TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
to the best of my knowledge it came from abc news (the duct tape)

LE has never verified the duct tape only the lunch box

here is link to all the tbi releases in the case:
http://www.tbi.state.tn.us/news_room/press_release.shtml

(((not saying I don't think the duct tape is related... it is just not confirmed by LE)))

There is a video with LE standing by the duct tape and it is abc now is it related to holly only LE knows and they arnt tellin.

57 Members and 64 Guest viewing this thread right now -

Guests, please register and join the fun :)

We'd like to hear your ideas and comments!!!

Hickman County, if they feel that her abduction is related to the other woman's attempted abduction.

Im getting so lost here didnt we just read somewhere that they dont believe that the 2 cases are related?

This is what the family spokesman said about info being released to puNORVILLE: As you know, today the police indicated, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation indicated they do have the DNA results of that blood, but they`re not releasing it to the public. Is it frustrating to the family to know that there is so much information that has gone unreported or unpublicized?

BROMLEY: Well, obviously, in an investigation of this nature, you know, information, when it`s not passed on, it can be frustrating. But they also know that those who are investigating, the TBI, the FBI, are very competent. And they want to make sure that -- you know, they know that when information is released that it is very factual. There`s been a lot of -- as with any case, there`s always a lot of rumors that begin circling and surfacing in an investigation of this nature. But the family has full confidence that they are following up on leads and doing the best they can with the investigation.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1104/20/ng.01.html

The family spokesperson is saying that information is not being shared with family??? "when it's not passed on"...does this mean the family does not know whom the blood belonged too???

Since LE has said (paraphasing) no one has been ruled out as suspect/POI, it tells me that THEY are not sharing with family......why???? The blood should belong to 1 of 3 people....Holly, her abductor or brother...

This case is so bizarre....

JMO

T-shirts, buy your t-shirts! Here we go again! All proceeds will go directly to the family. While at least this family seems much more respectable to me than the Dunn clan, why does it bother me so much? There's already an 80K reward (if that doesn't get someone to talk, I don't think much more will).

The shirts range from $12 to $15 and are available at Parsons Florist in Parsons.

http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Bobo-T-shirts-Available-120334429.html

All of the proceeds from the sale of the shirt will go to fund the reward the family has established and any remaining money raised will go to the family.

What does that mean? The proceeds will go to fund the reward (ie, can't they tell us how much)? And any remaining money will go to the family?

Missing people sure is a booming business these days! Sorry, JMHO.

MOO

Mel

The family spokesperson is saying that information is not being shared with family??? "when it's not passed on"...does this mean the family does not know whom the blood belonged too???

Since LE has said (paraphasing) no one has been ruled out as suspect/POI, it tells me that THEY are not sharing with family......why???? The blood should belong to 1 of 3 people....Holly, her abductor or brother...

This case is so bizarre....

JMO

Well, if it belongs to Holly or her brother, they would have had to get a sample of their DNA from somewhere. They would have requested it from Drew (unless for some reason they have his on file) and asked for Holly's from her parents IMO.

T-shirts, buy your t-shirts! Here we go again! All proceeds will go directly to the family. While at least this family seems much more respectable to me than the Dunn clan, why does it bother me so much? There's already an 80K reward (if that doesn't get someone to talk, I don't think much more will).

The shirts range from $12 to $15 and are available at Parsons Florist in Parsons.

All of the proceeds from the sale of the shirt will go to fund the reward the family has established and any remaining money raised will go to the family.

What does that mean? The proceeds will go to fund the reward (ie, can't they tell us how much)? And any remaining money will go to the family?

MOO

Mel

EDited to add correct info- thanks Nursebeeme!

Have there been any search warrants issued on private property that we know of? Are there any neighbors who are refusing searches on their property?

My questions are a focus on the lunch bag - something I've wondered about since it was found; so I'm asking to determine whether certain facts are known. I read the lunch bag was found near a creek/beside a road - not really specific. Due to heavy rains (and wind) I wonder it's position/specific relocation in relation to the creek.
Was it on the bank/edge of the creek (or within a couple feet of the creek)? As the creek flows... where does it flow from? In other words, what is upstream from the found bag's location? Could bag gone into creek (big flow following rain) and been carried downstream? OR, was the bag found on the roadside and there was just a creek nearby? Anyone know whether a) this has been discusses by officials or b) there was any official conclusion?

IIRC, at the beginning of all this, the family offered a $5ooo reward. That was before the governor had offered a reward

$5,000 is a chunk of change and they probably can use all the help with the reward fund they can get.

MOO

Mel

More than likely what is meant is that there is a possibility that LE will ask for a cap on the reward. If that happens then anything collected above the cap will be sent to the family, as opposed to returned to sender. I know of a very small handful of cases where LE has capped a reward, and I can understand it. although I do not support it. The reward in this case is $80,000 already, and I guarantee you that LE is getting some pretty nutcased calls at this point. If that reward hits $100,000 that will only get worse, and will keep getting worse with each dollar it rises. In order to do a little bit of screening, LE may cap it. Or there may come a point when the reward is not needed, such as if LE finds her body or finds her or it turns out to be a hoax, in which case the coordinators are letting people know that their money won't be returned it wil go to the family to help with therapy, funeral, whatever.

I don't see her mother or her father making a business out of this case. Not after the interview. A woman that can't stand isn't going to be too concerned with how much she is making off the ordeal. MOO.

ETA: And remember, all the family was able to put up on their own was $5000, everything else has come from other sources. They are telling people that money sent will go to the reward fund, because in all honesty, at any point, the other agencies could decide to withdraw their offers of rewards and leave the family with that $5000 that they had originally. Puttin git into the family's fund guarantees that money will be there until Holly is found, as I don't see her family taking it down until there is no hope or she is found.

If HB was abducted by her car, my guess is that HB had her keys in her hand, wonder if she first tried to defend herself and cut the perp with the keys, then he got rough with her and was able to control her.

MOO
Mel

The "family" most likely has nothing to do with this. It's being executed on their behalf.

Have there been any search warrants issued on private property that we know of? Are there any neighbors who are refusing searches on their property?

Not that we know of. Same thing with home owners that may be refusing searches. But I think that if there were any of those properties, those were the ones that were searched yesterday while the civilian searchers were off. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member