GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can not believe how happy and carefree she looked today. Not worried at all. I wonder if she will still be so happy if a guilty verdict comes down?

I have no faith in this jury. Of course, I'm only judging that by the questions that were asked. Maybe those questions were only asked by one or two members and the rest feel the way that we do about VC.

I hope I'm just being pessimistic this morning and the jury will come to the right conclusion about her guilt.

Morning everyone...I'm a little pessimistic this morning as well Lizzy. I'm really hoping for a good outcome on this one. I'm with Julie, I think we'll have an answer one way or the other this afternoon sometime.

I dont think any of the juries took all that long to determine the verdict...however this jury seems to have more questions than the others did. So I don't know how this one is going to turn out.

I'm going to say there is a 50% chance of a verdict by the end of the day

Does anyone remember how long the other juries took? I'm wracking my brain and can't remember at all.

The jury in the Cobbins trial, which was also from Nashville, took a full day and about 2 hours of a second day to arrive at a verdict. The Davidson jury took 7 hours over 2 days. The Thomas jury took 6 hours over 2 days. These were for the guilt phase.

David From TN

When did the jury actually go out to start deliberations? does anyone know?

When did the jury actually go out to start deliberations? does anyone know?
Suzi posted at 8:10.

I hear noise in courtroom, and the camera is moving around instead of focused on the medallion.

LOL I heard a man say, "They really, well, if they come back this quick, I'm going to be shocked."

Then the sound cut out. It's back, though.

I don't see a tweet yet.

OK, I heard 2 people say "there's a jury question" -"just a question"

I heard guy walking across the court room say just a question. so it must be a jury question.

question about criminal reponsibilty

bringing the jury in

note from the jury

asking about criminal responsibility

judge slurs so I cannot understand every word he says lol

Bringing in the jury.
Judge jingling his change like he used to. ;)

Their question is:" On page 15 and throughout the charges, if the word Criminal Responsibility is not found on some pages, like page 15, does that mean it is not an option for that count!!!

judge wants jury to refer to criminal responsibilty on page 7.

Judge says they looked through, and it is on all pages except 15.

He directs them to look at page 7, and goes over it again, where it talks about what makes one criminally responsible.

that's it! back to jury room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member