TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last Wednesday morning Holly did the same thing she did every day – she headed off to school at about 7:30 a.m. Her 25-year-old brother, Clint Bobo, saw her being led into the woods outside their home by a man dressed in full camo. Clint believed the man was Holly’s boyfriend, Drew.

Police surmise now that Holly was forced to walk into the woods by her abductor, fearing for her life.

Many people who have read Holly’s story have commented that they would find it odd to see a man outfitted in camouflage clothing at 7:30 in the morning. But to those living in Decatur County, there’s nothing odd about it.

Sometime later Clint went outside and noticed Holly’s car still in the driveway and blood on the ground. He became alarmed and immediately called 911.

Another 911 call was made by a neighbor who claimed she heard Holly scream. Some have questioned why she was the only one to hear Holly screaming.

The Bobo’s home is located on 2.09 acres bordering thick woods. Judging from a map of their property, there does not appear to be another home close by. This could explain why only the neighbor heard Holly’s screams.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Holly Bobo Abduction: 3,000 attend vigil, searchers will be out in force Friday - National missing persons | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...rchers-will-be-out-force-friday#ixzz1KDQ0Btpd

"The same thing she did every day..." That says to me that it was not a day that she was leaving late or early. Normal schedule.
This article also says that the sheriff was scheduled to speak last night at the vigil, but did not, apparently no reason was given.

All that I have to say is:
I sure hope that TBI, US Marshalls, FBI, Sheriffs office, Darden Police and all the rest of the neighboring LE that are helping... all have a real damn good reason for not including or asking the public for any help... !!! (except for the basic description, and profiling they have done..ie.. cleaning vehicle, acting strange or missing from work and such..)
The Governor raising the reward by $50,000, within the first 5 days of the disappearance speaks volumes to me...!!!
I've followed several cases and have watched the reward gradually build over time...
They want this guy NOW..!! and you better believe there is a VERY good reason that the Governor did that... I can't imagine a Governor putting such a price, $80,000 total, on aperp that may be known to the family, and who "knows the family routine.."..
The fact that the US Marshalls and FBI are on this case from the beginning speaks volumes to me too...
I don't think that this is this guys first rodeo at all..!!
I personally think that they are linking several assaults/rapes/possibly abductions with Hollys case... Most of which that was not reported to the media.. many sexual assaulted women do not report it because they do not want to have to go through the humiliation of being violated again at the hospital for a DNA testing kit.. not to mention the going to court...!! It takes a VERY brave person to see it to the end.. The victim is on trial too.. facing futher humialiation...
I think the reason that they believe he lives in the area.. is because they can connect the M.O. with other recent cases.. including HS.. and I'm proud of her to come forward..!!:great: Good for her to alert other women about her near abduction.. related to Holly or not..!! She even warned her friends about it back in mid. January on her FB page.

I still believe she either knew the guy who was taking her across the lawn or he was askingmher for help and either showed blood to get her to help him or something?

Knowing she was going to school to become a nurse ?

Gwyn noted, too, that his bureau's crime lab would be examining evidence in the case through the Easter weekend.
He also said that investigators are keeping open minds as to what happened to Bobo. That includes looking at a reported attempted abduction in January involving a 31-year-old woman who, like Bobo, is blond. That occurred about 50 miles from Darden.
"The No. 1 thing that you can't do in an investigation like this is develop tunnel vision on one particular person and one particular incident," Gwyn said. "We'll look at all types of instances, where this same thing may have happened ... and see what we can gather from that."
http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/04/21/tennessee.missing.woman/

When did the FBI get involved? The last I heard was that FBI would not be getting involved unless there was evidence that she was taken across state lines.

Going back to HS, she did not drop the lamp. She said she froze when he grabed her arm. The top fell off the lamp, she still had the lamp in her hands and really would have made one heck of a good weapon had she been thinking clearly. As far as Holly having sharp thinking nurse skills in the time of trauma, she was a student and much of those skills come with experience. She was most likely just as stunned as HS. Think about it, early morning out in the country going to school as usual. No one expects that type of ambush, maybe at night but not in the early morning.

When did the FBI get involved? The last I heard was that FBI would not be getting involved unless there was evidence that she was taken across state lines.

The FBI was involved VERY early on. Here is a link from the day she disappeared.

http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14438754/authorities-20-year-old-woman-may-have-been-abducted

Law enforcement from both Decatur and Henderson Counties are helping out in this search, along with officials with the TBI and FBI.

Okay, found it. The sheriff was the one that said the FBI was not involved yet, and I have that in transcript a couple threads back, but I also have this:
There were questions as to why so many law enforcement agencies, including federal agents from the FBI and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI), became involved in Holly’s case on day one. Sheriff Wyatt said they were taking every precaution that they knew to take.
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-week-review

I am so stinking confused.

I haven't seen, and I doubt the answer is here, but did Holly have a nursing specialty, like geriatrics or trauma?

I think it would make a difference in the way she was trained to respond to things. Just curious.

Okay, found it. The sheriff was the one that said the FBI was not involved yet, and I have that in transcript a couple threads back, but I also have this:
There were questions as to why so many law enforcement agencies, including federal agents from the FBI and the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI), became involved in Holly’s case on day one. Sheriff Wyatt said they were taking every precaution that they knew to take.
http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/holly-bobo-abduction-week-review

I am so stinking confused.

I think you speak for us all here n_m_k. :waitasec: If there is one particle in he!! that staying close to the vest is necessary, then so be it. But, as Hinman pointed out last night...there can come a time that with NO information people can lose interest. We have not for sure, but many just might.

:angel: :snooty: :angel:

I haven't seen, and I doubt the answer is here, but did Holly have a nursing specialty, like geriatrics or trauma?

I think it would make a difference in the way she was trained to respond to things. Just curious.

My understanding is that she was in LPN training thru Tenn. Technology Center.

A couple of negative themes have been happening in Holly's threads today.

1) Don't tell others how to post. If someone is violating TOS, use the alert button

2) Members can come in and ask for updates. If you already know the info and don't wish to update them, that's fine. Just move on to the next post and let someone else do the updating.

Now, get back to searching for clues and leave each other alone.

While I cannot speak for all nursing programs, nursing facilities, most LPN and RN programs simply teach what is the basic systems and the core principles behind them. You do not "specialize" until you have entered the work field or graduated to further education, such as anesthesiology, practitioner, etc.

I'm not sure the state of TN's license particulars, but in my state, LPN's may only administer oral, IM, and topical medications, change dressings, and perform tasks under the license of an RN, who must sign off that these things are done. Some states allow LPN's to obtain special IV medication certificates.

AFAIK, LPN school revolves a lot around hands on clinical work, etc... and doesn't go very deep into systems.

Someone correct me if I am wrong about TN.

OK, there were posts early on about the geocache at the cave, did someone end up reporting that to LE? NOT because the person is a suspect, but they were ALL over Decatur county on the 13th, including old Rt 69, Natchez Trace Park, and everywhere in between. That's not unusual at all for a cacher with his numbers to do, but it does mean he might be an unknowing witness.

Hey Sarx, I PM'ed Miziree to see if they reported it, if not I will do it.

Are trucks with the drive up ramps for atv/motorcycles popular in that area? (Thus eliminating a trailer)

As to the neighbor who heard the scream, do we know where that person lives?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500