TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Further, MP said he was shopping with his mother at North (second word not clear to me, guess will have to listen to the interview a third time) Mall and would be home in about 20 minutes. I looked up Chattanooga Malls; there is a Northgate Mall, don’t know if that is the one he was referring to but that is 30 minutes from the SM home and 26 to 28 minutes from 1400 E Brow Rd. Interestingly, the mall was closer to E Brow Rd than the SM home on Ridge Rock Dr. MP’s mother’s apartment was also closer to E Brow Rd than the Ridge Rock Dr home [15 minutes from apt to Ridge Rock Dr using either the W Road ( 5.52 miles) (the W Road may have been closed, at least part of the day, on 4/30) or US Hwy 127 (6.27 miles); and 13 minutes from the apt to 1400 E Brow Rd using US Hwy 127 (5.77 miles), 10 minutes from the apt to 1400 E Brow Rd using the W Road (3.93 miles).

This distance/time from 40 Ridge Rock Dr, Signal Mountain, TN to 1400 E Brow Rd, Signal Mountain, TN or visa versa via Hampton Rd is 2.28 miles taking approximately 7 minutes to drive.

10) MP said he didn’t have any idea where Gail could be all the time from when she left the SM home in the afternoon on 4/30; yet, her mobile phone GPS locater specifically showed E Brow Rd, and MP reportedly had online capability to monitor Gail’s phone GPS. It was state upon finding Gail’s jeep that her mobile phone had been plugged in charging on 4/30 plus there was the phone ping on 5/2.

(Whether he knew on 4/30 or after LE compiled Gail’s phone records, it seems probable that MP and his CDT knew a significant amount of time before 12/1/2011 of Gail’s last known location.)

This is just touching the surface. More later…

BBM..Some1, he claims he was at a boutique at North Shore at 12:00 pm with his mother. The North Shore area is located directly across the river from downtown Chattanooga...He also claims Gail was home or almost home at that time..

As I see it... Eventhough it would be possible for him to arrive home in 20 minutes IF he dropped everything and walked out of the door of the boutique, I doubt he could have made it home by 12:15 as is being claimed NOW.
Also, it was a Saturday, Chattanooga was attempting to recover from the storms. Road crews, tree cutters, and insurance adjuster everywhere plus down tree and power lines.
IMHO..No way was he at North Shore at 12:00 pm and at home on Signal Mtn by 12:15 pm.
Also, the "W" was closed so there would have been even heavier traffic going up and down the mountain..IMHO...NO WAY

For the record..IMHO LE changing the time frame too is nothing but flat out hinky.. JMHO...

ETA..BTW..EXCELLENT OBSERVATIONS

Some1Nose: Great list of discrepancies!

3) MP said Gail told him she was going back to the AL lake house on 4/30; yet, said in his interview that the children said that Gail told them she was going out to make calls to her cousin, Sherry, on 4/30.

Yes, in that interview he says multiple times that "Gail told us she was going back to the Lake House" which makes no sense because he asked the children and they said she had gone out to make phone calls. That's a huge contradiction - weren't the kids scared when Mom didn't come home? Why would she turn around and go right back to Alabama anyway? It's a four hour drive.

You know, another one I noticed, and I'm not sure what it means, but he said that "if not for the tornadoes" then his son would have been getting some award that morning. Was that the original reason for Gail having to bring the boy back? And then the Scout meeting or ballgame or whatever was cancelled due to the tornadoes? I'm unclear on that one because I couldn't really decipher what he was talking about.

5) MP said in the Channel 9 interview he came home from the MN insurance conference on 4/30. MP did not even attend the conference but instead was off philandering around with his co-worker and returned home on 4/29.

Right - everyone knows that was why he was let go from BC/BS.

7) MP said AD was interfering in Gail’s case and was not Gail’s friend; yet, Gail gave AD important documents and a DVD recording of an altercation between MP and Gail for safe keeping. Gail gave AD specific directions not to give the DVD to anyone else.

Further, MP admittedly had to look-up Gail’s “good” friends in her old year books.

Exactly. And to me, the biggest contradiction about AD, which he states several times, is that he questioned why she would be looking around his property, but then later on in the interview admitted that she worked for him as a caretaker of the same property. :maddening:

That drives me batty, and if he's been saying that same crap to LE the whole time, they should have wondered why he was lying about things that were easily verifiable. It's a pattern of behavior, just as he lies even now about going to the conference for BC/BS.

I assume the Palmgrens paid AD to be their caretaker. I'm sure she had canceled checks or receipts, plus obviously she had Gail's papers, and Gail had money in an envelope for AD! And all the pictures that AD had of Gail in which she looks perfectly happy - obviously they were friends.

Face it - if not for AD and Gail's sister, MP would never have reported her missing and just gone his merry way. :twocents:

8) MP said in his January 2012 interview, he arrived at the SM home at 12:15 pm on 4/30 and indicated he didn’t see Gail. Yet, the neighbor, SB, said she saw Gail leave the SM home at 12:15 pm on 4/30.

Further, SB stated to the authorities that she saw MP arrive home 10 or so minutes later.
The timeline is just so suspect, in my opinion. Someone is off on the times. I think MP has gone back and changed his time to match the cellphone drop in the records. There was no reason for SB to lie about the times.

9) MP said in the interview he did not talk to Gail on 4/30; but, then turned around and said, in the same interview, that he talked to her one time wherein Gail asked where he was.

Further, MP said he was shopping with his mother at North (second word not clear to me, guess will have to listen to the interview a third time) Mall and would be home in about 20 minutes. I looked up Chattanooga Malls; there is a Northgate Mall, don’t know if that is the one he was referring to but that is 30 minutes from the SM home and 26 to 28 minutes from 1400 E Brow Rd. Interestingly, the mall was closer to E Brow Rd than the SM home on Ridge Rock Dr. MP’s mother’s apartment was also closer to E Brow Rd than the Ridge Rock Dr home [15 minutes from apt to Ridge Rock Dr using either the W Road ( 5.52 miles) (the W Road may have been closed, at least part of the day, on 4/30) or US Hwy 127 (6.27 miles); and 13 minutes from the apt to 1400 E Brow Rd using US Hwy 127 (5.77 miles), 10 minutes from the apt to 1400 E Brow Rd using the W Road (3.93 miles).

This distance/time from 40 Ridge Rock Dr, Signal Mountain, TN to 1400 E Brow Rd, Signal Mountain, TN or visa versa via Hampton Rd is 2.28 miles taking approximately 7 minutes to drive.

I think I can clear this up - he didn't say he was at a mall. I believe he said was at a boutique with his mother on the North Shore, which is just across the River from downtown Chattanooga on Frazier Ave. If you plot a course from the north side of the Market Street Bridge back up to Signal, it would probably take about 20 minutes or a little more depending on the traffic that day. He would drive five minutes through North Chatt, through the Stringer's Ridge Tunnel, five minutes to get to the bottom of the mountain, then up in about five also. (It would take me longer, but I'm not a fast driver.)

If Gail called from the freeway as she was getting off to go up the mountain, he definitely could have met her at the top within a short amount of time.

ETA: I just saw EmeraldGem's post, and I agree that it's a very tight time frame he is giving himself. And as I wrote above, I couldn't drive from there to Signal in 20 minutes. Sometimes on Saturday there is quite a bit of traffic on the North Shore and there are pedestrian crosswalks everywhere, and several traffic lights he had to go through both there and in Red Bank.

Another problem is, if the mother was buying something, how did they get out of a store and into the car so fast? Was he really just shopping with his mother anyway, or was that another lie?

10) MP said he didn’t have any idea where Gail could be all the time from when she left the SM home in the afternoon on 4/30; yet, her mobile phone GPS locater specifically showed E Brow Rd, and MP reportedly had online capability to monitor Gail’s phone GPS. It was state upon finding Gail’s jeep that her mobile phone had been plugged in charging on 4/30 plus there was the phone ping on 5/2.

(Whether he knew on 4/30 or after LE compiled Gail’s phone records, it seems probable that MP and his CDT knew a significant amount of time before 12/1/2011 of Gail’s last known location.)

That is just creepy and freaky. :( If anyone knew where she was and didn't try to search for her, there's something rotten in Denmark.

BBM..Some1, he claims he was at a boutique at North Shore at 12:00 pm with his mother. The North Shore area is located directly across the river from downtown Chattanooga...He also claims Gail was home or almost home at that time..

As I see it... Eventhough it would be possible for him to arrive home in 20 minutes IF he dropped everything and walked out of the door of the boutique, I doubt he could have made it home by 12:15 as is being claimed NOW.
Also, it was a Saturday, Chattanooga was attempting to recover from the storms. Road crews, tree cutters, and insurance adjuster everywhere plus down tree and power lines.
IMHO..No way was he at North Shore at 12:00 pm and at home on Signal Mtn by 12:15 pm.
Also, the "W" was closed so there would have been even heavier traffic going up and down the mountain..IMHO...NO WAY

For the record..IMHO LE changing the time frame too is nothing but flat out hinky.. JMHO...

ETA..BTW..EXCELLENT OBSERVATIONS

You know, I didn't even think about the road crews and fallen power lines that day. Were there boutiques open in North Chattanooga that day? Did they have electricity? I hope police asked to see a printed receipt.

And I edited my post above to say that you're right about the time frame for driving from the North Shore to Signal - he would almost have to turn corners on two wheels to make up that fast, not to mention running red lights. It's not impossible if someone was speeding a little, but how did he get out of the North Shore area that quickly if he was parked at a meter and had to go past all the pedestrian crosswalks and stop lights.

Of course, most people were trapped at home that day. I almost can't believe anyone was shopping at a boutique instead of a hardware store or grocery store.

This case is so strange because MP makes it sound as if everything was just as normal as pie that day, but it was the biggest disaster in Chattanooga history (as you and I both well know because we were dealing with it).

Some1Nose: Great list of discrepancies!

That is just creepy and freaky. :( If anyone knew where she was and didn't try to search for her, there's something rotten in Denmark.

Snipped

BBM.. Or in this case.. Chattanooga, Signal Mtn, Hamilton County...JMHO

This post lands at random-

LE has made a determination on this case, so no more accusations can be made regarding any of the case players. Known behaviors can be discussed and certainly the details of the accident report but please dont even allude to accusations of criminal behavior.

Thank you!

This has bugged me since Gail was found... not knowing for sure whether W Road was open. Emeralgem, back on 5/15/11, you said your brother-in-law confirmed that the W Road was OPEN after the tornados. So, Gail may have been heading towards W Road to go down the mountain.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

Yes, he did say the "W" was open after the tornados, but he and my sister-n-law left the mountain for a destination wedding before Saturday..I'm thinking they left Signal for a flight out of Atlanta either on Wednesday or on a Thursday afternoon..I left early in the am on Saturday morning for the same destination wedding.JMHO

This is probably of no consequence, but I can't figure out why Gail would have to drive somewhere to call her sister (Aunt Shelly). They had a big back yard. Couldn't she have taken her cell phone out there to make the call with privacy ? I guess I'm questioning whether that is really what she told her kids (when she drove away). Or she told them that because she was going to do something else she didn't want to reveal?

I hope it's okay to ask this question: has Gail's family said anything about LE's determination?

This is probably of no consequence, but I can't figure out why Gail would have to drive somewhere to call her sister (Aunt Shelly). They had a big back yard. Couldn't she have taken her cell phone out there to make the call with privacy ? I guess I'm questioning whether that is really what she told her kids (when she drove away). Or she told them that because she was going to do something else she didn't want to reveal?

I hope it's okay to ask this question: has Gail's family said anything about LE's determination?

Columbo, I though he said the name was Sherry and she was Gail's cousin but I could be wrong.....
Like you, I wonder WHY she would have to drive somewhere to place a call too... But there are alot of things I'm wondering about concerning this case so it just another question to add to my long list......JMHO

Columbo, I though he said the name was Sherry and she was Gail's cousin but I could be wrong.....
Like you, I wonder WHY she would have to drive somewhere to place a call too... But there are alot of things I'm wondering about concerning this case so it just another question to add to my long list......JMHO

Emeralgem, I am sorry--you are so right! I must be getting confused and need to double check my posts :blushing:. Sherry is her cousin. Now you're making me wonder why she'd call her cousin at that time? Unless they are close or something. And of course, the question still stands, why would she have to leave the vicinity to do this?

Emeralgem, I am sorry--you are so right! I must be getting confused and need to double check my posts :blushing:. Sherry is her cousin. Now you're making me wonder why she'd call her cousin at that time? Unless they are close or something. And of course, the question still stands, why would she have to leave the vicinity to do this?

If Gail in fact said that to the children as MP stated during his C9 interview; it has been indicated that Gail was very protective of her children and cautious talking about marital problems in front of them which could be why she chose to go to another location as well as the fact that she didn't seem to feel safe and secure in being at the SM home on 4/30 without LE present, :cow:

Gail may have been betrayed by someone, imo, it may have been the w/e of Easter. Think of all the things that happened between that w/e and the 30th...and her response to them. I mean, it apparently got to the point she was afraid to go home.

One thing, I'll never understand is why she left the house....and not MP. He had his mother down in the valley to go to...and she had to drive 4 hours one way with those children. ???

I need to go back to the time around of the air search 6/11 and see what was going on at that time in the media, LE, here, etc. HCSO was called in on 5/16 and a day(s) later all the computers were being confiscated by MM and his trip to AL, the letter and demanding the security tapes, etc.

JMO

I heard this lovely quote last night on the television show "Body of Proof" and wanted to share it with all of you.

It made me think of Gail and her loved ones.

"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die." ~Thomas Campbell

Not released to the public, this is correct. But there was mention of a cell ping received rom Gail's phone on 5/2/11. Her phone GPS picked up E Brow Rd and Hampton Rd, I believe.

Interesting to say the least when you take into consideration LE is claiming her phone pinged off Signal Mtn at 12:38 pm on Saturday the 30th from a tower located near Signal Mtn..JMHO

Interesting to say the least when you take into consideration LE is claiming her phone pinged off Signal Mtn at 12:38 pm on Saturday the 30th from a tower located near Signal Mtn..JMHO

Yeppers!

I wonder why the TN Governor's office did not offer a reward in Gail's case as rewards were assigned to other missing females' cases in TN, recently.

I wonder why there didn't seem to be a large scale LE search for Gail when other recent cases have generated such searches.

I wonder why SAR K9s weren't used to search off the sides of SM cliffs early on.

I wonder why more interviews weren't conducted.

I wonder why anyone would believe Gail left for seven months on her own accord without getting in touch with someone.

I wonder how a vehicle can move a 472 pound flat (vs. round) boulder for 127+ feet. IMO, I'm not sure that boulder was there on 4/30. I'm not implying criminal activity...

Just wondering about the hows and the whys!

I understand that the investigators arrived at a conclusion, albeit admittedly inconclusive, but there will always be questions that remain due to the complexity of this case, missing facts and intuitive insights of pieces not fitting together quite right.

All IMHO.

Wonder what the time spread was for the cell signal on E Brow...and then the one with the change in altitude?

Wonder what the time spread was for the cell signal on E Brow...and then the one with the change in altitude?

12:26 cell pings indicate in the vicinity of East Brow-Hampton Rd
12:38 a drop in elevation. Cell pinging from a tower near Signal Mtn.

12 minutes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member