TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything said to a priest is in confidence and they cannot break that. That is one of the laws of the church.

That is true. They do not have to share anything in confidence. However, if she has taken refuge within the Church, or is utilizing related outreach programs, it cannot hurt for them to be aware that she is loved and welcomed at any time. Also, on the off-chance she has appeared with a loss of memory, injury, or has chosen to assume a separate identity, at least they would know WHO she really is and not just a Jane Doe (could be helpful if there were a medical crisis).

Looks like Signal Mtn is in the diocese of Knoxville. from their website I followed the link to Catholic Charities of Eastern Tenn., ( http://www.ccetn.org/ ) and they list several CC-run shelters, organizations, and counselling programs that Gail might have fou d useful. If you click on Chattanooga, Jonesboro, or Knoxville on their lefthand menu, it will list the different ministries for each area. Could be worth a shot, dropping off one of Gail's flyers at some of the places.

Looks like Signal Mtn is in the diocese of Knoxville. from their website I followed the link to Catholic Charities of Eastern Tenn., ( http://www.ccetn.org/ ) and they list several CC-run shelters, organizations, and counselling programs that Gail might have fou d useful. If you click on Chattanooga, Jonesboro, or Knoxville on their lefthand menu, it will list the different ministries for each area. Could be worth a shot, dropping off one of Gail's flyers at some of the places.

Thanks GardenLady :) I have just now finished contacting them. I believe Oriah is going to work on her contacts as well. I don't want to duplicate her efforts, especially when she has contacts at her disposal.

It is my understanding Gail was also involved in Al-Anon and attended meetings at St. Augustine Catholic Church.. I've tried calling St. Augustine but at this time I am unable to find out exactly when the group meets at the church.. I did find information for the Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters though..Perhaps they could help in some way too eventhough anonymity is their main objective both within and outside the group..

Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters
1600 Corporate Landing Pkwy
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
Tel: (757) 563-1600
Fax: (757) 563-1655
Email: wso@al-anon.org

I am Catholic, and the only thing that I see that they might be able to do if she is in their care is talk to her and convince her to contact her loved ones. I pray with all might heart she is in their care because I'll know then she will be in good hands. There is nothing I want more than to know she is safe.

I hope that's the case too, and if so, that they will talk to her.. It can't hurt to try.

I am Catholic, and the only thing that I see that they might be able to do if she is in their care is talk to her and convince her to contact her loved ones. I pray with all might heart she is in their care because I'll know then she will be in good hands. There is nothing I want more than to know she is safe.

(snip)
A good idea might be to check the website of Gail's diocese, as well as any neighboring ones, for shelters, organizations, etc, where she might go if in need of help. They still may not be able to give information, but perhaps a message could be left for her to contact family, etc.

Hopefully this is helpful - from a Catholic who has been lurking on Gail's threads from the beginning. :)

I like this idea - maybe send an email w/ Gail's flyer attached to churches and shelters in TN, AL, and anywhere else really? The body of the email could say something like "If this woman comes to you for help, please let her know that her family loves and misses her. Please tell her she can call her sister (or whoever) at any time, day or night, collect if need be."

Even though these places can't say "yes, she is/was here" for confidentiality reasons, if they know who Gail is, and that she is missed and loved and being searched for high and low, I think they'd be more than willing to relay the message and suggest to her that she call home. A priest especially I think could offer this advice if Gail came in for confession or counseling...?

ETA I'd be happy to do this (email churches/shelters/Al-Anon chapters)...

If Gail is still out there and I hope she is, we don't know what kind of termoil she has gone through. I can only speculate based on what I went through when I lived in TN and I didn't trust anyone at the time and I still don't know how and its been since 1998. All I can say is put yourself in her shoes and then you might begin to understand some. She lost her job, she found out her husband was cheating on her and wanted out. That is a heck of a lot to have to deal with at her age. She had devoted her whole life to her career, children, and husband only to have that all taken away. God only knows how helpless she might feel. As I've often shared with you, I was lucky, not everybody is.

Please say a prayer that our messages reach Gail!

Same here, however I do not believe Gail was given the opportunity to reach a safe haven on April 30th...JMHO

It is my understanding Gail was also involved in Al-Anon and attended meetings at St. Augustine Catholic Church.. I've tried calling St. Augustine but at this time I am unable to find out exactly when the group meets at the church.. I did find information for the Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters though..Perhaps they could help in some way too eventhough anonymity is their main objective both within and outside the group..

Al-Anon Family Group Headquarters
1600 Corporate Landing Pkwy
Virginia Beach, VA 23454
Tel: (757) 563-1600
Fax: (757) 563-1655
Email: wso@al-anon.org

Emeralgem, thanks for the St. Augustine info. Tomorrow I will arrange through a friend to tactfully and gently reach out to the group.

I like this idea - maybe send an email w/ Gail's flyer attached to churches and shelters in TN, AL, and anywhere else really? The body of the email could say something like "If this woman comes to you for help, please let her know that her family loves and misses her. Please tell her she can call her sister (or whoever) at any time, day or night, collect if need be."

Even though these places can't say "yes, she is/was here" for confidentiality reasons, if they know who Gail is, and that she is missed and loved and being searched for high and low, I think they'd be more than willing to relay the message and suggest to her that she call home. A priest especially I think could offer this advice if Gail came in for confession or counseling...?

ETA I'd be happy to do this (email churches/shelters/Al-Anon chapters)...

Gardenlady, It would be a big help if you could grab the shelters and Al-Anon! I can send you a copy of what I distributed earlier to a director at ccetn.org before I read Oriah's post. I know Oriah had stated she was going to use her contacts for several local states, I think it would be best for her to do this with a personal touch, if possible. But, there is plenty to do with the shelters and Al-Anon too. PM me with your email address and I will forward the email to you.

Gardenlady, It would be a big help if you could grab the shelters and Al-Anon! I can send you a copy of what I distributed earlier to a director at ccetn.org before I read Oriah's post. I know Oriah had stated she was going to use her contacts for several local states, I think it would be best for her to do this with a personal touch, if possible. But, there is plenty to do with the shelters and Al-Anon too. PM me with your email address and I will forward the email to you.

Send me a PM of which of the Catholic charities orgs you emailed earlier, so I can avoid duplicating, and either tonight or tomorrow I'll get a list of others in her areas and email those. Oh and yes, a copy of what you used for an email in case I have trouble getting a letter written out, I can cheat off yours :)

Can anyone give me the city/town Gail's lake house is located in, so that I can check that area as well? I checked a couple threads but don't have time ATM to look more in depth than that. Thanks! :)

Super, firefly! I had PMed the mods to see if they wanted to have a separate thread for Jeep finding efforts. I just PMed them back to see if they can move all the Jeep finding posts over to the thread you've created.

I think it would be helpful to have all the info in one place to reduce searching for the info through the main threads, and much of the info is common whether it's email, twitter, facebook, online searching, etc.

Thanks for getting a thread going!

Sorry to bump my own post. Just trying to save retyping.

Just heard from JBean. She'll be moving all the Jeep finding posts over to the new thread. She asked me to go through and alert the ones that need to be moved. I have a million windows open, each with a single Jeep post, because you have to wait a full minute between each alert to alert another one.

Long story short, I know I've missed some. I'm going to have to wait until these are moved to their new home, and then I'll have to go back through to catch the second wave.

Just letting everybody know so when the posts start moving, you don't think you've ended up in the Twilight Zone. :)

ETA: I've got myself all rattled here LOL. I meant to also ask, to please start posting Jeep finding related posts over in the new thread, so we don't create new additional posts that will have to be moved. Thanks, all! :grouphug:

Thanks GardenLady :) I have just now finished contacting them. I believe Oriah is going to work on her contacts as well. I don't want to duplicate her efforts, especially when she has contacts at her disposal.

fireflylink, just wanted to let you know I'm working on locating each diocese and any subsequent supportive services right now in several states.

Someone in a congregation somewhere (checking to see who is comfortable posting what- who has bulletin boards- etc) may have seen Gail. Church networks are so extensive!

If anyone has seen Gail, they could call in an anonymous tip- or if they were bound by a confidence of some sort; they could call in an anonymous tip about her vehicle, if they saw the Jeep.

And a simple prayer read outloud that says something like, "Gail- we miss you, love you, and hope you are safe" along with a photo would not violate any confidence that I know of. Many Catholic churches do this. Such a good resource for confused to come up with! Thank you, confused!

Same here, however I do not believe Gail was given the opportunity to reach a safe haven on April 30th...JMHO

I agree. That said, I don't think LE is going to do much until Gail or the Jeep is found one way or another. My suspicion is that the Jeep is hidden/lost with Gail and wasn't sold or parted out, because that might leave clues that someone did not want left behind, but I'm willing to look into anything at this point and help fireflylink with this project.

My biggest concern is that if the Jeep was sold intact, it most certainly was repainted. And I know from once living in a town that was involved in a huge nation-wide stolen car resale ring that faking VINs is pretty common as well.

I agree. That said, I don't think LE is going to do much until Gail or the Jeep is found one way or another. My suspicion is that the Jeep is hidden/lost with Gail and wasn't sold or parted out, because that might leave clues that someone did not want left behind, but I'm willing to look into anything at this point and help fireflylink with this project.

My biggest concern is that if the Jeep was sold intact, it most certainly was repainted. And I know from once living in a town that was involved in a huge nation-wide stolen car resale ring that faking VINs is pretty common as well.

LE not wanting to do much until Gail or the jeep is dropped on their doorstep is not exactly what I want to hear...JMHO

I've been following the Lauren Spierer MP case, and many are trying to push LE to search the landfill (and transfer station) for her area.

I don't recall hearing anything about LE searching a landfill(s) for Gail. Perhaps that is because it took quite a while (if even now) for LE to suspect foul play. I know that we all hope to find Gail safe. But the longer the wait for a landfill search, the longer (and more expensive) the search will be, and if I'm not mistaken, the less chance of success of finding something's that is there (needle in a haystack analogy). Just a thought...

I've been following the Lauren Spierer MP case, and many are trying to push LE to search the landfill (and transfer station) for her area.

I don't recall hearing anything about LE searching a landfill(s) for Gail. Perhaps that is because it took quite a while (if even now) for LE to suspect foul play. I know that we all hope to find Gail safe. But the longer the wait for a landfill search, the longer (and more expensive) the search will be, and if I'm not mistaken, the less chance of success of finding something's that is there (needle in a haystack analogy). Just a thought...

BBM....A good one too considering all the debris collected and disposed of right after those storms came through on the 27th of April...JMHO

Here is the Al-Anon info at St Augustine.

http://www.tn-al-anon.org/Signal_Mountain__TN.html

They meet on Mondays at Noon.

Just an FYI about Al-Anon.. Anything said at the meeting, stays at the meeting. It is a safe place to talk with people who are going through the same thing. I only wish that I had known about Al-Anon when I lived on Signal Mtn, because I would have attended meetings and possibly crossed paths with Gail. I didn't really know anything about Al-Anon until recently and it's a Godsend for spouses of alcoholics.

Can anyone give me the city/town Gail's lake house is located in, so that I can check that area as well? I checked a couple threads but don't have time ATM to look more in depth than that. Thanks! :)

Gardenlady - Wetumpka, AL, also, Titus, AL, I think, not positive on that one. Someone please correct if wrong on that one. Also, had a home in Hoover/Birmingham, AL.

Some1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member