TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back... I see there has been so much breaking news its going to take me a while to catch up ! :fence:

Just checking in and wondering what else has been found, if there are any new developments, etc. I've been at the dermatologist - again - most of the day to check on my skin cancer and have more biopsies, and I don't have time to read through the thread right now. Can someone fill me in? Thank you so much. :)

This may have come up already ... too many posts to read through ... but I was wondering if Criminal Profiler Pat Brown's recent commentary on this case is allowed here ?

Someone posted her Women in Crime Ink piece yesterday but it was soon taken down. While though-provoking and generally an excellent series of observations, the article does suggest areas for sleuthing in the Bobo case which are out-of-bounds on a victim-friendly forum like WS.

Just checking in and wondering what else has been found, if there are any new developments, etc. I've been at the dermatologist - again - most of the day to check on my skin cancer and have more biopsies, and I don't have time to read through the thread right now. Can someone fill me in? Thank you so much. :)

I can fill you in easy... NOTHING

Pretty much nothing new or credible in the last day or so. Scroll up to see the link to a Parking Lot discussion about a rumor presented on the radio and FB.

Its sad when getting skin spots biopsied is more exciting than the case you are following.

I hope all that goes well for you!

No idea, sorry

I would assume she has. I read yesterday that at least her brother had done some. It might have been in something I posted about the family a few days back, also but I forget now.

Apologies if this has been discussed, but does anyone know if Holly volunteers with any local organizations?

This was posted today:
http://www.tnbaptist.org/BRPrint.asp?ID=3804

Bobo, an active member of Corinth Baptist and a Christian from an early age, sings solos at the church. In fact, she was scheduled to sing April 17 at Corinth. She and her family have been members of the church for six years.

Through Corinth Baptist Bobo participated in Super Summer, a Tennessee Baptist Convention camp for teens, and a church missions trip to Mississippi to help people with special needs enjoy a camp.

also:
Bobo “grew up in our youth group,” said Franks. She planned to use her nursing skills on the church’s frequent trips to Belize.

I'm getting the feeling that although LE will continue their efforts, after 2 weeks of public volunteers searching, that's about to come to an end, JMHO though.

well here is something to chew on

The search for Holly Bobo may focus more intently on finding a suspect related to the young woman's disappearance, according to TBI spokesperson Kristen Helms.

When asked if she [Helms] believed that investigators were closer to finding Bobo this week than in the previous week, Helms stated that the investigation has "become more narrowed" and that officials are intently focusing more on finding a potential suspect in the 20 year old's disappearance.

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsouth-regional-news/search-for-holly-bobo-focuses-on-suspect.html

another snip from that article:

Media reports had linked the newest item to a phone tip, but Helms siad during a phone conversation that it was her understanding that the new item had been recovered during the search effort.

When asked about the nature of blood evidence recovered initially at Holly Bobo's home, the TBI spokeswoman also declined comment on the nature of forensic findings, and even declined to comment on whether the blood was animal or human.

Any idea why the search areas seemed to be focused around churches???

I can only speculate that the command centers are at churches because they have parking lots that the busses can drive folks from the main command center at the fairgrounds to and that the churches have volunteered to have command centers at their locations. I don't think the searches are necessarily focused around the churches, just that the churches are conveniently located and willing to allow the use of their property to disperse search teams from throughout the counties, if that makes sense.

The search for Holly Bobo may focus more intently on finding a suspect related to the young woman's disappearance, according to TBI spokesperson Kristen Helms.

When asked if she [Helms] believed that investigators were closer to finding Bobo this week than in the previous week, Helms stated that the investigation has "become more narrowed" and that officials are intently focusing more on finding a potential suspect in the 20 year old's disappearance.

http://midsouthnewz.com/news/midsouth-regional-news/search-for-holly-bobo-focuses-on-suspect.html

Maybe if they find the suspect(s) maybe they will lead LE to Holly's body or at least tell where she can be found at.

remember the Ohio case with the hollow tree? They would never have found that family if they hadn't gotten the perp (and who knows what he would have further done to that little girl in his harrowing house of leaves?!)

remember the Ohio case with the hollow tree? They would never have found that family if they hadn't gotten the perp (and who knows what he would have further done to that little girl in his harrowing house of leaves?!)

No kidding I saw the leaf house the other day. Thats just whack... I wonder if anyone in Holly's area is a leaf hoarder?

What does it mean though?

Do they have a suspect and can't find him?

Or are they trying to figure out who might be a suspect?

This was posted today:

Bobo, an active member of Corinth Baptist and a Christian from an early age, sings solos at the church. In fact, she was scheduled to sing April 17 at Corinth. She and her family have been members of the church for six years.

Through Corinth Baptist Bobo participated in Super Summer, a Tennessee Baptist Convention camp for teens, and a church missions trip to Mississippi to help people with special needs enjoy a camp.

also:
Bobo “grew up in our youth group,” said Franks. She planned to use her nursing skills on the church’s frequent trips to Belize.

My question was:

I'm wondering if Holly went to any church sponsored young person's retreats? And, if so, were these retreats composed of young people from different southern states? We know she was in the choir at her church and sang there, right?

Any idea why the search areas seemed to be focused around churches???

They have a reason for one in this article i just posted:

Michael Crandall, pastor, Bear Creek Baptist Church, Parsons, was involved in the search as Bear Creek Baptist was chosen by law enforcement officials as the first staging area. The church is the closest facility to the Bobo home which could be used in that way.

“Churches and businesses alike have just really been very generous with whatever we’ve needed,” he said, referring to the search.

Bear Creek served as the staging area for two days and members helped feed volunteers during that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarti