TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greengreen:

I had previously linked 3 Car Wash Locations in town.

Do you know if any of them obviously have surveillance cameras, or if there are more than 3 locations?

There are 3. I do not know if any have surveillance cameras. I'm inclined to think probably not.

Thanks greengreen! I got them added. Is the one at Bible Hill still there? After the fairgrounds, that was the first one that they headed out to on the 15th.

I don't think any of them are still there. Everything has shut down for the weather.

Very Intresting, gives you alot to think about

The phone ... the phone may have been found, and perhaps it had a picture of Holly taken several days after her abduction. A wild speculation to be sure, but at this point, if the perp is planting evidence or clues to taunt LE or to throw them off, this would be a very diabolical move -- to let them know she's still alive, that he's not caught, that he's smarter than LE and all of their resources.

In no way do I believe this was found, but I put myself in the place of a real twisted, sick, Sociopath, and I find I am beginning to think this way.

I still believe that she is alive, stashed in a remote cabin somewhere, and is held captive as someone's 'prize.'

cfreyja23 made a great point at the end of the last thread writing, "Well, let's try a process of elimination. It's probably not clothing, as that--I think--would not be a good sign that she is still alive. The same for shoes. It's probably nothing organic, like hair. If it's her purse, and has everything in it, that would be very odd. The only item she might have been carrying that would actually contain information would be....wait for it....the phone."

I hate to carry a thread forward, but cfrey is right...we ARE web sleuths are we not?

So to re-pose the same question, "what items would give Mrs. Bobo hope that Holly is alive?

Feel free to quote and add to:

1) cfreyja23 - Cell Phone
2) Wondergirl & Vic - a written dated note from Holly stealthily tossed.
3) ??

Others??

Locals
Was there any talk about what they will be doing on these 2 days off? In my experience the CC doesn't shut down even if the searchers are pulled off. You still are working ops/logistics/plans.

SuzieQ, got it, wasn't sure if it was only the first part that was IMO which is why I asked.

I think the only significant item would be the cell phone. The chances of there being a note or anything like that, that survived the weather is slim to none IMO.

Incidentally with or without a SIM as reported today...LE already knows who she called or texted that day. They have the records of the cell provider I'd be almost sure. The only thing they wouldn't have is notes she may have left on the phone herself OR the tracking data files put there by the Droid or Apple IOS as we just found out last week. She may not have one of these phones or it may be an older version and in that case, or the case of a battery faling etc...it may not be much more useful than what they already have.

Again though this begs the question....why would anyone dump this stuff in the first place? It makes no sense. Even more surprising would be searches finding this by total chance at a random location. Someone must have provided a tip that was very specific which would mean someone knew it was there.

None of this makes any sense to me.

GG,

Thanks for joining WS and taking time out of your busy days to help us.

1. Does the Bobo family have any ties to McKenzie Tree Service?

2. A call was received with information sometime Saturday/Sunday which led to finding a piece of evidence, is that correct? I think the call was the "significant" thing.

More important, thank you for helping in the searches....

score

I posted this in the last thread....wonder if you saw it, GG. Thanks!

I did not see this earlier. Based on the different releases of information there have been two findings. The media also has been getting things wrong. So I think there were two things found and one turned out not to be related.IMO

Locals
Was there any talk about what they will be doing on these 2 days off? In my experience the CC doesn't shut down even if the searchers are pulled off. You still are working ops/logistics/plans.

Nothing was mentioned at all. I know when no volunteers were used last Thursday LE was still in full swing.

I know I am a wet blanket, as a natural pessimist in these types of crimes...but am wondering why so many people feel she is being "stashed", when to me, the only difference between this and so many other abductions of women who were raped and killed, is that someone saw it happen? If not for that, we'd simply have a young woman who had vanished and was either found or not, sometime later on. And usually, it turns out to be an ex or some kind of an obsessed stalker.

What seems different here, to so many?

Of course I hope she is alive, and more, not being tortured or abused, but I just can't find reasons to believe this is the case, other than she has not been found. But we all know that some people are never found, or are found after months, i.e Morgan and others.

cfreyja23 made a great point at the end of the last thread writing, "Well, let's try a process of elimination. It's probably not clothing, as that--I think--would not be a good sign that she is still alive. The same for shoes. It's probably nothing organic, like hair. If it's her purse, and has everything in it, that would be very odd. The only item she might have been carrying that would actually contain information would be....wait for it....the phone."

I hate to carry a thread forward, but cfrey is right...we ARE web sleuths are we not?

So to re-pose the same question, "what items would give Mrs. Bobo hope that Holly is alive?

2) Vic - a written dated note from Holly stealthily tossed.
3) ??

Others??

3) emma - Something of Holly's and something of the abductor's.
4) emma - Jewelry/ring
5) emma - Tip IDing the car they know they are after, and they recovered an item of Holly's there
6) emma - Matching Tire Tracks and something of Holly's

Others??

You can tell my cell is mine because I have ME and my number in the contact list, just for this very reason-in case I go missing. Also ICE-In Case of Emergency, my mother. If Holly's phone was found, anyone could immediately access this info if she had it in her list of contacts.

Is it possible that the "significant item" found, and that gave hope to the searchers and family, is an actual note or signal from Holly herself?

I wouldn't trust a note cos how would they know WHO wrote it? Even if mom or someone else can recognize it as her handwriting it may have been done under duress & is simply a ruse..Also, if it truly is her handwriting that only proves she was still alive but only at the time it was written which was when exactly? That's another problem.

What kind of signal? :waitasec:

I wouldn't trust a note cos how would they know WHO wrote it? Even if mom or someone else can recognize it as her handwriting it may have been done under duress..OTH! It would prove she was still alive but only at the time it was written which was when exactly? That's another problem.

What kind of signal? :waitasec:

They could tell if it had been left after the latest rain.

I just remember them having seachers peering so close to the ground...they were looking for something very small. I'd be very surprised if it was something FROM Holly, rather than of Holly.

Also, from what others have said about the CNN interview, the reporter said "game changer" and the LE rep sort of agreed. It was not his phrase, FWIW.
It sounds like LE got the tip the phone was right in the area where it was found.....fairly quickly sounds like. It may have had one of the bright colored, protective, plastic cases on it and was easily & quickly spotted once they'd received the info where to find it.

As far as the searchers being on their hands and knees searching.....I agree, they were looking for something very small.......perhaps the SIM card to the phone? The tipster may have told them where the phone was and that the SIM card was thrown 500 yards (just an example) from the phone.

I also think the tipster may have told them about other items that were thrown out near the school and that's why they had searchers rushed to that location as well. The tipster knows "something" to have been able to direct them so precisely to the phone. I wonder why the tipster waited so long to call in the tip?

I am inclined to think that this is someone Holly knew from church that is older than her--Maybe a leader of her youth group when she was younger? A summer school program counselor?
The date of her disappearance and her Mother's favorite Bible scripture having the samme numbers is intentional. Someone knows Holly very well. Phl 4:13 : I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

3) Something of Holly's and something of the abductor's.
4) Jewelry/ring
5) Tip IDing the car they know they are after, and they recovered an item of Holly's there
6) Matching Tire Tracks and something of Holly's

Others??

I'm leaning towards number 5.........someone saw somebody toss something of Holly's and they have a description of the vehicle......that's just an opinion, my DIL is being extremely tight lipped on this.....TBI is being very cautious with information being released.

RE ESN#

I have an iphone, and can't get to the battery. How do you find an ESN# on that phone? Just curious.

TIA

Try going to settings, phone info, build info, it will be the DEC/ESN number...If this doesn't work call customer service of your provider and request it. Hope this helps.

Remember the key is, "what would make Mrs. Bobo think Holly is alive"?

3) Something of Holly's and something of the abductor's.
4) Jewelry/ring
5) Tip IDing the car they know they are after, and they recovered an item of Holly's there
6) Matching Tire Tracks and something of Holly's

Others??

4) probably not...comfort maybe, but not a specific clue imo..

5 & 6 get my out of the box thinking award of the day (yea Emma! (tell her what she's won, Johnny..)).

If these were found at Eaton street, 5) the car because police (at least in this area) tag abandon/broken vehicles and you've got so many hours to get it moved before they tow. so they should be able to know roughly how long it has been sitting there.

6) because the tire tracks would have washed away with the recent rains. Any tire tracks found would have to fairly fresh.

Great thinking Emma!

They could tell if it had been left after the latest rain.

If it is a handwritten note what are the odds it would survive a rainstorm & hasn't it been raining on&off since she went missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500