TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
#1 the LE being there can help keep people from knocking on their door.
#2 I don't think it's that uncommon, but who knows maybe there is still some concern there.

The Smith Gravel Pit road location is WAY SSE of previous search areas. I really wonder what's going on. They could search a hundred other places seems strange that's one they picked.

Looking East down Gooch Road from Cub Creek Hall Rd. Holly's lunch box/purse was found about 2 miles down this road.

(hope they checked out that abandoned building right there...)

Attachments

• bbrd6.jpg
    bbrd6.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 44
willnunley Volunteer: "it seems like one cold trail after another" as some frustration surfaces. #hollybobo
20 minutes ago

God bless them.....it's got to be so hard.....must feel like they are looking for a needle in a haystack.....with blindfolds on. :(

that looks like its near smith gravel pit road !

Sorry, wasn't able to get a capture of this for you. When you said gravel pit, it looks like there are several quarries or pits of some sort just South of Conrad Ridge Rd. That's what I thought you meant originally. That would be East of the Rock Crusher Rd. pic I posted.

Sorry, wasn't able to get a capture of this for you. When you said gravel pit, it looks like there are several quarries or pits of some sort just South of Conrad Ridge Rd. That's what I thought you meant originally. That would be East of the Rock Crusher Rd. pic I posted.

Yes i think they are all in the same vicinity,,, thanks for the visuals they help alot!

Yes i think they are all in the same vicinity,,, thanks for the visuals they help alot!

Google Maps street views. Love it. Gives us a great perspective of what LE and the searchers are dealing with. That's some rough terrain!

Every day my kids walk out the door and i tell them I LOVE THEM.

Its frightfull to think you will never see them again.

Here is a non religious version of a prayer for the lost.

Hope its ok for this religious weekend...

Something is lost and cant be found!

Please St Anthony Look around!

I hope thats ok and isnt against the rules!

#1 the LE being there can help keep people from knocking on their door.
#2 I don't think it's that uncommon, but who knows maybe there is still some concern there.

The Smith Gravel Pit road location is WAY SSE of previous search areas. I really wonder what's going on. They could search a hundred other places seems strange that's one they picked.

Does anyone recall where the car was supposebly found that was never verified.
Wasnt it close to there?

Google Maps street views. Love it. Gives us a great perspective of what LE and the searchers are dealing with. That's some rough terrain!

it really is !!!!! and my goodness look at all the wilderness gravel pits caves retention ponds rivers duck blinds etc etc.

Does anyone know if the dive/cave search team has been removed from stand-by status and moved into any position?

Myracle Town Road looking North from Hwy 412/20. Myracle Town Rd leads to Swan Johnson Rd. and would be a likely route travelled by the Bobo's to the nearby towns of Parsons to the East, and Darden to the west.

Attachments

• bbrd7.jpg
    bbrd7.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 30
sbm

I have a FB account but don't use it so would it strike you as odd if her b/f had a ton of pix of himself 'hunting' & about 10 from his 'graduation' last June with family & friends but not a one of Holly (or him & Holly) other then his main avatar? Btw! This makes me wonder where all the pix of them together came from that we've seen in the media.

I'm pretty sure they were dating too prior to his 'graduation' cos I found a comment (he has very few) by Holly under a pix that was from a few months before.

One more thing..On his wall it has "in a relationship with Holly Bobo" many xs as you scroll down the page & refresh all the way to the start of his FB account..A poster here said that meant he had to have removed it & then added it again=breaking up & getting back together..Does this add up to you? Or anyone else that knows way more then me about how FB works. TIA!

eta..I'm NOT implying anything suspicious re: b/f & Holly's disappearance so I hope this post can stay.

His profile picture is not the only picture of him with Holly. There is also a picture of them in the first group of hunting pictures from December 2010. You have to look to find all of his pictures but there is more than just that one. The hunting pictures do not surprise me no. If you look at other facebooks there it's a common theme. Many of the other guys don't even have pictures of their wives and kids... just hunting. The fact that his profile picture was him and Holly was an exception to the others.

They have been dating for about a year according to his family. He graduated in June 2010... He changed his relationship status in August 2010. So it's possible that they were casually dating for a few months and didn't get really serious until then.

There was no relationship status through 2010 before August. I wouldn't find it odd that they dated on and off before then. I find it odd that anybody regularly updates their relationship status on facebook. :waitasec:

I did not find it odd that there wasn't pictures of her at his graduation, I figured that she probably couldn't be there. Nursing school can be demanding and if she had something scheduled at the same time, I figured she was at that.

Sniped:

I don't use FB, so tell me if I'm wrong, but couldn't she have two FB pages - the one you mention, as well as a private one for real friends and family?

Of course, she could. I don't think she does for two reasons.

1) She just doesn't strike me as the type to do that, this facebook is mostly private. Her friends list is public.

2) I don't see a reason to have half of a specific family listed on this facebook and then half of the same family on a second facebook.

Anything is possible though. I doubt there is any significance. It just stood out because if I was her I would feel obligated to have those people on there, no matter what. That is about the most serious thing I would do out of obligation. But, maybe she didn't do anything out of obligation.

Thank you for the warm welcome! The TBI has committed a lot of resources and people to this case. I'm amazed at their dedication and very proud of my DIL for the work she and her co-workers do. The media doesn't know everything that the investigation has uncovered. The TBI has a reason for keeping much of the information out of the media...I trust implicitly in their judgement.
:seeya: Glad you found this forum and jumped in so to speak. You have every reason to be proud of your DIL and the rest of the TBI team working this case. It's obvious they (and other LE jurisdictions) are busting their behinds to resolve this sad crime as quickly as they can. They're working up against some tough odds and what looks to be some equally tough terrain and vast isolated areas.

I was wondering if you've formed any theories/opinions as to whether the abductor is a local she may have known or if it's a stranger not known to Holly or her family that may have been stalking her? I'm kinda of leaning toward the stranger theory myself and the abduction attempt in nearby Centerville certainly kind of bolstered my theory after I learned of it. Of course it may have nothing to do with Holly's case and was just a coincidence. Anyway.....welcome again to WS.

Looking East down Gooch Road from Cub Creek Hall Rd. Holly's lunch box/purse was found about 2 miles down this road.

(hope they checked out that abandoned building right there...)

There are literally thousands of abandoned barns & buildings in TN that look just like this pic. Just the paved backroads are extensive - and the trails - ugh! It just reminds me of how small we really are... :sigh: I pray that God will give them the clues, evidence, direction and instinct to find her! I can't imagine how overwhelming this search is...

On an additional note, while I didn't think much of it at first, I'm wondering now how the daily announcement of the exact number of volunteers participating in the daily search plays into LE's profile of the unsub. I wonder if they do this in part to either make the unsub nervous or proud or ??? I'm very curious of their profile and the steps they are taking to play into the unsubs persona...

Still have hope and still praying!

...like a living will kind of thing, people could sign something that says if this ever happens to me, I agree that anyone and everyone who is accredited can go through my stuff...i.e.

Just to jump off of your post (sorry if this has been posted on this thread)
As many may know by now any users with the IPhone have had all their movements tracked and incripted. Their searches, maps et all are at the disposal of Apple. The problem is that info has not been protected. The same goes for Android users but so they say that is protected and the customer has the option to "opt" out so to speak.

Sorry for the dribble but my point is I'm on the fence about this. When it comes to LE and the FBI finding the missing and they have a perp in mind should they have access to the perps movements via their cell phone? (assuming they have an advance device) But down the road I think many more will.

LE already does the ping triangulation but its not very accurate. My mind is wondering what LE has right now and what everyone else thinks?

willnunley Volunteer: "it seems like one cold trail after another" as some frustration surfaces. #hollybobo
20 minutes ago

God bless them.....it's got to be so hard.....must feel like they are looking for a needle in a haystack.....with blindfolds on. :(

The crowd is getting frustrated. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member