There was a body found in the desert area where JP was the night of her disappearance

Nancy Grace teasing the Susan Powell story as her show begins on HLN.

Yep, and no mention of the pair of jeans, even when a caller ask if she had info on what SP was wearing that night. Granted it could still be female, but just saying. They also said that upper body bones were found scattered there.

Nancy Grace teasing the Susan Powell story as her show begins on HLN.

Of COURSE she is, the same way the examiner.com "reporter" posted this headline: "Speculation body found in Utah's Tooele County is missing woman ...‎"

If you put the word "speculation" in front of it, I guess you can get hope people ignore that word?
Speculation isn't news.
I didn't read the "report", either ;)

Who else is missing in the area?
IIRC a Stephen ??? was suppose to be missing and at 1 time
someone thought Susan and he were together??? IIRC

They disappeared a week and 350 miles apart.

The "someone who thought" is named Josh and Steven Powell.
Next, they'll float alien abductions to the third moon of Saturn.

Wasn't that Susan's father on NG? If he has not been told this is not Susan as yet, maybe they really are not sure?

Just wish there was a way to see the police cuff him and shove him into the back of that police cruiser!!

:welcome:Teri:greetings:

I'm right with you on that.

Wasn't that Susan's father on NG? If he has not been told this is not Susan as yet, maybe they really are not sure?

Maybe it was pre-taped?
I can't listen to her; she's like fingernails on the blackboard of my brain.

Does anyone think it possible they are downplaying this possibly being Susan in order to get their ducks in a row to arrest Josh? To keep him calm so he doesn't flee? Any possiblity? Gah! Only in Utah does "mens jeans = must be a man"!

Bolded and underlined by me

I sooo hope this is the case! Wishing and praying! Susan needs justice!

Maybe it was pre-taped?
I can't listen to her; she's like fingernails on the blackboard of my brain.

Not sure...thought it said "live" but I never trust that show to be "live", they are usually so far behind the news.

Maybe Josh told her that they were going camping, so she put his pants on to stay warmer...just a thought...

I was thinking right along the same line as you on this. I hope that ends up being the case. I wish Susan were alive and well and playing with her boys, but that appears as if it will never again be. If she is gone, I pray that she is found and her loved ones can lay her to rest.

Way late to the thread and would normally just lurk, but I have to agree. After reading this "double speak":

Today the medical examiner's office has given us a couple of anthropologists, hopefully to determine the gender and the age of the body," Park said.

And if the victim is confirmed to be male, it would eliminate the possibility of being missing West Valley mother Susan Powell

While he can't confirm the remains are male, Park said investigators are leaning that way.

To say THAT many times in a short article "we think it is, but can't confirm it is"?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=15569301

That just seems beyond poor journalism and more like bending-over backwards to re-direct attention but with nothing so conclusive that they can't back-track almost immediately.

Just seemed almost like too much legalese/parsing of words....

Most definitely MOO!

Although, if is male, I would lean towards Ryan Jensen, unfortunately. The path from where he was last seen (Erda) to where remains were found seems awfully straight---right down state route 36 for 20 miles? Unfamiliar territory, but Google maps make it looks awfully close and straight.....and he was last seen in jeans....

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Tooele+County,+Erda,+UT&qscrl=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hq=&hnear=0x8752bc0d00093527:0xee70b7b9039351a3,Erda,+UT&gl=us&ei=hsjRTcq5AovUgAe7hMHZCw&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CBsQ8gEwAA

I hate to be so disappointed that a body is not a particular person...but I have to say, I really thought this was Susan and that the case would move quickly thereafter.

I am embarrassed to live in Utah! They made the assumption that it was a male b/c of men's jeans found near site? Dumb, Dumb, Dumb (said like the Mormon south park episode, lol)!

But seriously, Nancy Grace's "experts" tonight made it sound like the skull was that of a woman. So what gives?

I hate to be so disappointed that a body is not a particular person...but I have to say, I really thought this was Susan and that the case would move quickly thereafter.

I feel the same way cluciano. When we follow missing persons cases, it's normal imo to want that missing person found...particularly if we've followed a particular case for a long time.

FYIW,
I found Susan's disappearance to be disturbing because IMOO her husband used her children for an alibi.

I pray that whoever this is, their family has a bit of relief and closure knowing they're found. moo
PRayers for all missing and their families.

I am embarrassed to live in Utah! They made the assumption that it was a male b/c of men's jeans found near site? Dumb, Dumb, Dumb (said like the Mormon south park episode, lol)!

But seriously, Nancy Grace's "experts" tonight made it sound like the skull was that of a woman. So what gives?

What? A skull? I missed that. Last I heard, they only found the bottom half of the torso and some scattered bones. They found the skull?

Also, I think it would take longer to confirm gender when using a skull. I know it can be done, but I am suspicious of whether it could be done within a couple hours. Hmmmm.

I think NG made it sound like a skull was found...I think she was asking IF they could tell from a skull...but don't quote me on it, as I like to accurate in what I say :)

I think you are right. I can't be for certain because I was doing several things at once. Ugh. I feel like such a hypocrite because I hate that the media sensationalizes yet I tune in every day.

All I heard on NG about a skull was how to tell a female skull from a male one. A female skull has a knob on the bottom of the chin. NG did not say a skull was found, she said it would have been easier to tell male from female if one had been.

Local news is covering this now (as their 5pm story). Says it "does not appear to be female, and does not appear to be Susan". (Once again, because of the jeans..)

The guest that was over at SP/JP's the last evening she was seen stated she had on black pants. Of course, she could have changed after the woman left at around 5:30 pm.

ETA: Now they are saying a belt was with the jeans and the apparel was still on the body.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-body-found-body-found-in-tooele-county-20110515,0,6551425.story

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back