Theory #4: All Other Theories

Why would you discount Nonda's account just because he didn't give it until after someone else became involved in the search? Perhaps there are various reasons for that.

Iirc, the information was relayed more than 30 years after Anna disappeared. If there are other reasons those need to come from Nonda. I can't say why he waited.

Iirc, the information was relayed more than 30 years after Anna disappeared. If there are other reasons those need to come from Nonda. I can't say why he waited.

Nonda has stated that he mentioned it early on and that those he told had forgotten or didn't recall that he had.

Here is the article from 2006 which mentions Nonda's memory..

Three decades later, family still searches for Anna

There are some particular details that might be too specific 33 years later. There is no mention of it in the FOIA file Anna's mom received from the Sheriff about Anna's case.

A memory 33 years old can easily be mistaken.

I'm not accusing anyone of being dishonest, but I wonder if a softer gentler suggestion about what happened might have been made in attempt to lessen a life shattering event.

Especially if it was made to dismiss anything unusual about the neighbor boys behavior with regards to Anna's disappearance.

I find it very hard to believe this boy flew under the radar for so long, with seemingly no suspicion.

Since it is a violation of TOS to contact members of a missing persons family, I am hoping someone will ask Anna's younger brother Ed to visit us and answer some questions about the neighbor boy.

I believe the neighbor boy and Ed are the same age and I would like to ask if Ed knows if this boy attended school the day Anna disappeared.

I'll reserve the remainder of my questions for Ed, should he decide to join us.

Additional information to support this theory.

Day of Anna's disappearance neighbor to the east was feeding her horses and heard a rustling sound like someone was stealing something in an area where there were no animals.

Day following Anna's disappearance, January 17, bloodhound tracked along creek in the same east direction the neighbor reported hearing something.

Source: Searching for Anna book written by Annasmom.

A little more about the neighbor boy who I believe is responsible for Anna's disappearance.

He is a former piano student of Anna's mom. His family had political connections at the time of Anna's disappearance and I believe they called in a favor to have this case buried. A favor made not directly to the sheriff's office, but to another unknown political figure who acted as a middle person giving the directive to the Mateo County Sheriffs Office. Hence the abrupt stop to the investigation uncovered when Annasmom obtained Anna's case file through the FOIA.

And how convenient of a cover to use the drowning theory as a means to leave the case unsolved.

The perp may have been lucky all these years, but he has to be lucky everyday. Law enforcement only needs to be lucky one day.

One day Anna will get the justice she deserves.

I vaguely know the person mentioned in this tip and he did give off some creepy vibes. I spoke with his ex-wife and she said that she thought it unlikely that he was involved but also said some curious things about his behavior as an adult that piqued my interest. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to determine any viable follow up plans to verify the tipster's concerns.

At this point there really isn't much we as civilians can do with this tip.

LE should be following up with the living victim(s) and moving forward. That's not something we can do.

I am 100 percent convinced this person is responsible for Anna's disappearance and probable murder. And that his mother had it covered up by requesting favor from her political connections.

Something else that has been nagging the back of my mind is the other kindergartener who died of an accident shortly after Anna disappeared. I seem to recall reading about a little girl who was found close to home face down in a puddle. I can't help but wonder if she was a victim of this boy and the accident was staged.

Cubby what little girl? I’ve never heard of another child dying around this time and I grew up about two miles where Anna disappeared? Where missing children in 1970’s not considered a big deal?

Cubby what little girl? I’ve never heard of another child dying around this time and I grew up about two miles where Anna disappeared? Where missing children in 1970’s not considered a big deal?

Anna's mom mentioned another little girl who, iirc, was in Anna's kindergarten class who died in what was described as a freak accident-near her home and face down in a puddle of water. She wasn't missing. Just found deceased on her way home from??

I don't recall if I read it here at WS, or in the SFA book.

I'll look for the info as I have time. Gotta get back to work.

I have read Anna’s moms book a few times and don’t recall this child dying and didn’t hear about her death at the time, Remember I grew up maybe a mile or two from Anna’s home and didn’t know of her case until I read the moms book. I saw her book advertised on a Zodiac Killer web page. At the time I thought the child must have disappeared from town and in the 1980’s because a lot of people moved to Half Moon Bay after two golf courses were built there. The wealthy moved in and the Portuguese immigrants (Portugal was throwing out their fascist government at the time, and was in the midst of a revolution) were displaced. I was shocked when I read where Anna disappeared from and the year (1973) and her age. She was not much younger than my sister and I and we must have rode the bus in the afternoon with her brothers. We would have been on the bus with her in the morning but our father dropped us by school on his way to work.

I don’t recall reading about the little girl who drowned either nor hearing about. I did a quick Google search on the Half Moon Bay newspaper it nothing came up.

The other child may have been mentioned in an area of the book where Annasmom wrote about receiving a note from this child's mother or sending a note to this child's mother about this other families loss.

SOURCE: SFA top of page 99.

Santa Cruz, California, Dec. 6, 1973

Michelle and Anna were both in (Ruth's) class. Thank you so much for your letter <snip> ....
She was on her way home in sight of the house.

(Parents of Anna's kindergarten classmate who was found dead.)

Geez that is strange, I remember in 2nd grade the boy that sat next to me along with his seven siblings died in a fire, while their parents were at church. That would have been in 1972. A lot of dead kids in those years. This little girl drowned? What were the circumstances was it in town or one of the canyons?

Cubby I have to disagree with you on a being parent involved. I knew both parents and the stepmother and I cannot believe they were involved in covering the murder up. The mother was a very kind substitute teacher and the father was a psychiatrist or psychologist. These people were the kind of people you want to have as neighbors. Hard working with good hearts. I do think the mother figured it all out after they realized her oldest son molesting/raping her younger daughter. This was a family that lived in Half Moon Bay for generations and they just up and move to Enterprise, Oregon in 1979 for a change of scenery? I do not believe it. Enterprise is in the middle of no where and not even on most maps. It would be a great place to avoid trouble. Maybe she believed the police were looking at her son and family for Anna’s disappearance. I think this was not made a big deal of because everyone wanted to believe Anna drowned. Anna’s mom believes she was abducted and raised as someone’s daughter. I wish it is/was so, truly I want to be wrong. I thought through talking to parents that they would want to know what happened to their child if the child went missing. I’m afraid Anna’s mom might want to believe Anna is alive for the rest of her life. I hope I have not made a mistake coming forward. I came forward for Anna’s mom because I believed she should know the truth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back