THIS article says what I believe about the motive for the murder and who the perp was

LEOs who were assigned to the Fernie house as "eyes and ears" that first night noted that PR and her sisters were reading bible verses and praying pentecostal style (no offense intended). the bible verses were those regarding forgiveness but I wonder ... why not verses regarding loss, grief and lamentation? (not implying that PR told her sisters what really happened.) this was within the first 12 hours after the discovery. I think PR was directing the flow of forgiveness toward the killer in the guise of letting go of negative emotion, because a lack of forgiveness can be a self-injuring poison. I'm all for letting go of that somewhere along the line but not that soon! while the others were concentrating their energy on an "unknown" killer, PR knew that the forgiveness sought was for her

also, JAR, when asked, said the killer should be forgiven (and that was relatively early IIRC.) they are just the forgiving-est bunch I've ever seen
]
And JR also said during CNN (?) interview, "I'm not angry."

Just bumping this thread up, was reading through it and found it interesting regarding religion being involved.

Pageant parents put their children though crazy hell. It's also wrong to sexualize a toddler/child. But lets not forget that crazy, obsessive parents exist everywhere: football, karate, swimming, gymnastics, music, acting, etc....

The intent isn't just for the parents to relive their past successes. The parents also want their children to do something they loved. This may be an activity where the parents made friends and learned valuable lessons. They may have a lot of reasons to push their children into these activities and it's not just for one reason but ALL those reasons.

I believe that PR also wanted to groom her daughter for success. I'm guessing that she fantasized that JBR would win beauty contests, meet a very rich and educated man, and live an upperclass fantasy lifestyle better than the (odd) one she was living.

I've also just seen a lot of talk about how sinister PR was with JBR as her project. Don't get me wrong. I don't have a very high opinion of her myself. But I think that these threads tend to go overboard to paint her as a monster so it's easier to believe she committed the murder.

There are strong arguments to believe PDI. For this thread, religion doesn't fit in my mind as strongly as rage. PR arguing with her daughter, the arguments getting worse over time, JBR imposing more of that stubborn character, and PR finally lashing out. It's horrible, but then you start to panic over what you've done, how it's going to look to everyone, and you do things that get further and further away from calling an ambulance and finally lead to hiding the body in the basement. I could write that story in my sleep by now and lock a panicky motive into it with ease.

Thanks for the religion theory. I really don't understand southern religion and probably never will, but it's worth trying to understand.

And as everyone says, these are only my opinions. I guess that's a legal thang.

I've always thought that either Patsy accidently killed JB in a rage or BR accidently killed his sister. But I also believe that Patsy knew JB was being molested, and that if the accident was reported and the sexual molestation was found, then the family would be outed and disgraced.
I am southern and religious, and I also know that religion is used to explain away their sins. 'I just did it to save my son.' 'It was to preserve the family' 'God knows I wouldn't kill her on purpose'

Southern women, who feel they are 'upscale' and are happy with the life they are living, will go a long way to preserve what they have. John couldn't 'help' molesting her, she was so beautiful. Burke didn't mean to crack her in the head with that big flashlight, etc.
My feeling is that Patsy is guilty of over-dramatizing (?) the cover-up, and trying to preserve what she had. She was a big reader, movie watcher, and bible taught. She pulled parts from all to make up a story. My guess that everybody in the close family(mother, sisters) knows exactly what happened and helped her to pray away any guilt involved. And no, she wouldn't confess on the death bed, she would save that for when she stands before God.
All MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back