TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if it is quicker to go down the front or the back of the mountain to Grandma's?

The divorce filing was made May 6. The divorce atty is a criminal defense attorney. So the earliest we know for certain he retained an attorney is 5-6-11.

We also know that he does have a PI looking for clues and information over at Arlene Dunham's house.

I don't recall anyone saying the divorce or legal separation had been filed. A 'legal separation' is a waste of money (may cost as much as a divorce) and only allows for child support arrangements that can be made through the child support court.

In most cases, of high a asset divorce, one would not hire a criminal attorney, one would hire a good divorce attorney.

Only items officially filed were:
(1)EX-PARTE MOTION FOR
RESTRAINING ORDER AND
TEMPORARY CUSTODY
(2) EX-PARTE MOTION FOR
EXCLUSIVE USE OF POSSESSION
OF MARITAL RESIDENCE

http://www.hamiltontn.gov/courts/Chancery/dockets/data/052311.pdf
==============
Davis and Hoss, PC.. both live on Signal Mountain. They do not advertise a divorce practice once in the bio (that I saw). "Mr. Hoss also represents law enforcement officers of the Fraternal Order of Police and the Police Benevolent Association who have been either disciplined by their Department or find themselves named as a Defendant in a civil rights case. Over the last ten (10) years, you will find that Mr. Hoss has been dispatched to multiple shooting scenes and has successfully defended those police officers who were defending the good citizens of Hamilton County".

http://www.davis-hoss.com/bryan-hoss/

It appears MP hired a criminal attorney with a supportive connection to the police, and a PI who is a retired Police Captain of Chattanooga, it could be coincidence, unless of course they are good friends.

Does anyone know if it is quicker to go down the front or the back of the mountain to Grandma's?

Grandma meaning MP's mother? It would be quicker to go down the W Rd which is on the side of the mountain because it goes directly to Mtn Creek Rd. If you go down the back, you go to Dunlap. If you go down the front, you stay on Signal Mtn Rd.

MP's mother lives near the bottom of the mountain closer to the W road than the front of the mountain, unless someone doesn't like to take the W. Palmgren's residence exits out of their subdivdision closest to the W Road to travel off the mountain (unless pulling a trailer, etc.) it has 2 hairpin turns.

You are sooooo right!!!!!!!
IMHO whatever the circumstance (took off, foul play, whatever) why didn't LE at least LOOOK?

KWIM

:>)

SMPD does NOT have the resources to deal with this type of case. It's not their fault, they just do not have the resources. MP was not pressing the issue, and until GP's sister got into town and (I assume) demanded action, SMPD saw it necessary to call in Hamilton County Sheriff's office who also services Walden's Ridge patrol (part of Signal, but out of Signal Mountain town limits).

Thanks for that info happy409.. I really don't like the way things are shaping up to be.. Criminal attorney not family law practice/divorce ATTY.. And all of these loosely tied to LE.. I certainly pray that everyones priority stay on Gail's being found and the childrens best interest..

The divorce filing was made May 6. The divorce atty is a criminal defense attorney. So the earliest we know for certain he retained an attorney is 5-6-11.

We also know that he does have a PI looking for clues and information over at Arlene Dunham's house.

I should have said apparent, rather than no attempt...sorry about that.

The PI said he was having trouble getting people to co-operate, and was hopeful that taking part in the search over the weekend would encourage more people to help him. That was an awesome idea...collaboration was actually a possibility for a while, and he was likely right about the effect. It was so exciting and encouraging to hear that. Why on earth didn't he end up coming? Maybe he was part of the effort down in Alabama instead?

Also...Matt's arm/wrist being bandaged was directed at a comment about husband abuse Vs wife abuse by 10EC_DAD. There have been a couple of different stories about how and when it happened (both before and after 30th), and I didn't mean to imply anything sinister since I have no idea how or when it happened, just that it was observed. Most of 10EC_DAD's comments I can find fault with, but in this case he was quite correct that no-one interpreted it as abuse to Matt!

But didn't she stop at the house?

Didn't a neighbor see her leave the house? Did the neighbor see another car? From accounts here, she is smart. Why leave the kids alone? Why not alert the neighbor?

Dad, we don't know if someone was in the vehicle with her and forcing her to leave. I could see her leaving the children knowing her spouse was on his way to the residence versus being forced into a confrontation with her husband in front of her children. In the state of TN the 12 year old was old enough to stay at home alone and for that matter babysit the young child for a short period of time. Something had this poor lady rattled but that doesn't mean that she has mental issues. Sounds to me like her whole world was crashing around her and she didn't know which way to turn. As I've stated many times, I was lucky I had my family and close friends pulling me through what I went through and I wouldn't wish what I went through on my worst enemy. Not all people are as fortunate as I was.

Here is something else to think about. Women can be more vicious than men when it comes to matters of the heart. We know the gf's name but we don't know anything about her. I dealt with two gf at the same time which made it double trouble for me but the two didn't know anything about each other, but I did. For all we know this gf could be the one who has been reeking all the havic on Gail, like having friends follow her and call her. We don't know what this girl is capable of doing.

The PI said he was having trouble getting people to co-operate, and was hopeful that taking part in the search over the weekend would encourage more people to help him. That was an awesome idea...collaboration was actually a possibility for a while, and he was likely right about the effect. It was so exciting and encouraging to hear that. Why on earth didn't he end up coming? Maybe he was part of the effort down in Alabama instead?

Also...Matt's arm/wrist being bandaged was directed at a comment about husband abuse Vs wife abuse by 10EC_DAD. There have been a couple of different stories about how and when it happened (both before and after 30th), and I didn't mean to imply anything sinister since I have no idea how or when it happened, just that it was observed. Most of 10EC_DAD's comments I can find fault with, but in this case he was quite correct that no-one interpreted it as abuse to Matt!

Huh? You lost me fbx. :) Have I missed some posts? I'm not doubting you at all, but is this info you gleaned from an article or people you have had contact with? Regarding the PI coming to the search and Matt's bandaged arm? Maybe I'm confused because of the late hour? Can I assume this was conversation at the vigil or search this weekend? TIA

You obviously are not aware of my past.

Thanks for sharing the background of many here. That gives me a better insight to their posts.

I try to view things objectively and see each case by it own merits.

Two questions for your thoughts and objectivity:

Why has Matt not offered a reward for his wife's return.? Alive or otherwise. Wouldn't he want to get on with the divorce/settlement and get back to work?

There are rumors (which I believe are pretty well confirmed) that Matt was having an affair. If true, why wouldn't he just move out? He would be with the person he wanted to be and cause less chaos with his wife and kids?

Two questions for your thoughts and objectivity:

Why has Matt not offered a reward for his wife's return.? Alive or otherwise. Wouldn't he want to get on with the divorce/settlement and get back to work?

There are rumors (which I believe are pretty well confirmed) that Matt was having an affair. If true, why wouldn't he just move out? He would be with the person he wanted to be and cause less chaos with his wife and kids?

I think it all comes down to the divorce. I've never been married or divorced, so I don't really know how that works, but bad divorce odds have been the M.O for many a murder...

I'm not the person who was arguing she dropped the kids off because of a person following her.

and I agree. It seems very unlikely she dropped the kids off BECAUSE someone was following her. I couldn't imagine a mother leaving a 9 and 12 year old alone in the house and HOPE the bad guy comes for her instead.

We haven't heard from the kids, of course. Maybe she didn't leave them alone. Maybe someone was at the house when she left.

That just now occurred to me, and frankly, it's kind of creepy. I had been assuming she left planning only to be gone momentarily, but maybe that's not what happened at all.

Interesting. When 10EC_DAD made the comment earlier ([ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6545532&postcount=637"]here[/ame]) about Matt being bruised, I thought it was a hypothetical. I didn't realize he was referring to Matt's arm and wrist being bandaged in reality.

It's interesting that Matt had an injury like that, but unfortunate that we don't know what kind of injury or even when it happened.

Wrist injury happened during a golf outting with his brother Keith in early April.

What makes me even more sad--and mad--is that there was absolutely no search until last Saturday--3 weeks later!!! If she did have an accident on those curvy backcountry roads, she could have needed help and it never came.

Please help us find Gail Marie!!!

:truce:

Respectfully, we dont know what other things they were running down at the time that might have directed them away from Signal Mountain, and even TN. Beyond that, we dont know what unpublicized searches were done for her on the trails etc. If anyone knows differently and can link to a source indicating that LE was not looking for her, please correct me.

I think that SMPD rallied to participate in a civilian search that, if I recall correctly, they were not formally invited to join? At that time, the week before, they had physically searched the lakehouse property and were making plans to search the waterways with sonar equipment. It does take planning to do it all safely and effectively....

I absolutely understand the perception here that things arent moving fast enough-but I have seen enough to know that they are doing a solid job and this is an active investigation. IMVHO.

I just want to do a place holder here, and remind everyone that Atruefriend is a verified local and a friend of Gail's. :) We appreciate the perspective and the help.

You're right about being able to quit her job anytime for full time mom-dom. The thing is though, that being a very successful professional she wouldn't have really considered it...BUT when it happened, she quickly figured our that being a full time mom is a fabulous gift to be treasured and enjoyed while you can!!!

I'm not aware of any other relationship....find it hard to believe though.
I asked why you thought she felt that she was alone for a very specific reason.
You should have noticed by now though, that she had many people around her that care for her and in whom she has a great deal of trust. Her sister and Brother-in-law have sacrificed 3 weeks of their lives so far in an attempt to locate her...what of their jobs and lives at home?

You make a very good point that it is hard to leave a profession. Perhaps she did find full time motherhood as rewarding. I certainly hope so.

Now, take what I said about being alone in the proper context. She was losing a husband, to what she believed was to another woman, and she had noone, in a romantic relationship, to go to. That is a tough emational position to be in.

Add that situation to losing your job and it is even harder. This is especially true for someone who was having some emotional troubles.

I don't recall anyone saying the divorce or legal separation had been filed. A 'legal separation' is a waste of money (may cost as much as a divorce) and only allows for child support arrangements that can be made through the child support court.

In most cases, of high a asset divorce, one would not hire a criminal attorney, one would hire a good divorce attorney.

Only items officially filed were:
(1)EX-PARTE MOTION FOR
RESTRAINING ORDER AND
TEMPORARY CUSTODY
(2) EX-PARTE MOTION FOR
EXCLUSIVE USE OF POSSESSION
OF MARITAL RESIDENCE

http://www.hamiltontn.gov/courts/Chancery/dockets/data/052311.pdf
==============
Davis and Hoss, PC.. both live on Signal Mountain. They do not advertise a divorce practice once in the bio (that I saw). "Mr. Hoss also represents law enforcement officers of the Fraternal Order of Police and the Police Benevolent Association who have been either disciplined by their Department or find themselves named as a Defendant in a civil rights case. Over the last ten (10) years, you will find that Mr. Hoss has been dispatched to multiple shooting scenes and has successfully defended those police officers who were defending the good citizens of Hamilton County".

http://www.davis-hoss.com/bryan-hoss/

It appears MP hired a criminal attorney with a supportive connection to the police, and a PI who is a retired Police Captain of Chattanooga, it could be coincidence, unless of course they are good friends.
He also filed for legal separation, I actually have the document in my hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member