Theories discussion: What could have happened to Haleigh? #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have several thoguhts on the "intruder" into the home of M & R.C. I am not sure on the ideas of how the intruder gained acess to the home. It is obvious that the "I" left through the back door. This person had to have 1. Known the layout of the home. 2) Known there were children inside. 3) Known were to find Haleigh in the little bed on the floor. Jr. said the man was all in black and his shoes squeaked. 1) These shoes may be what is worn at my place of employment. Steel toed work boots made of leather. Could it be possibly that Jr heard the squeaks of springs on a couch and not shoes? This intruder was not a "stranger".

I have several thoguhts on the "intruder" into the home of M & R.C. I am not sure on the ideas of how the intruder gained acess to the home. It is obvious that the "I" left through the back door. This person had to have 1. Known the layout of the home. 2) Known there were children inside. 3) Known were to find Haleigh in the little bed on the floor. Jr. said the man was all in black and his shoes squeaked. 1) These shoes may be what is worn at my place of employment. Steel toed work boots made of leather. Could it be possibly that Jr heard the squeaks of springs on a couch and not shoes? This intruder was not a "stranger".

interesting thoughts TD....if we could only believe what Misty says hmmmm...Early on when I thought over the bricked door I arrived at many of the same conclusions you did. Especially after getting to hear the screen door slam first hand. I thought to myself....whoever propped that door open knew darn well that it slammed like that. Now, months, as well as a few failed polygraphs later....we realize that we can't trust a word Misty says. So was the back door and the brick placed that way by an intruder? Or could Misty have staged the door that way on purpose after coming home and discovering Haleigh gone? Or another theory?

I want the truth.....don't you?

There is a post on Twitter from someone that claims to have family in the area - saying that rumors are flying that her body might have been found in a pond near the home and that cops are all over the place...

Anyone heard anything like this? I can't find any media coverage yet.

I see you draw a completely different conclusion than I do. S'okay. I assume since her phone was off after 8:30...per LE and RC....then it came back on at 3:15...then Misty used the phone to call other family(2 calls?..one would be too many)...verification that one call was to her brother ....I don't care who she calls but if she discovered Haleigh was missing like she said "when she saw 3" she shouldn't have called anyone before she called 911 yet we know for sure that she called her brother then RC( I think that's 2 phone calls right there) Did her brother need to know Haleigh was missing before her father and law enforcement? Why......Misty?

OK.......it's been established that she in fact did call her brother late that night. Has it also been established that HE called the non-emergency number? If so, what non-emergency number? For the local hospital emergency room?

OK.......it's been established that she in fact did call her brother late that night. Has it also been established that HE called the non-emergency number? If so, what non-emergency number? For the local hospital emergency room?

Definitely not proven.

We are all pretty much in the rumor thread right now as the news is that LE is searching a pond. Now it is being reported by news outlets that evidence has been located in that pond.

I have been thinking about something for quite some time now and just want to say what it is. Did it strike anyone as odd that a new looking flat screen TV was on the chest in Ronald and Misty's bedroom? It is in one of the walk through pics and video.

Could that be a new TV and purchased the afternoon Haleigh went missing? And I mean before Ronald went to work.

I gave away a front heavy RCA tv that I had in the guest room because I had read in my local news that this particular TV had fallen over on an elderly woman who had it on her chest of drawers. Could Haleigh have been trying to put a movie in while standing on a chair (the chair from the computer desk in the bedroom) attempting to put a movie in? Misty gave different versions of the movies the kids were supposed to have watched that night. I always thought that was odd.

If little Haleigh had fallen out of a chair and the TV fall on top of her, then it is possible it could kill her. And there may have been no blood at all.

Just thinking about what evidence could have been found in that pond tonight. Or could it have been a large cooler weighted down with one of those cinder blocks? A blanket?

IDK. I have no idea what happened to Haleigh, but I certainly hope she is located and put to rest in a dignified manner. If Haleigh is no longer with us, then she is an angel in heaven with Cayllee, Nevaeh, and countless other little angels.

If whatever happened was truly an accident, as in TV falling, or accidentally run over-there would have been no need to hide the body and claim a kidnapping. Accidents do happen and we don't usually send people to jail for that. IMO, drugs...then they may have seen a reason to hide the body.

great questions. After all these new developments were reported last week and we heard on Nancy Grace that Ronald couldn't reach Misty on her cell so he called Tommy...or whoever....I think that is what the non-emergency # was about. Purely speculating. Could Joe or someone have went to see why Misty wasn't answering her phone? I remember talk that Chelsea or Lyndsey, sorry i can't remember which one said it I am not good with names, anyway someone checked on joe to see if he was home at one point during that evening and he wasn't and then he was said to have been seen at a later point sleeping in his clothes and shoes.

Misty called to ask about a scratch being on the van that wasn't there before that evening as well. I find it very hard to believe that the moved, scratched van has nothing to do with Haleigh's case. I think it does. LE took the van in for testing and returned it soon after to it's owner. We never heard if there was any evidence obtained from that van though. They would not release details because it would hinder their investigation. how convenient though that Misty recalled an incident with a dead deer....never understood the need to bring that into the discussion unless it was because she thought there might have been blood in the van. JMO. Lot's of speculation in my post I know.....
Elle1919 Misty did not make that call that was lindsey that called chealse. WE did hear about the results about the van and it was an unrelated crime and no evidence was found that linked the van to HaLeighs disapearance. Don't mean to be anything but helpfull in clearing up the facts.:angel:

tm with what we are learning with the reporting of what LE says is connected or not connected in the last 5 days, I feel safe to say we don't know they aren't telling the truth. Already we have found too much proof they aren't revealing correct details to the public concerning the case. For good reasons I'm sure, but still we won't know til we know. LE isn't telling us everything or being truthful with us due to their own motives.

Elle1919 Misty did not make that call that was lindsey that called chealse. WE did hear about the results about the van and it was an unrelated crime and no evidence was found that linked the van to HaLeighs disapearance. Don't mean to be anything but helpfull in clearing up the facts.:angel:

Little busy right now so I can't go find the video that I am referring to but TM it was said that Misty called the owner of the van and said "please tell me that you put the scratch in the van" I heard that with my own ears.

I did not ever hear LE come out and make a statement that there was no evidence found in the van to link it to Haleigh's disappearance. If I am wrong you could post the link to the statement to un-cloud my brain....:blushing:

I don't have a theory. I've pretty much said that all along, I just wanted to make sure to say it again.

Here is something I'm puzzling out in my mind ~ last night and today~ Can't quite put my finger on why it's nudging me to pay attention. Could be nothing you know? Probably is but here I'll just go ahead and post it.

Of course, we can't put a lot of faith into what MC has said, if only because her stories of that night have changed...

But- it was said that MC and RC were talking and they had an argument about her babysitting or some such. She cut the phone off after that argument. (unconfirmed)

It was said that she had conversations with her brother(s) prior to the phone being cut off (unconfirmed)

It was said that her blanket was in the Van (by her) and that it was unavailable that night when she laid down (unconfirmed)

The place that LE is searching at this time, is a known party spot for younger folk in that area.

I wonder if the argument over the phone (if true) was a sort of ruse to get out of the house by MC? Given that she had a weekend prior that she was out of the house perhaps she knew that RC wouldn't approve?

Perhaps there was a party or get together out at Mondex (near that pond) and she wanted to go. A myspace posting by the Sheffield family said something along the lines of MC we know you are young and just wanted to party and have fun like all the other kids your age...

Did MC want to go have fun that night? Was her Brother(s) going? Did she cut off her phone, grab the kids, grab her blanket to keep them warm and head out of the house?

But then we have Jr. we don't know what he said but obviously he didn't tell a story that would say that happened. But what if he had been asleep when she moved the children from the house to van and then moved him from van to house. He might not remember. I've seen kids sleep through a lot of things.

It's just something I've been thinking. It doesn't even approach explaining to what may have happened to Haleigh. I'm at a loss as to what might have happened if she had been removed from the home in this manner.

Just something I've been thinking about, not a theory. Just a possibility in my mind at this time. JMHO.

If whatever happened was truly an accident, as in TV falling, or accidentally run over-there would have been no need to hide the body and claim a kidnapping. Accidents do happen and we don't usually send people to jail for that. IMO, drugs...then they may have seen a reason to hide the body.

Ok, and this is just a thought I came up with after reading your post. What if it was an accident, then , because remember the Caylee Anthony memorial was going on. How about if they thought, well she is gone, maybe we can make this seem like an abduction and the donations will come rolling in....

I don't have a theory. I've pretty much said that all along, I just wanted to make sure to say it again.

Here is something I'm puzzling out in my mind ~ last night and today~ Can't quite put my finger on why it's nudging me to pay attention. Could be nothing you know? Probably is but here I'll just go ahead and post it.

Of course, we can't put a lot of faith into what MC has said, if only because her stories of that night have changed...

But- it was said that MC and RC were talking and they had an argument about her babysitting or some such. She cut the phone off after that argument. (unconfirmed)

It was said that she had conversations with her brother(s) prior to the phone being cut off (unconfirmed)

It was said that her blanket was in the Van (by her) and that it was unavailable that night when she laid down (unconfirmed)

The place that LE is searching at this time, is a known party spot for younger folk in that area.

I wonder if the argument over the phone (if true) was a sort of ruse to get out of the house by MC? Given that she had a weekend prior that she was out of the house perhaps she knew that RC wouldn't approve?

Perhaps there was a party or get together out at Mondex (near that pond) and she wanted to go. A myspace posting by the Sheffield family said something along the lines of MC we know you are young and just wanted to party and have fun like all the other kids your age...

Did MC want to go have fun that night? Was her Brother(s) going? Did she cut off her phone, grab the kids, grab her blanket to keep them warm and head out of the house?

But then we have Jr. we don't know what he said but obviously he didn't tell a story that would say that happened. But what if he had been asleep when she moved the children from the house to van and then moved him from van to house. He might not remember. I've seen kids sleep through a lot of things.

It's just something I've been thinking. It doesn't even approach explaining to what may have happened to Haleigh. I'm at a loss as to what might have happened if she had been removed from the home in this manner.

Just something I've been thinking about, not a theory. Just a possibility in my mind at this time. JMHO.

I can see all that happening, but if it was a "party"/gathering with multiple people, wouldn't some one person have told by now?

I can see all that happening, but if it was a "party"/gathering with multiple people, wouldn't some one person have told by now?

That's what is holding me back from thinking that this is probable LOL thanks capri.

Possible yes, probable naw...:)

Hi ShawnHS! BBM :)

IIRC, RC has not been "cleared" as a suspect. His attorney made a statement a week or so ago stating RC is still on the list of suspects, however he went from top to the bottom. (whatever that means) The links to the articles are upstairs. I just want you to have the facts.:)

I guess the shell games are being played quite a bit with LE. As of August 18, 2009 news reports indicated police had cleared Ron. This included an article from the Palatka Daily News, which they have now archived. But the same report is still available from the Gainesville Sun "...And the agency said that Haleigh's biological parents, Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, are not considered suspects..."

Link to article: Gainesville.com

I guess the shell games are being played quite a bit with LE. As of August 18, 2009 news reports indicated police had cleared Ron. This included an article from the Palatka Daily News, which they have now archived. But the same report is still available from the Gainesville Sun "...And the agency said that Haleigh's biological parents, Cummings and Crystal Sheffield, are not considered suspects..."

lol...not the shell game my friend....just many different opinions on what people want to believe is true and false in this case. Only time will tell where the truth lies.

That's because, while reporters often confuse the two, there is a very important difference between "cleared" and "not a suspect" or even the ambiguous "cleared as a suspect".

"Cleared" means LE has eliminated that person.

"Suspect" is more of a legal term that LE holds off on using unless for tactical reasons, or they are ready to arrest the person.

You might note as an example, Raymond Clark in the Annie Le case: LE repeatedly said he wasn't a suspect, even while they were following him everywhere.

The reason they try to avoid admitting it is that once LE calls someone a suspect, certain legal requirements in the way LE can handle the person changes. If they want to show their hand without triggering those things, they'll usually use the term "person of interest" instead.

So all of this is why "Cleared" has a very different meaning from "cleared as a suspect" or "not a suspect". :)

you know the whole thing with the blanket still bothers me. do you think that maybe in the midst of haleigh going through whatever she may have been going through she peed the blanket. stress related to the event. idk the blanket just bothers me a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nahnah_2015