TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
MP's current position: •Director, Government Business and Emerging Markets at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee (per his linkedin profile).

<snip>
They do not state who he would be working with, but recently BCBS lost the local contract to Cigna (article below). With this being the headquarters for the state of Tennessee, I assume he would manage employees in that department statewide, as well as deal with the government business sector. :waitasec:

Breaking News ~ County Switches From BlueCross To Cigna
posted May 26, 2011.
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_202163.asp

Happy: My husband works for the State of Tennessee which has thousands of employees all over the state. They are still covered by BCBS, and the program is called TennesseeBluePreferred. Coverage includes a pharmacy benefit. So MP would still have lots and lots of clients in the State, plus other large cities here may still use BCBS for their city or county employees.

It's only the local County government that switched to Cigna. They probably got some kind of deal.

New Search Planned:

Chatt.Times-Free-Press: Search Planned Sunday June 5th

About 10 ATVs, several hikers and cyclists will search Signal Mountain trails for missing local Gail Palmgren on Sunday afternoon.

Searchers hope to find signs of Palmgren’s red Jeep, which went missing along with her on April 30.

Volunteers will form search parties at Pruett’s on Signal Mountain at 2 p.m. Sunday.

snipped...

Just a few thoughts that are my own, this is in no way facts nor been reported any where.
Did Gail leave the cards behind when she left Friday, it sounds like she was leaving under what we would say were stressful circumstances. Could this have triggered the return trip the next day, as she had been leaving important papers etc with friends, would she have thought it was important enough to travel back home if she had left behind credit cards.

If she came back just for the cards, then it would be odd that she would forget them again at 12:15 the next day when she left and Susie saw her, unless she was very distracted or under duress of course.

You're right, though, she needed those cards for expenses while away from TN. That would be a huge reason to go back to get them.

Since that 29th incident happened at the police station, maybe she went to the station without the cards and left for AL from there, not wanting to go back into the house for them for some reason. Or she left the station and went back home, hurriedly put everything in the Jeep and grabbed the kids and drove off, forgetting the cards.

I just have a feeling personally that she had the cards with her on the 29th, then left them in TN on the 30th before leaving at 12:15 because she was upset, distracted, under duress, or something similar.

New Search Planned:

Chatt.Times-Free-Press: Search Planned Sunday June 5th

About 10 ATVs, several hikers and cyclists will search Signal Mountain trails for missing local Gail Palmgren on Sunday afternoon.

Searchers hope to find signs of Palmgren’s red Jeep, which went missing along with her on April 30.

Volunteers will form search parties at Pruett’s on Signal Mountain at 2 p.m. Sunday.

I can't believe this person in the comment section. I hope LE has checked that person out. geez....

Maybe I have missed this as I went through the threads but did she leave the cards and DL lying around? Or did she leave her wallet/purse at the house. I apologize if I have missed this

I can't believe this person in the comment section. I hope LE has checked that person out. geez....

Their profile shows them making a lot of inappropriate comments on a bunch of articles at the Times Free Press for the last year. They did the same thing with another missing persons case last year, Marsha Suzanne Hunt, who was thankfully found.

Maybe I have missed this as I went through the threads but did she leave the cards and DL lying around? Or did she leave her wallet/purse at the house. I apologize if I have missed this

Unfortunately, we don't know. We know she had her phone with her when she left on the 30th at 12:15, but not her driver's license or credit cards.

They haven't been too specific....just that she didn't have them with her.

Not much info at all. I wonder if her sister is still in SM? If she'll be at the search gathering on Sunday and make any statements?

Per her FB page, the organizer of the search is not too happy with the sparse turnout in the community. Sounds like he's been in touch with some of the churches and only had one responding. He's begging for more people to show up and volunteer.

I wonder if Arlene is going off of any leads or just traveling to spread the word and putting up posters? Apparently GA tomorrow and SC next week.

They haven't been too specific....just that she didn't have them with her.

Not much info at all. I wonder if her sister is still in SM? If she'll be at the search gathering on Sunday and make any statements?

Per her FB page, the organizer of the search is not too happy with the sparse turnout in the community. Sounds like he's been in touch with some of the churches and only had one responding. He's begging for more people to show up and volunteer.

I wonder if Arlene is going off of any leads or just traveling to spread the word and putting up posters? Apparently GA tomorrow and SC next week.

Clive Bonnick (the volunteer coordinator of the Sunday Signal Mountain Gathering for Gail) has stated that he is very disappointed in the very small amount of ppl who have turned out in the past and hopes that this Gathering has better results. Signal Mountain is a community of roughly 8,000 ppl. But Clive goes on to say, that he is VERY GRATEFUL for those who have participated in the past searches and those who will continue to volunteer with ongoing search efforts to Bring Gail Home Now.

Look for his "Letter to the Editor: in the TimesFreePress.com next Wednesday for further information. With regard to your question about Gail's siblings. They are both home in the respective states (NY & FL) and to the best of my knowledge will not be there in TN on Sunday, As for Arlene, she is on the road again, driving through GA & SC, handing out flyers along the way. Therefore she will not be able to attend and participate in this "Sunday's Search for Gail" in Signal Mountain, TN @ PRUETT'S Food Town.

Re: disappointment in turnout for the searches for Gail..

This hurts my heart for Gail's loved ones to not have the community rallying behind support for finding Gail..

My what a night and day difference from the overwhelming turnout for the searches in and around Darden, TN for Holly Bobo yet here in Signal Mtn, TN you have someone attempting to rally up support and searchers for Gail.. Contacting all churches in the area and only have one even respond???...

What is going on??

This in no way is meant to be derogatory toward anyone here that lives in Signal Mtn area.. It's very apparent that you guys care deeply for Gail and her being found and brought home.. I just question sadly why such a very low turn out to search or get involved with supporting the search for answers to find and bring Gail home to her loved ones??

I am just baffled.. With Signal Mtn also being a small seemingly tight knit community one would think that the outpouring of support and help would be overwhelming in numbers with all areas in and around SM..

I'm just truly at a loss and really really wonder exactly how deep ties run to certain individual(s)????

Praying hard for Gail and her two children In these early morning hours of Friday, June 3rd...

Clive Bonnick (the volunteer coordinator of the Sunday Signal Mountain Gathering for Gail) has stated that he is very disappointed in the very small amount of ppl who have turned out in the past and hopes that this Gathering has better results. Signal Mountain is a community of roughly 8,000 ppl. But Clive goes on to say, that he is VERY GRATEFUL for those who have participated in the past searches and those who will continue to volunteer with ongoing search efforts to Bring Gail Home Now.

Look for his "Letter to the Editor: in the TimesFreePress.com next Wednesday for further information. With regard to your question about Gail's siblings. They are both home in the respective states (NY & FL) and to the best of my knowledge will not be there in TN on Sunday, As for Arlene, she is on the road again, driving through GA & SC, handing out flyers along the way. Therefore she will not be able to attend and participate in this "Sunday's Search for Gail" in Signal Mountain, TN @ PRUETT'S Food Town.

Thanks for the update Sleuthy, I had read his post stating he had written to a paper. I wasn't aware that the TFP was only published on Wed. Good to know. He's frustrated and I can understand his thinking that there are so many people out for recreation on week-ends, you'd think they would want to take any opportunity to be out on the mountain.

We know she didn't have the credit cards or DL with her, but I just wonder if she did take a cash. Would make a big difference in theory....if she made a substantial withdrawal, then more than likely she left on her own. imo

Happy: My husband works for the State of Tennessee which has thousands of employees all over the state. They are still covered by BCBS, and the program is called TennesseeBluePreferred. Coverage includes a pharmacy benefit. So MP would still have lots and lots of clients in the State, plus other large cities here may still use BCBS for their city or county employees.

It's only the local County government that switched to Cigna. They probably got some kind of deal.

I realize that, and the article specifically states county, I didn't mean to imply anything from it; one can propose the county is the bigger entity versus individual cities.

I know Signal Mountain Town no longer uses BCBS either. From personal and business experience their premiums are outrageous!

Although, I don't believe his position warrants door-to-door sales, probably just the client relation portion, which would imply government relationships statewide, including the county, until recently, which was the concern.

The security DVR is probably going to look like the one here. Or you can see one here, the box underneath 4 separate cameras. (Not trying to advertise for a specific brand or store, just wanted to show a picture). It would be noticeably missing from the house, so if Matt was in the house where the DVR was, he could easily have seen it gone. Someone else mentioned that Best Buy might have called to say it was ready, or perhaps he looked up charges on her credit cards which were left behind and saw charges at Best Buy.

It seems odd that he would know Gail was missing AND the security DVR from at least one home was missing and yet not call LE. If my husband was gone and saw our security system tampered with, I would be on the phone to 911 in a millisecond.

I can't find it but someone with knowledge stated it was from the lake house and I don't believe he knew about it immediately or would have sent the PI to AL before the 16th (I recall was the date). IMO, she may have found the evidence (stating that to Arlene) of something on that camera and took it to Best Buy to make a copy, asking Arlene to pick it up once ready.

I figure if MP felt nothing that involved him would have been on it, he wouldn't have demanded it back in this manner. IMHO For all we know, he could have traveled down there himself on Sunday to check out the place, gather anything that may appear incriminating knowing LE would need to investigate.

Thanks for the update Sleuthy, I had read his post stating he had written to a paper. I wasn't aware that the TFP was only published on Wed. Good to know. He's frustrated and I can understand his thinking that there are so many people out for recreation on week-ends, you'd think they would want to take any opportunity to be out on the mountain.

We know she didn't have the credit cards or DL with her, but I just wonder if she did take a cash. Would make a big difference in theory....if she made a substantial withdrawal, then more than likely she left on her own. imo

The TFP is published daily, online each day, in addition to their facebook page. I assume just the Letter's to the editor are in the paper on Wednesday's along with sale circulars.

Re: disappointment in turnout for the searches for Gail..

This hurts my heart for Gail's loved ones to not have the community rallying behind support for finding Gail..

My what a night and day difference from the overwhelming turnout for the searches in and around Darden, TN for Holly Bobo yet here in Signal Mtn, TN you have someone attempting to rally up support and searchers for Gail.. Contacting all churches in the area and only have one even respond???...

What is going on??

This in no way is meant to be derogatory toward anyone here that lives in Signal Mtn area.. It's very apparent that you guys care deeply for Gail and her being found and brought home.. I just question sadly why such a very low turn out to search or get involved with supporting the search for answers to find and bring Gail home to her loved ones??

I am just baffled.. With Signal Mtn also being a small seemingly tight knit community one would think that the outpouring of support and help would be overwhelming in numbers with all areas in and around SM..

I'm just truly at a loss and really really wonder exactly how deep ties run to certain individual(s)????

Praying hard for Gail and her two children In these early morning hours of Friday, June 3rd...

The tight knit community comment makes me laugh, everyone knows one another's business, but hesitant to get involved with a negative event. Although, within the past year we have endured tragic accidents involving children that the community rallied upon.

Signal Mountain gets a bad rap with those off the mountain thinking everyone is too good to be in the valley. It oozes through sports, or if anything negative publicly hits the papers, they have a field day.

Locally, it concerns me they may not have had a church affiliation, or possibly their children not in recreational sports, etc., because these circles are tight! This is a family oriented community in that respect. To me IMHO reeks of emotional abuse to not be involved in the community as most are with two children in this age group and it seems evident with the majority of those wanting to help didn't even know who GP was, and only several close friends (1 in each town, Arlene in AL & Susie in TN) publicly coming forward. JMHO

The tight knit community comment makes me laugh, everyone knows one another's business, but hesitant to get involved with a negative event.

Very well said. It depends on the type of negative event. If' we're raising funds to help victims of the tornados, everyone can get behind that one. But to show an alliance one way or another in a case like this? No way! Even to look for her implies not believing the theory that she just ran off.

It may sound like a lame excuse, but perhaps the weather has something to do with low volunteer turnout. It's been 97 degrees every day for a week now. Searching in the woods full of snakes and insects when it's near 100 degrees isn't everyone's cup of tea, I'm afraid. Holly Bobo disappeared in the spring when it was much cooler and the woods hadn't filled up with brush and weeds. Also that was way out in the country and lots of hunters and farmers were involved, rather than the Signal Mt. crowd.

And I think people realize that there have been searches for the car that turned up nothing on the roads. And while it may seem likely that Gail never left the mountain, her bright red jeep probably did or someone would have seen it by now. That leaves a body to search for, and looking for a dead body in the woods when it is 100 degrees - not something people often want to do.

Sorry if this sounds blunt. :twocents: People always ask why more don't come out and search, but as I've said before, you have to know what you're doing up on the mountain or someone is going to get hurt.

Just yesterday a boy was up at the Blue Hole on the mountain, swinging into the water on a rope, which broke and he fell 20 feet. When you read how much time and man-power it took to rescue him, it becomes a little clearer how dangerous it might be for people to be climbing around if they don't know what they're doing.

Rescue personnel had to carry him 75 yards to level terrain and place him on a 6x6 wheeler. He was then transported two miles out of the woods to the landing area for LifeForce (helicopter) to transport to Erlanger.

Chattanoogan Story

So if she had her cell phone, does it not have GPS on it? I may have missed the discussion of what happened with her cell and that is all we know she took with her - correct? I really hope she just went some place to get away, have time to think, sort through things and will turn up soon. My husband is from Chattanooga, all his family still live there and actually they are not really aware of this story. They knew she was reported missing, but that is as far as it goes with them.

It may sound like a lame excuse, but perhaps the weather has something to do with low volunteer turnout. It's been 97 degrees every day for a week now. Searching in the woods full of snakes and insects when it's near 100 degrees isn't everyone's cup of tea, I'm afraid.

<snipped by me>

And I think people realize that there have been searches for the car that turned up nothing on the roads. And while it may seem likely that Gail never left the mountain, her bright red jeep probably did or someone would have seen it by now. That leaves a body to search for, and looking for a dead body in the woods when it is 100 degrees - not something people often want to do.

Sorry if this sounds blunt. :twocents: People always ask why more don't come out and search, but as I've said before, you have to know what you're doing up on the mountain or someone is going to get hurt.
<snipped>

Your reasoning is better than mine. Incidents of injury up here are faily common (and you gave a good example from just yesterday).

And...I do believe that if people thought Gail was somewhere in the woods needing help, they would be showing up in great number to risk it all to find her.

But most of us believe it is beyond that.

If MP wanted to give his public image a boost, he could be leading the way into the woods. Where is he in the efforts, I keep wondering?

I also keep wondering if LE isn't leading the way into the woods because they have good reason to believe she isn't there but can't tell us that.

I just don't see how someone could hide a jeep in the middle of the day without being seen and without help. Is Arlene a next door neighbor at the lake house? Did Gail arrive at the Lake house? It seems like it would be easier to surprise her there and then get rid of evidence.

How did she pay for gas if she didn't have her license and credit cards? cash?

I wonder if MP knew there was a security camera at the lake house. Has Arlene watched the DVD?

So many questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member