Identified! TN - Carryville, LIVING female, 15-21, mentally disabled, Jun'12 - Lynn Cameron

Thank you for finding that article, yorick.

You're welcome.

I looked up the Caryville police website to see if they would give more info about this, but it appears the site hasn't been updated since maybe 2011.

I think they might have a Facebook page. I don't use facebook, but just throwing that out there for anybody that wants to try to get more info.

Caryville PD FB zip, Campbell County Sheriff's Dept. has the same missing info we do on 2 and 3 July and nothing more. Nada. Mostly fundraising garbage. Shame!

There has to be a listing for the federal government to send an alert to the department of head state that runs the "Development Disabilities". I have a disabled daughter and I know that several people in our state know her name/face.

This is absolutely gut wrenching! I hope whomever she "belongs with" has some respect for her and at least gives info to LE so she can be helped. They have no excuse for not stepping up to the plate. From the reports I have the feeling that she was very well taken care of and loved by someone.

I sit hear in tears just thinking of how heartless a human can be...if we all just had the heart of a canine the world would be so much better!

There has to be a listing for the federal government to send an alert to the department of head state that runs the "Development Disabilities". I have a disabled daughter and I know that several people in our state know her name/face.

This is absolutely gut wrenching! I hope whomever she "belongs with" has some respect for her and at least gives info to LE so she can be helped. They have no excuse for not stepping up to the plate. From the reports I have the feeling that she was very well taken care of and loved by someone.

I sit hear in tears just thinking of how heartless a human can be...if we all just had the heart of a canine the world would be so much better!

Since she seemed well cared for...maybe the caregiver was in some current distress and felt it would be safer to drop the girl off? (ie caregiver was having suicidal thoughts?)

It makes me sick thinking about this case. It does seem pretty heartless that she was left there like that.

I'm not sure if anybody here uses google alerts much, but that's probably about the best way to get updated results on this since it's not plastered all over the news. Just create a search for something like "Caryville unidentified" or "unidentified autistic woman Caryville."

My guess is that she's somehow in a state social security system, but I don't know anything about how those systems work.

Surely a case worker has met this young lady before.

Perhaps if they would release her approximate height & weight, it might pair well with the photo for jogging somebody's memory.

Since she seemed well cared for...maybe the caregiver was in some current distress and felt it would be safer to drop the girl off? (ie caregiver was having suicidal thoughts?)

It seems like if somebody that cared about her dropped her off, they would have left a note with her, whether they were suicidal or not.

I hope they check the surrounding area for notes that could have been dropped. If it made it into the trash, it's probably too late.

I feel sorry for her because they probably put her through a medical examination to determine her injuries.

Just because somebody is mentally challenged and can't communicate doesn't make them unafraid or less of a human.

I wonder if she doesn't have a elderly parent(s) who maybe ended up in hospital. Someone took good care of her. Her hair cut looks less than 6 months old. Her teeth are clean,and the glasses are all telling that she was cared for. I think her hair looks naturally curly.
She looks very sweet. I hope someone names her soon..

Since that link I posted earlier said she might have contacts in the St. Louis area, I emailed a few people at the St. Louis post dispatch to see if they can run or report on this story.

Additional information regarding a possible eyewitness from southern Illinois indicates the young woman may have been in the south tip of the Prairie State recently, or may possibly be known in the St. Louis, MO, area.

If this young woman was possibly seen in Southern Illinois, then it may be a good idea to run her story with the Cape Girardeau-Paducah-Harrisburg news medias in addition to the St. Louis news medias.

Schools and special ed classes too, peli? I couldn't get a straight answer from my contacts as to whether or not she was more responsive to a specific name, food, animal, water (I think maybe no one asked?) Knoxville is where I am leaning, I sure hope I get another call back soon. Regarding her eyeglass prescription- people usually associate memories with physical experiences. Maybe Caryville could try a pretend eye exam and ask about what she ate afterwards, whether it was hot or cold, light or dark out, that sort of thing? Or maybe they already have? I really hope they are able to make an ID soon. So glad she is safe, but she needs her name.

Just got off the phone with my friend. The features are strikingly similar but it is not her. Teeth don't match and her hair would not be as long. Also the girl we reference has a bit of cross eye and you can't tell what she's looking at.

I noticed under the news article, someone has recently posted some info, I hope it works out.

Initial reports indicate that she is non-verbal but a later report states she told law enforcement she was possibly from MO. She has likely received speech therapy services. It would be wise to forward her picture to whatever state agency provides registration & licensing services for Speech and Language Pathologists in MO.

My son is profoundly intellectually disabled, non-verbal, and requires 24 hour care so this hits very close to home for me. I have sent this info and links to several email lists and support networks I am involved with. Many have a significant US based membership. Sincerely hoping someone, somewhere knows who she is.

They need to put this on the tv stations in the St Louis area. I live in the area and have thought from Day One she looks familiar. I have sent her to my email lists and my FB. I so hope they find out who she is soon.

She presents with very atypical facial features as well. At some point during her life she may have been seen by a developmental paediatrician who refers patients to geneticists for various screenings.

The very short, indistinct philtrum is quite unusual. It would likely be a significant finding and remembered by whomever examined her.

They think she might have had a baby?

http://missingpersonsnews.com/tennessee-authorities-seek-publics-help-with-jane-doe/

ETA: Map http://goo.gl/maps/hmFN

Her face needs to be on national news, imo.

I was super concerned about this being a possibility. :(

If in fact this is true, there is not only another missing child to be found- but likely evidence of another crime as well.

I wonder if we could get a shout out to different religious communities in the areas? Someone may recognize her from a congregation somewhere. Also, if she has a c-section scar- she likely carried a baby long enough to show evidence of pregnancy. Maybe an image reconstruction of that would be helpful as well?

If she had a C- section scar, there should be a couple nurses and doctors that might recognize her- she would be a distinctive patient.

They need to put this on the tv stations in the St Louis area. I live in the area and have thought from Day One she looks familiar. I have sent her to my email lists and my FB. I so hope they find out who she is soon.

Thanks for getting this on FB and email lists.

I'm from the IL side of St. Louis. I really hope somebody ID's her.

I wonder if there is a chance a stroke could have caused her impairment?

I don't want to assume that she looks and acts a certain way because of how she was born.

I'm just throwing that out for brainstorming... It's just really odd that somebody with her impairments might have a C-section scar.

Of course the situation could be even more nefarious than we know. A home c-section from somebody abusing her or something.

I really hope and pray this gets resolved quickly.

Any news, as a retired speech pathologist I'm very concerned about this. If she has been in the system anywhere hopefully she will be identified soon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaEvans52
Back