Theories on What Happened to Zahra

Just speculating here

1) EB told her cousin she was "afraid to call 911" because CPS had already been called to the home. This leads me to believe that EB was more afraid of CPS finding out and confirming little Zahra was indeed enduring severe neglect and/or abuse. If EB was more "afraid" of CPS finding out than she was "afraid" of Zahra dying, she would be motivated to continue allowing Zahra to die (as would AB).
2) If AB was working for the past 6 months, I would then believe EB was in care, custody and control of Zahra for most of Zahra's awake hours. I bring this up because I am still startled by how much weight EB appears to have lost since the May 2010 hearing aide video. Therefore, I contend that if EB wasn't eating regularly - I doubt Zahra was eating well regularly (as I am assuming EB would be in total control over what and when Zahra ate during the daytime hours).
3) If previous CPS involvement was in or around May 2010, I would think that the only reason AB and EB took Zahra out of school to "homeschool" her would have something to do with a referral to CPS for medical and/or educational neglect (ie: EB following through with obtaining the free hearing aides) right around the same time period. Often when CPS gets involved with families, they will work with the schools and local community resources to help meet the child's needs. I personally believe the family moved and kept Zahra out of school so that there would be no eyes on this child. They could isolate Zahra from friends, family, and caring 3rd parties who might look out for the best interest of the child.
3) Systemic organ failure can look like someone is suffering from a virus.
4) No medical treatment, no schooling, inappropriate nutrition, punitative parenting (making Zahra run up and down the hill despite the pain, forcing Zahra to learn to run before riding a bicycle), and not to mention AB's statement that Zahra was "brooding" and when she is sick - he just leaves her alone. I am positive that he was not the "nurturing parent" during Zahra's cancer struggles and pain. I believe AB left all of the nurturing and parenting to his Mother and when he married - he left it to the evil Step-Mother (who had no emotional attachment to this disabled child).
4) After allowing Zahra to die, AB & EB went into major coverup mode.
5) Zahra's bio-Mom claims she found Zahra 3 days before she was reported missing. I believe AB found out ED was trying to gain contact with his already (or nearly) deceased daughter - he had to have an excuse for Zahra not being there should someone begin an investigation. Keep in mind, there were no other eyes on Zahra. She had moved from the trailer she had friends on the street and neighbors saw her. She had been taken out of school. We have no mention of Zahra playing with neighbor children @ the 21st street address or even being seen at the property by neighbors (to my knowledge). The only "eyes" looking for Zahra was her bio-Mom, 3 days before she was reported missing. Not even EB's Father, who knew of Zahra existence, was in contact with this family. I think this is the reason they even reported a child missing, otherwise they would have continued on with life, because no one was checking in on Zahra. (Maybe AB's mother might have inquired about her).

You have summed up my theory in better words than I could ever find!! Great post! I definitely agree with #5. I believe ED finding her daughter had a big piece in this puzzle, or the idea that someone (anyone) was actually looking for Zahra and they would have to answer to the neglect.

Just speculation completely here.

After trying to fathom that a father could be involved in this at all. I thought about this.......What if ZB was found deceased in her bed by EB. She panics and dumps the little body. Now AB comes home and she tells him what has been done. The kinda horrifying part she spoke about (if true) was that he went and retrieved her body and brought it home. Now panic really sets in and a decomposing body must be moved. I don't want to go into any more detail of the different places coming in. It's too much to think about. Now the burning and note comes into play....because he made her have to do that.

The reason I thought this is because when I was a very young mother a woman lost her baby in our apartments to SIDS. She took the baby out of the coffin at the wake and tried to run with it. It's so sad and heart breaking. Too much to think about .

Buying the new mattress makes me think she wanted AB to think Z was just sick and don't bother her.Cover up. I guess time will tell us. Beautiful girl is gone and no more pain. What a wonderful spirit this little girl had and what she could of gave the world with it we will never know.

Just speculation completely here.

After trying to fathom that a father could be involved in this at all. I thought about this.......What if ZB was found deceased in her bed by EB. She panics and dumps the little body. Now AB comes home and she tells him what has been done. The kinda horrifying part she spoke about (if true) was that he went and retrieved her body and brought it home. Now panic really sets in and a decomposing body must be moved. I don't want to go into any more detail of the different places coming in. It's too much to think about. Now the burning and note comes into play....because he made her have to do that.

The reason I thought this is because when I was a very young mother a woman lost her baby in our apartments to SIDS. She took the baby out of the coffin at the wake and tried to run with it. It's so sad and heart breaking. Too much to think about .

Great speculating here! I would agree with this theory except for one thing. I think the Mother you lived near whose baby died of SIDS was emotionally attached to her baby. She was in shock and unable to let this sweet baby leave her (IMO).

I feel the "distancing" from Zahra, that AB admitted on the 911 tape, where he said he just leaves her alone when she is not feeling well is extremely telling. If we take AB at his word about the distancing of the relationship when Zahra needs him the most (this is her Father who has been with her since birth - or at least since she was 8 months old). What parent doesn't want to comfort and nurture their sick child (especially one who has encountered numerous medical procedures and pain)? She was 10 years old.

Zahra may not have been able to call her Paternal Grandmother - the one I believe was the nurturing person who was most significant in her life. She didn't get to call the young boy that she danced with and wrote letters to. She didn't even get to send the letters she had spent so much time writing. This screams of AB & EB"s "total disconnect" from the emotional state of the child (at least in my opinion).

WS has a dreams and visions thread related to Zahra's case in the member's only section, at the link below.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117183"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

ETA: catnron, if you want me to move your post there, just let me know.

ETA2: Turns out I don't have the Jedi powers to move this, but I have asked an admin or a mod with powers in the PL to do it when they can!

WS has a dreams and visions thread related to Zahra's case in the member's only section, at the link below.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

ETA: catnron, if you want me to move your post there, just let me know.

ETA2: Turns out I don't have the Jedi powers to move this, but I have asked an admin or a mod with powers in the PL to do it when they can!
Thank You so much for your help:)

I woke this morning at 2:43 am from a dream about Zahra, the dream was so real. I did not even try to get up, I wanted to remember all parts of the dream.
The #243 seems like a house number, In my dream, EB had lived in a house on a road that was long and winding, very few houses on this road. The house EB lived in is no longer there, it was a very old house it has either caved in or torn down.There is a well on this property, far away from where the house stood, there is a grown up path to this well from where the house was, in my dreams the property has all grown up with trees and junk where people would use as a place to dump trash, there is a old couch setting on the side of the road. I walked to the well in my dreams and started crying. At that time I woke up. I would loveto know if EB lived at a house that is no longer ther, or with a 243 address. I just have this feeling that Z is in a well.
I believe this to be a place where EB may have known as a child, maybe a grandparents old home place.

Lime! I'm thinking lime!! Could EB and AB have used lime on Zahra's body after death to assist in decomposition. IMO is would somewhat explain the massive search within the Baker house. Were LE looking for lime/chemicals as opposed to blood? From what we've learned Zahra was last seen in the furniture store on the 25th September and then we are led to believe that a bone that may be human and connected to the case was found last week. I'm wondering if a human bone (if it's proven to be so) could degenerate over such a short amount of time, in that it had no flesh particles. Gawd I hate typing this but could they have dismembered her and then poured lime over her remains before disposing of her? Would lime residue show up in drain pipes?

I might be changing my mind. Bio mom's story about finding out where Z was, just before she went 'missing', is nagging at me. I'm back to the drawing board with theories. :waitasec:

I'm heartbroken her mum never got to her in time,and I don't know if Zarah knew her mum had found out where she was either,I'm assuming Zarah didn't know bless her heart...Zarah you have touched me deeply,your the strongest bravest child I've ever known of..xx

Great speculating here! I would agree with this theory except for one thing. I think the Mother you lived near whose baby died of SIDS was emotionally attached to her baby. She was in shock and unable to let this sweet baby leave her (IMO).

I feel the "distancing" from Zahra, that AB admitted on the 911 tape, where he said he just leaves her alone when she is not feeling well is extremely telling. If we take AB at his word about the distancing of the relationship when Zahra needs him the most (this is her Father who has been with her since birth - or at least since she was 8 months old). What parent doesn't want to comfort and nurture their sick child (especially one who has encountered numerous medical procedures and pain)? She was 10 years old.

Zahra may not have been able to call her Paternal Grandmother - the one I believe was the nurturing person who was most significant in her life. She didn't get to call the young boy that she danced with and wrote letters to. She didn't even get to send the letters she had spent so much time writing. This screams of AB & EB"s "total disconnect" from the emotional state of the child (at least in my opinion).
So sad reading this,and the last paragraph turns out to be true...:(

Poor Zahra did not lie there for days. EB had consistently abused her. She would rather get pills & whatnot thancare for a child. She murdered her on purpose, then started disposing of her and evidence thru out the nite. OMG she threw the mattress in a dumpster in my apt. complex. She lived in a little brick house less than a mile away! Then drove around 2 or more counties disposing of parts. That DA made some kind of deal and he's out now. We should rally to make EB stay in prison longer! They don't come any worse! How she got a rental in this nice part of town is beyond me-unless she used that blessed child to do it. Lobby for more prisonn time!!!!! Thank you. P.S. Those dumpsters got emptied twice a wk.-Mondays & Thursdays.

Poor Zahra did not lie there for days. EB had consistently abused her. She would rather get pills & whatnot thancare for a child. She murdered her on purpose, then started disposing of her and evidence thru out the nite. OMG she threw the mattress in a dumpster in my apt. complex. She lived in a little brick house less than a mile away! Then drove around 2 or more counties disposing of parts. That DA made some kind of deal and he's out now. We should rally to make EB stay in prison longer! They don't come any worse! How she got a rental in this nice part of town is beyond me-unless she used that blessed child to do it. Lobby for more prisonn time!!!!! Thank you. P.S. Those dumpsters got emptied twice a wk.-Mondays & Thursdays.
I hope and pray every day,since I found out about Zarah 13 months ago,that Stepmonster gets more time in Prison...
Still think of you sweet Zarah....xx

Just a stones throw from where I live. How was no one else convicted of ANYTHING related to this case?

I hope and pray every day,since I found out about Zarah 13 months ago,that Stepmonster gets more time in Prison...
Still think of you sweet Zarah....xx

I live in the same area and am appalled by this case. Had a friend who's mother was in prison several years ago(drugs/addiction issues) and she sat at a table in a common area many times, right across from EB. She's in prison, but living life...something she took from Z.

There's no deterrent in prison for these Child Abusers/Murderer's,I just hope and pray she never gets out.
I live in the same area and am appalled by this case. Had a friend who's mother was in prison several years ago(drugs/addiction issues) and she sat at a table in a common area many times, right across from EB. She's in prison, but living life...something she took from Z.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back