Theory #4: All Other Theories

rideforfun said:
Hi. The horseworld is connected by the types of horses and riding one does. I'm big time into horses and have pretty good contacts in the sport horse world, dressage, jumping and eventing and also know some top people in the western world.

If I can offer any assistance of trying to locate someone who knows the ranch owner personally I would be happy to give it a try.

Gayle
Thanks for your offer. I would note that the farm did have an active horse barn on it in the 80's. My sister in law is still very active in the riding community in Half Moon Bay and the eventing world. My neices and she actually ride at a barn that is close to the farm at another barn now. She used to ride at the barn that has been quoted in this string that was on the property where we lived. Since our celebrity purchased the property (640 acres) no one is allowed on the property however. She is a recluse and has a guard posted at the gate that is very gruff. He will not allow anyone through and won't even answer any questions of any kind. The property is closed to anyone but our singing celebrity and her immediate associates.

I have heard antedotal stories that this "celebrity" is so stand-offish that when greeted by other horse-riders on the trail, she just ignores them and rides on. Because of this, I doubt that we would have access even through acquaintances.

The funny thing is, she is far from being a "star" - she had a couple of minor hits in the 1980's and seems to think that she is Elvis or Michael Jackson when it comes to a need for seclusion. In contrast, Neil Young (an infinitely bigger "star") lives in the same general area and freely interacts with the locals with no trouble or harrassment.

Okay, I have to ask. Who is the reclusive celeb that we're talking about? I can admit it-- I'm nosy and curious and I want to know. Can someone divulge the name? Unless of course there's some compelling reason not to disclose her name.

Wow - when you said she sung about social issues you weren't kidding. I wouldn't have guessed she'd be that way.

Jessiebell said:
Wow - when you said she sung about social issues you weren't kidding. I wouldn't have guessed she'd be that way.
Sometimes its easier to be concerned about "humanity" than it is to be concerned with individual humans.

A little note here...Many 'celebritites' do not want their privacy and home revealed to the public, or in a public way because they are followed, worshipped or otherwise stalked by a person that scares or threatens them.( I have 2 friends who are celebrities, and the stories are frightening, what they endure)

I know I would be afraid if that was my situation.(this is purely speculative on my part) The other thing is that she may be well aware of the past history of the place, and feel that she would not like to open any 'karmic' doors of the land she lives on...there could be alot about it all that we cannot imagine she might be thinking of in this situation. Who knows? I would want to help, but people have many reasons for their choices...There might be a time and place she will be more receptive to Annasmom, if the situation should arise, at least, I believe that in my heart.

It is entirely possible that she has had negative experiences and that leads her to be recluesive. Let's pray that should we ever have a serious need to check something out on her property we could find a way to work with her.

I am not aware of her at all in the horse world so perhaps she is a person who just loves animals and her horse experiences are part of that passion. I saw she was going to study to be a vet when she started college.

It seems we have good avenues to explore without her involvement at this point. If we ever really need her I'm confident we could find an avenue through personal connections of some sort.

I wish her well. Thanks to all for clarfication.

Gayle

Annasbro said:
The song says her friend has a "Fast Car"
Tracy C? (are we not supposed to say her name? I will edit my post if so). I love her music and have most of her cd's. Disappointed.
Her music sounds just the opposite.

rideforfun said:
It is entirely possible that she has had negative experiences and that leads her to be recluesive. Let's pray that should we ever have a serious need to check something out on her property we could find a way to work with her.I am not aware of her at all in the horse world so perhaps she is a person who just loves animals and her horse experiences are part of that passion. I saw she was going to study to be a vet when she started college.
It seems we have good avenues to explore without her involvement at this point. If we ever really need her I'm confident we could find an avenue through personal connections of some sort.
Gayle
Rideforfun, did you get my PM?

InterestedNHelping said:
A little note here...Many 'celebritites' do not want their privacy and home revealed to the public, or in a public way because they are followed, worshipped or otherwise stalked by a person that scares or threatens them.( I have 2 friends who are celebrities, and the stories are frightening, what they endure)

I know I would be afraid if that was my situation.(this is purely speculative on my part) The other thing is that she may be well aware of the past history of the place, and feel that she would not like to open any 'karmic' doors of the land she lives on...there could be alot about it all that we cannot imagine she might be thinking of in this situation. Who knows? I would want to help, but people have many reasons for their choices...There might be a time and place she will be more receptive to Annasmom, if the situation should arise, at least, I believe that in my heart.
I completely disagree.

I see absolutely no reason to ignore the letters/contacts from the family of a missing child knowing there is a possibility that you could help. It would be at least humane to acknowledge them, but she does not even respond. It doesn't sound as though she may be receptive in the future if she doesn't even take the time to respond. How long should Annasmom have to wait for her to decide to do the right thing?

I seriously doubt fans are beating down her gates to get to her. She isn't Elvis.

"Karma" may not be very kind to her because of her actions, or rather inactions, regarding Anna.

I would think there would be nothing wrong with allowing a low-key, one-time sweep of the property. That could not possibly harm her. I doubt the paparazzi is hanging out at the farm for photos on a daily basis. I can't even remember the last time I saw a photo of her or heard anything about her.

Yet, as someone else mentioned, Neil Young is still extremely popular and in the limelight with new music on a regular basis. He gives regular interviews and still tours. However, he is deeply involved in the community, especially with The Bridge School for special-needs children. He is also involved with numerous other charities.

I realize everyone is different, but everyone should have a heart for a missing child and her family and try to help if they are able to.

BTW, I am glad someone asked who the "celebrity" is. I was afraid to!

Maybe she acts like that because she is trying to convince herself that she is "someone". You know, if she acts the part then maybe somebody will believe her? She probably just can't accept the fact that nobody really cares about her and who she is. I have no clue who it is even with the first name and initial but then again I am not very good at trivia either.

Some celebrities handle fame and fortune different. I had the pleasure of meeting Garth Brooks and talking to him on almost a daily basis a few years ago. I couldn't believe how down to earth and friendly he was. I expected him to travel in a limo with body guards all around him. Nope, he drove up in his Chevy truck all by himself.

I didn't get a PM. Not sure how it all works. Should I just post my e-mail so you can contact me direct and then remove that post? No issue with that. All advice appreciated.

Gayle

rideforfun said:
I didn't get a PM. Not sure how it all works. Should I just post my e-mail so you can contact me direct and then remove that post? No issue with that. All advice appreciated.

Gayle
When you log in, under the "welcome" at the upper right of the page, you should see where your private messages are.

I have read the PM -- thanks for that hint on where to find it. I'll check there every now and again.

Appreciate the help.

I wasn't sure where to put this..... A few questions:

In the 5-10 minutes Anna was not heard, is it possible she left the yard and would have taken a walk on her own? Had she done so before without her brothers? How far would Annasmom, or Annasfamily estimate she could have walked during that time? And, where there any other properties other than Annas which may have had abandoned wells. Is it possible she may have fallen into something on another property which was not searched?

When the mail deliverers daughter heard the noise sounding like someone was stealing something, where was that heard in relation to Annas house? Was it near access to a trail or road?

The neighbors who moved approximately a week prior to Anna being missing. Is Annas mom still in contact with them? Where they questioned? Annasmom- or brothers, do you recall anyone looking to rent the property? Anyone who showed interest, viewed it a few times and decided not to rent or was declined from renting? Is there any way to contact that Leslie Mickles ( forget the exact name ) to see if he declined any particular renter due to a negative background check?

I wasn't sure where to put this..... A few questions:

In the 5-10 minutes Anna was not heard, is it possible she left the yard and would have taken a walk on her own? Had she done so before without her brothers? How far would Annasmom, or Annasfamily estimate she could have walked during that time? And, where there any other properties other than Annas which may have had abandoned wells. Is it possible she may have fallen into something on another property which was not searched?

When the mail deliverers daughter heard the noise sounding like someone was stealing something, where was that heard in relation to Annas house? Was it near access to a trail or road?

The neighbors who moved approximately a week prior to Anna being missing. Is Annas mom still in contact with them? Where they questioned? Annasmom- or brothers, do you recall anyone looking to rent the property? Anyone who showed interest, viewed it a few times and decided not to rent or was declined from renting? Is there any way to contact that Leslie Mickles ( forget the exact name ) to see if he declined any particular renter due to a negative background check?
Of course anything is possible, but her brothers were not yet home from school and the dog was still in the yard when Anna went missing, so it is unlikely that she took off on her own. There were no houses near enough that she could have fallen into anybody's well, and the possibility of wells has been checked out thoroughly...there weren't any, because people got their water from the creek. The neighbors who moved helped us search and I am still in touch with them. I don't know about possible renters, but Mickels was planning extensive renovations and wanted the rest of us to move. I suppose anyone wanting to rent would have applied at his office or something (not at the farm). I think it is a good idea to try to track down the landlord, but he was not at all a sympathetic person and I am not sure he could or would help us.

Thank you Annasmom. Saturn being in the yard, does make it very unlikely Anna left the yard on her own. It's also very unlikely Mickels would have any records for rent applications so many years ago, however, it might be a good idea to contact him today, and see if he has any recollection of anyone unusual. Perhaps, back then he simply appeared unsympathetic as his dealings with the property were strictly on a business level. Now that he is no longer has business with the property perhaps he can be of some help. Maybe even knowing the names of the person who head the motorcycle club, or the horse club. I've always thought if we could get the name of whoever ran the motorcycle or horse club, perhaps they might recall something.

It's worth a shot.

Of course anything is possible, but her brothers were not yet home from school and the dog was still in the yard when Anna went missing, so it is unlikely that she took off on her own. There were no houses near enough that she could have fallen into anybody's well, and the possibility of wells has been checked out thoroughly...there weren't any, because people got their water from the creek. The neighbors who moved helped us search and I am still in touch with them. I don't know about possible renters, but Mickels was planning extensive renovations and wanted the rest of us to move. I suppose anyone wanting to rent would have applied at his office or something (not at the farm). I think it is a good idea to try to track down the landlord, but he was not at all a sympathetic person and I am not sure he could or would help us.

Cubby I agree, it's worth a shot trying to get in touch with Mickels.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back