GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #20

Like everyone else here, I fancy myself a TC "amateur/professional"....

How is that Im just finding out about this case....(came up on YT)

Dear God. I am in utter rage & absolute disgust. OMG
Welcome to the thread. I think for many of us that followed this case, this is one of the worst crimes we have heard of. The brutality given to these completely innocent young people is beyond comprehension. I still have lots of questions about what exactly happened that weekend. Rest in peace, Chris and Channon.

This is local to me and these depraved things don't deserve to even breathe IMO.
It was local to me too at the time it happened. I moved away in late 2008. The shock, community outrage, the fear was unbelievable. It was unfathomable as the details came out. It was so horrific, that we would change the TV channel so our girls didn’t hear any details. They were 9 & 13 and I just didn’t want to have to explain that to them.

No matter how much investment in that area that was done over the years, it never improved. They mowed over huge chunks of those neighborhoods to put in I-40. You can’t wipe out people’s homes and expect change. That community never had the chance to create a safe and healthy environment that young couples could walk and not be plucked off the street. JMO

The senseless brutality of this crime still angers me. They started out looking for someone to rob and carjack. Fine, take the car and money. But taking Chris and Channon and what they did to them in the house was just about wanton cruelty, humiliation and degradation all for just for the sake of being mean. I am so glad that Boyd was eventually given a longer sentence. I think he was likely largely responsible for the brutality against Chris.

The senseless brutality of this crime still angers me. They started out looking for someone to rob and carjack. Fine, take the car and money. But taking Chris and Channon and what they did to them in the house was just about wanton cruelty, humiliation and degradation all for just for the sake of being mean. I am so glad that Boyd was eventually given a longer sentence. I think he was likely largely responsible for the brutality against Chris.
Amen! Push them out of the car & off you go.

They saw an additional opportunity and took it.

Their "mother" bred these satan spawns...she should be doing life with them.

Amen! Push them out of the car & off you go.

They saw an additional opportunity and took it.

Their "mother" bred these satan spawns...she should be doing life with them.
Another thing that bothers me is that Vanessa Coleman had a good family. She was raised in good home. She wasn't born into this life. She chose to join the life. I will never understand that.

JMO - Should not be limited to women and children. Children, elderly, and incapacitated/diminished mentality victims deserve extra consideration (enhanced sentences) and all others deserve full sentence for the offender.

Violent offenders are violent. It's especially heinous when perpetrated upon children, the elderly, and the indefensible.

Appeals court upholds conviction, death penalty for ‘ringleader’ in Newsom, Christian murders | WATE 6 On Your Side

published Aug 19, 2021 - WATE News

"A Tennessee appeals court on Thursday upheld the death penalty and guilty verdict for ringleader in the 2007 murders of Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian.

Lmarcus Davidson was found guilty and sentenced to death for his role in the murders. Davidson has appealed multiple times to have the verdict and the punishment overturned, taking his case from the appeals court to the Tennessee Supreme Court and now back to the lower court of appeals.

In the ruling, Judge Norma Mchee Ogle wrote the majority opinion in which justices acknowledged some mistakes brought up by the appeal did happen along the way, but justices did not find enough reason to grant a new trial or change the punishment."

Appeals court upholds conviction, death penalty for ‘ringleader’ in Newsom, Christian murders | WATE 6 On Your Side

published Aug 19, 2021 - WATE News

"A Tennessee appeals court on Thursday upheld the death penalty and guilty verdict for ringleader in the 2007 murders of Christopher Newsom and Channon Christian.

Lmarcus Davidson was found guilty and sentenced to death for his role in the murders. Davidson has appealed multiple times to have the verdict and the punishment overturned, taking his case from the appeals court to the Tennessee Supreme Court and now back to the lower court of appeals.

In the ruling, Judge Norma Mchee Ogle wrote the majority opinion in which justices acknowledged some mistakes brought up by the appeal did happen along the way, but justices did not find enough reason to grant a new trial or change the punishment."
I'm sure he has or will have appeals in federal courts, but I'd like to see Tennessee get an execution date scheduled for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back