TH's Reaction To Losing Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have spent 11 years fighting for this and that with my ex and no attorney ever told me to "wait" for anything we filed papers immediately and fought for my daughter......

I'm going to take a few wild guesses here:

1. You did not have a restraining order preventing you from any contact with your child for that child's safety.

2. You had not allegedly tried to hire someone to kill your (ex) husband.

3. You did not have a (step) child missing, allegedly failed two polygraphs, allegedly lied about your whereabouts when you were the last person to see that child.

If you did have that (step) child missing I am guessing that you probably would not be acting as Terri has through the situation. I think most of us can agree on that fact.

Conclusion: You are different than Terri. She has essentially done everything differently than most people would up to this point, why would she suddenly start doing things the way most people would now? :waitasec:

Just those first two things, would be enough to likely prevent her from getting custody or visitation. Add the 3rd if there is any evidence of her involvement and she doesn't have a chance.

Obviously whatever is in that restraining order causes Terri and/or her attorney to know that fighting for visitation or custody would be totally pointless. They have access to that, we don't.

She was ok enough to go to the gym and post on FB, but not ok enough to fight for her daughter......I'm not believing it.

She knows what is in the RO. It is possible that her lawyer advised her to wait until the hearing to do anything to contest the RO, or that he advised her not to contest the RO at all.

Maybe she was afraid that landscaper info would be made public, or otherwise made the decision to wait until the scheduled hearing on her own.

Can/would Houze file any papers regarding the divorce and RO?

If he is admitted to practice law in Oregon, he can file any papers he wants -- he is not limited to the practice of criminal law.

Whether he will or not is anybody's guess.

If he is admitted to practice law in Oregon, he can file any papers he wants -- he is not limited to the practice of criminal law.

Whether he will or not is anybody's guess.

All doctors can practice medicine, but would you see your dermatologist for your broken leg? Houze specializes in criminal defense. Most lawyers do not like to venture into legal territory they are not well familiar with.

It could lead to problems for him later if he mucks it up. She really should have a separate divorce lawyer. Right now, I think the divorce is the least of her worries. A baby would only add stress.

All doctors can practice medicine, but would you see your dermatologist for your broken leg? Houze specializes in criminal defense. Most lawyers do not like to venture into legal territory they are not well familiar with.

I didn't say he would or should. I said he CAN. The question asked if he CAN or would. Yes, he CAN.

FWIW, I know plenty of criminal defense attorneys who have handled ROs which are related in some way to a criminal case they are handling. It is not that difficult to look up the law, the rules, to consult other attorneys about it, and to determine the effect upon the criminal case of contesting a RO.

WHAT?! There's evidence of this? Where? **trying to play catch up**

This is a good article but it is not EVIDENCE that she bribed the Gardner/Landscaper into a murder for hire deal.
It does say that LE told her husband and his Ex about this and they all distanced themselves from her.

But it is not proof.......It sounds like they had to disclose what they discovered for safety reasons.

This is a good article but it is not EVIDENCE that she bribed the Gardner/Landscaper into a murder for hire deal.
It does say that LE told her husband and his Ex about this and they all distanced themselves from her.

But it is not proof.......It sounds like they had to disclose what they discovered for safety reasons.

Just imagine the shock and freaking awe when poor Desiree, Tony and Kaine learned about the landscaper story. Talk about an out of body experience, bet they were floored. I feel so bad for them and what they are going through. I hope Kaine is with other family members, or even with Desiree and Tony, with the baby, and not staying in some hotel room somewhere.

By the way, I don't think it looks good that we haven't heard from her or her lawyer about her child being taken from her. My response would have been along the lines of, "There has been a horrible mistake or misunderstanding! I would never hurt any child, and I need to see my daughter now!" I would be on TV or writing letters, or talking to everybody, and have my lawyer release a statement. If I wasn't guilty of anything, why would my lawyer advise me against that?

By the way, I don't think it looks good that we haven't heard from her or her lawyer about her child being taken from her. My response would have been along the lines of, "There has been a horrible mistake or misunderstanding! I would never hurt any child, and I need to see my daughter now!" I would be on TV or writing letters, or talking to everybody, and have my lawyer release a statement. If I wasn't guilty of anything, why would my lawyer advise me against that?

Maybe she's having a hard time finding a family law lawyer and her crim lawyer is unable/unwilling?

I don't like it either. Why is she not saying a darn thing and not fighting for her child? I guess maybe the restraining order could be why, but that seems weak to me. Who sits back after their child has been taken, gets a defense lawyer, and doesn't say a darn word? Who would be okay with waiting until a hearing on the restraining order to see their child? Isn't that almost two weeks away?

This is starting to really go into Casey Anthony territory to me. Either she's having a mental breakdown and it's best the baby isn't around her because she might snap and do something she's going to regret later, or she doesn't care enough to fight for that child, and is too focused on what is happening to her at the moment, and again, her needs trumps everyone else's.

The other thing that makes this weird is that she tried to hire someone to kill Kaine because Kaine hurt her. I'm not sure if she meant physically or just because he had an affair, but if she thought he could harm that child, why on earth is she leaving that child with him?

Things continue to not add up here. It appears she's lying to everyone and like CA, is not getting away with anything. All that needs to happen now is Kyron being found dead or alive. And I won't be surprised if he's dead and not that far from home.

TH, you should read up on CA. Things are NOT going well for her. Don't go down that path, dear God, I hope you haven't. There is still time to make things right if Kyron isn't dead yet. I suggest you do that before you're facing a needle (is the death penalty active in Oregon?)

Yep....DP in Oregon

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capital_punishment_in_Oregon[/ame]

I agree. Most times, when a restraining order is issued (like, in this case) the judge will set a hearing for it a few weeks later (as long as no emergency hearings were filed) at which time things like the whether or not she can see her daughter (because the restraining order protects the child as well, in this case). If Terri really wants her daughter back, wants any kind of visitation, etc. her attorney just needs to file an emergency custody hearing (or, just a regular custody hearing) which I'm imagining they would do at the hearing regarding the restraining order.

So, to make a long/complicated story short..basically, I'd imagine that her attorney is waiting until the restraining order hearing to file a custody motion.

I wonder if her criminal defense attorney will be helping her out with that???:waitasec:

I understand the procedure, I don't understand TH just sitting back and accepting it. No mother I know would just say, "You want my daughter, ok you can have her." It just doesn't make sense. She was ok enough to go to the gym and post on FB, but not ok enough to fight for her daughter......I'm not believing it.

I think for the same reason that in 4 weeks time that this beautiful boy has gone missing not once has she stated, through a friend, media or herself, "I love Kyron so much and every night lay awake wishing I walked him into that classroom, please help find him! I didn't have anything to do with it."

IMO, she isn't saying anything about her daughter being taken away because she'll be da*** if she'll talk to anyone about anything that she doesn't want to. Period.

Because she knows she's screwed.

Ha Ha...this is what I like...straight to the point!!

My thoughts exactly.....

I read that is what a restraining order that included being near firearms as well....

I also dont think that when the other 3 found out about the landscaper that they were the 4 happy parents.......I am sure this news shocked them but I think there is so much more to this than what we are told.....hence the "unique situation" ..."no other kids in danger" etc.......and desiree being uncomfortable with terri at the first press conference......

I bet this lady breaks soon.......she is suppose to be defending herself on sites, has been torn apart about the gym comment, obviously realizes that a huge percentage of the population watching this case suspect her, would have read about the supposed polygrath failures, the cell phone pings and now the landscaper revelation........

I think the taking of her beloved daughter will break her...and may be it was some form of a plan......

The only BIG problem is now she has that lawyer who keep her silent......

Does anyone think TH did all this to Kyron to revenge his father Kaine?

I think the fact she hired a criminal defense attorney not a family law attorney clearly shows how she sees her risks and priorities. I believe she sees her biggest threat right now as being sent to jail, so she's not worrying about divorce\custody issues at present.

I think the fact she hired a criminal defense attorney not a family law attorney clearly shows how she sees her risks and priorities. I believe she sees her biggest threat right now as being sent to jail, so she's not worrying about divorce\custody issues at present.

I am sure her biggest threat is being arrested, that's one of the reasons I think she would be desperate to spend any amount of time with her daughter and until she is found guilty of something she would get AT LEAST supervised visits with her daughter if she fought for them. I find it hard to believe this stay at home mom who has been raising her stepson and taking care of her daughter up until now is just saying, "oh well". Something about this is fishy in my opinion.

If she really tried to hire a hit man to kill her husband, her daughter's father.

If she really lied to investigators about the day her stepson went missing.

If she really is the one they are looking at in her stepson's disappearance.

If they suspect her of harming her stepson, not just kidnapping but a possible homicide.

There is absolutely no way that a judge would give her supervised visits. He would give LE a few weeks which I am sure they would ask for at that point if they haven't already. If they hadn't made an arrest by then or produced hard evidence to the judge, then he would consider supervised visits.

They are not going to let her see her baby if they really believe that she tried to kill her husband and may have killed her stepson and believe they have proof of it. It just isn't going to happen, especially with the whole country watching. It would be playing roulette with a child's life, taking the chance that she could decide to avoid it all with a murder suicide.

Her attorney is big on public image, if he thought she could get her baby back he would have her trying to.

Terri knows what the judge knows, what is in the restraining order and Terri obviously knows that it's not worth fighting.

JMO

I am sure her biggest threat is being arrested, that's one of the reasons I think she would be desperate to spend any amount of time with her daughter and until she is found guilty of something she would get AT LEAST supervised visits with her daughter if she fought for them. I find it hard to believe this stay at home mom who has been raising her stepson and taking care of her daughter up until now is just saying, "oh well". Something about this is fishy in my opinion.

She knew Saturday night that she had all of her children removed from her.

Yet, on Monday she gives the reporter. "Two thumbs up." Everything is great.

I personally think that she may not care that much about the little one either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member