TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately I had to be away from home today and missed all but the last half hour of the trial today. Thanks everyone for posting the activities. Is there anyway to see a replay of the trial today?

Unfortunately I had to be away from home today and missed all but the last half hour of the trial today. Thanks everyone for posting the activities. Is there anyway to see a replay of the trial today?
I don't think so, unfortunately. Knoxnews and WBIR usually post videos with summaries and/or several minutes of testimony from the trial, though.

Here is knox' page of videos:
http://www.knoxnews.com/videos/news/local/channon-christian-christopher-newsom-murders/

They also have a youtube channel.
http://www.youtube.com/user/knoxnews

Searching on "Channon" is usually enough to get a lot of youtube videos from other people as well.

Here is WBIR's page for the case:
http://www.wbir.com/news/local/christian_newsom.aspx

Once you're watching a video there, you can search for more. In the last trial, they had more thorough videos, IIRC.

Attorneys at bench. TK making point that if four black males have been placed by witness in the 4 runner. That Coleman was left at the house with Channon all by her lonesome with no scary guys over her.

EXACTLY!!:rolleyes: Oh and not rolling my eyes at you SuziQ--rolling them at VC

A federal agent tangled with an attorney for torture-slayings suspect Vanessa Coleman this afternoon over what proof the state has of her direct role in the fatal crime spree.
"What evidence do you have that Vanessa Coleman participated in the actual killing?" defense attorney Ted Lavit asked U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Agent Bernard Waggoner.
"She was in the house," Waggoner answered

More at link:
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/may/06/torture-slaying-trial-day-4-jurors-hear-colemans-g/

A federal agent tangled with an attorney for torture-slayings suspect Vanessa Coleman this afternoon over what proof the state has of her direct role in the fatal crime spree.
"What evidence do you have that Vanessa Coleman participated in the actual killing?" defense attorney Ted Lavit asked U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Agent Bernard Waggoner.
"She was in the house," Waggoner answered

More at link:
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2010/may/06/torture-slaying-trial-day-4-jurors-hear-colemans-g/

I mean really, isn't this case just felony murder at it's finest? Really tho, I mean she was in the house and freely roaming the 7-11 (or w/e) for her candy bar. That would be all I needed to hear. I pray the jury feels the same.

I'm going through the pictures of today (thanks Muffet!) and I just thought, when VC is found guilty and during the penalty phase, I hope that Deena writes a different victim impact statement for this trial. I would LOVE for her to talk directly to VC and ask her how as a woman she could sit back and do NOTHING and most likely even participate in the rape, mutilation, torture, and murder of another woman. It's uncomprehensible to me.

Another day of running in and out, I caught bit and pieces of it today. I was really feeling like she could get out of this, then I remembered they didn't have anything on GT and he is locked up for life. They have much more on VC just by her having Channon's belongings makes her more guilty. I think once they get to hear the ME report that will seal her fate. Her biggest down fall in them tapes is there is no tears, no pleading and clearly no remorse for not trying to help. I can't help but wonder if her parents didn't coach her along on the law a little bit. The one thing she has on her side is they didn't arrest her right away, had she ran a got a lawyer she may have never been arrested.....just thinking out loud and praying that way to.

OOO and again you are all awesome, thanks for keeping us up to date!!!!

Another day of running in and out, I caught bit and pieces of it today. I was really feeling like she could get out of this, then I remembered they didn't have anything on GT and he is locked up for life. They have much more on VC just by her having Channon's belongings makes her more guilty. I think once they get to hear the ME report that will seal her fate. Her biggest down fall in them tapes is there is no tears, no pleading and clearly no remorse for not trying to help. I can't help but wonder if her parents didn't coach her along on the law a little bit. The one thing she has on her side is they didn't arrest her right away, had she ran a got a lawyer she may have never been arrested.....just thinking out loud and praying that way to.

OOO and again you are all awesome, thanks for keeping us up to date!!!!

And when she talks about supposedly being assaulted and threatened with her life, she doesn't sound terrified at all. Where is the horror at seeing what she saw happen to another human being and being threatened with the same fate?

And what animals, they didn't even let a dead girls chapstick go to waste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500