AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parenting requires special patience and intentional flexibility.
I think you did great btw - I just hadn't heard the interview yet. I think you have to be super flexible. What might be okay for the child one day may not be the next day - or the next several months.

For instance - my son on the spectrum knows he has to eat breakfast. WHAT he eats is up to him. He's very underweight. His doctor and I agree that eating - especially high-calorie - healthy or not - is a win for us right now. He totally had a giant plate of pizza rolls this morning. :D

I don't think the rigid parenting style (in my example, 'you are going to eat what we eat or nothing at all') would go very far in an autistic household no matter what situation it is. You have to give both your child and yourself grace. Days are going to be rough sometimes and they won't go how either of you wanted. It isn't easy being on the spectrum and isn't easy being a parent to a child on the spectrum. You both do your best each day and no matter how it goes, I make sure before bed that I tell him how special he is and how much I love him.

The “I don’t know why he walked out that front door” comment is weird. I don’t know if it’s just a figure of speech by which they mean “I don’t know where he went.” But it does stick out. I’m also still lost as to how they gave a clothing description but as someone who bundles up to go to bed I’m guessing that was his pjs. Very confused about the flashlight part though.
Someone on another site suggested that those were cell phones and not flashlights. Flashlights would have been brighter (you would think) from what was shown. I kind of agree but I guess LE hasn't come out to say they are cell phones and not flashlights.

That makes sense to me.

I probably didn't make a good distinction.

Constancy, I would think, would be huge. Stable, predictable routine.

I think I was thinking more in terms of discipline. Rigid in that sense. Militant, heavy handed. Lecturing. Firm is one thing but more than that seems like it would be confusing.

I like how one parent described it upthread. Where to draw lines while allowing the child to be who he naturally is.

Does this distinction fit better?

I'm thinking specifically of Sebastian as described by the adults in his life -- silly, has his idiosyncrasies, likes his topics, etc --

Routine and constancy are important and a fixed routine, wise.

Parenting requires special patience and intentional flexibility.

Bam.

All that to get me to the word I meant all along!

Not rigidity so much as inflexibility.

That's going to be a hard match up, no? A unique child on the spectrum and an inflexible adult --

I so want to hope he felt loved, valued...

And that no harm came to him.

JMO
Rigidness, inflexibility doesn't work in my house, he shuts down. Others might melt down.

Rambunctious. Where have we heard that description before.
IMO Hes probably on some type of stimulant medication , which actually calms ASD kids down so they can focus, it can also suppress appetite. Not taking it can cause hyperactivity, rambunctious and increased appetite like stepdad said. Of can MOO

*interview with stepdad starts @1:20 mark

I work in healthcare and that is not how HIPAA works. HIPAA does not bar CP from disclosing the medications Sebastian was taking.

Does anyone have a link to the TBI netlink that CP refers to? I have looked and looked and I haven't been able to find it. Thanks.

I work in healthcare and that is not how HIPAA works. HIPAA does not bar CP from disclosing the medications Sebastian was taking.

Does anyone have a link to the TBI netlink that CP refers to? I have looked and looked and I haven't been able to find it. Thanks.
link to the TBI bulletin below-

Although, no, it wouldn't be a "HIPAA" violation for the parents to release his specific medication information, is that really need-to-know public info? Would it help to locate Sebastian? I don't think so. JMO

Although, no, it wouldn't be a "HIPAA" violation for the parents to release his specific medication information, is that really need-to-know public info? Would it help to locate Sebastian? I don't think so. JMO
Its Personal information , I'm sure LE knows. The public doesn't need to

Thank you. I found that link, but it does not say there what CP says it says, so I was wondering if there was another link I haven't been able to find. I think one of the things CP says that I was looking for is that the TBI newslink said that all three parents were cooperating fully. Possibly that they had all been cleared. And some other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

I would really like to see official confirmation that all the parents have been cleared of involvement.

Regarding the medication, I was thinking that if the lack of medication resulted in behaviors that might assist searchers to identify him, it would be helpful to release that info.

Its Personal information , I'm sure LE knows. The public doesn't need to

Then why not just say so? Why blame it on HIPAA when that's simply not true? Who told him it would be a HIPAA violation?

The HIPAA reference just struck me as odd. As you say, it's personal information, so he could have just said they didn't want to discuss that publicly.

Then why not just say so? Why blame it on HIPAA when that's simply not true? Who told him it would be a HIPAA violation?

The HIPAA reference just struck me as odd. As you say, it's personal information, so he could have just said they didn't want to discuss that publicly.
He probably doesn't know the definition of HIPAA.

HIPAA prohibits the unauthorized disclosure of PHI by a covered entity. That’s it. “HIPAA” is commonly and incorrectly used as shorthand for “privacy”.

Another interview, 20 minutes

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW With Sebastian Rogers Mother & Step Father​

In the earlier interviews, I don't recall the mom saying anything about:

1. The noise she heard coming from Sebastian's room at around 10:00 p.m.

2. Driving around looking for Sebastian.

Did I just miss those things? Those Dutchess interviews were very long and I was doing other things while listening to them.

In the earlier interviews, I don't recall the mom saying anything about:

1. The noise she heard coming from Sebastian's room at around 10:00 p.m.

2. Driving around looking for Sebastian.

Did I just miss those things? Those Dutchess interviews were very long and I was doing other things while listening to them.
No, I don't believe that information was released in any previous interviews or by LE, etc. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member