Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging - Memphis #4 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that makes a lot of sense! It would explain why he didn't put much effort into hiding the evidence.
Could be drug/alcohol withdrawals?

I know this is a civilized nation and even he is afforded the right to healthcare but it’s quite infuriating to consider he has that access to care after so callously taking the life of a young mother
Or they are taking him for a forensic medical evaluation

I think he probably planned to move her body later or maybe he was going to put her in the crawlspace of the house. The sun was coming up and he didn’t want to be seen so maybe he was going to come back at dark. He didn’t realize everyone would be looking for her and LE would be hot on his tail so soon. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he’s done this before to other women and just hasn’t been caught. Police need to look for a link to him and other missing women. All MOO of course
hope they are fully investigating that vacant residence she was found out behind. FULLY as in crawl space/basement/everywhere in the interior and the exterior of the property. He chose that location to take her because he felt reasonably confident he would be unseen and uninterrupted. I don't think it is a stretch to imagine that Eliza may not have been his first murder victim. She could just be the first we know of. Someone linked a couple of threads ago, a list of missing females in the area over the past two years AH (f/k/a AC) was walking the streets. What struck me is most of those women don't even have a picture on the missing website, just their basic descriptions. This makes me wonder if some weren't more vulnerable, trafficking victims, drug users, homeless, etc.

Has anyone looked at UIDs found in and around the area in the past two years?

hope they are fully investigating that vacant residence she was found out behind. FULLY as in crawl space/basement/everywhere in the interior and the exterior of the property. He chose that location to take her because he felt reasonably confident he would be unseen and uninterrupted. I don't think it is a stretch to imagine that Eliza may not have been his first murder victim. She could just be the first we know of. Someone linked a couple of threads ago, a list of missing females in the area over the past two years AH (f/k/a AC) was walking the streets. What struck me is most of those women don't even have a picture on the missing website, just their basic descriptions. This makes me wonder if some weren't more vulnerable, trafficking victims, drug users, homeless, etc.

Has anyone looked at UIDs found in and around the area in the past two years?
I've started going through the MPs. There are 23 during the period he was out. Unfortunately, a lot of them have very, very little information on Namus. I plan to try to find more on newspapers.com and by searching online. There's one in particular that worked relatively close to where he lived, who disappeared on her lunch break from Walmart. I plan to work through the list of UIDs in Memphis as well. I wonder if there's a logical place for those who are interested to have a thread devoted just to potential victims of CA/CH.

In regards to lower functioning, remember, this perpetrator, was able to maintain activities of daily living, hold down employment, had cognition to steal credit cards from a woman's wallet, use those cards successfully...

He is demonstrating that he has average mental acuity to perform independent tasks without instruction, supervision or intervention. That precludes that he is unable to understand his actions or consequences. They can do all of the court ordered evaluations they want. This guy isn't very bright, but he ain't stupid. (Yeah, not a clinical term, but I am not a verified clincian).

HE SERVED HIS ENTIRE SENTENCE OF 20 years. He was not released early, was not paroled etc. it is customary to serve 85% and he did. Please stop repeating falsehoods. He was not let out, a 20 year sentence for a juvenile is extremely harsh sentencing. There is nothing gained from beating our chests saying he should have been LWOP at that age. He was sentenced and served that sentence according to the law at the time.
I agree. I do think, however, that the first time someone is arrested after being released from a 20 year sentence for Kidnapping with a gun (I’m sure there’s a technical term for that) there should be some ALERT, that requires higher bond, evaluation, ankle bracelet, supervision - something! I think it’s a big red flag that they do not intend to follow laws and they need to be supervised if only for 6 months to a year. I know we can’t stop them all but we need to do something. This should not have happened.

I think this one is also helpful with background/ record too (I included snippets of the text w/ link below):

"Cleotha Abston was only 11 years old when he first entered the Shelby County Juvenile Court as a delinquent, according to juvenile court records exclusively reviewed by Action News 5.

Over the next five years, he would be detained 16 times for charges ranging from aggravated assault to rape.

Abston’s first charge was filed in June 1995 for theft of property $500 or less. From October 1995 to May 2000, Abston was convicted of rape, aggravated assault and unlawful possession of a weapon.

His juvenile court records show Abston was part of the “LMG” gang, which stands for “Lemoyne Gardens Ganstas,” and that his father was incarcerated at the time of his first arrest.

Records also show that Abston’s rape victim, a male, was asked to testify in court. The rape charge was sustained and Abston was placed in the custody of Shelby County’s Youth Services Bureau.

In fact, Abston was placed in the custody of Youth Services multiple times as a young teen.

However, two weeks after he was released to his mother after a six-month stay, Abston committed his last juvenile crime before he was transferred to adult court.

Abston kidnapped Memphis Defense Attorney Kemper Durand at gunpoint in May 2000. Durand was able to yell for help while Abston was forcing him to withdraw money from an ATM.

Abston, who was 16 at the time of the crime, was tried as an adult and sentenced to 24 years in prison.

In 2009, Abston asked the court for an early release citing, in part, “ineffective counsel.”

However, a victim impact statement written by Durand discouraged Abston’s release saying he felt “extremely lucky” to have escaped and that Abston felt “absolutely no remorse for the crime.”

Abston served 20 years of his 24-year sentence for the Durand kidnapping, 85% of his term, and was released from Trousdale Turner Correctional Facility in November 2020.

According to the Tennessee Department of Corrections, he was released early due to credits he received for serving jail time before his sentence and for participating in the prison’s job program where Abston worked in the kitchen, laundry, cleaner, and as a cook.

Cleo Henderson, Abston’s father who was incarcerated when Abston was first arrested, is currently in prison for second-degree murder and is scheduled for release in 2044."

The apple certainly didn’t fall far from the tree!

For many years, I was uncertain about the death penalty, knowing that some innocent people had been and could be put to death. However, I have come full circle. DNA, digital data and a host of other technology has taken some of the uncertainty out of investigations. Regardless of CA’s mental health “issues”, clearly the man cannot be rehabilitated and under the circumstances,<modsnip> Sorry if that sounds harsh to some but this twisted misfit does not deserve to breathe the air he took away from EF. JMHO

Rest in sweet peace Eliza. Your goodness and love WILL be rewarded. Thoughts and prayers to her grieving family :*(.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do not believe he was released "early" according to the 85% rule, however does anyone really believe that he would have abstained from re-offending had he been kept in prison for another year or two? I sure don't!!
Whether or not we consider that serving the 85% vs. the entire sentence of 24 years is “early” or not, serving the entire 24 years would have precluded Eliza’s death.

Who knows, he may have died in prison in the meantime.

Sorry, I just realized I’m late to the conversation. Carry on…

Last edited:
I keep reading that CA/CH is an idiot, dumb, etc...has he ever had any cognitive testing? Could that be a line of defense for him? During my poking around on the web I came across this article and it gave me pause Intellectual Disability

There is so much evidence on him I can't think of any other defense

JMO
Unfortunately it is a defense for too many criminals these days. Imagine 250 years ago when few could read or write - I’m surprised anyone was alive (facetious). Too many IMO claim “low IQ” during sentencing and “I found the Lord” during their parole hearings. There’s a reason why we have that saying, “Don’t play dumb”

*Premonition: the greatest ammunition

I'm flummoxed by this unraveling of time, I'm losing my grip on myself. I know that nothing awful will happen on the other side of the door. If anything, I'm about to have a perfectly forgettable day: a class to teach, a meeting with colleagues, maybe a movie. But I'm afraid of forgetting something crucial—my cell phone or my identity card, my health insurance or my keys. And I'm afraid of running into trouble.
~Jhumpa Lahiri
Acclaimed Author
Sounds like me...OCD. people make jokes about it! But, seriously. I've heard it called 'women's intuition' Sorry, gentlemen no offense meant.

25% of individuals who commit homicide have mental health issues it it safe to say something appears to be fundamentally wrong with this suspect IMO
actually, the APA and NIH both estimate that less than 20% of ALL violent crimes are committed by people with mental illness...people with mental illness are far more likely to be victims of crime than perpetrators...

there are some people in this world who are just devoid of humanity and have no regard for the rights, property and lives of others...and it is completely unfair that they make the world unsafe for the rest of us...

Last edited:
The cleaning job sounded like a friend’s business, rather than a real job. I believe the vehicle also belonged to her.
The vehicle did not belong to her. It belonged to a person he was living with whose initials are GB, It is in the original complaint affidavit for his arrest. The cleaning business appears to be legit, could be a friend but was a "real job."

That's the puzzling part; he left her body outside the abandoned home, as if he didn't want to make any more effort to hide it, then he drove a few blocks to dump the clothes. Either he was lazy, or just wanted to get rid of everything and have the incident over with (perhaps disgusted by the results of his own actions?), or he may have thought police would find everything anyway, so it didn't matter how good a job he did at hiding evidence...?? We'll never know what was going through his mind. He's not talking to police. And the lawyer originally assigned to him has recused herself from the case. AFAIK a new one hasn't been appointed to him. He's currently without representation or advising.
Scroll down for the update about the defense recusing herself.
Wow. Was she a public defender?? The literal just 'tossing' aside of her remains blows my mind. I think it's a little of each of those things...imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
harleyrose