Identified! TN - Greene Co., WhtFem 264UFTN, 14-20, recent loss of pregnancy, Apr'85 - Elizabeth Lamotte

Elizabeth “Liz” Lamotte

Elizabeth “Liz” Lamotte (age 17)
BIRTH 27 July 1967
Manchester, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire, USA
DEATH March 1985
Greenville, Davidson County, Tennessee, USA
BURIAL Details Unknown. Murder Victim.

LINK:

Elizabeth “Liz” Lamotte
Elizabeth “Liz” Lamotte (age 17)

Elizabeth was living at the Youth Development Center in Manchester New Hampshire, when she left to visit a local sports stadium on November 22, 1984. She never returned.

Months later on April 14, 1985, her body was found on the side of an interstate in Greenville, Tennessee.

An autopsy determined the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head, and that she had likely been dead for two to three weeks.

Although she was finally identified in 2018, Elizabeth's murder remains an unsolved and open case.

July 14, 2023

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. ( WATE ) — After more than 38 years since her body was found, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is looking for leads in the case of a 17-year-old girl who was found dead near Greeneville in 1985. Elizabeth Lamotte’s body was found partially decomposed along I-81 in Greene County near Exit 44 on April 14, 1985, according to the TBI . When her body was found, Lamotte’s death was ruled a homicide, but she would not be identified until 33 years later using DNA .

July 14, 2023

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. ( WATE ) — After more than 38 years since her body was found, the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is looking for leads in the case of a 17-year-old girl who was found dead near Greeneville in 1985. Elizabeth Lamotte’s body was found partially decomposed along I-81 in Greene County near Exit 44 on April 14, 1985, according to the TBI . When her body was found, Lamotte’s death was ruled a homicide, but she would not be identified until 33 years later using DNA .

I first posted this case on Websleuths in 2005 when it was already 20 years old.

In 2007, I suggested as a potential suspect, serial killer Fred Howard Coffey, Jr. I still feel that he might be worth looking into. He currently incarcerated in a North Carolina prison for the murder of a 10-year-old girl. He is also a prime suspect in the murders of at least two other children, and had previous convictions for child molestation and for the rape of a 13 year old girl (for which he was discharged from the Navy).

I wonder if Elizabeth was in a relationship at the time of her death hence the recent pregnancy loss. Maybe her partner was abusive and got so mad at Elizabeth that he killed her. MOO

Do we know if she was pregnant at her time of death? Im seeing mixed information

Do we know if she was pregnant at her time of death? Im seeing mixed information
She had recently lost a pregnancy. I imagine she had a uterus that was still enlarged but no fetus for them to make that determination. JMO IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back