TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the part of the trials that anger me. The victims families have to ok what they are going to say with the judge. That to me is not justice.

http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

We r doing dry run of proposed vic impact stmts which will only be heard if jury finds premed or felony murder

OMG, seriously? The have to do this twice for each trial?

These people are amazingly strong. I can't imagine how hard this must be for them and to have to endure these multiple trials and give a "trial" of these statements before actually giving them....I can't even imagine their pain.

o My Mr Newsom has me bawling. Grandma Grey who had a stroke after Chris was murdered. Keeps a pic of Chris n Channon in the window where she can see it from any angle in her room.

Grandparents should not be burying their grandbabies!!

http://twitter.com/jamiescoop

Hugh Newsom - "I go up to (Chris') room from time to time but it's empty"

Newsoms - Chris was talented artist and athlete who loved beach and Nascar

Now he's talking about a AA friend of Chris' that Chris would take home from work. the guy hitched a ride to make to Chris' funeral.

His testimony is heart wrenching. I feel so sad for him.

Hugh, very emotional, directing his last few statements pointedly at defense table--presumably where GT sits.

Would trade all his worldly possessions to see his son again. And I believe him. :(

:parrot:

These really are heart wrenching..like Jamie said you would think each time you heard these it would make it a little easier but it's just the opposite for me. The amount of tears that they have shed fighting these animals is remarkable.

OMG, seriously? The have to do this twice for each trial?

These people are amazingly strong. I can't imagine how hard this must be for them and to have to endure these multiple trials and give a "trial" of these statements before actually giving them....I can't even imagine their pain.

Four trials, eight times. I don't know how they live through this.

Deena on the stand now. Her Dad would melt when she looked at him with those big blue eyes.

Hugh Newsom, w his gentle spirit and brokenness should be like hot coals heaped upon the defendants.... if any of them had a heart.

I think the strict controlling of these victim impact statements has understandably become a sore spot w the families.

Hugh Newsom, w his gentle spirit and brokenness should be like hot coals heaped upon the defendants.... if any of them had a heart.

I think the strict controlling of these victim impact statements has understandably become a sore spot w the families.

I agree Kiki. Its just his overwhelming sadness. A nice older man, on the down side of life. Suddenly his family, his son, was taken away from him. A man puts his whole life into raising his son, it is his only true legacy, his chance to live on. And that is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500