Theories on what may have happened to Benjaman Kyle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi 8truthseeker, welcome. Thanks for your comments which do reflect mine, and thanks also for posting photos in another thread. :)

Terry Kimball:

Terry_Kimball.jpg
------------------------------------------------------------------
I do not think this is a match for BK.
Pro: age
Con: Face is not the same. Ears are lower. Nose is broader. Chin is different.

IMO: This man probably murdered by his nephew.

dreamweaver, I can tell by your words that you are a passionate and helpful soul. I like how you stated, the "I don't cares" and that you are truly only concerned about helping him as a person, regardless of the outcome. I think the most frustrating thing is that we don't know if we are helping him or not...... is he getting annoyed with us? He is probably scared? Maybe embarassed. hmmmm. I guess if he wanted us to stop, he would communicate to us to cease and desist....... I think we all just want to know if we are helping......right?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome to WS, 8truthseeker8:
I think you have summed things up nicely.
We do not know if we are helping or not.
We do not know if he is annoyed with us.
We do not know if he is scared or embarrassed.

I think it is only natural, only human nature, to want some feedback.
But I do think Benjaman Kyle has too many reservations about the way
life has been the last 4 1/2 years to interact online.
I think that is why he chooses only to have contact with one or two people from WS.

Theories:
Over the past months, I have posted several theories, some possible, others a little fanciful.

But, what I have done is look at what happened in 2004, what was going on in the world, in the U.S., in Colorado, in Indiana, in Georgia.

In U.S., it was the presidential election.
In Colorado, it was the Aug., grand jury indictment of the Sheriff John Stone, who was in charge of the Columbine school shootings.
Also, in CO., it was Kobe Bryant's trial.
In Savannah, GA area, there were hurricanes in August. Florida was even harder hit than GA.
That's not to say that Benjaman Kyle's assault was tied to any well reported news worthy incident.
More than likely, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and something happened.

But, now that Wichita, KS has been mentioned, I had to look up 2004 in Wichita.
and it was BTK sending letters to news outlets.
I thought that was interesting.
I found a couple of 2004 online forums and discovered that BTK had four brothers.
One brother, Jeff, was quoted in the newspaper.

Theories: All these news information articles have to do with Benjaman Kyle being a relative and not wanting to hang around with all the publicity and spotlight. I am thinking he is a private person and just needed to get away, and off he went to GA.
i.e., CO., Sheriff Stone, marked resemblance to Benjaman K.
But could not find any mention of a brother in CO.

Someone way back in this thread mentioned the possibility that Ben could have been a truck driver. I know from first hand experience that if he were, it could easily explain away a lot of the how's and why's for us. Let me tell you some things about the trucking industry from MY perspective...and keep in mind, it's only one person's view, and we all know what opinions are 'just like.'
My ex-boyfriend is a truck driver. Long haul, regional for the most part. He has two ex-wives, three grown childen, me, and two sisters who also have familes, all in other states on the east coast. My ex has no criminal record and to the best of my knowledge he's never been fingerprinted or submitted DNA. He's never been sick a day in his life, or injured seriously, and he has no known medical history. If my ex's boss couldn't get ahold of my ex after repeatedly trying. If the load didn't get to it's intended destination, and if my ex's boss subsequently found his truck abandoned somewhere, his boss would assume that he said 'eff this, left the truck and caught a ride home. It happens ALL the time, and as long as they get their truck and that load, that's the end of it. And the load IS insured regardless.
Now, if Sunday my ex didn't come home as scheduled, I may not know for two or three days. He is my ex afterall and we don't get along so well at times, so he's known to cop an attitude and 'punish me' by not calling me to let me know he's okay. My ex isn't the nicest of people and not easy to maintain any sort of relationship with ( but I worry about his safety incessantly), and I may not know he didn't make it home simply because I'm not speaking to him at any given time. But what I can tell you is this....
If he didn't come home, and sometime later he was found much as Benjaman was found, I WOULD be the only one who would notice, I promise you. He doesn't have contact with his family, his ex-wives or his three grown children for reasons that I think are pointless to reveal, except to say that it is my opinion that he is justified in doing so and that this was their choice.
Now let's say he has cut off ties with ME, continued driving his trucks, and I hadn't seen him in say, twenty years? Would I even recognize him if I saw him on Dr. Phil if this mystery guy who WAS my ex were found a thousand miles away? I doubt it. If he was practically living in his truck, and hadn't put down roots somewhere, with someone, then who would really notice he was gone?
Note too that my ex just bought his own truck less than a month ago. That changes things a bit. It's registration, if found, would come back to a house deeded to me and to my ex...a link. So if THAT truck was found abandoned it would likely get back to me. There may not be a paper trail leading to Ben if he were driving a company truck OTR.
An aquaintance of ours was 'rolled' in Texas in 2007. He also is a truck driver. He was at the truck stop, he apparently 'took up' with a hooker ( yeah I know...ewww), and then the next thing he knew he woke up the next morning naked and beaten, behind a dumpster at the rear of the property. His truck was gone and found later a week later, abandoned at a truck stop in Alabama. Any of that sound familiar? If he hadn't known who he was when he woke up, had no ID and the truck wasn't registered to him...I think he would be sitting RIGHT where Ben is sitting now until or unless he remembered who he was. No one would know this guy was gone either, and I know for certain that HIS boss wouldn't give him a second thought if he believed the rolled guy just left his truck somewhere.
In closing, my ex is 5'11", 48 years old, and he's thin at 175 pounds, but this skinny little dude has forearms and leg muscles from h*ll. Gripping the steering wheel, pallet jacks, tarping loads when nesessary. Pedals, shifters, climbing all over that truck, and unloading that truck in a pinch.
This could explain Ben's vague recollections of such a wide variety of locations and his wide range of tastes in food too. You do the best you can with what you have if you drive truck. And you're a loner. I'd like to see someone put Ben in a rig, in a closely monitored situation that is (in case something traumatic happened to him in his truck) and see what his reaction to that is, if any. Preferably a Kenworth. He looks like a Kenworth kinda guy to me. I've been knowing truckers for the better part of twenty years and for me, Ben just has that Kenworth look about him.
I don't know if this map has been posted. I asked my ex if by some miracle of God he could look at the picture and see if HE knows Ben. He does not but Ben's picture is now plastered on the side windows of my ex's truck, so it's hitting truck stops from SC all the way to TX and MI. I explained Ben's circumstances. The first thing out of his mouth is that Ben was likely a truck driver with no ties. But he did tell me to pull it up on the map and look because he believed that there was a truck stop across from that Burger King, he knows the area suprisingly well...and low and behold...here it is....
The dumpster where Ben was found is at the bottom and center of your screen as that's the Burger King. That's the truck stop across the street and 95 can be seen off to your left. This is looking south I believe. The truck stop is a TA, and in the back there are public scales. If Ben were a trucker, all of this could make PERFECT sense in about fifteen seconds IMO....
RichHillBK.jpg

Could he have been one of the missing from Hurricane Charley?

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/20/u...-families-fear-for-touch-unaccounted-for.html

http://www.rense.com/general56/missing.htm

If he had gone to see the ocean, maybe he went to Florida, and got caught in the storm. His family/friends may not have known he went to the east coast, and would not have reported him missing there....
Theories:
Over the past months, I have posted several theories, some possible, others a little fanciful.

But, what I have done is look at what happened in 2004, what was going on in the world, in the U.S., in Colorado, in Indiana, in Georgia.

In U.S., it was the presidential election.
In Colorado, it was the Aug., grand jury indictment of the Sheriff John Stone, who was in charge of the Columbine school shootings.
Also, in CO., it was Kobe Bryant's trial.
In Savannah, GA area, there were hurricanes in August. Florida was even harder hit than GA.
That's not to say that Benjaman Kyle's assault was tied to any well reported news worthy incident.
More than likely, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and something happened.

But, now that Wichita, KS has been mentioned, I had to look up 2004 in Wichita.
and it was BTK sending letters to news outlets.
I thought that was interesting.
I found a couple of 2004 online forums and discovered that BTK had four brothers.
One brother, Jeff, was quoted in the newspaper.

Theories: All these news information articles have to do with Benjaman Kyle being a relative and not wanting to hang around with all the publicity and spotlight. I am thinking he is a private person and just needed to get away, and off he went to GA.
i.e., CO., Sheriff Stone, marked resemblance to Benjaman K.
But could not find any mention of a brother in CO.

Could he have been one of the missing from Hurricane Charley?

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/08/20/u...-families-fear-for-touch-unaccounted-for.html

http://www.rense.com/general56/missing.htm

If he had gone to see the ocean, maybe he went to Florida, and got caught in the storm. His family/friends may not have known he went to the east coast, and would not have reported him missing there....

I was never able to find out if the nearest airport to the BK was closed for Hurricane Charley. During Hurricane Charley, we had friends in from FL, and they had to stay on a little longer as their schools and such were closed, so they waited out the storm to return home. I remember the time frame, I just can't find all the info pertaining to what the storm closed, canceled, delayed, or flights that may have been rerouted. I guess we're not totally sure of Ben's travels, but I have thought that if he was heading to see the water, it would have been the Atlantic Ocean- so I kind of narrowed what I looked for because I kind of looked closer to SC, GA, FL. (I'm guilty of assuming.) I'm not sure if the Gulf of Mexico could have been his destination or if he was flying into DFW and then over to Orlando... heck, I don't know if he was flying at all. Because of his eye issue, I assumed it was a flight delay, layover, reroute, etc...

Random thoughts....
I have been thinking about Ben's statement about being surprised at seeing how old
he was after the cataract surgery. I'm wondering if he hadn't had cataracts for a long time.
Perhaps he didn't have health insurance and couldn't afford the operation. I wonder if he
wasn't on disability, and someone is still cashing disability checks for him, hence
why he hasn't been reported as missing. That's probably a long shot like some other theories,
but thought I'd mention it.

Another thing, he could've had amnesia before he was beaten up. If so, he
would have been easy prey, and someone could've rolled him. Or as someone
else mentioned if his clothes had been wet and he took them off, he might
have tried to get help, but from the wrong people who mistook him for some
kind of perv. Some street gang could've worked him over for fun, and then dumped him.

Then too, I've often thought perhaps he really was a homeless person.
Something about his looks or skin condition made the police think that's
what he was. He wasn't at the Burger King long enough to have much sun
exposure or his eyes harmed. And as for fire ants, well, he was found by
the dumpster, a natural attractant for fire ants.

Whatever Ben was doing prior, I think he was out at night. maybe wandering
around the streets not knowing who he was or where he was or how he got
there. I'm recalling the case of the young man found in Denver in 06, Jeffrey Alan Ingram,
who suffers from dissociative amnesia or fugues. He was found right away because
someone had filed a missing person's report on him. This had happened to him more than
once, and he never did regain all the memories he lost. Perhaps Ben is in the same boat.
Again, that could explain why he thought he should be younger.

Someone way back in this thread mentioned the possibility that Ben could have been a truck driver. I know from first hand experience that if he were, it could easily explain away a lot of the how's and why's for us. Let me tell you some things about the trucking industry from MY perspective...and keep in mind, it's only one person's view, and we all know what opinions are 'just like.'
My ex-boyfriend is a truck driver. Long haul, regional for the most part. He has two ex-wives, three grown childen, me, and two sisters who also have familes, all in other states on the east coast. My ex has no criminal record and to the best of my knowledge he's never been fingerprinted or submitted DNA. He's never been sick a day in his life, or injured seriously, and he has no known medical history. If my ex's boss couldn't get ahold of my ex after repeatedly trying. If the load didn't get to it's intended destination, and if my ex's boss subsequently found his truck abandoned somewhere, his boss would assume that he said 'eff this, left the truck and caught a ride home. It happens ALL the time, and as long as they get their truck and that load, that's the end of it. And the load IS insured regardless.
Now, if Sunday my ex didn't come home as scheduled, I may not know for two or three days. He is my ex afterall and we don't get along so well at times, so he's known to cop an attitude and 'punish me' by not calling me to let me know he's okay. My ex isn't the nicest of people and not easy to maintain any sort of relationship with ( but I worry about his safety incessantly), and I may not know he didn't make it home simply because I'm not speaking to him at any given time. But what I can tell you is this....
If he didn't come home, and sometime later he was found much as Benjaman was found, I WOULD be the only one who would notice, I promise you. He doesn't have contact with his family, his ex-wives or his three grown children for reasons that I think are pointless to reveal, except to say that it is my opinion that he is justified in doing so and that this was their choice.
Now let's say he has cut off ties with ME, continued driving his trucks, and I hadn't seen him in say, twenty years? Would I even recognize him if I saw him on Dr. Phil if this mystery guy who WAS my ex were found a thousand miles away? I doubt it. If he was practically living in his truck, and hadn't put down roots somewhere, with someone, then who would really notice he was gone?
Note too that my ex just bought his own truck less than a month ago. That changes things a bit. It's registration, if found, would come back to a house deeded to me and to my ex...a link. So if THAT truck was found abandoned it would likely get back to me. There may not be a paper trail leading to Ben if he were driving a company truck OTR.
An aquaintance of ours was 'rolled' in Texas in 2007. He also is a truck driver. He was at the truck stop, he apparently 'took up' with a hooker ( yeah I know...ewww), and then the next thing he knew he woke up the next morning naked and beaten, behind a dumpster at the rear of the property. His truck was gone and found later a week later, abandoned at a truck stop in Alabama. Any of that sound familiar? If he hadn't known who he was when he woke up, had no ID and the truck wasn't registered to him...I think he would be sitting RIGHT where Ben is sitting now until or unless he remembered who he was. No one would know this guy was gone either, and I know for certain that HIS boss wouldn't give him a second thought if he believed the rolled guy just left his truck somewhere.
In closing, my ex is 5'11", 48 years old, and he's thin at 175 pounds, but this skinny little dude has forearms and leg muscles from h*ll. Gripping the steering wheel, pallet jacks, tarping loads when nesessary. Pedals, shifters, climbing all over that truck, and unloading that truck in a pinch.
This could explain Ben's vague recollections of such a wide variety of locations and his wide range of tastes in food too. You do the best you can with what you have if you drive truck. And you're a loner. I'd like to see someone put Ben in a rig, in a closely monitored situation that is (in case something traumatic happened to him in his truck) and see what his reaction to that is, if any. Preferably a Kenworth. He looks like a Kenworth kinda guy to me. I've been knowing truckers for the better part of twenty years and for me, Ben just has that Kenworth look about him.
I don't know if this map has been posted. I asked my ex if by some miracle of God he could look at the picture and see if HE knows Ben. He does not but Ben's picture is now plastered on the side windows of my ex's truck, so it's hitting truck stops from SC all the way to TX and MI. I explained Ben's circumstances. The first thing out of his mouth is that Ben was likely a truck driver with no ties. But he did tell me to pull it up on the map and look because he believed that there was a truck stop across from that Burger King, he knows the area suprisingly well...and low and behold...here it is....
The dumpster where Ben was found is at the bottom and center of your screen as that's the Burger King. That's the truck stop across the street and 95 can be seen off to your left. This is looking south I believe. The truck stop is a TA, and in the back there are public scales. If Ben were a trucker, all of this could make PERFECT sense in about fifteen seconds IMO....
RichHillBK.jpg

Very interesting theory (I'm just now reading this). It certainly would explain alot - especially the naked part of it all. That has baffled me the most - 'found naked and beaten'. Must be pretty hard to remove clothing from a limp, unconscious person. The 'naked' preceded the beating, for whatever reason. IMO Also the elbow injury from a possible loading dock fall would fit, as well as other things......dragging him across the street to dispose of him does'nt fit, though.:iamashamed0005::iamashamed0005:

I would like to know how well Benjaman could see prior to the cataract surgery? Benjaman? Believe09?

I would like to know how well Benjaman could see prior to the cataract surgery? Benjaman? Believe09?

I do not know for certain whether he was actually blind or legally blind. From my earliest days I too believed that his field of vision was closing over time, and that when his vision was restored it was a shock because of the length of time he had been unable to see himself clearly. He has differed with me in the past regarding whether or not his cataracts were traumatic. I do not believe they are, he believes it is possible.

Not that I personally think he may have been a truck driver, but I was just trying to ascertain whether or not his eyesight would've impaired him in such a way as to render him incapable of driving.

Not that I personally think he may have been a truck driver, but I was just trying to ascertain whether or not his eyesight would've impaired him in such a way as to render him incapable of driving.

I had wondered if his eyesight was declining and that's why he went to see the ocean (I think that's what he thought he was doing before the accident/injuries?)

Ben's story is amazing, I pray he gets some answers soon.

After reading some thoughts from believe:
What if there was an single car/truck accident in the area where Benjaman was found. The driver of the vehicle may have been killed and BK was riding in the vehicle(maybe a hitch hiker, or someone that the person who was driving, shouldn't have been with, or maybe no one knew that person had someone with them, etc).
BK left the scene in a semi-unconscious state, not knowing he had been in a accident, due to the amnesia.
Wonder if police might remember something of this nature(of course, they wouldn't know about BK, but an accident), around the time of BK being found.

What if there was an single car/truck accident in the area where Benjaman was found. The driver of the vehicle may have been killed and BK was riding in the vehicle(maybe a hitch hiker, or someone that the person who was driving, shouldn't have been with, or maybe no one knew that person had someone with them, etc).
BK left the scene in a semi-unconscious state, not knowing he had been in a accident, due to the amnesia.
Wonder if police might remember something of this nature(of course, they wouldn't know about BK, but an accident), around the time of BK being found.

Wasn't that looked into?
Thought I remember something similar from an older post when I 1st came here and was trying to read to know what was going on.

I think there would have been an indication of seatbelt bruising perhaps-but I could see a deployed airbag perhaps mimicking a sunburn....doesnt it also deploy a white powder residue?

added thought-I dont know if it would be a uniform burn....

I can't remember. What about being hit by a car/truck walking on a foggy early morning? Someone might not have seen him, left the scene of the hit and run?

I can't remember. What about being hit by a car/truck walking on a foggy early morning? Someone might not have seen him, left the scene of the hit and run?

He would have had injuries and he didn't have any according to what was posted on another thread.

Ok, I need to say this...

Regardless how or why Benjaman was found, there has to be a reason NO one is claiming to know him..... amnesia victim or not, someone has known him and talked to him at some point of his life. I am thinking BK is not from anywhere near there, and that is why no one seems to know him or recognise him. BK seems to be a very attractive, intelligent and sweet man. I am pretty sure he would be swatting the women off like flies :) I just can't understand this??? NO ONE??? No one ever seen him? No one is looking for him? No one EVER worked with him? The only reason I can think of is that we are looking in the wrong area. I know BK had memories of that area, but, the other guy proved some memories can be wrong. I am in Ontario Canada, I never heard of BK until now! I talk to many of my friends here, and they are STUNNED about the story. I know Dr. Phil put a show on, but, how many watched it? It was most likley broadcasted during the day when majority of our population is working. If it was ever on the news, I personally have never seen it.

My biggest question is not "WHO" is Benajaman Kyle, it is "WHY" is no one looking for him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox