Tim Miller Interview re: Blanchard Search

I went on the search this past weekend with my husband. I met LP and his nephew, I got very good vibes from him. He doesn't seem phony or contrived, he is sincere. Tim Miller is a wonderful man who's working very hard for ungrateful and awful people. He has my respect. This is an emotionally charged situation. Unless you did the search you can't understand what they're up against. Everyone so badly wants her found. It is emotionally and physically grueling (at least for me) it's sad and awful. Nobody should cast stones, nobody should be disparaging anyone. I think if LP wants to look on his dime, let him and don't judge. You don't know whats in his heart.

http://www.wesh.com/video/17947522/index.html

Approx. 2 minutes 30 seconds into interview. Says "searchers in BP have ulterior motives and turning search into a circus".

I sort of agree with Mr. Miller. The tragedy that happened to Caylee has been turned into a circus like atmosphere. No offense to Murt and people watching his stream, but to me, it's sort of outlandish for someone to be riding around filming everything for the internet and now even accepting donations. Then there's the Rev. giving sermons after all his interviews running down the grandparents that Caylee loved. LP is searching but has had so many theories and done so many interviews and now a memorial service as if Caylee were placed right there on that spot. I hope that TES gets a good advisor so they can become and remain totally professional and work only with authorities giving few interviews that remain totally professional.

Bolded by me.
Why do you think TM doesn't know that the A's don't want her found?? I've seen no evidence to back that up. He has to tread lightly around the A's on this, and I think he's doing as good a job as anyone can expect. As for your remark about "drama queen antics", well, I think that's about as off base as can be, and quite RUDE at that. Show me any other person who would go through what he's been through and turn it into something as positive as he has: an organization that is dedicated soley to finding missing people. I see nothing "drama queen" about it. Shame on you for saying that about such an upstanding, caring, humble person. TM is a saint and a hero, no two ways about it.

Then why the stalling to even get started, why the importance of dealing with them at all because they sure as heck aren't interested in the search? Why tread anything with the Anthony's they are irrelevant to the search?

Yes TM is a sensitive man but, too sensitive to work on this case because he couldn't deal with family not wanting to look for the child and tried to handle things from past experience where families want children found. His personal experience with loss has nothing to do with this case..zero.

I see part of the reason he pulled up stakes last time was him trying to get through to Cin and them having words. That is drama queen antics. By the time TES got involved it was already known the Anthony's were stalling and causing problems. Why even deal with them at all?

I found the whole experience poorly organized because as I said there was no cutoff date or even speculated date. My family and I tried to come down there and were given canned responses on questions of doing this. If we would've driven over 8 hours down there we would have been met by nobody as the search was shelved the day after it started.

I realize too that it is a volunteer effort and I'm sure everyone appreciates those whom searched but, from what I've seen of this it is a poorly enacted effort.

i hate to say it but everytime Tim comes to Orlando the only thing he talks about is losing money and wanting to pull out he is kind of a whinner. I think he does amazing work but man that is my read on him .

I actually agree with you. IMHO if money is a big issue for TES then he shouldn't have even come into this search. I'm annoyed simply b/c he keeps coming back and then pulling out. If this was all he was going to do then he should not have agreed to do it. I mean absolutely no disprespect to Tim Miller. I appreciate all that he has done in gathering people to search and doing the searches he's done but COME ON.

TM is worrying too much about Cindy. He needs the public exposure to generate donations. He got a lot of through NG and the media. I'm sure he is disappointed that he didn't find Caylee....he should leave it at that and move on to help families that need him and want him. God speed, Tim.

I don't appreciate at all what Tim Miller said about Leanord Padilla. I read it in a article and I am ticked off about it. Leanord Padilla is half the reason why there were so many people that came to search with TES this weekend. Not to mention Leanord has said nothing but nice things about Tim. He praised Tim so many times on Nancy Grace and then Tim comes out with that. WTFever.

And for anyone who hasnt' seen the video this is part of an article from Channel 9:

Miller also said he's frustrated with bounty hunter Leonard Padilla, who started his own search Monday in an area Miller claims isn't even on sheriff's investigators radar.

"There's no evidence to lead anyone to believe there's a good reason to dive. I would only hope it's not for self promotional reasons and turning this into a circus," Miller said.

I'm just confused about the TES situation all around. I don't understand why TM has to "tread lightly" around the Anthony's. I don't know. I just think that TM pulling out of this search may have more to do with the Anthony's then anything else. I am disappointed because I heard TM say that this would be the biggest search yet and then he pulls out. I don't know, with all due respect to TM, he seems a little wishy washy when it comes to this case. Maybe it is because he has never dealt with a family that didn't want there loved one found. Because they spent a lot of time in Aruba searching for NH and they didn't even have cell phone pings in that case. Also, honestly I don't understand why LE didn't organize a search for Caylee. When Trenton Duckett went missing they organized searches based on his mother's cell phone pings. I just don't understand why it seems that the police really didn't search at all. They had those cell phone pings forever. Why didn't the organize some sort of search based off that?

So TM said they froze TES credit cards because 37,000 had been spent by day one. What was it spent on? heard hotels and airfare were part of it. Food and water were donated, time, equip,etc donated. Didn't he say he was flying 100 "team members" in? at $200 a plane ticket and probably at least $60 a night in hotels, that adds waaaayyy up...how much was spent on THE SEARCH? I understand some travel/hotel expense but where did they stay? That's a lot of bucks!

I hate that the search teams are disagreeing so badly. The A's are behind it - guaranteed - hate to say that but the more they can stir up, the less focus is on finding a body...turn LP and TES against each other, throw MURT in the mix and you have an Anthony party...

PS I love Murt. Met him today. He is a genuine, wonderful guy who is just trying to bring to the public, what is happening live. He doesn't choose sides, he is trying to help others that can't be in FL see live what is going on because the media censors so much out.

This is a horrible comment to make about 2
men who genuinely care about finding Caylee.
Murt KNOWS how LOSS feels. He just buried his wife in 01/08, and a 25 year old son a couple of years ago. ALL that he does is done on his dime,
not for fame, for the purpose of bringing a baby home to be laid to rest.

So, please refrain from Murt and LP bashing.

I totally agree with you. I think that Murt has taken the tragic events of his life and turned them around for good. I think LP knows a whole lot more then what he is saying.

Thank you for standing up for Murt. He's good people in my book.

I would not be surprised to hear that The As are playing TM and LP off one another. Just saying.

Sounds like something Cindy would do. Tim is so sweet, he might even believe some of Cindy's lies.:mad:

I went on the search this past weekend with my husband. I met LP and his nephew, I got very good vibes from him. He doesn't seem phony or contrived, he is sincere. Tim Miller is a wonderful man who's working very hard for ungrateful and awful people. He has my respect. This is an emotionally charged situation. Unless you did the search you can't understand what they're up against. Everyone so badly wants her found. It is emotionally and physically grueling (at least for me) it's sad and awful. Nobody should cast stones, nobody should be disparaging anyone. I think if LP wants to look on his dime, let him and don't judge. You don't know whats in his heart.

Thank you very much Fay for searching over the weekend and posting your thoughts.

You are right Fay. LP and Tony are fine people with a lot of passion and big hearts. People mistake LP being on TV and talking about where Caylee is as someone who is hogging the limelight. Not true. He is very passionate and cares about this case.

Same with Tim. He seems so broken it is heartbreaking.

All are entitled to their opinion of course.

It's all just so sad.

Then why the stalling to even get started, why the importance of dealing with them at all because they sure as heck aren't interested in the search? Why tread anything with the Anthony's they are irrelevant to the search?

Yes TM is a sensitive man but, too sensitive to work on this case because he couldn't deal with family not wanting to look for the child and tried to handle things from past experience where families want children found. His personal experience with loss has nothing to do with this case..zero.

I see part of the reason he pulled up stakes last time was him trying to get through to Cin and them having words. That is drama queen antics. By the time TES got involved it was already known the Anthony's were stalling and causing problems. Why even deal with them at all?

I found the whole experience poorly organized because as I said there was no cutoff date or even speculated date. My family and I tried to come down there and were given canned responses on questions of doing this. If we would've driven over 8 hours down there we would have been met by nobody as the search was shelved the day after it started.

I realize too that it is a volunteer effort and I'm sure everyone appreciates those whom searched but, from what I've seen of this it is a poorly enacted effort.

I agree with you. I know TM has avid fans and followers. I admire the guy and hate the tragedy he has had in his life. But either you are a search and rescue team, or you aren't.

What the Sam Hill does Cindy Anthony have to do with it??? Seriously.

Sounds like something Cindy would do. Tim is so sweet, he might even believe some of Cindy's lies.:mad:

What you are suggesting means that Leonard Padilla would be a confidante of Cindy's. Is that what you mean to say?

It seems like LP could have waited till TES left to start his search. I'm not putting LP down but I don't understand the urgency. I do find the sudden pull out by TES as suspect. After all they knew what the expenses would be prior to returning. I also can't understand what changed as far as the search area conditions in the period between planning the return and Sat. Personally, I kind of think they found something and are waiting for the results.

I agree with you. I know TM has avid fans and followers. I admire the guy and hate the tragedy he has had in his life. But either you are a search and rescue team, or you aren't.

What the Sam Hill does Cindy Anthony have to do with it??? Seriously.

I'm not that familiar with TM or LP, but, come on!!! They're just PEOPLE! They're not Superman or Jesus Christ. They've both done a lot in trying to find Caylee and get to the bottom of what happened, and have kept this whole case in the media way longer than it would have been otherwise.

So what if TM has hangups over the family getting upset? He's just human. He is not a non-biased gov't agency doing their job and going home to sleep at night (no shots at gov't agencies - just saying that this is different). He chooses which cases to get involved in and can choose the pace that he takes with it or whether or not to continue.

I wish everyone would stop being so judgmental towards all of those involved closely with this case.

SS sez: "But either you are a search and rescue team, or you aren't. What the Sam Hill does Cindy Anthony have to do with it??? Seriously.

I agree. TM knew exactly what he was dealing with as far as the A's when he made preparations to come back. He supposedly pulled out last time and the time before that because of their attitude.

I'm sorry, but this is just too flakey. And it's not okay the way people gathered to help, donated tme and money, put their lives on hold -- after he publicized it would go on at least until Tuesday. I am not impressed.

One man sounds like he's practical, methodical and analytical in his approach. The other is impulsive and driven by his intuition and sense of justice. Two different peas. Sharing the same pod. It sounds like TM felt that all "reasonable" locations had been searched and LP really wanted to check out something that he felt strongly about. Neither is right or wrong. Either approach could lead to Caylee.

I do wonder if the Anthonys had a "divide and conquer" plan for TM and LP. LP has been singing TM's praises all over the media.. and now they are at odds? Didnt LP give 50K himself to TES?
I do agree that if NOTHING else.. LP is keeping Caylee in the media.. be it with searches, or memorial services or whatever.. Its just a shame all this external chaos has been thrown into the mix.

Let me start by saying that Tim is a great man. I think Cindy tries to manipulate Tim and everyone she comes into contact with. Tim has a heart greater than mine, because he does feel sorry for her. In turn he lets her control the way he is doing things to some degree. As for LP, this is personal now and he is not gonna back down to Cindy. It enrages her that she can't control what LP is doing, with Tim she has some control.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whimzee
Back