This is why you don't steal cell phones

I love it!!! Somebody should lock up this trashy group. :crazy:

I offered him my server if he needs a new one. Ours is really strong with tons of bandwidth.

Wow,

This story is sure picking up steam, I wonder if we're going to hear about it anywhere like Fox...?

Nope stuff is still there. The links are expanded versions. Just click the link on the page for the update you want to read. I think he did it to make it neater looking. It was running on and on there.

nanandjim said:
I know that he said that he went to the police....It seems to me that he has all of the evidence that he needs to just let the police take it from here. I don't understand why the police aren't already knocking on the thief's door.
With all of the violent crimes and large-scale robberies and carjackings that take place in big cities, metropolitan police officers don't exactly rush out their doors with sirens blaring to investigate non-violent petit larceny cases when the stolen property is only worth about $100. In fact, if it weren't for the media attention, I bet this case would've ended up in the circular file with no police action at all. It's a sad reflection of our society, but unfortunately it's how things work today.

From the article...(The teen's mother, Ms. Gomez) said she had bought the phone for $50 on a subway platform in Queens and had given it to her daughter. "We said he could have it if he gave the money we paid for it," she added...The police arrested Sasha and charged her with possession of stolen property in the fifth degree, a misdemeanor...

"I never in my life thought a phone was going to cause me so many problems," Ms. Gomez said.

What amazes me is the mother still doesn't get it. She has never seen so many problems caused by a phone. The problem is the phone was stolen. You know very well that she didn't buy it from someone on the subway platform. Even if she did, she knew that it was stolen. It is a crime to be in possession of stolen property, isn't it?? I wonder if these people have learned any kind of lesson.

nanandjim said:
From the article...(The teen's mother, Ms. Gomez) said she had bought the phone for $50 on a subway platform in Queens and had given it to her daughter. "We said he could have it if he gave the money we paid for it," she added...The police arrested Sasha and charged her with possession of stolen property in the fifth degree, a misdemeanor...

"I never in my life thought a phone was going to cause me so many problems," Ms. Gomez said.

What amazes me is the mother still doesn't get it. She has never seen so many problems caused by a phone. The problem is the phone was stolen. You know very well that she didn't buy it from someone on the subway platform. Even if she did, she knew that it was stolen. It is a crime to be in possession of stolen property, isn't it?? I wonder if these people have learned any kind of lesson.

It sure is against the law to be in possession of it. If you don't have a receipt for something and buy it on a "platform in a subway station," chances are you're buying stolen property and you should know better.

Mom and daughter may be learning a lesson now!!!!

jttnewguy said:
With all of the violent crimes and large-scale robberies and carjackings that take place in big cities, metropolitan police officers don't exactly rush out their doors with sirens blaring to investigate non-violent petit larceny cases when the stolen property is only worth about $100. In fact, if it weren't for the media attention, I bet this case would've ended up in the circular file with no police action at all. It's a sad reflection of our society, but unfortunately it's how things work today.
That is true. My daughter pointed out the guy who stole her phone to the police. He had pulled off the sticky purple decoration she had on it and there was still sticky stuff on the phone. We had proof positive it was our phone and the police didn't do anything. You really have to be the "squeeky wheel" as my grandmother used to say. The squeeky wheel is the one that gets the grease.

These people clearly aren't all that smart. I've been following this since day 1, and the person who owned the phone offered a reward! They turned down the reward and basically told the girl to bug off, and then they asked for the money? I don't buy it.

Also, according to the conversations that are posted verbatum on the website, they claimed they bought the phone from the cabbie, and not on a subway platform as described by the mother.

All in all, the girl who owns the phone doesn't plan on pressing charges. She just wanted to teach the girl a lesson and get her phone back.

I saw that she wasn't planning on pressing charges, and personally I think that stinks. Their story is still changing and not a 'sorry' in sight, evidently they still haven't learned any lessons. And since they took it all the way to filing a police report, then I think they should prosecute.
Since she is charged with theft, a criminal offense, can they drop the charges now?

mysteriew said:
I saw that she wasn't planning on pressing charges, and personally I think that stinks. Their story is still changing and not a 'sorry' in sight, evidently they still haven't learned any lessons. And since they took it all the way to filing a police report, then I think they should prosecute.
Since she is charged with theft, a criminal offense, can they drop the charges now?
I believe they can drop them, but the city can choose to press charges I think. It's the NYPD though, I doubt they will bother with all the other craziness going on in that city.

Paladin said:
I believe they can drop them, but the city can choose to press charges I think. It's the NYPD though, I doubt they will bother with all the other craziness going on in that city.

Thanks Paladin.
Greybar, I agree they aren't 'sorry'. The only thing they are sorry about is that they got caught.

mysteriew said:
Thanks Paladin.
Greybar, I agree they aren't 'sorry'. The only thing they are sorry about is that they got caught.

It would seem to be up the DA as far as how hard they would prosecute this.Most misdemeanors can be processed by the perp saying he is sorry and feels bad about what happened etc....and then some minor punishment.I hope this goes to a judge and these idiots atleast have a bunch of their time wasted going to court and stuff.

This Evan charactor is another story.I'm pretty pissed at the cable co. the phone co. and that 15 YO that only delivers my paper everyother sunday if it's not raining or snowing.I wonder if I can find the little **** on myspace and humiliate him.

Actually, search the internet and you will find this sort of "humiliation"/ complaint issues out there on just about every company imaginable! AOL, WalMart... just to name a few off the top of my head.

Evan found a way to bring attention to a situation and he managed to get positive results from it. I'm sure he never imagined how it would bloom as big as it did.

I say BRAVO for Evan sticking with it and helping his friend get her stolen item back. The thief deserves far more than the humiliation she suffered and I hope she is charged with a crime.

Jimthecarpetguy said:
It would seem to be up the DA as far as how hard they would prosecute this.Most misdemeanors can be processed by the perp saying he is sorry and feels bad about what happened etc....and then some minor punishment.I hope this goes to a judge and these idiots atleast have a bunch of their time wasted going to court and stuff.

This Evan charactor is another story.I'm pretty pissed at the cable co. the phone co. and that 15 YO that only delivers my paper everyother sunday if it's not raining or snowing.I wonder if I can find the little **** on myspace and humiliate him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back