TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, my. Quotes GT's "F that white girl" statement. Leland didn't abbreviate.

It hit.

Price quoting GT. "F--- that white girl. She doesn't mean anything to me."

:parrot:

Flight of the guilty from the crime scene... can consider as evidence of guilt. When they get to Kentucky, GT gets on computer to find out what they've figured out. Too late to distance himself now.

If you were forced or coerced to go along w a crime, would you in turn sign letters written to them, "Brother w love." "United Together." :rolleyes:

Price to jury: "Find GT guilty as charged."

Judge to jury: more instructions........

Bravo. Another one, hit right out of the ballpark.
:thumb:

Ok I breathe again in and out in and out. He did a great job, now lets hope justice is served. I would still love to hear from his family, not sure why I just would.

GT's aunt and mother:
33e7w5t.jpg

The Newsoms:
2dan8l5.jpg

Weight of the world on their shoulders, for so many months...
2s6rd3b.jpg

I hope someone takes both of them out to a great lunch.

Ok I breathe again in and out in and out. He did a great job, now lets hope justice is served. I would still love to hear from his family, not sure why I just would.
We'll hear from them for the sentencing testimonies, surely.

I don't have any way of really knowing of course, but why do I get the feeling there were likely years during which GT's mom probably just figured her son's activities were none of her bidnezz... :waitasec:

Flight alone doesn't prove crime... but where flight is present, can go to consciousness of guilt. Weight to be given to be determined by jurors. Also for jurors to determine inferences re possession of recently stolen property. Posession may be sole, or joint. Actual, or constructive.

Law permits jury to draw inferences re circumstances including reasonableness of defendant's explanation. And culpable state of mind.

I don't have any way of really knowing of course, but why do I get the feeling there were likely years during which GT's mom probably just figured her son's activities were none of her bidnezz... :waitasec:

Because we always look at the parents first, but I have learned not to do that anymore just because a person makes a choice to do wrong it is not the families fault. My son was light of my life, he still is and he came to this world with a silver spoon in his mouth had a perfect up upbringing, when he decided to give drugs a try......I fell apart, what did I do wrong. I know now, I did nothing it was his choice and he choose it because he thought it would be fun, well it was till he became addicted. All is great now, but that was a really hard time for all of us. Sorry a little off topic, but my point was I was and am a wonderful parent even if he wasn't the best son at the time.

I wish the judge could have read this after the presentment, so they'd go to the jury room with Leland's voice ringing in their ears, instead of this snoozefest.

So what's everyone feeling, I'm still thinking we'll have a verdict today.

Because we always look at the parents first, but I have learned not to do that anymore just because a person makes a choice to do wrong it is not the families fault. My son was light of my life, he still is and he came to this world with a silver spoon in his mouth had a perfect up upbringing, when he decided to give drugs a try......I fell apart, what did I do wrong. I know now, I did nothing it was his choice and he choose it because he thought it would be fun, well it was till he became addicted. All is great now, but that was a really hard time for all of us. Sorry a little off topic, but my point was I was and am a wonderful parent even if he wasn't the best son at the time.

I'm sure you're a perfect mother Julie :) We are not talking about an addiction, there is no need to feel defensive. Even if "only" passive participation in a crime of this horrific nature, it is not on the same par at all IMO. Sorry but this stuff doesn't just come out of nowhere.

So true, Julie, and my heart goes out to you. :hug: I've seen other good parents have kids go bad through their own sorry choices, and I can't imagine the agony.

This mother does look more involved and classy than most, so she might have done her best too.

Without seeing or knowing her though, just going by the odds, it's usually safe to guess that there was neglectful parenting. :sheesh:

I'm sure you're a perfect mother Julie :) We are not talking about an addiction, there is no need to feel defensive. Even if "only" passive participation in a crime of this horrific nature, it is not on the same par at all IMO. Sorry but this stuff doesn't just come out of nowhere.

(bump... lol)

So what's everyone feeling, I'm still thinking we'll have a verdict today.
I'm guessing morning, if only because of all the paperwork, unless they work through the evening.

It's 3:20 there. Judge is now recommending they stop at five.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500