TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing we can be sure of is that what ever has happened to this lady, has happened because of a pending very very ugly divorce and probably custody battle.

This relationship was nearly at the divorce stage. And for us who have been or nearly been there, you can just imagine what their fights were like, especially as this pair would have had a bit of money and assets to fight over. ie " I'll tell them you were nuts and you wont get the children"........"I'll take the house and half the money in the bank account and you'll have to pay me alimony as well".........and that is putting it nicely!

It has been said that he also abused her mentally and physically, so I am betting things like "I'll hire someone to bump you off" may have been said and maybe often and this may be why she was paranoid about cars following her, and who is not to say that he didnt hire a PI to try and take photos to substantiate she was nuts etc or scare her. It is happening all of the time.

I am sure this lady was a wreck because of the stresses and what would have been said to her and threats made.

I am also sure that this divorce was to be ugly because of money and children.

It would be so much easier for him if she wasnt around wouldnt it....gets the kids, the house, the money and the girlfriend with no huge court battles.

It also would make sense that she would run from this tense situation to get her head together with the view of returning to fight for custody of the children.

What doesnt make sense is running without a credit card unless she had cash, and now after this amount of time, not making any contact with anyone.

Have they searched the mountain for any car wrecks???? I really dont like the idea of the neighbour confirming she may have been followed. Maybe he doesnt have blood on his hands, he just paid for it.

MOO

In the Julie Ann Gonzalez case, she went missing and her husband told LE she left their daughter with him to go away for the weekend. There were messages posted from her mobile phone to her Facebook saying she wanted to get away but her family said the posts didn't sound like her and she'd never leave her daughter (she was trying to get a divorce from husband). It was speculated that husband used her mobile and posted those messages himself. Anyway, LE bought the husband's story and didn't do much until her family contacted Jane Velez-Mitchell and Jane aired the story multiple times. Then all of a sudden LE got a search warrant and gave a statement (Julie Ann is still missing).

As others have mentioned, it would be good if we could all contact Jane Velez-Mitchell about Gail. I sent an email via website and regular email - below is link to comment form and email address.

http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?106
Jane@CNN.com

One thing we can be sure of is that what ever has happened to this lady, has happened because of a pending very very ugly divorce and probably custody battle.

This relationship was nearly at the divorce stage. And for us who have been or nearly been there, you can just imagine what their fights were like, especially as this pair would have had a bit of money and assets to fight over. ie " I'll tell them you were nuts and you wont get the children"........"I'll take the house and half the money in the bank account and you'll have to pay me alimony as well".........and that is putting it nicely!

It has been said that he also abused her mentally and physically, so I am betting things like "I'll hire someone to bump you off" may have been said and maybe often and this may be why she was paranoid about cars following her, and who is not to say that he didnt hire a PI to try and take photos to substantiate she was nuts etc or scare her. It is happening all of the time.

I am sure this lady was a wreck because of the stresses and what would have been said to her and threats made.

I am also sure that this divorce was to be ugly because of money and children.

It would be so much easier for him if she wasnt around wouldnt it....gets the kids, the house, the money and the girlfriend with no huge court battles.

It also would make sense that she would run from this tense situation to get her head together with the view of returning to fight for custody of the children.

What doesnt make sense is running without a credit card unless she had cash, and now after this amount of time, not making any contact with anyone.

Have they searched the mountain for any car wrecks???? I really dont like the idea of the neighbour confirming she may have been followed. Maybe he doesnt have blood on his hands, he just paid for it.

MOO

I agree with this type scenario... she probably never has had a history of mental disorder, but with an act like this going on she had to have been on verge of collapse. I sure hope she is resting up somewhere with a good counselor nearby.

Here's a transcript of the press conference for those who can't hear it or pull it up at work:

Janice Atkinson (JA)
Public Information Officer
Hamilton County Sheriff's Office

[snipped]

R2: Janice can you tell us what kind of efforts are being made to find her by the police dept if you can't comment on the details yet?

JA: every effort, every avenue to locate her is being done by SMPD and HCSO.

R2: can you tell us if there have been any searches that have been done? officers going out and looking in certain areas where she might be?

JA: not from the sheriff's office standpoint. There is a plan for something later on this week.

[snipped]

Thank you so much for transcribing this.

BBM. Hmm, something later on this week. How's that for a sense of urgency?

How disappointing that neither Chief Boyd Veal nor Det. Tizzio were at the "press conference" to show support for Gail and the family.

I wish I could make this make sense to me, but I can't.

If she planned to fight for them, she would never leave them. If she had wanted to run without them to "get her head together," she would not have taken them to Alabama the day before she disappeared. My opinion....unfortunately.

Furthermore, I would speculate that there must have been some plan in place to manipulate her to leave the house alone. Without the children. Whoever wanted her to disappear did not want the children to disappear with her.

UPDATE: Sheriff assisting in search for missing mother
Posted: May 17, 2011 12:30 PM EDT Updated: May 17, 2011 6:27 PM EDT

Watch this video. Starting at 00:55, a dispatcher is communicating a "be on the lookout" broadcast. At 01:08, it shows the dispatcher's screen. There are several entries regarding Gail. One says "She has left various items w/friends in case something happened to her"

Attached is the screenshot.

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14661367

Whoa! :websleuther: Great catch on that picture! :woohoo:

I have a copy of the separation filing but have been asked not to post it, and I am going to respect that.

But there is one thing I can clarify, According to the doc, the accounts she changed the PIN on were her own retirement accounts,all in her own name.

Also, the RO is specifically a request for a temporary RO to prevent her from taking the kids out of the county.

If there is other information I can post, I will.

Thanks to fbx.

[/B]
Fran, BBM
I think he filed a restraining order instead.

That must have been part of the muffled/inaudible press conference:

MP: please come home Gail, but when you do make sure you're at least 200 feet from the house.

I wonder what Gail left with her friends? Evidence she was collecting? The jewelry? Letters to her kids?

I agree with this type scenario... she probably never has had a history of mental disorder, but with an act like this going on she had to have been on verge of collapse. I sure hope she is resting up somewhere with a good counselor nearby.
You know what? This is exactly what I am hoping.

Gail if you are out there, take care of yourself, but let someone know where you are!

The husband waited how many weeks to put a plea out to Gail?
The husband said himself, when he was saying she's done this before, 'but she always stayed in touch with the children.'

The husband's hired criminal defense attorneys accompanying him to the pc, speaks VOLUMES!

Unfortunately, I think we saw the uphill battle that those who CARE for Gail are faced in order to get SOMEONE to REALLY look for Gail.

I admit, this doesn't look good for Gail IF she's NOT out there somewhere and someone did something to her. I can see the names STEBIC or
STACY PETERSON written all over this unsolved bin this is headed for!

Oh My Goodness!

:mad:
JMHO
fran

PS>.....oh, does anyone know if Matt gave out his new cell phone number IF his wife decided to call? Or does he already know, she won't be needing it, after all? :(

OMG - that's a great point about the cellphone number. But to me the restraining order is really proof of his true feelings - he doesn't want her to come back, apparently, even if she is in trouble or has "mental" issues (according to him).

Why are all these cases so similar? It often boggles my mind. And they all start out the same way but end badly (if they ever end at all).

:aktion1:

Withdrawing $420K from a joint account on a single day without the other signatory's authorization? I don't think so. I'd be shocked if she (or MP for that matter) could have withdrawn even $5K cash in a day. I call BS on this... :aktion1:

This video is Extermely UNLIKELY...not just for reasons above, but because the accounts with the changed PIN #'s are retirement accounts with Fidelity. Since when do you walk-up to withdraw from these type of accounts??

qv. Ex-parte motion for restraining order and temporary custody. Point# 7

I wonder what Gail left with her friends? Evidence she was collecting? The jewelry? Letters to her kids?

Those hotel receipts she thought were connected to her husband's affair with a co-worker? Her friend next-door seemed to know about them.

There's no reason for a man to get a hotel room in downtown Chattanooga when he lives on Signal Mt. unless there's something going on. And it would be close to where he works.

Other co-workers probably knew about this all along and didn't say anything for fear of getting in trouble themselves. My husband had a boss once who was sneaking around with a co-worker, and even got the woman a promotion so they would have a reason to leave the office together.

They were both married, too, but clearly thought they had everyone fooled. They would text each other during meetings and meet in the parking lot on their lunch hour. They finally got caught when the secretary stopped covering for them, and their supervisor (who was in Nashville) figured out that there was really no work going on when they were out of the office. Since the man involved was a manager himself, they fired him. The woman kept her job and went back to her husband (from what I know).

Someone always knows about clandestine affairs. People who think they are getting away with it or that it's a "victimless" thing to do are kidding themselves.

A neighbor stated that she saw Gail leave that day so its very possible that LE takes it that she left on her own and doesn't place a priority on this case even though she is unaccounted for. What I would like to ask is what kind of a husband will file for a divorce from his wife and go after custody of his children when his wife is missing? I know LE cannot search the family home without probable cause but if something turns up to show foul play may play a factor they are going to be all over this husband. In my opinion he has made some stupid moves that will make him look guilty if it turns out to be foul play. My heart and prayers go out to Gail, her children and family. I hope she is found soon. Such a sad case.

I think he handles medicare policies etc for BCBST? his title is something like director of government business. to me, while a very respectable job and likely quite high paying, it is not one I find intimidating in any way. it's medicare for crying out loud, healthcare for the elderly not for the mob. and any respectable police officer (not all of them are...no offense) wouldn't care about it and would immediately be suspicious of any pressure from anybody not to investigate him as a potential suspect. IF they took the case seriously at all and were not sure she disappeared voluntarily.

Actually, I was just curious about the number of subordinates he would have had working for him...

bolded by me.

Now THAT is interesting, MacGyver!!! The sound was so bad, I didn't hear this right! I thought he said "we love you".

Nope. He named their names (_____ and _____ love you).

Do we know if MP's mom and dad were at the "press conference"?

Are Gail's folks there?

Gail's mom passed away in 1981; her dad passed away in 2007. May they rest in peace. They were wonderful people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname