TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's our one week notice for getting all our work and phone calls out of the way and canceling any pesky appointments for those two weeks. ;)

This trial makes me nervous. I feel for TK and LP, having so little hard admissible evidence to use to put this creep away. It's probably going to drive the parents crazy.

I just hope this jury is as astute as Davidson's, and that the judge allows that phone call. :prayer:

O man I am going to be counting on my good news crew here to keep me updated on this. I agree this is going to be a tough one. I know they can place him there, but I don't think a jury will put him to death and I am not even sure they will give him life behind bars I will be praying they do the right thing. He sure looks like he has used some hard core drugs for a long time.

Loose ends remain one day before George Thomas trial

The third of four defendants is expected to face a Chattanooga jury in a Knox County courtroom for the murders of Channon Christian and Chris Newsom on December 1st.

However, court rulings during a motions hearing on Monday could delay the trial and impact the case against 26-year old George Thomas.

http://www.wbir.com/news/local/newsom_story.aspx?storyid=106334&catid=177

According to KNS reporter Jamie Satterfield's twitter (http://twitter.com/jamiescoop) reports, the racially charged comment to a Knox County Sheriff's detective will come before the jury. Thomas' jail phone call with girlfriend Stacey Lawson will also come in.

Prayers with the families as they get ready for round 3 in this battle. Hopefully, another good outcome with this defendant.

I would love to see a transcript of Thomas's Interrogation, the phone call to Lawson, and the letters sent to Cobbins (signed "brothers w/ love united together" wth???). I wonder why there really isn't anything for us to read from Thomas? Will it be available during/after the trial?? Weird that Thomas's info is so hush, hush right? His and Boyd's Interrogation are the only 2 I can't find? Anyone else have any luck?

I can't seem to find the taped statements of Thomas. I've found the other three but not him. Can someone link me to his interrogation? Please. Thanks.

I can't seem to find the taped statements of Thomas. I've found the other three but not him. Can someone link me to his interrogation? Please. Thanks.

Hey lonetraveler...I was looking for the same and did some "googling" around to see what I could find. I found another board that has been discussing the case, and they had the same issue that they couldn't find his interrogation anywhere. So they emailed a news station about where to find it, and were informed that they were not made public because up until today's Motions hearing they weren't sure if they were even going to be admissable. So, after today's hearing and once they are introduced in trial they will become public. All per the other board I found (seemed pretty reputable??), so please take that with a huge grain of salt!

I'm hoping they are right because I think his interrogation is very telling, hence the reason it's been kept quiet so long.

It looks like my computer will not be fixed till tomorrow. I am posting from a bb. Can someone post live links tomorrow morning? Also jamies twitter link? I be reading here but not posting much.

It looks like my computer will not be fixed till tomorrow. I am posting from a bb. Can someone post live links tomorrow morning? Also jamies twitter link? I be reading here but not posting much.

Hey Suzi! I hope your computer gets fixed soon!! I'll be at work, but I can try to post the twitters (lol) as much as I can! I can't watch, but I can re-tweet!!!

Oh, no!

But yeah, I'll get the links up and between all of us, we should be able to keep everyone posted.

But only for tomorrow! :D If you're not back up and running smoothly by tomorrow evening, I'm hopping over there with an extra laptop. :crazy:

Should we start a new thread in the morning for the G Thomas trial?

Should we start a new thread in the morning for the G Thomas trial?

Reading my mind Muffet!! I don't know how to do that....or I would offer!! Suzi, you only get a one day pass....soooooo hurry it up!! Kidding, kidding. :) BTW, Muffet....thanks so much for your signature line I think we'll have a lot more people following this time around, as it should be!!! :)

Oooooo, and one last thing....I don't normally get in the office till about 10 or 10:30....so I can start covering Jamie's tweets once I get in!!

Reading my mind Muffet!! I don't know how to do that....or I would offer!! Suzi, you only get a one day pass....soooooo hurry it up!! Kidding, kidding. :) BTW, Muffet....thanks so much for your signature line I think we'll have a lot more people following this time around, as it should be!!! :)

Oooooo, and one last thing....I don't normally get in the office till about 10 or 10:30....so I can start covering Jamie's tweets once I get in!!

:thumb:

I'm sure someone will volunteer to get Jaimie's tweets until you arrive... If not, I will. Kiki will also be here to help us with live postings...

I'll start the new thread late tonight before I go to bed, so it'll be ready in the morning. :)

Hi y'all

I'm trying to get ready for tomorrow's trial. Is this trial going to be televised? I haven't really seen it confirmed yet. I truly hope so. Does anyone know?

Everyone, thank you so much! Good idea on starting a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500