Theories we have regarding Kyron's disappearance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone whose whole life, whose whole psyche, is bound up in it, because it's inescapable to them anyway. So they embrace it in what appears to be a positive way, in an effort to control and conceal and subvert those impulses, which may have been derived from a familial or similar history. But of course, they cannot. I've seen some studies about racidivism among sex offenders that seem to suggest it's not... um... controllable. Your theory is very compelling. And horrifying. Thank you, Billylee.

For some, it really is uncontrollable. We had a client whose file broke my heart. He'd been abused as a child, and had been in treatment specifically to fight his pedophilia urges for over twenty years. He fought hard, but finally broke and started downloading (and subsequently was caught). When you spoke to him, you could see how much he hated himself. Not all are like that, but for some, those urges are uncontrollable, even with regular therapy. I do think Billylee's theory is compelling, although I'm still fence sitting on this case.

New theory. Someone, who may volunteer to help children, does so because of a guilty conscience. Someone, who volunteers at schools or other places where chidren are present, does so because of guilty conscience. What makes them have a guilty concience? Hard to say, but if we all look to the past, and perhaps that person's immediate family, maybe we will see not only a motive, but everything will start to make sense. This person may have experienced something so awful as a young child that he/she feels they have to rectify the situation, do penance so to speak. (Not necessarily something they did themselves, but perhaps something they witnessed and have kept secret.) History repeats itself, it's a fact. Is it possible that this person has been trying so hard to be on the good side, because they know if they do not, they will fall to the dark side? So, could the profilfe of the perp be someone who is trying to rectify the past, but in doing so, things went wrong, and found themselves in the same exact place they had always feared they would be? Who would fit such scenario?

(I know this out there, but in looking for answers for Kyron, at this point, all options should be considered.)

I'm not sure what you are tying to say, but I will note that Terri Horman volunteered at the school. A lot. Do you think she was doing penance for some unnamed sin or urge to sin?

I'm not sure what you are tying to say, but I will note that Terri Horman volunteered at the school. A lot. Do you think she was doing penance for some unnamed sin or urge to sin?

The thread is "theories", Gwen, I just posted a theory. Time to post theories without names, IMO, and see who we can come up with who fits the bill. There may be many who fit a particular theory, or maybe we can only come up with one or two who do. Just a theory, that's all. Come up with your own conclusions, or NEW theories, the old ones don't seem to be making much headway in finding Kyron and that's what this is all about, finding Kyron. This just happens to be one of my new theories in this case. (I've actually had several.) Open mind and all that. JMO

Hi There, I think what was done to Kyron stems from something much deeper than someone witnessing or keeping something secret. Whatever it was, they had no control over it {physically or mentally IMO} and it changed this person into one who would always have to be in control. And if something was put in their way that would keep them from living the way they wanted, they would have to get rid of that threat.

I think Kyron posed a threat to someone. He knew too much, had seen something, had been tortured mentally by this person, made to feel afraid to even come out of his room too early in the morning!!! If he spilled the beans it well could have meant her neat little set-up would change. Marriage would end, no more 'nifty neat' living in the outskirts of town, play dates during the day when he was at work would end and she was so spoiled she vowed to herself she would not ever let it go. That meant HE had to go, like her son, away from their daily living scenario. But it was more intense than that as he wasn't her son. And he was tied tight to his real father, her hubby. He had to go away permanently, forever, and then she would have her perfect lifestyle all set up.

Her being silent for a whole year now tells me she was maybe more involved than we originally thought and even did the disposal of him herself IMO.

It is either that or something so off the wall we would faint dead away to even hear it. As though it would be the very last thing we would expect to have happened. I don't even want to mention what the possibility could be. IMO

BBM - Does it have to be a "SHE"? The opposite sex has also been known to live alternative lifestyles, and/or be a little vicious themselves.

My opinion only

BBM - Does it have to be a "SHE"? The opposite sex has also been known to live alternative lifestyles, and/or be a little vicious themselves.

My opinion only

A little vicious is an understatement at that.

I hardly read about Kyron's case anymore as it is just a hot mess. All we know is that someone nabbed Kyron. The entire family has "issues" of every flavor, so I am not going down the tunnel with only one vision.

Actually, I take it back. We don't even know Kyron was nabbed. He could have wondered off into a field and got stung by a bee, just has not been found.

This case is just a really sad mess.

A little vicious is an understatement at that.

I hardly read about Kyron's case anymore as it is just a hot mess. All we know is that someone nabbed Kyron. The entire family has "issues" of every flavor, so I am not going down the tunnel with only one vision.

Actually, I take it back. We don't even know Kyron was nabbed. He could have wondered off into a field and got stung by a bee, just has not been found.

This case is just a really sad mess.

I totally agree. With what we know, people certainly look bad, but there's no real evidence what happened to Kyron - just a lot of mudslinging. LE may very well know more, or they may not, considering that this case still hasn't gained any traction. I'll be sitting up here on my fence until we hear some real evidence about what actually happened to Kyron, rather than the character of the major players.

Really seems to me like LE has what they think is very damning info about Terri's motivation but are still very much in the dark about the actual circumstances of whatever she may have done to/with Kyron.

Obviously the possible MFH plot and Desiree's comments about Terri hating Kyron, based on communications by Terri that LE has uncovered, speak to that. I think I can say with confidence that LE sees in Terri many of the ingredients necessary for her to carry something like this out. This may include a history of her behavior, the research into the fire tells us they have been looking at her past.

But, as I've said before, I think the search locations tell a different story about LE's clarity about the events of June 4th. The searches on Sauvie Island appear to be too far away from the Fred Meier/health club to fit with the timeline. So I think this probably means they are working under a possible accomplice scenario (DeDe?).

They also searched last winter on the mainland, across from the island. This makes me wonder just how accurate the cell phone ping data is, I know it can be very tricky to pin it down in rural areas.

There was also the press conference asking for the public's help about the truck's location at the school and the cloud around DeDe. There seemed to be uncertainty about DeDe's whereabouts at the farm where she was working that day. And LE canvassing the general area around the farm asking residents if they had seen Terri, DeDe or the truck makes me think DeDe's involvement is unclear to them.

All I can go on is what we've seen from LE, which is that Terri is the focus of the investigation, and Terri's own handling of the divorce, which seems very suspicious. My theory is that if she were innocent, then she would not be dealing with the divorce this way.

All I can go on is what we've seen from LE, which is that Terri is the focus of the investigation, and Terri's own handling of the divorce, which seems very suspicious. My theory is that if she were innocent, then she would not be dealing with the divorce this way.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

Her behavior is, I strongly believe, at the advice of her attorneys. I work for a criminal defense firm, and I've seen advice not to speak or challenge certain things in civil/domestic court because of the criminal implications it can have. We represented a woman who was alleged to have hit her child. There was a domestic issue, a civil protection order, and a criminal investigation. She was unable to assert some of her familial rights and see her child for over a year, while the investigation was ongoing. The charges were eventually dropped, as it was unsubstantiated, and she is now working things out in family court. However, until she was able to work things out in the criminal arena, she was stuck in the domestic situation. That case in particular is why I'm wary of judging TH for following her attorney's advice.

Respectfully snipped and bolded by me.

Her behavior is, I strongly believe, at the advice of her attorneys. I work for a criminal defense firm, and I've seen advice not to speak or challenge certain things in civil/domestic court because of the criminal implications it can have. We represented a woman who was alleged to have hit her child. There was a domestic issue, a civil protection order, and a criminal investigation. She was unable to assert some of her familial rights and see her child for over a year, while the investigation was ongoing. The charges were eventually dropped, as it was unsubstantiated, and she is now working things out in family court. However, until she was able to work things out in the criminal arena, she was stuck in the domestic situation. That case in particular is why I'm wary of judging TH for following her attorney's advice.
Thanks for the post. My suspicion has been based on the posts of gitana, a family law attorney in California who is a Websleuths member. Gitana believes that Terri's legal strategy very much points toward guilt, based on gitana's experience with people who have both pending criminal and civil domestic issues. It's interesting to hear another view.

Thanks for the post. My suspicion has been based on the posts of gitana, a family law attorney in California who is a Websleuths member. Gitana believes that Terri's legal strategy very much points toward guilt, based on gitana's experience with people who have both pending criminal and civil domestic issues. It's interesting to hear another view.

I agree with you and with Gitana. Most family law attorneys would advise Terry to fight for her child if she were innocent. The reason being is the longer a child is in a certain situation, the more it becomes the norm. A judge is very hesitant to change a child's situation when it looks like they are happy and thriving. She's well on her way to losing most, if not all rights where it comes to this child, imo.

I've had opinions about Kyron's disappearance and those opinions have gone every which way but loose. Initially I was certain Kyron was taken by a stranger after his st dropped him off that day. A few months later I felt that his stepmother kidapped him and gave him to somebody. Next I decided the SM did more than hand him off to someone. I'm more startled now by the fact that Kryon has never been found. This shouldn't be an unsolveable case.

I've had opinions about Kyron's disappearance and those opinions have gone every which way but loose. Initially I was certain Kyron was taken by a stranger after his st dropped him off that day. A few months later I felt that his stepmother kidapped him and gave him to somebody. Next I decided the SM did more than hand him off to someone. I'm more startled now by the fact that Kryon has never been found. This shouldn't be an unsolveable case.

Have faith! I KNOW IT IS NOT UNSOLVABLE!!! Someone knows something! We just need to keep the wonderful boy's name & situation in the news !! Kyron will be found . He may not be alive, but we are Websleuths !! We solve things !! His loving Mother & Father will not forget him. Together with LE & Investigators ,Little hands searching for facts , we WILL solve this case!!:great:

Right now, at least she is not in prison. Keeping quiet may be the only chance she has at ever getting access to her child, guilty or not.

I don't not understand this comment at all
IF she is guilty then keeping quiet deprives Kyrons parents of knowing what happened to their son . Keeping quiet deprives his parents of having his body and a funeral where everyone can mourn
Keeoing quiet deprives the whole country that has worried about this little boy
Keeping quiet IF she is guilty deprives Kyron of JUSTICE
IF she killed Kyron she should never be near another child and has no right to her daughter as she is dangerous .

I fear he will never be found .
Someone needs to step up and tell the truth .
I am so so SO tired of these liars that hurt children and then walk away and suddenly clam up .
I think Terri showed how dangerous she was when she was trying to get her husband bumped off instead of simply divorcing him . It shows how far she would go and that murder WAS ON HER MIND .

TMH seems like a keen manipulator, in a Pontious Pilot kind of way. I believe she opened the door to what happened to Kyron, never having the kahoonas to do the deed herself. Were she a clever woman of action, she could have disposed of Kaine on her own, but alledgedly hired someone else. Distance from the deed. Her history seems to reflect she prefers to be seen as the victim, or the hero. No middle ground there. Scary.

Just MHO but I believe LE is at a stand still on Kyron's disappearence, but step one signs point to TMH. She is incapable of taking responsibility for anything Kyron. I do not believe she would ever utter a word because in her mind she is not now, nor has ever been responsible for Kyron missing or not. Her ability to dismiss her baby as well makes me shiver.

My dream is for Kyron to be returned to those who love him. This has been far too long and for 14 months the only thing that remains the same is the desire to bring Kyron home. Who ever/what ever darkness caused this, may you be blinded by the Light.

I don't not understand this comment at all
IF she is guilty then keeping quiet deprives Kyrons parents of knowing what happened to their son . Keeping quiet deprives his parents of having his body and a funeral where everyone can mourn
Keeoing quiet deprives the whole country that has worried about this little boy
Keeping quiet IF she is guilty deprives Kyron of JUSTICE
IF she killed Kyron she should never be near another child and has no right to her daughter as she is dangerous .

This is what keeps me on the fence.

Look at it this way:

IF she is not guilty...
  1. she spoke to investigators at length - they decided they didn't believe her
  2. she took 2 LDTs. They were either inconclusive or showed she was deceptive. We have no idea which or about what questions she might have lied.
  3. she followed Kaine's advice at first not to speak to the media

If she is not guilty, she KNOWS she is not lying, that the LDTs are wrong or inconclusive, she KNOWS that the investigators are looking in the wrong place, she KNOWS that Kaine's advice was the wrong tack. It hasn't done her a bit of good to do any of these things; in fact, her life is completely upside down and miserable.

If she is not guilty, what else could she do but seek the advice of a lawyer and ask what she should do next to get her daughter back and convince everyone to stop wasting time looking at her and to find Kyron?

If she is not guilty and the lawyer told her that she needed to follow his instructions EXACTLY if she ever wanted to spend time with Baby K again, that she needed to stay quiet and out of sight because talking was not helping. She told all she knew and it didn't get anyone anywhere.

If she is not guilty, I would imagine that she is fighting through every day, praying for a tip or a lead or a hiker to stumble over evidence. She wants nothing more than for Kyron to be found and for the mystery to be solved so she can wake up from this nightmare.

If she is not guilty, she's probably terrified about never seeing her daughter again, watching the clock tick, knowing that her baby girl is going to remember her and love her less and less with every minute, and that she, Terri, is absolutely helpless to stop it.

If she is not guilty and she goes forward with the divorce and the custody hearing, she will lose. She will lose for sure, and will have a judgment that is even harder to have overturned than just postponing it. It will be a presumptive finding of guilt in the eyes of her family and the public, and she will have to face the rest of her life in this limbo.

If she is not guilty, she has to be in the worst kind of hell. Everyone who says she should just talk and get it over with assumes she did this, but what if she didn't? What if she has told them over and over all she knows and they still don't believe her?

If she is guilty, she is smart for staying quiet. They obviously don't have enough evidence to arrest her, much less for a guilty verdict. I mean, if Casey can't get convicted on child neglect charges, then I don't think Terri could even get indicted.

If she is not guilty, though, she is trying desperately to follow the advice of a highly respected lawyer, clinging to the thin thread of hope. If she is not guilty, she has my deepest sympathy. I wouldn't be in her shoes for the world.

IF Terri is innocent in all ways concerning Kyron's disppearance and he is never found...then it will be an unimaginable life for her. She will always be presumed guilty and monster, as she is seen now by most.

I honestly don't see much happening in this case legally if he is not found...and even then, depending upon where he is located, they may not be able to make any connection with TH to the place he is found...

I wonder if Kyron even was at the school that day
If TH just showed up and walked around a bit to make it look like they were there and then left .
I guess I do feel she was involved in his disappearance . I have never tried to make a hit on my husband no matter how upset I was with him .
The fact that she did that really bothers me . It shows me she isn't a nice person at all .
Everyone has bad thoughts but most don't act on them - she did and trying to find someone to actually kill her hub instead of divorcing him . It scares me that she crossed that line .

I wonder if Kyron even was at the school that day
If TH just showed up and walked around a bit to make it look like they were there and then left .
I guess I do feel she was involved in his disappearance . I have never tried to make a hit on my husband no matter how upset I was with him .
The fact that she did that really bothers me . It shows me she isn't a nice person at all .
Everyone has bad thoughts but most don't act on them - she did and trying to find someone to actually kill her hub instead of divorcing him . It scares me that she crossed that line .

Where is the proof of the attempted hit on her husband, anyway? It has not been mentioned by LE in over a year...I don't think it should be considered a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member