AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #3

I'm not on FB so I'm doing some cutting and pasting:

From Nick Beres:

"SO, NOW WE KNOW THE PHOTO WAS NOT SEBASTIAN.
(The original photo is posted here without any faces.)
But that’s not the end of it.
I spoke with the mother of the boy in the photograph which was taken at a visitor center in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
The family lives in North Carolina and they were unaware of Sebastian’s case.
Unaware until this past week when sheriff’s deputies contacted them and confirmed the boy in the photo is her son and not Sebastian.
The mother tells me she is praying for Sebastian to be found safe and she understands how someone might think her boy resembled him."

Maybe, he was speaking with the person that generated the photo (AL), trying to cover their tracks. There's no real way, other than through law enforcement, to determine the legitimacy/identification, a Facebook members.

I found it odd, from the get-go, the person taking the photo, waits to go to LE, but allows her friend to post the photo on Facebook.

I think this was a deliberate attempt, by someone, to muddy the waters.

I stated from the beginning, believed the FBI would send the photo to the forensic facial recognition Department at Quantico. It's one of the best in the world. The FBI, has been involved since day one, many MSM articles in the first thread.

As for the dad, he should have known the FBI was involved, from his year and a half employment in law enforcement. Missing children policy and procedures, should be part of basic training for new law enforcement.

A federal law was enacted after the Lindbergh kidnapping, requiring immediate notification and involvement from the FBI. Local and state LE have policies and procedures for notification to the FBI.

MOO...

So who's lying? Nick Beres or NewsNation?

Make it make sense.
I don't think either or lying. I think maybe Nick, was mislead by what he thought was the Facebook poster.

Moo, LE source releasing to News Nation the photo was AL generated, is another attempt to shut down the rhetoric.

Moo

Maybe the mother/ son in the photo are real people, but AI was used to alter their real photos and create the fake photo with shoes that look similar to Sebastian's? Can you do something like that with AI? JMO.

In any case, faking a photo of a missing person is dispicable.

“It has crossed my mind that KP may be more scared of CP than she is of threats. That may be why she just remains silent. That's not a good situation . Having said that, I'm not convinced any of the 3 did anything to SR.”

I still think Chris might be taking control of speaking because he thinks that’s his role as Katie’s husband. Like that in his mind he’s protecting her or taking the lead and that matches his view of masculinity. Or maybe they both think he’s a better speaker. Or maybe she finds it too hard emotionally and wants him to do it for her. Idk.

Last edited:
Maybe the mother/ son in the photo are real people, but AI was used to alter their real photos and create the fake photo with shoes that look similar to Sebastian's? Can you do something like that with AI? JMO.

I absolutely agree. And yes, scarily seamlessly. An unknown person put my face on compromising photos that aren’t me and has attempted to blackmail me with them. They are freaky good. Like it’s so scary and I’ve taken the steps I can to find who is doing it but also I’m like that could trick anyone other than myself.

So yes I bet they took a real picture of a kid who resembled Sebastian and then maybe messed with his hair color, added the shoes, maybe added Sebastian’s hand because the posture was even convincing. Could have added or edited the glasses. But even having done that the kid’s face and body would still be the actual photo.

Oh you absolutely can do anything with AI. Your picture, you're now a pawn star. Your voice, you're begging you're family for cash.

Scary stuff.

Moo...I feel CP is being a good husband, protecting KP from the media. I know Mr SS, would be defending me, and a lot more vocal. He would trying hard to protect me from the gossip, he would comfort me, be my rock. I think CP and KP have put up with more than I would.

The rumor mill in full swing, the father (xhusband) on podcasts, making accusations, and when CP tries to respond, SR just over talks him. No, I don't believe KP, should be subject to this. This is a distraction and takes the focus off finding SR.

I'm sure KP feels guilty, is emotionally suffering, add in a lot of cruel accusations.

LE has repeatedly said they are cooperating. I do not appear to be under investigation. Yes they left their home, I can't blame them, it dangerous to stay there , with all the accusations, I bet they're getting threats. The xhusband, has a podcast investigator running around doing private searches. No telling who might show up at the house, at anytime and things could turn ugly.
Heck no, I wouldn't be staying there alone.

They did not seek crowd source funding and stay home for two months. They kept quiet, didn't create unnecessary drama, are allowing FBI/LE to do their job.

All my opinion only...

Last edited:
IMO CP is not doing Katie or anyone else any favors by constantly going on podcasts and being a jerk. SR talks over people? Have you listened to the Websleuths youtube video where CP calls in?

I fail to see how this protects Katie in any way. Instead, it just throws more negative attention her way.

KP is kind of stuck in the middle of two boy-men going at each other. They need to settle their feud in the school yard not on social media. Its distracting from Sabastian . After awhile it really is a turn off. A lot of people probably don't want to get involved and caught up in the S-storm. jmo.

KP is kind of stuck in the middle of two boy-men going at each other. They need to settle their feud in the school yard not on social media. Its distracting from Sabastian . After awhile it really is a turn off. A lot of people probably don't want to get involved and caught up in the S-storm. jmo.

I totally agree that neither has exactly covered himself in glory but I think CP's behavior is worse. Calling in to a youtube channel and imitating Billy Bob Thornton in "Sling Blade" when your special needs child is missing? Calling in to a PI to (drunkenly, IMO) threaten another PI and Seth?

Bet he never expected that to be made public.

Abominable.

One thing I keep coming back to in this case is the fact that KP and CP didn't give any public interviews until a week after Sebastian went missing. And even then, just one or two interviews with local news media, IIRC.

After that, radio silence in that medium.

The case that prompted me to come out of lurking on Websleuths and start posting was that of Danielle van Dam, which literally happened down the road from me.

At the time, from Day 1, you couldn't turn on local news without seeing Brenda and Damon's faces plastered all over it.

There were also the cases of Amber du Bois and Chelsea King. In every instance the parents were on local TV as much as possible, as early as possible, to bring attention to their missing children.

Therefore I find it concerning that CP and KP waited so long before going public.

I totally agree that neither has exactly covered himself in glory but I think CP's behavior is worse. Calling in to a youtube channel and imitating Billy Bob Thornton in "Sling Blade" when your special needs child is missing? Calling in to a PI to (drunkenly, IMO) threaten another PI and Seth?

Bet he never expected that to be made public.

Abominable.
His language,and derogatory names he's only making him,and KP look worse. MOO

IMO CP is not doing Katie or anyone else any favors by constantly going on podcasts and being a jerk. SR talks over people? Have you listened to the Websleuths youtube video where CP calls in?

I fail to see how this protects Katie in any way. Instead, it just throws more negative attention her way.
I think it’s possible that Chris is trying to defend Katie but isn’t doing a good job at it. He comes across to me as very insecure, and if he’s attempting to be the shield that takes the rumors and insults, he isn’t able to let them bounce off of him. He appears to take every single thing as a personal attack and if he’s actively keeping up with every comment made about him and Katie he’s probably totally overwhelmed. His response of anger and aggressive attitude imo feel like his desperate attempt to protect his own very vulnerable emotions. I don’t think he’s confident in himself but he desperately is trying to appear confident. That’s something you can’t quite fake. He could be approaching a nervous breakdown rather than approaching some sort of confession.

Just my opinion and the overall feeling I get from Chris. Is he emotionally stable? Definitely not. Is he guilty of something here? I can’t say and I don’t think guilt is necessarily related to personality flaws.

Frankly, at this point KP needs to start asserting herself so that she can be Sebastian’s voice. He is missing and he is her son. This isn’t exactly the best time to let CP speak for her especially since interviews clearly aren’t CPs forte. He’s unpredictable and a hothead. IMO

If KP believes someone may have Sebastian and she’s played no role in the disappearance, why isn’t she all over the media pleading for compassion, for his safe return, telling everyone how much she adores her son and how empty her life is without him. Telling her critics they are wrong about her, that she would never ever do anything to harm Sebastian.

Why isn’t she acting like a mum whose child has vanished? Poor kid.

In many years on WS, I've seen a lot of mamas on TV dramatically begging for the return of their child. Later in fact we find, some in fact are responsible.

I can't think of one single case, of a child being abducted, being returned because the parent was on TV.

Most of the general public aren't tuned in to podcast. Most viewing are folks like us, seeking answers to our many questions.

I wish it were that easy.
Moo...

I assume, I can express my feelings, opinion concerning the father, just as CP and the mother are being discussed.

1) Chris wouldn't need to defend KP, if the xhusband wasn't on SM and Podcast promoting rumors and making accusations, being generated and promoted by FB groups. Thank goodness WS, doesn't allow.

2) I've not seen neighbors, nor any member of Seth's extended family making accusations, CP and KP were not good parents or involved in their son's disappearance.

3) I just can't believe in a parent's word, who hires a FB investigator, with no full name, office location or phone, that is asking for donations to support volunteer searching in location she won't reveal, is going to find SR. HUM....

Why not hire one of the many outstanding firms with former FBI and proven track record, out of Nashville? Some have amazing success stories. Banfield even brought this up in the interview posted, even stated hiring former FBI. Add to the fact, he raised over 25k in order to stay home and look for his son.

4) Can anyone refresh my memory, of the searches the father, organized and conducted? I realize he attended a few vigils, otherwise, I've only seen him sitting in the kitchen, doing podcast.

Na, I take a hard pass on the father's integrity, especially one raising money off his missing child. He don't pass the sniff test with me.

5) I was happy Banfield clarified, the FBI and TBI WAS involved from the being. Seth is employed in law enforcement, the last 18 months. He should KNOW the law, or policy. TBI/FBI are required by federal law, to become involved with all missing children. Yet, he's on podcasts, begging for the FBI to become involved. Why ???

Section 1395-01-04-.07 - TENNESSEE MISSING CHILDREN CLEARINGHOUSE, Tenn. Comp. R. & Regs. 1395-01-04-.07 | Casetext Search + Citator

Hopefully, the side show is ending, after LE notified MSM media of the Al photo and specifically ask for help getting out the message.

Hopefully, MSM will keep the message going for SR, in I respectful way that makes the public comfortable with coming forth with information.I do think they will be more careful, and vet information through LE, first. The most important thing is finding SR.i

Moo...
You’ve covered a lot of ground here! I can explain some of your points, I numbered them so I hopefully don’t miss anything.

1) The unpleasantness started after CP bragged about his visits from CPS & using a belt on Sebastian. Prior to this Seth had been completely respectful of C&K. Ppl brought the info to Seth and things just went downhill from there.

2) RR (Seth’s mom) went on record early on saying Sebastian had confided in her that he was afraid of Mr Chris. She was not a fan of Kate but I don’t recall her making any accusations. IIRC her feeling was that Kate chose Chris over Sebastian. If the comments all over Facebook are really from C&K’s neighbors rl C is the same as online C.

3) Seth’s PI has worked with families of the missing for some time. She will give her info out to anyone who has a legitimate need for it. She doesn’t charge the families, she works pro bono. She is physically out looking everyday. She is a licensed PI in Tennessee. She is highly regarded by other PIs. This has become a nightmare for her with all the bad blood but she still shows up everyday.

4) Unless something has changed Seth is out searching everyday. He does most of his podcasts in the evening. This could have changed after the NC trip. IDK but I will look into it. Seth didn’t start the Go.Fund.Me; it was started for him. He has not worked since 2/26, he is out searching for his son, in bad weather or after dark, he passes out fliers & asks ppl to put them up in their businesses.

5) Seth is aware of the different agencies working for Sebastian, the FBI can only do what locals ask them to do. Everything is at the discretion of local LE. Seth wants the FBI to be in charge. I don’t think there is anyway to make that happen but I can understand his frustration. His son has been missing 2.5 mos. I’d want the big guns in charge too.

I can't think of one single case, of a child being abducted, being returned because the parent was on TV.
RSFF

I can't either, but parents of missing children still go on TV and beg for their children back. Just in case. Because they will try anything no matter what the odds are against their efforts being successful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thecheese
Back