Theories On What Happened to Caylee Part #4

Which Listed Below Did Caylee Die From?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know a lot has been said about her killing Caylee because she didn't want her, but I don't know if I truly believe that. By looking at the emails and text messages and what her friends have said, it doesn't appear to me that she hated or didn't want Caylee. I think she probably did feel trapped, but I think a lot of mothers feel that way at times. As for her saying "little snot nose", I honestly don't think that is as big as a deal as it's being made out to be. Although I've never said anything like that about my child (I'm way too proud of being a Mom! LOL), I've known a lot of mother's who have said a lot worse about their kids. Her history and her actions afterward just don't seem like it was planned. JMO.

PS: Please note that I am in NO WAY defending or condoning what Casey did. :furious:

I see what your saying :) The only problem is these so called friends didnt know the real Casey.And I bet if we were to ask them today they would admit that they never really knew KC as they thought. She lied and stoled from many and was real good at it. Just because on the outside someone might seem loving and caring by pictures emails and how they act around someone doesnt mean she wasnt something different when alone with Caylee. You see it time and time again in domestic case for example. Even family members are blind sided when they learn the truth.Just because someone has never been caught doesnt mean they have never been abusive to someone mentally or physically.Personally I think KC is a good con artist and uses her looks among other things to win people over.Its hard to believe a mother can kill a child but it happens alot more then one might think. And in alot of those cases friends and family believe they are loving to their children to.Everything KC as done sinse her daughter been missing screams to me that she is diffently the type of person to kill her child.I see right through her act.But thats just me and my opinion:)

.but I just can't. Too much points to an intentional murder: the web searches, the chloroform, the not reporting her missing, the fake Nanny, the little dropped mentions of Caylee's favorite book (knowing full well that book would be found if the body was.) Too much of it indicates planning.

I think Casey planned to stage a kidnapping and had an elaborate plan in her head, and she seemed to be working on connections in California so she could leave Florida when all of this occurred. But in the heat of the moment after the fight with her mother, she acted out of despair and now she's trying to go along with the little bits and pieces of the plan she had long ago started - it's just not all falling into place the way she'd hoped.

If it was an accident, if Caylee drowned, something like that, Casey being the exemplary liar that she is, would have made something else up, blamed someone else AND played the POOR MOTHER thing to the max. Nothing would be better than that kind of sympathy. Imagine then the donations.

Maybe a juror will have more sympathy for her. I can't look at all the extenuating circumstances of this case and think that it was anything more than an ill-planned kidnapping story that got botched after the desperation created by this big fight with Cindy.

and this is still what LE is saying, right? i've been curious, how could they know that it was intentional without knowing HOW caylee died?

Maybe from evidence they gathered with the body? What follows is hypothetical: Even if evidence of chloroform, tape and cloth was found at the scene, experts would still not be able to determine it was the cause of death. The manner in which these were applied/ or never removed might tell a clearer story of intent. JMO.

Maybe from evidence they gathered with the body? What follows is hypothetical: Even if evidence of chloroform, tape and cloth was found at the scene, experts would still not be able to determine it was the cause of death. The manner in which these were applied/ or never removed might tell a clearer story of intent. JMO.

Did the Medical Examiner, during that news conference mention that they didn't know 'yet' how she had died. Something gave me the impression that didn't know that day, but might in the future, I guess waiting for toxicology reports.

What's interesting is they say homicide, but no cause. I think this will come out because that is a big question that needs to be answered if they are certain it's a homicide. Otherwise, there will be some back pedalling.

I see what your saying :) The only problem is these so called friends didnt know the real Casey.And I bet if we were to ask them today they would admit that they never really knew KC as they thought. She lied and stoled from many and was real good at it. Just because on the outside someone might seem loving and caring by pictures emails and how they act around someone doesnt mean she wasnt something different when alone with Caylee. You see it time and time again in domestic case for example. Even family members are blind sided when they learn the truth.Just because someone has never been caught doesnt mean they have never been abusive to someone mentally or physically.Personally I think KC is a good con artist and uses her looks among other things to win people over.Its hard to believe a mother can kill a child but it happens alot more then one might think. And in alot of those cases friends and family believe they are loving to their children to.Everything KC as done sinse her daughter been missing screams to me that she is diffently the type of person to kill her child.I see right through her act.But thats just me and my opinion:)

Oh, I totally see where you are coming from and I agree 100%. She could have been completely different when she was alone with Caylee, although in the videos, etc., it doesn't appear that Caylee was afraid of her. I do think that she is a con artist who has gotten by on her looks and uses it to her advantage.

I still think her actions afterward were not those of someone who had a plan. If she had planned this all along she wouldn't have just drove around, etc. She would have taking that time to plant ideas into her friends heads, etc. Also, Why not go to PR? She wanted to go and this would have been the perfect time to kill Caylee and have an excuse for where Caylee was. She could have come back and said that the Nanny took her. She could have put on a huge show and got everyone involved. She would still have the time advantage (of them not finding her) as she would have been gone on vacation when it happened. It would have been more believable. Story: A mother goes on vacation, leaves child with sitter, she and her friends come back and the child is gone... the babysitter and child are no where to be found.

As for stealing, I can see her thinking that she would get away with it with her family, but for her to sign Amy's checks she knew that Amy would know that she took the money and once Amy found out she would lose Amy, Tony, and all the others who were important to her at that time. If she cared, then I don't think she would have been so careless with her actions. I think she knew that she wouldn't be around by the time it came out, which leads me to think that she was partying her butt off because she knew it would end soon.

But as another poster said, the LE says she intentionally did this, so I wonder what they have.

This scenerio, has played out in my mind many times...
With all information from your work & JamesBondJames, there is only 30 mins. between the call from George to her call to Tony @3:35pm. This is why the premeditation doesn't work for me. We know that there was an argument on the 15th, which is substantiated in the Docs., Supplemental Report, Pg 2499, by Mark F to LE. The basis of that argument stemmed from Cindy's visit on Father's Day, & her conversation with her mother about the checks, & her mother's admonition to throw KC out. I think this was building & festering with Cindy on the ride home & she finally unleashes all of this on Casey, coupled with her being an irresponsible & unfit mother to Caylee & believe it was a huge blowout. Considering this with her all-night activity with TL (very little sleep) & combined with feelings of worthlessness, it explains, why, if an accident did occur, she could not face the fact that her mother was right. If this had been injected into KC's mind over & over again & then it actually happened, here is the Self-Fullfilling Prophecy manifested into reality! I think we can all relate to some incident in life where we've seen this occur, & it is Shocking! Maybe, if this unfortunate set of circumstances had happened without the assault from the previous night's altercation, her course of action after the fact, may have been different.

The cover-up now begins. Caylee is beyond anyone's help at this point & only thru some momentary neglect on KC's part did this occur. She exonerates herself. This is also when she literally "drops out of sight" from her usual group of friends (too many reminders of Caylee) & fills her world with new people & distractions. She does not feel guilt, she is thinking the child is hers to do with, what she deems necessary, for her own survival.

As crazy as this may sound to some people, (including myself) I see young people today, as not viewing death the way previous generations do. Witnessing KC's Facebook & MySpace, paints a fatalistic portrait of her views on life & death. I do not condone, in any way shape or manner, her actions on how she disposed of her daughter, I'm just trying to step outside & look at why or how this may have happened!

ITA! (Self-fulfilling prophecy, hmm where have I heard this before lol!) Doesn't sound the least crazy to me (no less plausible than all the farfetched theories we hear). No actually, it is perfectly consistent w/ what we know of KC's self-involved, disorganized personality. KC lacked among many things the right priorities, good judgment, parenting skills and especially the maturity and selflessness to make the necessary sacrifices for her child. I just don't think that necessarily equates w malice and forethought. There was nothing preventing her from a party lifesyle when her parents had offered to assume custody and KC could have disappeared w/OUT Caylee--and been entirely free to do whatever she wanted. And there is more than one possible interpretation of her behavior following her daughter's death. One is the 'Dancing on the Grave' explanation. But it's also possible that all her high risk, manic behaviors simply escalated in her own attempt to escape the reality of what had happened. It doesn't villify or demonize KC, but as the mother of a 20 year-old daughter myself and grandmother to her two-year old daughter, one can only hope that should a young already labelled "unfit" unbalanced mother's self-centered, narcissistic behavior, poor priorities and childish preoccupation lead to the death of their child, they would have the courage, humility and mental stability to respond to that sort of trauma and tragedy in a brave, realistic or responsible way. IMO there just isn't the least shred, nothing whatsoever in KC's past indicating we could expect this kind of mentally stable response from her in the aftermath of this sort of scenario. JMO

.but I just can't. Too much points to an intentional murder: the web searches, the chloroform, the not reporting her missing, the fake Nanny, the little dropped mentions of Caylee's favorite book (knowing full well that book would be found if the body was.) Too much of it indicates planning.

I think Casey planned to stage a kidnapping and had an elaborate plan in her head, and she seemed to be working on connections in California so she could leave Florida when all of this occurred. But in the heat of the moment after the fight with her mother, she acted out of despair and now she's trying to go along with the little bits and pieces of the plan she had long ago started - it's just not all falling into place the way she'd hoped.

If it was an accident, if Caylee drowned, something like that, Casey being the exemplary liar that she is, would have made something else up, blamed someone else AND played the POOR MOTHER thing to the max. Nothing would be better than that kind of sympathy. Imagine then the donations.

Maybe a juror will have more sympathy for her. I can't look at all the extenuating circumstances of this case and think that it was anything more than an ill-planned kidnapping story that got botched after the desperation created by this big fight with Cindy.

I have absoluetly NO SYMPATHY for her!!! I think some of the things you point out as to an intentional murder (not reporting her missing, the fake Nanny, Caylee's favorite book, etc.) points more to unintentional. They make no sense, there was no backup, no plan. It seems to me it was a spur of the moment decision (getting the book, not calling, etc). As for the the web searches and the chloroform, I just don't think these searches are as important as they appear to be. Really, who searches for a shovel? Even if you're planning to kill someone I just can't see seaching for a shovel. I think the choloform search was due to the picture that (Tony?) had. She probably didn't know what chloroform was and did a search, which lead to how its made, etc. Not saying that this is what happened, but the searches don't seem to hold as much weight with me.

ITA! (Self-fulfilling prophecy, hmm where have I heard this before lol!) Doesn't sound the least crazy to me (no less plausible than all the farfetched theories we hear). No actually, it is perfectly consistent w/ what we know of KC's self-involved, disorganized personality. KC lacked among many things the right priorities, good judgment, parenting skills and especially the maturity and selflessness to make the necessary sacrifices for her child. I just don't think that necessarily equates w malice and forethought. There was nothing preventing her from a party lifesyle when her parents had offered to assume custody and KC could have disappeared w/OUT Caylee--and been entirely free to do whatever she wanted. And there is more than one possible interpretation of her behavior following her daughter's death. One is the 'Dancing on the Grave' explanation. But it's also possible that all her high risk, manic behaviors simply escalated in her own attempt to escape the reality of what had happened. It doesn't villify or demonize KC, but as the mother of a 20 year-old daughter myself and grandmother to her two-year old daughter, one can only hope that should a young already labelled "unfit" unbalanced mother's self-centered, narcissistic behavior, poor priorities and childish preoccupation lead to the death of their child, they would have the courage, humility and mental stability to respond to that sort of trauma and tragedy in a brave, realistic or responsible way. IMO there just isn't the least shred, nothing whatsoever in KC's past indicating we could expect this kind of mentally stable response from her in the aftermath of this sort of scenario. JMO

OMG you said that perfectly! :clap:

I have absoluetly NO SYMPATHY for her!!! I think some of the things you point out as to an intentional murder (not reporting her missing, the fake Nanny, Caylee's favorite book, etc.) points more to unintentional. They make no sense, there was no backup, no plan. It seems to me it was a spur of the moment decision (getting the book, not calling, etc). As for the the web searches and the chloroform, I just don't think these searches are as important as they appear to be. Really, who searches for a shovel? Even if you're planning to kill someone I just can't see seaching for a shovel. I think the choloform search was due to the picture that (Tony?) had. She probably didn't know what chloroform was and did a search, which lead to how its made, etc. Not saying that this is what happened, but the searches don't seem to hold as much weight with me.

(Blue bold by me)

Hysterical when you actually think about it in context isn't it?!!! :floorlaugh:

(Blue bold by me)

Hysterical when you actually think about it in context isn't it?!!! :floorlaugh:

I tell my husband all the time that if someone was ever to look on my computer and see my searches, I'd be put away for good! :bananapowerslide:

I believe some dogs can hit at one hour's decomp. could depend on body actually.

I think 1.5 hours' death is enough for a dog to hit.

I posted this link and info on another earlier thread. Turns out cadaver dogs can pick up the scent of someone w/in minutes of time of death (ie where gases have been forming as little as ten--and even two--minutes) with amazing accuracy, the success rate of which only slightly diminishes relative to the amount of time body is in contact w that location. This leads me to believe the dogs hit in the backyard--near the pool--because that's logically the first place KC would have placed her (and possibly where Caylee laid if KC either made a desperate attempt to revive her or during the panicked series of calls) after retrieving Caylee from the pool. I see no other logical explanation for why KC would have chosen this spot to lay her daughter. JMO

"One of the questions surrounding human cadaver dogs is how soon after death they can recognise a corpse, and how long a "fresh" corpse must remain in one place for a dog to detect that it has been there. In a study published last year, the forensic pathologist Lars Oesterhelweg, then at the University of Bern in Switzerland, and colleagues tested the ability of three Hamburg State Police cadaver dogs to pick out--of a line-up of six new carpet squares--the one that had been exposed for no more than 10 minutes to a recently deceased person.

Several squares had been placed beneath a clothed corpse within three hours of death, when some organs and many cells of the human body are still functioning. Over the next month, the dogs did hundreds of trials in which they signalled the contaminated square with 98 per cent accuracy, falling to 94 per cent when the square had been in contact with the corpse for only two minutes. The research concluded that cadaver dogs were an "outstanding tool" for crime-scene investigation."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/sc...es-835047.html

There is something about Casey’s actions afterwards that have been bugging me. If this was a planned killing, wouldn’t it be likely that Casey would have had a plan on what she was going to do once she killed Caylee? To me, her actions afterwards tend to lean toward this being an accident. Here’s why:

If she had planned to kill Caylee, I would think that she would have had a better plan afterwards, like leaving the state (perhaps saying that she got a new job, etc), or calling 911 a couple of days later to report her missing like some other psycho moms have done. I think she would have thought of something better than the nanny story.

She had to know that she would eventually be caught or have to answer to everyone as to where Caylee was. I can’t imagine that she thought that this would go on forever and that she would be able to keep Caylee away from everyone. I know this is probably not the way it happened, but I’m just trying to think of all the different scenarios…

What if…

During the day Casey and Caylee were in the pool (would explain why the ladder was up) and after being in the pool for awhile, Caylee takes a nap (perhaps out of site from where Casey is on the computer). At that time Casey goes online and starts chatting with friends. While on the computer, Caylee wakes up and wanders outside since that was where she last saw her mom. After awhile, Casey checks in on Caylee and sees that she’s not there so she starts looking around the house. After searching the house, she starts to panic and without thinking calls her parents because she can’t find Caylee. No one answers. She continues to look and finds her dead in the pool. Instead of doing the right thing and calling 911, she sees that Caylee is dead and quickly comes to the realization that she is at fault and that her Mom will blame her. So instead of facing the truth (which we know is easy for her) she realizes that she has to come up with something. She is no longer panicking or upset as in her mind she has removed herself from the situation and goes into her manipulating mode.

She gets a bag and lays a wet Caylee on top of it in the trunk (could explain the trace amount of chloroform in the trunk) . She then goes back into the house and grabs all her stuff and takes off. She becomes cold to the facts and ignores what has happened until the smell. At some point she takes Caylee out of the trunk and tries to bury her in the backyard and eventually moves her. She gets rid of the car and places it by a dumpster thinking that she can tell people the smell is from the garbage. Knowing that she will probably get caught, she comes up with the nanny story and decides to do everything she wants while she still can.

If you think about it, her old friends have said that she acted differently by partying, etc. Could it be that Casey decides to live it up as she knew it was only a matter of time that she’d be caught? Also, when she stole the checks from Amy, she had to know that she would get caught since she signed her name of the checks. How was she planning to explain that? She knew if she got caught for stealing the checks she would no longer be friends with all of them. I don’t think she cared that Amy was going to know, or about anything for that matter. I think that’s why she partied like crazy, dated, bought things and got a tattoo. I think she knew she was going to have to own up to everything sooner or later so in the meantime she was going to have fun. It would also explain her comment to Lee about how this (calling the cops) should have been done long ago. If you think about it, it doesnt sound like she was at all nervous or shocked that the police were being called. I think she expected this all along (to get arrested) but used the Nanny story to create reasonable doubt (not that it did).

Sick… yes.

Possible? I don’t know.
:waitasec:

I agree with your theory on her behavior regarding the partying and especially, the check-writing. I have always felt that this was her one last "hoorah" so to speak. She knew she would get caught for the checks, but in her mind, she knew she was going to have to answer to something way more sinister, so it didn't matter to her. She was going to make the most of the time she had left.

Another thing has been bothering me and forgive me if it has already been discussed or dismissed. I have read a couple of posts regarding chloroform being used in the veterinary industry, although I don't remember the exact details.

I don't know if anyone remembers this, but someone posted about a live chat that took place one night on Murt's channel a few months ago. This was while LP was searching the Little Econ river. On the live chat, this person,(I can't remember the name she used offhand), claimed to know everything that happened and said that three people were involved and those people were cooperating with LE. It had something to do with chloroform being used on one someone's dogs. She said that initially Caylee's death was an accident, but then it turned into a cover up. She was complaining that if Casey didn't tell the truth, it was going to ruin a lot of lives. Does anyone remember this? Was it discussed and put to rest? Just curious.

When we look at the crimes that Casey previously committed, I think it paints a dark, predatory picture. She stole from her sick, elderly grandfather. She stole from her best friend. It's absolutely chilling to read the text messages between Casey and Amy after Amy discovered her money was missing. This, to me, is the perfect snapshot of the Casey who appears vs. the Casey who is.

I agree with your theory on her behavior regarding the partying and especially, the check-writing. I have always felt that this was her one last "hoorah" so to speak. She knew she would get caught for the checks, but in her mind, she knew she was going to have to answer to something way more sinister, so it didn't matter to her. She was going to make the most of the time she had left.

Another thing has been bothering me and forgive me if it has already been discussed or dismissed. I have read a couple of posts regarding chloroform being used in the veterinary industry, although I don't remember the exact details.

I don't know if anyone remembers this, but someone posted about a live chat that took place one night on Murt's channel a few months ago. This was while LP was searching the Little Econ river. On the live chat, this person,(I can't remember the name she used offhand), claimed to know everything that happened and said that three people were involved and those people were cooperating with LE. It had something to do with chloroform being used on one someone's dogs. She said that initially Caylee's death was an accident, but then it turned into a cover up. She was complaining that if Casey didn't tell the truth, it was going to ruin a lot of lives. Does anyone remember this? Was it discussed and put to rest? Just curious.

Hmmm... I never heard that. I do wonder what the LE has. There has been a lot that we haven't seen, such as Annie's interview. Makes you wonder why...

I'm sure the defense also has things that we don't know, but with their history I'm not sure if any of it will be believable. The trial will be VERY interesting and I can't wait to here both sides.

:clap:
Once again Kiki, your elaboration is inspirational & supports my theory, even more than when I wrote it! "Dancing on the Grave" is brilliant!

I wonder if something on this type of scenerio is what Baez means when he says, "you don't know the half of it" ...also to why Cindy says KC would never harm Caylee? One can only hope?

If this was a deliberate act, one would think it would have been easy to stage something, even half-a##ed, so as to not point the finger at her. She pretty much just let it play out, not knowing what to do.

I believe that had the argument not happened the night before, she may have made different choices. If Cindy accused her of multiple transgressions in the care of Caylee, & IF there was an unsupervised moment of neglect which contributed to her death, the very next day; that with which she had just been accused, Actually happens!!.....Her mother's prophecy has now come true. She is in shock.. calling 911 won't help, Caylee is dead... ."how can this be happening to ME".....

Would like to hear opposing views on this!

You'll get no opposition from me LOL. This is what I've been saying, "from Day One." If we look back on those telling words of KC's, in the Diary of Days following, it is equally consistent:

“On the worst of worst days, remember the words spoken
Trust no one, only yourself.
With great power, comes great consequence.
What is given can be taken away.
Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies.”

There is nothing in this which suggests premeditation, nor even the mindset of one who has intentionally murdered. It conveys, rather, a mind and heart shut down--unable to register the horror of something she does not so much seem to deny responsibility for as she is saying it's the indirect consequence of her irresponsibility or something over which she appears to be feeling powerless. If she is indeed referring to Caylee, she uses the word "taken." And that, to me, is terribly significant. JMO

:clap:
Once again Kiki, your elaboration is inspirational & supports my theory, even more than when I wrote it! "Dancing on the Grave" is brilliant!

I wonder if something on this type of scenerio is what Baez means when he says, "you don't know the half of it" ...also to why Cindy says KC would never harm Caylee? One can only hope?

Omg where have you been all my (WS) life lol. Just go back thru earlier Theories threads etc, this has long been my own unpopular belief ("I can't get no help around here!") since I joined in September. Since then it's been hard to refine this theory though since there's hardly anybody off whom to bounce ideas--ie if they were tossed back at all, it was done pretty roughly... LOL
;)
:toast:
:blowkiss:

Omg where have you been all my (WS) life lol. Just go back thru earlier Theories threads etc, this has long been my own unpopular belief ("I can't get no help around here!") since I joined in September. Since then it's been hard to refine this theory though since there's hardly anybody off whom to bounce ideas--ie if they were tossed back at all, it was done pretty roughly... LOL
;)

We are here! We just get lost in the crowds sometimes. :blowkiss:

;)

I personally like bouncing ideas back and forth and going with the "what if's", as it makes you think deeper and have a better understanding. It's not always the "popular" thing to do, but I enjoy playing the devil's advocate as most things are never as simple as it seems.

I personally like bouncing ideas back and forth and going with the "what if's", as it makes you think deeper and have a better understanding. It's not always the "popular" thing to do, but I enjoy playing the devil's advocate as most things are never as simple as it seems.
ITA And who wants to be popular?? I love people who express their opinions with passion & feeling for all the facts in this case.

There are quite a few like Kiki, who are gifted, to be able to write so eloquently, their deepest feelings & stretch your thinking to consider other alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500