TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the article stating that LE was now investigating as a criminal investigation very reassuring. I am not so worried that officials are not giving this serious consideration. Now I am distressed by all of this new information leaking in the news though. This can really hamper an investigation and prosecution. My gut tells me that this is possibly much more than a domestic situation. Maybe more than Gail was even aware of. I pray these leaks stop soon.

This is from a blog discussing Gail's case, BBM:

Does anyone know where that info comes from?

I read that blog yesterday I saw it on the FB page. I also saw a comment
that this person does not blog rumors or speculation she can back up her facts, not sure where she is getting her info from.

Keep the faith Kathyj. Quiet can be good.

Still keeping the faith! Just fear sometimes without any new information the stories start to go away. We can only hash out the information that we have and without any new leads or info there is no where else to go.

Can't believe six weeks has passed.....

I found the article stating that LE was now investigating as a criminal investigation very reassuring. I am not so worried that officials are not giving this serious consideration. Now I am distressed by all of this new information leaking in the news though. This can really hamper an investigation and prosecution. My gut tells me that this is possibly much more than a domestic situation. Maybe more than Gail was even aware of. I pray these leaks stop soon.

Do you have the link to that site? I had been wondering how this case was being investigated? Was not sure if it was still a missing persons or a criminal investigation.

I still find people on other sites defending LE, it's tough. I am sure LE is doing everything they can and also believe they have their hands tied a bit with resources. I am just counting on the fact that they know more than the information that is out there and that we are aware of.

Still keeping the faith! Just fear sometimes without any new information the stories start to go away. We can only hash out the information that we have and without any new leads or info there is no where else to go.

Can't believe six weeks has passed.....
I have followed many cases in detail from beginning to end. Often, when I see LE very tight lipped within the first few months, it is for a very good reason. IMO, this investigation is generally getting the kind of LE attention it needs and wisely they are not sharing with MSM.
You can take it to the bank that they have done the basics such as researching records to locate Gail,it is SOP.
There is a reason that patience is a virtue. It is really hard LOL.

JMHO of course.

I have followed many cases in detail from beginning to end. Often, when I see LE very tight lipped within the first few months, it is for a very good reason. IMO, this investigation is generally getting the kind of LE attention it needs and wisely they are not sharing with MSM.
You can take it to the bank that they have done the basics such as researching records to locate Gail,it is SOP.
There is a reason that patience is a virtue. It is really hard LOL.

JMHO of course.

I agree completely. LE has to stay tight lipped. Eventually things do come out in MSM but you don't want anything hampering the investigation. It's easy for everyone to sit back and judge, they are just doing their jobs. Would love to be a fly on the wall with that LE agency.

Hoping for friends and family sakes that we get some news soon...or at least some new information to go on....

Undoubtedly, everyone who knows Gail and her husband has contacted HCSO and or SMPD. The tiniest bit of information may help fill in some brushstrokes for them I suspect.

Hope this doesn't sound off-the-wall, but I keep wondering about their dog who was lost, or ?? I can't help it..I'm an animal lover. But anyway, it sounded as if this missing pet generated a fight between MP and Gail. I guess I just wonder what it was all about--and if the dog was found, etc. It sounded as if it was a beloved pet, at least for one of them. I doubt it has much bearing on the current investigation--it is minor compared with Gail being missing. It did occur to me that maybe that's why Gail and the dark-haired woman were out on the trail on April 30. Maybe someone had seen the dog ? Probably not. I'm grasping at straws. Sorry....

Hope this doesn't sound off-the-wall, but I keep wondering about their dog who was lost, or ?? I can't help it..I'm an animal lover. But anyway, it sounded as if this missing pet generated a fight between MP and Gail. I guess I just wonder what it was all about--and if the dog was found, etc. It sounded as if it was a beloved pet, at least for one of them. I doubt it has much bearing on the current investigation--it is minor compared with Gail being missing. It did occur to me that maybe that's why Gail and the dark-haired woman were out on the trail on April 30. Maybe someone had seen the dog ? Probably not. I'm grasping at straws. Sorry....
The missing dog incident had occured November 17, 2010 according to this article in the Times Free Press:

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/12/missing-womans-husband-seeks-custody-children/

I was about to post that the trail sighting was an unconfirmed rumor, then saw this!!!

Chattanoogan: Witness Says She Saw Gail Palmgren On Remote Signal Trail At Time She Disappeared

Carol Coppinger said she was in a distinctive new red Jeep and had a female passenger, who looked away each time they passed them on the isolated Big Fork Road.

*snip*

She said they saw the red Jeep and the two women three times on the afternoon and evening of Saturday, April 30.

*snip*

Ms. Coppinger said she never saw the face of the female passenger. She said she appeared to be from 5'7"-5'9" and weigh 120-140 pounds.

*snip*

Ms. Coppinger said she gave a phone interview to a Signal Mountain officer. Then last Wednesday she took a Signal Mountain detective and two county detectives to Big Fork Road. She showed them the first two places they had seen the Jeep, then took them to Insurance Bluff and the spot at the bottom of the hill where she saw it last.

She said the detectives checked out the bottom of Insurance Bluff and found some dead dogs and old cars, but no sign of Gail Palmgren or the red Jeep Rubicon.

That's interesting to me because that road is in Prentice Cooper State Forest - a wild place on the backside of the mountain - and a more likely place to hide or steal or trash a red jeep than the other side of the mountain near Mt. Creek or wherever they said the cell phone pinged on the "north face" or whatever.

[ame=http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=big+fork+road+tennessee&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Big+Fork+Rd,+Chattanooga,+Tennessee&gl=us&ll=35.154723,-85.410461&spn=0.238595,0.438766&z=11]Big Fork Road Map[/ame]

It's also not that far up the mountain from Powell's Crossroads in Sequatchie County. And interestingly, that road does circle back eventually to Suck Creek Road where they dragged the river. :waitasec:

If you look back to the first thread about Gail, some of us suggested that they should look on the backside of the mountain, and it was brushed off as impossible due to the cellphone ping somewhere else. And now we have this sighting! :banghead: So I'm feeling as if time is being wasted when somebody should have been searching the area between Walden and Powell's Crossroads, even if Gail had no reason to be there. It's only common sense that if the main roads have all been searched, they should do the logging and hunting roads next, even if they go into another county.

And if this is a place where shady characters hang out, it makes me wonder why it wasn't searched a long time ago?

I was about to post that the trail sighting was an unconfirmed rumor, then saw this!!!

Chattanoogan: Witness Says She Saw Gail Palmgren On Remote Signal Trail At Time She Disappeared

Carol Coppinger said she was in a distinctive new red Jeep and had a female passenger, who looked away each time they passed them on the isolated Big Fork Road.

*snip*

She said they saw the red Jeep and the two women three times on the afternoon and evening of Saturday, April 30.

*snip*

Ms. Coppinger said she never saw the face of the female passenger. She said she appeared to be from 5'7"-5'9" and weigh 120-140 pounds.

*snip*

Ms. Coppinger said she gave a phone interview to a Signal Mountain officer. Then last Wednesday she took a Signal Mountain detective and two county detectives to Big Fork Road. She showed them the first two places they had seen the Jeep, then took them to Insurance Bluff and the spot at the bottom of the hill where she saw it last.

She said the detectives checked out the bottom of Insurance Bluff and found some dead dogs and old cars, but no sign of Gail Palmgren or the red Jeep Rubicon.
Let this show you that LE really is out there working this case. ;)

That's interesting to me because that road is in Prentice Cooper State Forest - a wild place on the backside of the mountain - and a more likely place to hide or steal or trash a red jeep than the other side of the mountain near Mt. Creek or wherever they said the cell phone pinged on the "north face" or whatever.

Big Fork Road Map

It's also not that far up the mountain from Powell's Crossroads in Sequatchie County. And interestingly, that road does circle back eventually to Suck Creek Road where they dragged the river. :waitasec:

If you look back to the first thread about Gail, some of us suggested that they should look on the backside of the mountain, and it was brushed off as impossible due to the cellphone ping somewhere else. And now we have this sighting! :banghead: So I'm feeling as if time is being wasted when somebody should have been searching the area between Walden and Powell's Crossroads, even if Gail had no reason to be there. It's only common sense that if the main roads have all been searched, they should do the logging and hunting roads next, even if they go into another county.

And if this is a place where shady characters hang out, it makes me wonder why it wasn't searched a long time ago?

Not that it really matters, but Powell's Crossroads is actually in Marion County.

I have been on Big Fork and to Insurance Bluff. It is VERY isolated there. The majority of the road is gravel and dirt and I would really consider it more of a riding trail more than anything. You actually access the road from Sequatchie Co and not Hamilton Co.

I'm really curious how SMPD were able to investigate off the bluff. If you look off the edge, it's a straight drop and unless you are a mountain climber or rock climber you can't get down there. There are so many burnt and old cars off that bluff and I've never really seen anything like it. It would definitely be the perfect place to get rid of something or someone though.

Referencing the article, unless another truck was burned recently, I'm almost positive that the guy coming back and finding his truck burnt was a few years ago. I remember all the chatter when that happened.

Also a few years ago, a friend of ours was trying to show out and rolled his Land Cruiser. The tow truck even had a hard time getting back there to upright it and haul it out.

I found another forum where someone has posted pictures of Big Fork and it shows the terrain VERY well. Delete the link if it's not allowed...

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/picture-media-post/96546-big-fork-signal-mtn-tennessee.html

And here is a video of Big Fork that I found as well...

[ame="http://vimeo.com/13178488"]7-6-10 Big Fork Signal Mountain TN Video on Vimeo[/ame]

Let this show you that LE really is out there working this case.

I agree wholeheartedly, JBean! :innocent:

brittbritt40 said:
Not that it really matters, but Powell's Crossroads is actually in Marion County.

Well, it's all close together there - I don't think it matters either. The woman in the article was from Marion but called the Sequatchie County Sheriff's office - then the Signal Mt. PD came to investigate. That's three different jurisdictions, and actually the State Forest people probably have the real oversight for most of that area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newworldroofing