TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who had committed a crime in a vehicle might want that vehicle "scrapped", I suppose. Of course, we don't know how much truth there is to the report from the garage, or if someone got overly excited to think they may have some information about the case. Still, this guy needs to be cleared as to exactly where he was all day on April 13th; I believe his arrest was the 17th or the 18th, at least announced on the 18th. And he is super-creepy.

I am going to share this although I have hesitated to do so.
This guy was stalking 2 students at Union University.
My niece is a student there.
Union had its' Annual Variety Show at the Carl Perkins Civic Center a little over a week after Holly's abduction and my niece's sorority was in it.
There was an ongoing skit on a huge screen about the girls from different sororities getting together and standing on the street with signs to get people to come to the show.
This would play between the performances.
In the video, the girls were approached by a creepy guy who tried to get them to go for rides with him and threw water on their shirts.
I have to say I wasn't the only one in that crowd of thousands who wished that skit wasn't played.
Of course it was filmed weeks before Holly disappeared.
But with this guy lurking around the girls from Union, it makes my neckhairs stand on end.
I don't think the guy took Holly.
And I don't necessarily think that my niece or her fellow female classmates are safe.
JMO

is anyone familiar with the term "totaled" in the context of "i went to a mechanic/garage to have my car totaled" ?

the only way i have heard that term used is to declare a car as beyond worth repairing after an accident (cost of repairs + worth of car as parts/salvage compared to car's current "blue book" value).

was he bringing this car in after an accident and asking the garage to give him an estimate for repairs, maybe specificaly looking for one that would guarantee his insurance company would consider it "totaled" ?

or is there some usage of the term that i am not familiar with?

I think if the story is true that he wanted to scrap a vehicle for the price he could get for the metal.
JMO from years of working next to one of the busiest auto garages in Jackson TN

I'm sure they would have interrogated this guy by now and checked alibis etc

is anyone familiar with the term "totaled" in the context of "i went to a mechanic/garage to have my car totaled" ?

the only way i have heard that term used is to declare a car as beyond worth repairing after an accident (cost of repairs + worth of car as parts/salvage compared to car's current "blue book" value).

was he bringing this car in after an accident and asking the garage to give him an estimate for repairs, maybe specificaly looking for one that would guarantee his insurance company would consider it "totaled" ?

The explanation I am bolding is the one which makes more sense. I don't know whether a mechanic would offer the service of totaling cars in the 'physically reduce it to a pile of scraps' sense.

You are right lil. I agree that is what this person might mean.

I wonder if the reporter would know the difference in a garage and a scrap yard. Also, some places do both (fix cars and buy junkers for parts). Does anyone local know of a female shop owner? Can't be too many.

The one next to my family business is co-owned by a family and it would be very common for a woman to answer the phone there.
They do repairs, have a wrecker service, and will "total" a car by doing an insurance estimate.
They will also buy old barely running (if at all) vehicles and junk them and pay a price for the metal.
JMO

thanx for the replies and info.

its just an interesting point which im sure LE has sorted out by now by talking more to the people at the shop.

i sure hope LE has some good leads they are working and we just dont know about it. it does appear that way and hopefully soon they will break this thing.

:(

I keep going back to that guy that has been arrested already.

http://jacksonnewsnow.com/articles/local-news/sex-offender-arrested-on-two-counts-of-stalking

I mapped his address I found per this article and a pipl.com search. It's only 21.5 miles and is near or in the Natchez Trace State Park area where they have been searching. Also, had he been throwing stuff out near Eaton St. in Parsons, he could take SR 69 back to his home in Holliday, TN. (I think it's a state route). He's known for stalking and both of his current victims were 19 year olds.

The thing I don't like about it possibly being him, is Holly wouldn't be alive most likely. Just some thoughts.

Hmmm....Holly's scanner thread #2....post 98....very interesting given the timing....

Working on a new thread, will be closing this one in a few...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back