Tim Miller Talks to Websleuths--

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a multitude of reasons, all of them legitimate Tim can't spend 6 mos in FL looking for 1 lost child again. I haven't been to the Haleigh thread since this morning, but at that time it had been 6.5 days.

None of us here are ignorant of the statistics. I know that sounds harsh, I know if it were my child I would feel differently. I know everyone here puts their heart on the line for every child we sleuth. We have to trust Tim and his decisions. I'm sure he makes some hard choices everyday that we wouldn't want to have to make.

There are so many lost people out there who Tim and TES may still be able to help, I support you Tim. I'll be dropping another check in the mail this week..... in Caylee's name. :)

Thanks for taking the time to keep us updated Friday.:blowkiss:

God bless our angel, Caylee, God bless Tim and TES! God bless Haleigh and her family. :prayer: :prayer: :prayer:

Over on the Haleigh Cummings topic, there were some questions about the rightness of Tim's seemingly sudden decision to call off the search for little Haleigh.

I understand how odd, and even unjust, that might seem to some of you because (1) A law enforcement official said he wished TES would stay; and (2) You just plain aren't happy with Tim's vague, standard explanation that TES has other searches to conduct and limited resources that are needed elsewhere (or words to that effect).

Regarding (1): the LE official who said he'd like TES to continue searching was, I believe, from the FBI, however it was the Sheriff's office that was in charge, and the Sheriff himself decided to halt the search.

Regarding (2): When LE requests TES's assistance, TES's function is to lend its support, equipment, manpower, and searching expertise to LE. TES works with and for LE--not the other way around. LE may, and frequently does, put Tim/TES in charge of the actual searches, but if LE decides the search should halt, it halts.

I don't what reasons the Sherrif had to halt the search, you don't know what the reasons were, either. Tim almost certainly does know what the reasons are but, guys, he's not going to discuss any of that with the media. Not now, not ever. No matter how vitally important or how relatively insignificant LE's reasons may be, Tim leaves it to LE to reveal whatever they want to reveal, when and if they choose to reveal it.

For Tim's part, he will only say--truthfully--that TES now has other places where TES is needed and where TES's resources can best be used. It's the truth. It may or may not be all the bits and pieces of the entire truth. But I can tell you this much, lack of financial "resources" had nothing to do with Tim turning down Ronald Cumming's personal plea to continue the search. If TES didn't have the funds, Tim would pull out his personal ATM card, and if he didn't have enough funds, he'd hock the horses before he turned his back on Ronald Cummings or anyone else in that poor man's situation!

Look, guys, you're here because you know already that things are frequently not what they seem. Tim can't be expected to explain all the reasons for what he does or to discuss any of the behind-the-scenes details that might clarify his actions. He won't discuss what he knows about the case or the people involved in it--not even the Anthonys. :)

To him, the only way to insure that nothing he says or does can ever jeopardize LE's pursuit of justice is to...remain silent.

He does what his conscience dictates, and occasionally he draws some fire for that. He's no saint (he even cusses occasionally LOL ) but he's as close to a hero as anyone I've ever met.

Try to be patient and have a little faith that he knows what he's doing. On the other hand, if you feel an urge to criticize him, have at it. I won't mind. Besides, this is your forum, not mine and not his. :blowkiss:

:blowkiss: Thank you Friday. You explained the situation so well. I think the reason LE calls Tim/TES in so often is not only b/c he is an expert at what he does but also b/c he will NOT compromise an investigation by talking about the search or what he knows. It's simple, they TRUST him.

I wish everyone would participate in a search, apparently there does not seem to be a lack of missing people in this World, and it does not even need to be with TES. If you are unable to physically search there are plenty of other things to do. After once, being apart of helping a family desperately searching for a missing family member without knowing who,what,when, where or why things are done, I guarantee you will never criticize any Volunteer organization that is dedicated to their heart's desires.

AMEN, you said it all. Being part of a search, seeing the pain on family member's faces, you are never, ever the same again. ALL of us can do something to help.

Friday,
I can't imagine how hard it is for Tim to "move on", especially with the family begging him to stay. However, they searched. Nothing was found, sadly. It's time for them to move on and help in other places. If more info becomes available, or different areas need to be searched....Tim will be back. As sad as this is, at this point he had no reason to stay. Tim and his "band of Angels are needed in more places than they can be. Sad statement on society...but. I just wish him luck wherever he is.

God bless Tim. I never lost faith- if Tim has to walk away from any search there are good reasons.

It must be hard for Tim to try to do what he does and prioritize where he is most needed and wanted. Any of us that play God and dictate what he should and should not be doing should be ashamed of themselves.

Tim is a like a saint to me but I think we all have to remember he is just one man trying to do the right thing and be of maximum service to his community. God bless him!

I also would like to thank Friday for keeping us in the "reality" of the situation.We tend to get a bit emotional around here and I appreciate the "cool head".

As much as we would all like to know the circumstances of Tes pulling out I am so glad to hear Tim is back on track doing what he does the best! Hearing Fri. state Tm is respectively quiet with the info he has concerning this case made me feel Tim is going to be as silent as a Trappist Monk after the Anthony ordeal, and I don't blame him! How do we thank a man like this and his crew? If words help keep them strong then I say Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!

Hi, Friday! I personally have never had any reason to ever doubt or question anything TM says or does. IMO, I can't see why anyone would. This is a man who dedicates his time, money, and his very life to bringing home the lost, one way or another. He is an angel on earth trying to look after so many. I, for one, will never question, doubt, or wonder about any choice he makes, because I know he makes it from a heart that is as big as an ocean. The kindness the comes from his eyes speaks volumes as to the type of person he is. If the world had more TM's, it would be a much better place.

:blowkiss:

Very well said, chefmom, and I completely agree!!

Friday, thank you so much for your update and insight!

Hugs to you both.

I donated to TES during the Natalie Holloway tragedy and again after Caylee went missing. I really didn't know that much about Tim Miller. However, after seeing how he's handled the media and the Anthony family and then seeing the compassion in his eyes, I know without a doubt TES is a worthwhile organization and will use donations wisely. We rarely see individuals that possess integrity, humilty, compassion, AND determination. It's obvious he's not doing any of this for fortune or fame, and I don't believe I'd ever question him regarding timing of searches, when to pull back, sharing limited information, etc. He's definitely found his calling in life. THANK YOU Tim Miller and all the many volunteers for all you do.

In true Tim Miller fashion he made sure to give time to Ronald and let him know he knew what Ron was going through and then took some time with Jr., this all in addition to working with LE, TES and the volunteers. Tireless. I give everymonth through the web site, kinda like payroll deduction! I can't give a big chunk at one time but my little chunks add up. Please support this group. They would be the first people I would beg LE to call if any child I knew went missing and I bet you would too.

Thanks, Friday, for such a well written post.

I have not agreed with all of Tim's decisions (fwiw), but what IS clear is that the man is constantly on the road, bringing assistance to families with missing loved ones. As you stated, I'm sure he is making impossible decisions that few of us could probably deal with on a daily basis, and he can't please everyone all the time, he can just do his best. And his best is him out there, nonstop (it seems?) away from home, on an unpaid mission to find missing people. I absolutely give the man credit for having his heart in the right place and for willingly carrying such a heavy burden. We don't all have to agree with him, but i do hope everyone can appreciate what he does.

:blowkiss: Thank you Friday. You explained the situation so well. I think the reason LE calls Tim/TES in so often is not only b/c he is an expert at what he does but also b/c he will NOT compromise an investigation by talking about the search or what he knows. It's simple, they TRUST him.

That is exactly right, LeLe, (as you already know being a TES searcher LOL ) When you get right down to basics, being "trustworthy" is one of the greatest virtues imaginable, isn't it. It encompasses so many other virtues, like honesty, integrity, faithfulness, reliability, even selflessness at times.

Just thinking here... How many people in this case with its huge cast of characters do we feel are completely trustworthy? In fact, how many people in our individual lives do we feel are completely trustworthy????

I'll stop there. :) When I start philosophizing, it's a sure sign I need sleep. I'm off for a nap. :blowkiss:

That is exactly right, LeLe, (as you already know being a TES searcher LOL ) When you get right down to basics, being "trustworthy" is one of the greatest virtues imaginable, isn't it. It encompasses so many other virtues, like honesty, integrity, faithfulness, reliability, even selflessness at times.

Just thinking here... How many people in this case with its huge cast of characters do we feel are completely trustworthy? In fact, how many people in our individual lives do we feel are completely trustworthy????

I'll stop there. :) When I start philosophizing, it's a sure sign I need sleep. I'm off for a nap. :blowkiss:

:clap::clap:ITA- Now...go take a nap........................:)

I donated to TES during the Natalie Holloway tragedy and again after Caylee went missing. I really didn't know that much about Tim Miller. However, after seeing how he's handled the media and the Anthony family and then seeing the compassion in his eyes, I know without a doubt TES is a worthwhile organization and will use donations wisely. We rarely see individuals that possess integrity, humilty, compassion, AND determination. It's obvious he's not doing any of this for fortune or fame, and I don't believe I'd ever question him regarding timing of searches, when to pull back, sharing limited information, etc. He's definitely found his calling in life. THANK YOU Tim Miller and all the many volunteers for all you do.

:blowkiss: Beacounter, that is such a nice post about Tim. Very few of the searches Tim & TES have done thru the years involved high profile cases. You are so dead on when you say Tim does not do this for fame or fortune, he does so because he cares.

In true Tim Miller fashion he made sure to give time to Ronald and let him know he knew what Ron was going through and then took some time with Jr., this all in addition to working with LE, TES and the volunteers. Tireless. I give everymonth through the web site, kinda like payroll deduction! I can't give a big chunk at one time but my little chunks add up. Please support this group. They would be the first people I would beg LE to call if any child I knew went missing and I bet you would too.

:) You have that right, TES IS the call I would make right after calling LE. I hope Ronald & his family take comfort in knowing Tim & the volunteers really, really tried. I will keep praying Haleigh & all our missing children are safe, being cared for & will be brought home.

Yesterday, I “outed myself” on another thread here by explaining my connection to TES and Tim Miller, and also my personal commitment to the effort to find little Caylee. Here is the significant part of that post:

I am a member of TES's Board; I'm TES's largest financial contributor; and Tim Miller is a dear friend. I am so committed to finding Caylee that this year I contributed enough to finance more than half the total cost of all our (TES's) searches for Caylee prior to November.

However, my contributions were nothing compared to the WSleuths who donated money they could scarcely afford or who were waiting for their Social Security checks to arrive so they could donate again. God, I was totally humbled by this kind of generosity and willingness to sacrifice. I used to call Tim at night and read him some of those posts. He would get choked up (which I'd never heard happen prior to the Blanchard Park fiasco.)

If you can believe that, then you'll be able to understand how horrible I felt when these same people felt they'd been swindled by TES and only Leonard had come through for them.

I didn’t tell you in that message that Tim has kept up with many of the threads and posts here, including some that were understandably painful for him to read . You would be surprised at how impressed he’s always been with you here—with your dedication to separating fact from fiction, your willingness to commit your time and your considerable talents and to one united goal: Getting at the truth of what happened to Caylee. FWIW, I was with him in October at our Orlando hotel when another TES member handed him a printout of your map and cell phone pings. He wasn’t just impressed, he was also delighted. He showed it to LE and we used it!

Early this morning, shortly before the media got wind of the possible discovery of Caylee’s body, Tim phoned me to tell me the news, along with the fact that (official’s name withheld by me) said they’re sure it’s Caylee. I replied that everyone at WS was going to be beyond excited when they finally heard all that. Tim replied, “Go ahead and tell them. They deserve to be the first to know.”

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get on our darned website in time to break the news to you, or to confirm that no matter what LE says publicly, Tim said to tell you, don’t fret—it is Caylee.”

I just spoke to him again this afternoon, and explained I couldn’t get on WS site in time to give you this morning’s news. He’s going to continue keeping me informed about anything he learns in Orlando so that I can post it here—exclusively for you.

In the meantime, he said to tell you this: Months ago, TES did attempt to search the area where Caylee’s remains were found even though the area was mostly under water. In fact, he borrowed a special four wheel ATV offered to us by a helpful citizen, which was then driven through what appeared to be shallow water. And sank out of sight!

As you know, the one risk that trained searchers cannot take is that of damaging or destroying the very evidence they’re trying to recover. Tim said that if the plastic bag found today had been trampled by one of our horses, or run over by the ATV, the bag would have ruptured and the contents exposed and scattered, possibly/probably never to be found. He’s relieved that he called of the search of that area when he did or today’s discovery might never have happened.

He also said to remind you (half-jokingly) that he was right about at least one other thing: Caylee’s remains were not in the river at Blanchard Park. 

Oh, and in case you’re wondering about the ATV that was ruined when it sank, we naturally had to pay the owner for it--$10,000.

That’s all for now. Hopefully I will have other information to give you as the hours pass, and that I’ll be able to access our site when I do.

Tim sends his gratitude along with this message, and a request that you take just a moment to say a prayer for George and Cindy.

Hey, if he can forgive them, we certainly should be able to as well. (This comment is mine, not Tim’s.) I’m working on it, but my heart isn’t as open as his, I fear.

:blowkiss::blowkiss::blowkiss:

Thanks for bumping this, The World According. I had never read this before; can't imagine how I missed it. But what a good reminder of how many good people there are in the world! I need to keep that in mind and work on my forgiveness factor, too!!!

I don't see Friday posting anymore. Have I missed her here? Does anyone maintain contact with her? Thanks, all.

I see A Hero.

I see the feeling I got when I watched the coverage of the crash of Air Florida 90 into the ice-filled Potomac River; watched a helicopter pull a woman through the air seemingly to the safety of the shore; watched in horror as her strength gave out and she fell back into the water and floundered amid the chunks of ice mere yards from the bank; watched horrified this woman whose certain death was only minutes away; watched as Lenny Sputnik dove into the icy waters to save her without a thought for his own safety.

I see the feeling I got during the aftermath of the bombing of the Alfred P. Murrah building in Oklahoma City - a weary fireman leaving the bombing site after 16 hours, exhausted, cold, wet, and silent, so silent.

A faceless voice calls out as he approaches the barricade, and you can see the question as it drifts into his thoughts and settles over his weary features:

"What do you guys need in there?"

The fireman slows only slightly, and his voice is raspy and tired as he responds -

"Raingear, blankets, dry socks..."

Within 30 minutes a line of headlights as far as you could see stacked up in the cold drizzle. The cars slowly passed by, the occupants tossing out blankets, socks, clothes, towels, flashlights... and over and over I heard them say in humble voices "God Bless You".

A local merchant emptied his shelves of raincoats, slickers, parkas, boots, and when the shelves were empty, chartered a special delivery truckload of more to be brought in. To give away.

I see the feeling I got when I watched an OKC fireman emerge from the rubble of the Murrah Federal building with a tattered and torn US flag and hoist it by crane to fly high over the bomb site.

I see the feeling I got when men mounted on horseback rode down the ridge at Klamath Basin flying US flags to the sound of bugles, and I see the feeling I got when the crowd started singing God Bless America as they approached.

I see the feeling I got watching yet another fireman climb to the top of the rubble that used to be the Twin Towers and plant the flag there in defiance.

When I look at pictures of Tim Miller, with his worn and weathered face and exhausted eyes that have seen way too much, I see this same feeling.

I see A Hero.

And so, for our purposes here, today, and yesterday and even tomorrow, I would like to add the following annotation to that definition.

he-ro [heer-oh] –noun, plural – roes
1. a man of distinguished courage or ability, admired for his brave deeds and noble qualities.
2. a person who, in the opinion of others, has heroic qualities or has performed a heroic act and is regarded as a model or ideal

hunk7l.jpg

God bless you and keep you Tim Miller, and all of the brave and tireless volunteers with TES.

God Bless.

Sundance
2009 0211

Sundance, I don't know who you are, but I'm with you!!! God bless Mr. Miller and his family, all that volunteer, all that donate and all that pray for these missing children. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyMjA2XVRH4[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA