TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if there are security cameras for any of the businesses on Eaton Street? What businesses are there? Do any of then run a 24 hour operation?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered......If so, can you point me to posts/page numbers.

Thanks!

Not that anyone cares, but since others have posted their opinions, I'll add mine. As for the item of "significance" - if it made the parents happy, as has been indicated numerous times, I would think it would be some method of communication which indicates Holly is still alive or was alive later than the initial date of the kidnapping. Such items include - a cell phone with usage records, photos, or memos dated after that date OR handwritten or other communication from Holly indicating she is still alive or her whereabouts. The only other thing I can think of that would make me happy as a parent would be an item that helped point to her location or helped ID the perp. In other words, something that confirmed LE or family suspicions of her whereabouts or her abductor. Not sure what that would include.

As a parent, another random item of personal property wouldn't mean much. The key is knowing she would still be alive, who took her, and where she was.

But wouldn't it mean a lot no matter what it was if you hadn't heard from her or she'd been missing for two weeks now?

Reminder...

Websleuths (WS) Etiquette & Information
Inviting outside contact or alluding to "private" additional information:
“Inviting” is termed as a post where you invite other members to contact you to find out more information, rather than post it in the forum. This is not allowed and any posts with emails or invitations to contact for more information will either be edited or deleted entirely. This includes use of the Private Message system via comments such as “Check your PMs” or “PM me” posted in discussion threads. Think about it - it's like whispering into someone's ear while you are at a table full of other people. If you want to have a private conversation just have it, don't announce it. Additionally,please don't drop hints or post on the board that you know something or are privy to inside information but you won't or can't post it.
If you can't post it, don't.

My bad!!!!1 IM sorry lol

Does anyone know if there are security cameras for any of the businesses on Eaton Street? What businesses are there? Do any of then run a 24 hour operation?

Sorry if these questions have already been answered......If so, can you point me to posts/page numbers.

Thanks!

when ya look at some of these places on the maps it seems so remote i cant imagine any camera. but thats Just my opinion!

[/b]

But wouldn't it mean a lot no matter what it was if you hadn't heard from her or she'd been missing for two weeks now?

It's a personal thing I'm sure but finding a random item of hers that has value only as a momento wouldn't do much for me as a parent in this situation.

It would have be something that would help find her - in whatever state of life she's in, or find the perps.

What if something as simple as a note was found in her handwriting saying, "I'm okay?" This would certainly be encouraging to the family. Also, perhaps he let her go to the bathroom along the way that was now defunct (like in an abandoned building) and she wrote on the wall? These might be simplistic thoughts, but I find them totally "doable," especially if the abductor is trying to endear himself to her.

Hey Peeps!!!!!1

Didnt Holly's mom and dad go to the Police dept on sunday and said they wanted to thank the searchers? Yes No?

What if something as simple as a note was found in her handwriting saying, "I'm okay?" This would certainly be encouraging to the family. Also, perhaps he let her go to the bathroom along the way that was now defunct (like in an abandoned building) and she wrote on the wall? These might be simplistic thoughts, but I find them totally "doable," especially if the abductor is trying to endear himself to her.

Actually I just read about a case where the victim did just that. They left a note saying somthing like "Lashelle Was Here April 26, 2011" in a bathroom.

when ya look at some of these places on the maps it seems so remote i cant imagine any camera. but thats Just my opinion!

Banks would be the best bet for cameras in a small town. I don't know if any of you know of the Henning Post office murders....small town in TN where two postal workers were murdered? Key evidence was obtained from ATM cameras that caught the suspects car on camera. It was a very small town with few businesses, none had surveillance cams...even the post office was without a cam!

Maybe it was that days news paper with a note writtenin Hollys handwriting on it!

Im reaching here but hey i think it might be!

[/b]

Personally, it wouldn't. It would be a good thing, but the media made it sound "very appealing".

The only reason I brought up a 'ransom note' was because that would be the only thing that would keep me going if it were my child. Some kind of 'concrete' hope. Maybe the guy realizes the jig is up and is using her to negotiate the best outcome for himself. Then again, maybe I watch too many movies. :crazy:

Personally, it wouldn't. It would be a good thing, but the media made it sound "very appealing".

bbm.... the media can make a lot of things sound different ways with a switch or two of a word.

moo

I personally am so very glad they have been able to find all of the pieces of potential evidence that they have. It is one more thing toward figuring out what happened...

The only reason I brought up a 'ransom note' was because that would be the only thing that would keep me going if it were my child. Some kind of 'concrete' hope. Maybe the guy realizes the jig is up and is using her to negotiate the best outcome for himself. Then again, maybe I watch too many movies. :crazy:

Its hard to say. Real kidnapping for ransoms are rare in the US. I dont usually go for complicated scenarios but the possibility of this being known to the family and LE all along could account for some of the odd actions, announcements, the giant reward, etc. Just sayin...

Plus its one of the few avenues of discussion not hashed over 5 million times.

I think its like that tooo, i think he is crazy about her probably obsessed...

Did Holly's mother actually speak to the media and state that she was "relieved" about the evidence that was found? If not, then I will take it with a huge grain of salt considering the reporting or misreporting done in this case so far.

~jmo~

Hey I think all this stuff was tossed the day he took her. I dont think hes out there tossing things out of his car window..

As I see they should have had SAR dogs out on day one! If not day one then Day 2! Not K-9 dogs!

hmmmm...

Random tossing of things all over the place. Each thing, a needle in a haystack in a rural area.

Yet...LE has been successful in recovering items that are significant - either through searchers ... or on their own ...

I'm not sure we actually know if FIRST there are the finds by LE and THEN they begin a search where the item was found, or if searchers happen upon the items.

Theory:

What if all the finds were by LE (and the searches followed the finds) - because LE is somehow being led to find them?

How would that be happening?

1) accomplice/witness working with LE?

2) abductor in contact with family/LE?

3) holly somehow in contact with family/LE?

:waitasec:

I'm just noodling...and I see others thinking along these lines...

The idea that we have days of "finding significant things of Holly's" all over the place is just bugging me.

alot.

This just feels personal. It could even be anger/torture directed at someone in the family other than Holly - Holly was used b/c that is the worst thing you can do to someone. What's worse than killing someone? Making them suffer by killing their child...

:cow:

Did Holly's mother actually speak to the media and state that she was "relieved" about the evidence that was found? If not, then I will take it with a huge grain of salt considering the reporting or misreporting done in this case so far.

~jmo~

Actually (and its been a day or so) that is what the family spokesman said. I saw the statement on TV and posted a quote or close paraphrase here at the time. Basically the spokesman said that the find made her mom "grateful and relieved". It was in an interview on Fox TV news with I believe Alisyn Camerota and another fox reporter. Probably that same bite has appeared elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny