AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I had stumbled upon that Nancy Grace interview without reading any previous case information I would have thought that KP was being held captive by CP. Her flat line answers without any emotion. Yes mam, no mam. She seemed completely controlled and for a second I thought Nancy was going to ask her about it.
Just some thoughts.
Great comment and observation. Also, it's very common to see two divorced parents come together when a child goes missing. That is not happening here. In fact, all communication has stopped between bio dad and bio mom. I suspect that has more to do with stepdad than it has to do with anything else. With what he's revealed about himself, his past, the way he "parents".... I would wager those house walls could tell stories.

JMO, ofcourse.

-“You -- Katie and Chris -- had a meeting with TBI today, did you find out any new information?” asked FOX 17 News reporter Kaitlin Miller.

Seth Rogers, Sebastian’s biological father, responded, “Not that I can discuss.”

Rogers says he still has hope that his son is alive. Rogers did raise another concern: he recently found out the Tennessee Department of Children's Services (DCS) has been called to Katie and Chris Proudfoot’s home in Hendersonville.

“That somebody somewhere dropped the ball, because I was never informed. I’m the biological father. I have joint legal joint physical custody,” Seth said.

Sebastian's stepfather, Chris Proudfoot, confirmed with FOX 17 News that DCS has been called to their home before, but adds that all those cases are closed. He says the only active case with DCS is Sebastian’s missing case.

FOX 17 News reached out to DCS for more information on these previous cases, but we have not heard back yet. We then asked Seth if any of the three parents were being investigated as potential suspects.

Seth said, “The investigation is still ongoing. We wouldn’t be cleared until the investigation is done, but currently from my understanding, they don’t have any information that would attach us to any wrongdoing.”

Last edited:
Seth's latest interview with Kaitlyn Miller, Fox 17 Nashville

More conflicting info regarding the dogs, now he's saying no, they didn't hit. The flashlight video was a trash truck. Says none of them are suspects, no information to attach any of them to his disappearance. No real new info and he said nothing he can discuss from meeting with TBI/LE today.

Trash truck at 3AM?

-“You -- Katie and Chris -- had a meeting with TBI today, did you find out any new information?” asked FOX 17 News reporter Kaitlin Miller.

Rogers says he still has hope that his son is alive. Rogers did raise another concern: he recently found out the Tennessee Department of Children's Services (DCS) has been called to Katie and Chris Proudfoot’s home in Hendersonville.

“That somebody somewhere dropped the ball, because I was never informed. I’m the biological father. I have joint legal joint physical custody,” Seth said.
DCS being called on them and Seth not knowing sure is enough to strain the relationship between the biological parents?
MOO.

Seth's latest interview with Kaitlyn Miller, Fox 17 Nashville

More conflicting info regarding the dogs, now he's saying no, they didn't hit. The flashlight video was a trash truck. Says none of them are suspects, no information to attach any of them to his disappearance. No real new info and he said nothing he can discuss from meeting with TBI/LE today.

BBM

First he says none of them are suspects, but later he's asked if CP and KP are suspects and he says he doesn't know.

In any case, LE is perfectly entitled to tell people they aren't suspects when in fact they are.

Sebastian's stepfather, Chris Proudfoot, confirmed with FOX 17 News that DCS has been called to their home before, but adds that all those cases are closed. He says the only active case with DCS is Sebastian’s missing case.

FOX 17 News reached out to DCS for more information on these previous cases, but we have not heard back yet. We then asked Seth if any of the three parents were being investigated as potential suspects.

Seth said, “The investigation is still ongoing. We wouldn’t be cleared until the investigation is done, but currently from my understanding, they don’t have any information that would attach us to any wrongdoing.”
"all those cases are closed." All those cases?!? How many times did DCS visit that house? And never notified Sebastian's father that they were investigating something with his son?

This poor boy. :(

"all those cases are closed." All those cases?!? How many times did DCS visit that house? And never notified Sebastian's father that they were investigating something with his son?

This poor boy. :(
I wonder if DCS is able to release that info or not about previous cases. Definitely makes me wonder though. And Seth should definitely have been notified.

I wonder if DCS is able to release that info or not about previous cases. Definitely makes me wonder though. And Seth should definitely have been notified.

I don't think so. Those records are extremely confidential.

It would be great if they were accidentally leaked though.

In the first account CP gave to Smiley, CP said when the CPS worker who showed up at the house in response to the belt incident arrived, he recognized her from a previous incident and said something to the effect of "Oh hi! How are you doing?"

I don't think so. Those records are extremely confidential.

It would be great if they were accidentally leaked though.

In the first account CP gave to Smiley, CP said when the CPS worker who showed up at the house in response to the belt incident arrived, he recognized her from a previous incident and said something to the effect of "Oh hi! How are you doing?"
Yea I didn’t figure they would be able to. But yea. Never a good thing when you know your cps worker that well.

Their regulations say that residents must have their trash out by 6 a.m., so why would a trash truck be out there at 3 a.m.?

Nice catch. Yea that doesn’t make any sense. And how does one mistake a garbage truck lights with flashlights?

I know everywhere is different, but ours has strobing lights on top that will light up my living room even in the day light. Makes no sense to me.

I don't know why it's been weighing on my mind for the last several days, but I wish they would go back and check all of the culvert pipes and storm drains around there. They are all over that neighborhood and the one under construction next door. There's one directly between their back yard and the neighboring yard as well that you can zoom and see on Google maps. I just have a feeling he's somewhere close there and not being seen. MOO

I don't know why it's been weighing on my mind for the last several days, but I wish they would go back and check all of the culvert pipes and storm drains around there. They are all over that neighborhood and the one under construction next door. There's one directly between their back yard and the neighboring yard as well that you can zoom and see on Google maps. I just have a feeling he's somewhere close there and not being seen. MOO

I read or saw somewhere they did, but I've read and listened to so much that I don't have a link. Sorry.

I would think that if that were true, signs of decomposition would have been noticed by now.

I read or saw somewhere they did, but I've read and listened to so much that I don't have a link. Sorry.

I would think that if that were true, signs of decomposition would have been noticed by now.
Yes they mentioned they checked things, but did they really check them all the way through, or just pop their head and look at the ends of them? They tunnel through pretty far and connect all over the place. I'd want to know they were all fully checked, end to end, at least with sewer cameras. JMO

Welp, a month later and FWIW, here's what I DON'T believe.

I don't believe Sebastian ran away from home barefoot in the middle of the night. I trust Seth when he says that after the fire ant incident, Sebastian always wanted to have shoes and socks on. Everyone agrees that Sebastian had never run away or wandered off before. So he decides to make his first time in total darkness, barefoot, in 26 degree temperatures? Just no.

I don't believe Sebastian's scent was ever traced to that retaining pond. Even assuming he ran away barefoot with a flashlight to see by, unless there was a clear path that led from his home to the pond, he wouldn't have been able to go straight from home to pond.

I don't believe LE has officially cleared anybody or else they would have said so publicly.

I don't believe those lights at 3 a.m. were trash trucks.

Here's what I DO believe:

The Proudfoots' varying accounts have such glaring inconsistencies that it is impossible not to think they know much more than they're telling.

Last edited:
Yes they mentioned they checked things, but did they really check them all the way through, or just pop their head and look at the ends of them? They tunnel through pretty far and connect all over the place. I'd want to know they were all fully checked, end to end, at least with sewer cameras. JMO

Oh dear. I am sure I read somewhere that they had been checked multiple times, but again I can't remember where.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member