AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that was on the Smiley interview.

If you check my posts I posted both of them with time stamps for when the CPS incidents were described in the Smiley interview and in the NG interview. The accounts are very different.
Yeah Smileys Stories on 21 March.

it’s a chore listening to CP! No wonder he’s now on wife number 5!!

Snipped and BBM for focus

Agreed they these two aren’t the sharpest tools in the box but switching off lights at 9pm would be an obvious thing to do if I knew a neighbors camera would pick it up. Though wouldn’t that camera also have captured a person climbing in or out of the window even if there were merely faint shadows.

The second bolded part, I’m sure CP said on NG that he belted Sebastian because he wasn’t wearing a belt and lyed about having one on when asked. I’ll go back a try and find it. Does anyone else recall this?
Yes, I do recall that.

I missed that he was belted for a disability-related behavior. Absolutely heartbreaking.
Agree. Boundary issues are huge w/my son too. I will never forget the first time we took him to as AirBnB w/a community pool/hot tub. We were the first in the hot tub, and when another family entered, he climbed right onto the lap of a complete stranger asking if he was a daddy. I was so embarrassed, extremely apologetic, etc. but there is no way we would have punished him for this. It was completely innocent on the part of my son. He felt he was just being friendly and welcoming to the newcomers.

If CP did not want his daughter and Sebastian together, I am not quite sure how he could petition for custody. I feel like those two living arrangements cannot coexist. Unless I am mistaken, CP spends much time working away from home, so the primary caregiver for the child he wants custody of would be KP? Has CP's ex(s) spoken out publicly?
This whole case troubles me.
I wish they would find him and find him safe (although I can't see that happening after all this time) MOO
Yes, his ex has spoken publicly.

I wonder if they could check interstate cameras for a vehicle/tag they might be able to connect up with someone who may have driven there to help cover something up or someone who took him. I sometimes wonder if some kids would be cruel enough to lure him out and have something go too far. He wanted to have friends so badly. My ASD1 son is 10 and has recognized for a few years now that he is 'different' and that he does not have friends. He would give anything to have friends.

I know with Debbie Collier, they were able to pick up her rental on an interstate camera. If they could look at who got on or off the nearest exits between 9-6 or something...might be able to figure something out.
I’m ASD level 1 of support and at 27 I gave up on having friends. I tolerated literally anything to be able to call someone a friend for a really long time, especially as a teen, but I just can’t anymore.

Of course. I just meant is it more unlikely, because we haven't heard from the parents that he was prone to being deceptive, and just yesterday, I read this abstract from Pubmed and the NIH that seems to be saying those on the spectrum are (as a group) less likely to be dishonest.

Here's a snip from the paper...

Yes, as someone on the spectrum I hate lying, but I’ve done that occasionally, especially around 15-ish. If he feels, even if just a little, he can’t trust his parents, he’ll lie like any kid.

Agree. Boundary issues are huge w/my son too. I will never forget the first time we took him to as AirBnB w/a community pool/hot tub. We were the first in the hot tub, and when another family entered, he climbed right onto the lap of a complete stranger asking if he was a daddy. I was so embarrassed, extremely apologetic, etc. but there is no way we would have punished him for this. It was completely innocent on the part of my son. He felt he was just being friendly and welcoming to the newcomers.
Exactly. Had many such moments with my autistic son. You can’t punish for innocent behavior which is symptomatic of their neurological condition.

Has anyone ever seen law enforcement directly comment on a family member's social media post that was asking for volunteers to help search for their missing loved one?

Sumner County Sheriff’s office responded directly to the post that was made February 27th. (Screenshot below from me)

I can't recall any case where I've ever seen LE do that, so I'm just wondering.

MOO

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240331_210035_Facebook~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240331_210035_Facebook~2.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 156
Has anyone ever seen law enforcement directly comment on a family member's social media post that was asking for volunteers to help search for their missing loved one?

Sumner County Sheriff’s office responded directly to the post that was made February 27th. (Screenshot below from me)

MOO
Wow, I have never seen that, ever.

As we enter the Autism Acceptance Month, I only wish Sebastian is found.

If I were his parents, I’d use the date to go around mainstream media giving interviews and telling Sebastian’s story.

Someone knows something.

MOO

On the other hand. I'd like to know the entity to which this comment was directed.

If it was UCN, I am speculating that Sumner County Sheriff's office observed and/or were alerted by their brothers and sisters in blue that UCN inserted themselves into the Riley Strain case but really didn't do anything substantial to assist.

And they didn't want history repeating itself in the search for Sebastian.

Just speculation on my part. I believe I read that community members started searches today, and AFAIK LE hasn't said anything to discourage that.

I'm not caught up on this case, but from what I'm reading here, it sounds like the step-dad hit poor Sebastian with a belt as punishment? For lying? It sounds to me like a person wanting an excuse to inflict pain on a child.

That is not punishment, that's child abuse. I was hit on my butt with a belt as a kid, it was abuse then and it is now. It takes a certain kind of individual to grab a belt and whip someone with it. Sebastian was a relatively small boy, he could easily have gotten hurt if he was hit too hard.

How many cases are there of kids who "accidentally" die due to discipline? A lot.

Major red flag IMO

I'm not caught up on this case, but from what I'm reading here, it sounds like the step-dad hit poor Sebastian with a belt as punishment? For lying? It sounds to me like a person wanting an excuse to inflict pain on a child.

That is not punishment, that's child abuse. I was hit on my butt with a belt as a kid, it was abuse then and it is now. It takes a certain kind of individual to grab a belt and whip someone with it. Sebastian was a relatively small boy, he could easily have gotten hurt if he was hit too hard.

How many cases are there of kids who "accidentally" die due to discipline? A lot.

Major red flag IMO
BBM for focus.

I was too and I think this case has triggered me.

EEEEK.

This might’ve been from the flashlights in the backyard video. It was around that time, came from a neighbors security/doorbell camera. It’s the only time I read it. I wish I had taken notes off of the early reports, I never thought so much time would go by and Sebastian would still be out there somewhere.
This is the first I've learned of the neighbor's cam picking up the time when SR's bedroom light was turned off, but in my opinion, most parents will turn off lights in the evening if no one is using them.

I'm not sure the light going off indicates SR went to bed at that time. It does indicate that someone was in his room at that time.

RSBM
BBM

It takes a person who needs to be in control of others, or a person who has lost control of themselves. I think that's a factor in most if not all, types of abuse.

But, to hit a disabled child is a step further. And, darker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member