TKS S1 E6: "A Killer on the Road".

But the work is all done by state DOT workers. Perhaps I should have made that more clear. Sorry if I confused you in what I was trying to convey. Funding actually comes from a few sources. When we pay IFTA tax we report each mile driven in each state. We are nit required to say we ran X amount of miles on interstate 40 and X amount of miles on state route 221.

IFTA forms are sent into the state a company is registered to. You are reporting all states to your home state. Your home state then pays each state their portion based on your miles driven in their state and the amount of fuel tax you already paid by purchasing fuel in their state.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
IFTA = International Fuel Tax *advertiser censored*.
I know it very well I have a had a few as well as a truck that my driver maintained .
What I am saying is anything with the name federal Highway or international.
Need to be treated as such. Finger prints of all drivers would not hurt . If they want a job they should keep up with this.
We have to pee in a cup to work why not ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Given that there are about 500 unsolved murders where truck drivers are suspected, I agree.

Sidenote: Rachel and Josh just kind of left us hanging when that serial killer named another truck driver. I realize they passed that information to the proper authorities but I am looking forward to a follow-up.

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

Season 2? =) Sorry, I wish we could include so much more in the series but we have to pick our battles. We turned over the info/name to LE, it was right thing to do.

Season 2? =) Sorry, I wish we could include so much more in the series but we have to pick our battles. We turned over the info/name to LE, it was right thing to do.
I know we only heard a small portion of your conversation, and yes turning the information over to LE was the right thing to do, but I would like to ask, do you think he embellished on certain things? Like how many other drivers who he claimed to personally know who committed these crimes? Usually SK'S work alone and keep their secrets to themselves. Did you get a feeling he may have made up or embellished stories for the attention?

I was wondering how much it would cost to have every mother of a missing missing woman to give her dna so when they find these ladies the dna would match the family members maybe we can raise money to help do this

I was wondering how much it would cost to have every mother of a missing missing woman to give her dna so when they find these ladies the dna would match the family members maybe we can raise money to help do this
I would totally donate to such a fund if one were to arise.

Now I'm going to post off topic but bc we have discussed dna I chose to post this here as well (I've posted this question & can't get an answer). I post this bc I have seen ppl comment " well they're entered in NamUs as a missing person so any unidentified remains/persons should show up if tgeyre entered as a match" But I thought that wasn't the case. Can someone clarify?
Not sure where to ask this questions so direct me if this is not a good place.

When a UID is entered into NamUs with their DNA; do they have a database in place that compares DNA and missing automatically? Does such a database exist?

It's my understanding that California takes felony convict's DNA and enters them into a state database. I've heard of cases where they've found a suspect by running their DNA within their state database & matching it to a relative's DNA who committed a felony, then it was just a matter of deciding which brother etc.

So my question is: Is there such a system in place for running missing person's DNA against UID(unidentified deceased) DNA? I have always heard that it has to be pointed out which MP should be compared to a certain UID or the comparison may never happen, even if they're located in the same database. Just need some clarification. If there isn't such a system why? And does anyone know if efforts are being made to create one?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

AFAIK Not automatically. The investigator in charge listed on NAMUS must enter the DNA manually when given credible matches.

Oh, I agree you guys did the right thing! You guys are doing good work, hard work, but good!

Sent from my SM-G920T1 using Tapatalk

Another fantastic eye-opening show!
Josh and Rachel were very calm cool and collected and very approachable to the wide variety of people interviewed for the show, no wonder people were willing to talk to them.

One small thing caught my attention when Rachel spoke to one trucker in his truck and asked him what would happen to her if she was on her own.... He said something about her getting mistaken as a prostitute because of the way she was dressed.
Unless i missed something, Rachel was wearing a simple and modest black t shirt, what is up with that comment?!
imo.

:welcome3:
UGH, yes. He said ' looks like you are looking for sex with that outfit...' WTH?

After he said that it made me think that he himself might be one of the 'sicko' truck drivers we are looking for.

So let me interject a remedy here. I am all about my rights. Buy when I served in the army I had my finger prints taken before even going to boot camp.

Shouldn't a trucking job that travels all over the country require something on a national level ? If it's left to state by state it would be too hard to keep up with and fall through the cracks.

Aren't our major highways Federal or Government ? I am pretty sure if you kidnap someone and take them across state lines it becomes federal.

Just Saying

Fingerprinting, like with 2nd amendment federal requirements is not a bad idea along with CORI, IMO

UGH, yes. He said ' looks like you are looking for sex with that outfit...' WTH?

After he said that it made me think that he himself might be one of the 'sicko' truck drivers we are looking for.

LOL IMO it sounded like wishful thinking on his part and some misplaced notion of flirtation. OY.

She is kinda cute tho. :blushing:

His comment was strange and came off as creepy to me.
I thought Rachel was properly dressed. Comfortable and casual.
As a female driver I've dressed in tighter more revealing clothing than she was and was never approached by a driver mistaking me for a lot lizard.
I'm just glad they made it out of the situation safe and sound.

His comment was strange and came off as creepy to me.
I thought Rachel was properly dressed. Comfortable and casual.
As a female driver I've dressed in tighter more revealing clothing than she was and was never approached by a driver mistaking me for a lot lizard.
I'm just glad they made it out of the situation safe and sound.

How do the "lizards" dress if I may. I have no clue.

LOL IMO it sounded like wishful thinking on his part and some misplaced notion of flirtation. OY.

She is kinda cute tho. :blushing:
I picked up creeper vibe. As well as fear of what might be lurking.

Agreed she was not dressed for his delusions. Creepy.
But he had a general fear of her being out there like he knows that it is happening. I'm watching both episodes now .
Looking for that name the trucker said they called themselves.

Agreed she was not dressed for his delusions. Creepy.

Agreed. He was totally projecting his own creepiness upon her. The very last thing she was' looking for' was sex with a trucker. Delusional wishful thinking on his part, imo.

Another great reason to go back to railway long hauling and get these huge trucks and their drivers off the highways. Accident deaths and reckless driving injuries by the thousands, and now the perfect situation for serial killing.

How do the "lizards" dress if I may. I have no clue.
I've noticed in recent years they are dressed more normal as not to draw much attention to themselves. But it also depends on where you are. I've noticed in larger cities, some still wear short skirts, revealing tops.
I recently went on a trip with my husband and in the places we went to they were dressed in jeans and tops with tennis shoes.
But I have been in truckstops where I have seen ladies wearing the stiletto heels, mini dresses etc.

I remember a time many years ago (my father was a trucker too and I spent a lot of summers and school breaks on trips with him in the 80's and 90's) when they knocked on the doors of the rig to garner up business. Back then most were dressed as you would expect a lady of the night to be dressed by what we learn from watching tv.

As the years have passed by I've noticed less of the jumping on the side of a rig at random. Most are in a car with their handler or driver and use the CB to advertise. Once a driver agrees to have a date she is driven to that spacific rig.

Now we're in a digital age. A lot of the drivers seeking a date will use back page and request the lady to outcall to his location.

There is a strip in the memphis area that is saturated with ladies of the night. It's a high truck traffic area. It is well known you do not park in that area unless you are seeking a date. In that paticular area the ladies walk the street. The drivers park and there's signals that he is "looking" and the ladies approach his rig. The ladies on this strip are usually dressed in the way we would expect a sex worker to dress based on what we see on tv.

So really, it depends on where you are as to how they dress.

Another great reason to go back to railway long hauling and get these huge trucks and their drivers off the highways. Accident deaths and reckless driving injuries by the thousands, and now the perfect situation for serial killing.
You'll never do away with the trucks. But intermodal has helped lessen the workload. But not all things can be shipped intermodal. You do not want produce for example being sent intermodal. It moves faster by truck getting it to the warehouses and eventually stores before it rots.

I for one am a fan of intermodal. My reasons for it are...
Drivers become more regional. They do not travel as many miles away from home.
They get home more often to their families, and for the single driver, this gives he or she more time to have a relationship so they do not become as sexually frustrated by being gone for weeks at a time.

My spouse is regional for the most part. Occasionally he is asked to cover runs that take him further away but for the most part, he is home every weekend and most weeks, I have him home overnight one night a week, sometimes two. It's for no longer than time for a shower, home cooked meal, maybe a hour of tv time if he's lucky then bed time then he's back to work. But sleeping under his own roof is meaningful to him as is having a home cooked meal.

Also by being regional a driver can save money, it's expensive to depend on the road for your meals, snacks etc. It's just not possible to take everything a driver needs to survive on from home.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea