TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've not said much in the past few days, as there is really nothing much that has not been said. But I don't think the response by LE is all that unusual, when they apparently had a witnessed abduction of a young woman, with some blood at the scene. It would be more unusual to me if all hands were not on deck at once. So I don't think that the response and involvement of various agencies tell us much at all.

I know I am in the minority, but I don't feel that LE has an idea where Holly is, or what state she is. They may have a couple of POI's, but I hope they have not ruled out a random abduction by a stranger, a possible ex-con passing through town, a recently released criminal, etc...they did seem to latch onto someone local very quickly, based seemingly on the fact that they "must know these parts." When in fact if the person grabbed her, put her into a car and fled, they would not need to know more than she lived there, and waited for a chance.

Just seems to me that if they had a good reason to have a POI, there would have been search warrants by now, or word of people being hauled in for second of third interviews, etc...

If they take volunteers out again once the weather is better, than I really think they are flying blind, as far as where she is. Guess we'll have to wait until they decide about searchers for Friday, unless she is found before then.

I just cannot think of a way that TBI could perpetrate this fraud and come out of it without major carp. I do not believe they would hide the fact that they found her......unless they are holding it back because the perp has others in danger of death. No other way i can think of that they could do it. JMO

I can't either. In MOO, it would be a major, career ending, fubar resulting in investigations out the wazoo. I'm not sure if it would result in criminal charges, but one thing just hit me: money. Just like other states, Tennessee is having some big budget challenges. If it came out that they continued this circus for even one extra day for any reason other than to find her, the budget issues would cause the press and public to eat TBI for lunch.

The other one, Protecting the Gift, has very practical suggestions for children. Wonderful book... a must for any parent. (I think someone pointed out that the Gift of Fear is geared more towards women and Protecting the Gift more towards parents with children?)

Yeah, that's a good one too! It does repeat a lot from the Gift of Fear, but is more oriented toward how to explain to your child what to do in an emergency or if approached by a stranger. I thought he did a great job of tearing down many assumptions that parents have about their own kids and what to tell children. A very good friend of mine just had a baby, maybe I should give her a copy (although it may be a little early!)

I've not said much in the past few days, as there is really nothing much that has not been said. But I don't think the response by LE is all that unusual, when they apparently had a witnessed abduction of a young woman, with some blood at the scene. It would be more unusual to me if all hands were not on deck at once. So I don't think that the response and involvement of various agencies tell us much at all.

I know I am in the minority, but I don't feel that LE has an idea where Holly is, or what state she is. They may have a couple of POI's, but I hope they have not ruled out a random abduction by a stranger, a possible ex-con passing through town, a recently released criminal, etc...they did seem to latch onto someone local very quickly, based seemingly on the fact that they "must know these parts." When in fact if the person grabbed her, put her into a car and fled, they would not need to know more than she lived there, and waited for a chance.

Just seems to me that if they had a good reason to have a POI, there would have been search warrants by now, or word of people being hauled in for second of third interviews, etc...

If they take volunteers out again once the weather is better, than I really think they are flying blind, as far as where she is. Guess we'll have to wait until they decide about searchers for Friday, unless she is found before then.
bbm: I am in the minority too.

just my :twocents: but I think we may hear of an arrest or an officially named person of interest before we find where Holly is.

Right now I am thanking God for the sloppy perp we seem to have here (again my opinion). All the searches have seemed to be centered around the items that were found and I furthermore ask the Big Guy ^up above^ to please have let this person have screwed up enough to leave prints, hair, blood...anything behind on said items

I agree it would be a bad move to keep people in the dark if she had been located. There is a big reward out there, people are going to search on their own, etc...which is dangerous anyway, especially with lots of guns in the area, and it would be a kind of a "black mark" against LE when they next require the cooperation of their locals. Seems like a lot of people have put their lives on hold to be a part of the searches, and I would think they would feel betrayed, even if, of course, relieved that she was okay, if she was.

Yeah, that's a good one too! It does repeat a lot from the Gift of Fear, but is more oriented toward how to explain to your child what to do in an emergency or if approached by a stranger. I thought he did a great job of tearing down many assumptions that parents have about their own kids and what to tell children. A very good friend of mine just had a baby, maybe I should give her a copy (although it may be a little early!)

OT - My daughter read both those books when she was eight yrs. old and she is better for it. I highly recommend these, especially The Gift of Fear.

Forgive me I am new, and have been trying very hard to get educated on this case as there were alot of threads to go thru. I may have missed this....IF she infact was alive what would be the purpose of keeping that from the public. I am not saying she is but I have read all those posts and people saying she is then she isn't and I just don't understand what benefit there would be by not letting people know she is alive

Forgive me I am new, and have been trying very hard to get educated on this case as there were alot of threads to go thru. I may have missed this....IF she infact was alive what would be the purpose of keeping that from the public. I am not saying she is but I have read all those posts and people saying she is then she isn't and I just don't understand what benefit there would be by not letting people know she is alive

I personally believe that they have no evidence that she is alive or that she is not alive.. small amount of blood but not enough to warrant a homicide investigation (ie, fatal loss of blood)

she has just vanished! They don't know her status...

moo

Okay....let's CONSIDER for a minute that Holly was safe and that LE has not made the information public in order to detain the suspects.

I mean, if Holly is safe, wouldn't she be able to lead LE right to those involved?

Under what circumstances, considering the above, would we still NOT know the suspects or persons of interest?

While I would love for her to be safe, I can't see how a move would not have been made by now. Why would LE take such a big risk? Can we brainstorm/discuss this?

Only thing I can come up with --If she is alive it does not necessarily mean they have found her. If this is a kidnapping incident and there has been some sort of contact made but yet her where abouts are unknown...I am totally reaching here. I cannot remember the last situation of someone being kidnapped and returned alive---just trying to think of all possibilities

I can't either. In MOO, it would be a major, career ending, fubar resulting in investigations out the wazoo. I'm not sure if it would result in criminal charges, but one thing just hit me: money. Just like other states, Tennessee is having some big budget challenges. If it came out that they continued this circus for even one extra day for any reason other than to find her, the budget issues would cause the press and public to eat TBI for lunch.

I also agree there is unfortunately a slim possibility that Holly has been found and this is being kept a secret for the same reason-money. This is a national headline case and if she was taken anywhere, someone would probably sell out and tell a media person by now for 15 minutes of fame or money. Sad, but true. This is too huge of a story for a person involved in the rescue or hear about her rescue not to share this exciting news with family and friends and someone on the sidelines who is not as emotionally invested to leak it. I wish it were true that she was away from her abductor but I think this is another rumor giving false hope. Plus imagine the potential lawsuit if searchers were injured/taking unpaid leave from work while searching for her after she has been found.

With all this said, my profound admiration and thanks to the community and all people who has given their heart and soul to this search and keep things quiet and close to the vest as needed to help try to save Holly. You are an example to this entire country and make me so proud to be an American-you are what all of our communities need to be. We need to share this story of this community and strive to come together as you have in a time of need and continue to do it on a daily basis-we all need to learn from your example and take better care of each other and help where we can as needed in our communities. Thank you for this lesson, and it hurts my heart that it comes at such an emotional cost to all of you.

May Holly come home safe soon.

I've come full circle with this and am back to asking myself.....why take her on a Tuesday? Between 7:30-8:00 am?.........in the middle of nowhere practically :waitasec:.

OK we are back to talking about rumors here. Please, I made myself very clear yesterday that the rumors in the Parking Lot thread, were not to be brought to this thread. I also said no warnings.

We are not rolling with rumors. I've removed about 10 posts. Stop!

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

OK we are back to talking about rumors here. Please, I made myself very clear yesterday that the rumors in the Parking Lot thread, were not to be brought to this thread. I also said no warnings.

Is my post #530 okay? I'd love to be able to discuss further if possible.

I've come full circle with this and am back to asking myself.....why take her on a Tuesday? Between 7:30-8:00 am?.........in the middle of nowhere practically :waitasec:.
as her father said in the family presser... he seems to think it was someone who knew his, his wife's and Holly's schedule.

The person was there with intent imhoo.

Oh sorry hope I wasn't one of those commenting on a rumor. I was just trying to figure out scenario's. What if's stuff like that

You might try scanning through Will Nunley's twitter http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

I just tried but went cross-eyed trying to scan for what may be 'important'. Can someone please summarize a few main points to bring those of us who haven't been able to follow nonstop up to speed?

Thank you!
:tyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members