hard to withstand. Maybe soon, there will be at least some little satisfaction for them seeing Chris tried, convicted and sentenced. I hope that the sentencing is accompanied by the judge giving Chris a ration, and that he gives the family an opportunity to do so as well.

I don't blame Sheri's cousin for feeling angry. My guess is that the mortuary and cemetery gave their services and the plot due to the Coleman parents being a part of that community, I sure wish I knew. Do you know if there has been any other headstones placed?

When I look at the pictures of the stones that were first placed and think about how money was solicited, I think, "Yes, and what was done with it?" I don't think anyone went overboard with expense on marking the graves. Those stones make me incredibly sad for some reason.

Hi Wrinkles,

Those headstones are a joke. I can't even describe the emotional response I have when I look at them. It is somewhere between rage and despair. I think Sheri's family probably has plans to replace them at some point but are waiting for the resolution of the civil suit. I can understand why they might want to just leave everything as it is during the criminal trial. Seeing the headstones that Chris chose for his beloved family can only be one more nail in his pathetic coffin.

Hi Wrinkles,

Those headstones are a joke. I can't even describe the emotional response I have when I look at them. It is somewhere between rage and despair. I think Sheri's family probably has plans to replace them at some point but are waiting for the resolution of the civil suit. I can understand why they might want to just leave everything as it is during the criminal trial. Seeing the headstones that Chris chose for his beloved family can only be one more nail in his pathetic coffin.

I was hoping you were going to say they would be replaced. Coleman doesn't have one ounce of compassion in his veins. And I'm sure his attraction to Lintz was 100% physical.

I pray the family finds enough energy to erase anything his hands touched in regards to Sheri and the boys. :furious:

Did you notice on the memorial page posted above...that it says Sheri was PRECEDED in death by her two sons.

Oh, dear God, grant her to have been spared that.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=36949526

I hadn't realized that is what the ME determined, however, if true, what kind of monster could kill two innocent children before killing the adult. One would normally think of killing the children as something done after killing Sheri so as not to have them be able to identify the killer; not the other way around. Totally premeditated and heinous. MOO

I've just been poking around trying to find some official verification of this idea and have had no luck so far... Hard to type this but I'd assumed that he "got rid of" Sheri first because he is a coward who would not have wanted her to fight him in defense of her babies.

I've just been poking around trying to find some official verification of this idea and have had no luck so far... Hard to type this but I'd assumed that he "got rid of" Sheri first because he is a coward who would not have wanted her to fight him in defense of her babies.

I had always assumed that too, but when you think about it, what match would she have been for him anyway? She seemed so slender and petite.

Perhaps he despised Sheri so much that he didn't care if she happened to wake up and witness the execution of her babies, but he had a tiny twinge of guilt about the prospect of the boys witnessing their mother's killing?

Never mind...I forgot who I was talking about for a second. With a monster like CC, it's probably as simple as him killing them in the order of his hatred for them. I've even wondered if the boy he wrote the vulgar slurs on was perhaps a bit more "mommy's boy" than the other. I would not bethe least bit surprised. Truly unspeakable.

I always thought the same thing. The greatest danger is usually taken out first, that being the adult, before killing the children. MOO

Here's an interesting article we can chew on while waiting for the trial to begin:

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/columns/pat-gauen/cf44d1f4-ef54-5f7e-b3d6-690d9ed67c71.html

Thanks for the article. As always, it is not one single piece of circumstantial evidence that spells guilt, but rather, it is all the pieces together that will lead to the logical conclusion of guilt. Jurors generally get that, and I am sure the prosecutor will point that out.

And, as in all these cases (Scott Peterson, etc), I always wonder why the accused doesn't put his financial resources (and his family's) towards finding the real killer? If I didn't do it, but circumstantial evidence pointed towards me, I'd try like hell to find the real killer since that would be the only definitive way to find me innocent. And it would bring justice to my loved ones.

Perhaps there is a serial killer out there targeting women who are spouses of men having affairs, who want out of their marriages but who don't want to pay the financial and social price for being an *advertiser censored**hole to their beautiful, loving spouses and children. And this serial killer is so smart as to be able to setup the spouse for the crime. Now there's a defense for you!

We also must believe that someone who wanted to hurt a famous televangelist would not go after her, or her, children, or her grandchildren, or any of her extended family...nor even one of her executives.

No, this person targeting this televangelist wouldn't even go after her mid-level security guy.

Instead her is going to bring her to her knees emotionally by killing the security guy's..um-m-m-m...wife and kids. This is Chris theory of this triple murder?

Phul-leeze.

Obviously, this Famous Televangelist would not have her emotional life destroyed; indeed, she didn't even take off work to testify at the trial.

This strains credibility big time.

Hello RobinP,

Yeah, and this serial killer probably sent CC the offers for the credit cards he had with his girlfriend, and maybe the serial killer found out the card number while fishing around in the mail box and charged those Disneyland tickets on it. Maybe he sent CC brochures for a cruise too.

Hmmm...this makes me think about something that Sheri evidently told her girlfriend...

http://images.bimedia.net/documents/colemanfrienddoc.PDF

Per Chris...bottom of page 5, January 2009...about one of the threat letters that arrived in the mail: "We asked him if he thought it was serious and he said no -- just some crackpot." and "...Chris said he reported it..." (he "said" he did). P. 6 "Again while we were at their house, Chris brought up the threat letter and how Dave and Joyce offered to pay for a security system to be installed in his house."

Some serial killers don't like security systems -- What's the chances Chris actually told them? IF he told them and if they offered a system as a result of his telling them, he didn't let them get it for him. Wonder why not?

Page 6
Hmmm... La Plante mentions that at the end of the Florida trip (Chris isn't home yet from the trip)...Chris is said to have called Sheri and told her "it was over" (as in their marriage), he was leaving her as soon as he got home. At that point, she (Sheri) was mentioned to have called one of CC's employers to talk them about it.

La Plante states that CC's employers called him down (at the hotel?) and spoke with him...

"They told him that he would have to have marriage counseling and if he would not be willing to work through this that they would have to reassign him to another position."

IF the above is true, then I'm reading that CC was told, "If you can't work this situation out, and IF you end up divorcing your wife, we will have to reassign you to another position" NOT "We're going to fire you."

After the talk, evidently (La Plante mentions), "Chris called Sheri and really exploded." Interesting, I guess a guy who had a girlfriend, who had just told his wife that he was leaving her as soon as he got home, and who had just been told by his employers that he would have to be assigned to another position might think that he wouldn't be travelling anymore, as in to the next scheduled rendezvous with his chick? Then again, "obviously" CC worked on plan B -- move the chick to your work place in case you get reassigned to a job with no travel.

Bottom of page 7 (I'm finally getting to what I was first thinking about)

"Chris and Sheri mentioned a video that Chris had taken with his surveillance system that he had installed and said that it was of the "person" putting another letter in his mailbox. We didn't watch it. But Sheri told me they couldn't tell who it was or make any features out as they had on a mask."

SOOOO...where is that video? Do you think that when La Plante mentioned this to LE, they asked Chris for the video so that they could see if they could identify the serial killer? I'm betting he didn't produce a video for them when they requested it.

Now that I think about it, La Plante's mention indicates that Sheri saw that video, because "they couldn't tell who it was." Did Sheri really see a video OR did Chris see it (supposedly) and say, "I couldn't recognize them." Now you would think that if Sheri was not just "wooped" by Chris totally (and she might have been), that she might have said, "Look buddy, I want to see the video, mask or no mask, I want to check out what you caught on film. After all, it is MINE and my kids lives that have been threatened."

Something odd here...hmmm...

Back to the serial killer... Whoever wrote those notes said "I am watching you." Why would a creep wait until a man who traveled a lot was back in town to do the deed? Why not do it when they are away from town? Maybe Chris had a pattern of going to the gym, so the serial killer (yeah right) figured Chris would be gone the few minutes he (the SK) needed to slay the family. That is one brazen SK, did he think that CC might not turnaround and come home to pick up his cup of coffee he forgot? Or that neighbors wouldn't "hear" or "see" something?

That reminds me of the trash cans in the neighborhood... Wasn't it trash day that day? What does LE have that we don't know about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix