TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Darn, it is the same stuff we already know revisited yet again.

Levi on now, saying the cousin spoke out at first, but not a word in many weeks.
He says they did search last weekend in Henderson County, don't know if anything was found.
Levi is saying that LE said they are starting to identify persons of interest (but they said that quite a while ago-it is not new, as far as I know.)
Levi is still stuck on "dragged", why did he say that? The family friend said she does not believe Clint ever said it, that TBI said it.

About the best thing is JVM asking why in a month the police cant check on 2,500 people

Nothing new. Actually it seems like they made this story 2 weeks ago and then sat on it. Dated, partially inaccurate (still going back to the dragged story) and still playing up Country Music Star's cousin missing.

What do you think that means Carla? I suppose sex offenders.

Thats the whole population. Meaning in a months time cops could interview most everyone that lives there 1 at a time. Its not like Manhattan or Los Angeles. its two thousand people.

Carla you're right because they keep harping back on "local."

Thats the whole population. Meaning in a months time cops could interview most everyone that lives there 1 at a time. Its not like Manhattan or Los Angeles. its two thousand people.

That means they would have to have interviewed, double checked and cleared around 80 people per day in less than a month. AND maintained their normal policing work, plus searched for Holly and followed up on hundreds of leads.....even with a huge force of dozens of officers, that would not be feasible.
jmo

That means they would have to have interviewed, double checked and cleared around 80 people per day in less than a month. AND maintained their normal policing work, plus searched for Holly and followed up on hundreds of leads.....even with a huge force of dozens of officers, that would not be feasible.
jmo

idk... its a good point. with the FBI, TBI, etc. all involved they should have more than two Barney Fife's working there. Obviously a lot of people could be eliminated. But since LE keeps stressing local (Darden) thats what I would do, Start wtih say males between the age of 17 and 50.

Back where my family is from (Ukraine) they do that kind of stuff. And it works.

As much as I would LOVE to believe they already have the suspect locked up nice and tight....last night I ran across a young man's facebook page where he was moaning about being questioned by the TBI. Apparently they called him first and made an appointment to speak with him. His facebook post was dated late last week.

So, it appears that we ARE indeed hearing the facts AND the latest news - they're still narrowing down POI's.

Well, they could rule out women and children...so they only need to look at men, and probably not men over 60....so it narrows...

Part of the problem is, if they find the guy...not good for Holly.

In the last few months, I've started a couple threads, separate cases involving missing young women in England, Joanna Yeates and Sian O'Callaghan. The difference in how law enforcement handled each, in comparison with TBI's approach here, is remarkable.

Separate pages were established for each of the missing women on the existing police sites online; a Facebook presence was maintained; the press were met with regularly and statements were regularly issued; recreations of the last known moments of each woman were planned: the public was involved, made to feel as if it had a vested interest in the outcome - which, of course, it does.

Within a week, each of the young women's bodies were found, and charges have been brought in each of the cases.

By comparison, TBI's handling of Holly's case would seem to be an object lesson in how not to conduct an investigation in the 21st century.

In the last few months, I've started a couple threads, separate cases involving missing young women in England, Joanna Yeates and Sian O'Callaghan. The difference in how law enforcement handled each, in comparison with TBI's approach here, is remarkable.

Separate pages were established for each of the missing women on the existing police sites online; a Facebook presence was maintained; the press were met with regularly and statements were regularly issued; recreations of the last known moments of each woman were planned: the public was involved, made to feel as if it had a vested interest in the outcome - which, of course, it does.

Within a week, each of the young women's bodies were found, and charges have been brought in each of the cases.

By comparison, TBI's handling of Holly's case would seem to be an object lesson in how not to conduct an investigation in the 21st century.

The UK has been ahead of the curve on taking chances in solving crimes for years now...as in the DNA dragnet, collecting blood from an entire village to solve the murder of a young girl...which they did. They asked everyone, kept track of who would not give, and eventually found out the murderer had paid/arranged a friend to give a sample for him. A small town, like this one...

wfgodot - i am inclined to agree with you, but i keep reminding myself to reserve judgement until we know why they might have chosen to proceed this way.

wfgodot - i am inclined to agree with you, but i keep reminding myself to reserve judgement until we know why they might have chosen to proceed this way.

I'd like to think so too, of course, but I find nothing which even hints they're "getting their ducks in a row." From the very start and the "dragged/drug" v. "led into the woods" switch and the "they are not suspects"/"wait, everyone's a suspect!" reversal, it all seems to point away from solving Holly's case.

The UK has been ahead of the curve on taking chances in solving crimes for years now...as in the DNA dragnet, collecting blood from an entire village to solve the murder of a young girl...which they did. They asked everyone, kept track of who would not give, and eventually found out the murderer had paid/arranged a friend to give a sample for him. A small town, like this one...

Yes, the Colin Pitchfork case on the DNA.

Failure to explore existing online methods and social networking possibilities is the mark of a system operating with blinders. Parsons is a small town, true, but TBI is a statewide agency and ought really to realize computers and the internet are (ahem) widely used these days.

Yes, the Colin Pitchfork case on the DNA.

Failure to explore existing online methods and social networking possibilities is the mark of a system operating with blinders. Parsons is a small town, true, but TBI is a statewide agency and ought really to realize computers and the internet are (ahem) widely used these days.

Why states need their on BI I will never understand. The FBI could handle the situation.

I wish there was data forthcoming on the db found. I will be surprised if we don't hear something Tuesday.

I think they are wrong in thinking that this perp was only after holly. If it was over love or slight eventually the perp will feel the same way and do this again and again until caught. If friends helped him I could see rum getting whacked too, or having one of their kids taken to make sure they keep the secret. Eventually he will snap again and it might simply be when a friend has suspicions and backs away.

I don't get the premise it's about one person nobody else should worry. That'd crap.

**plz forgive typos, goofy words, etc..mobile posting:(**

I very much support LE, national, as well as universally. They have Jobs that at times wear and tear on you not only emotionally but physically as well, not to even mention their spouses and children alot of times become affected as well by the family members LE job. And just as I am eternally grateful to our soldiers who are battling a war on the front lines for our everyday freedoms, I too feel similarly about LE.

With that clarified I do feel that sadly it is seeming to be more and more prevalent for certain offices and officers to not be willing to accept outside aide, nor new innovative tools of our technology that are literally growing leaps and bounds week to week and month to month. The technology even at this time is amazing when you take a moment to delve into what all we are capable of doing, and finding, and most of all In helping or assisting our fellow mankind. My mind goes to the Kim family tragedy back in 2006(wow that almost seems unbelievable that it's been 5 whole years) since the family was stranded in their car on Bear Camp Road which was "supposed" to have been closed with ppl not even having access to the road by a large gate that was to be deadbolted. Sadly for the Kims someone irresponsibly did not ensure this road was locked up and this out of town young family made the fateful decision one winter night to make that turn onto that road in hopes of a shorter route to the destination, the Northwestern coast. James Kim lost his life and his wife and their two daughters both under age of 5 came very close to losing their as well.. Why? Because certain agencies remained cocky and unwilling to accept outside help or advice on using up to the minute new technology of cell phone pinging and triangulation, therefor the search area couldnt be narrowed down any further than a couple thousand miles area..it was two young men working out of Medford Oregon for the cell tower's named Edge that were able to go into the Kim's account and easily, hardly with an exertion narrow that search area down to remarkably small area, they then took their findings to LE who with the help of these men the 3 of the members of the Kim family were rescued and their location was literally within feet of where the cell phone workers had pinpointed their location.. Sadly it was too late for James Kim because of the unwilling ness to accept these newest strides in technology and unwilling to budge on their not using any of these methods until 9 full days later into their missing these two men from Medford begged for police to please let them explain and detail how and what their info was that they strongly felt would lead them extremely close to atleast the cell phone of Mrs. Kim(whom they used to triangulate from a single text message sent to her phone from fam the first nite missing, immediately before the phone had dropped out of any cell phone towers range).. If they had gone initially with using this new technology James King would be alive today(as be did not set out on foot for help til 6 days into their being stranded)..in the aftermath alot of agencies especially in that area were speaking out about their now having officers train to use newer technologies in their investigations.. Sadly as I said too little too late for James Kim, tho.

It's that type of thing that is so very very frustrating.. IMO COMPLETE AND TOTAL unnecessary loss of life. Tge technology was there as were even those willingly and wanting so badly to assist This agency in quickly locating the Kim's.. But IMO due to an unwillingness to learn new techniques, keep up with the vast changes, and IMO UNWILLINGNESS to admit that there was indeed other techniques out there that these agencies were not trained in.. Just an all around feeling of pride as the root of the problem.. And that pride and unwillingness cost a young man, young husband, and young father of two lil baby GIRL's that will never know their daddy.. It cost this man his life.

With the leaps and bounds made forward in technology as I had spoken about earlier my wish is that there were some type of mandatory courses/training of all officers worldwide with how often specified and regulated and mandated. That way as to ensure this type tragedy does not occur again.. As I said so very unnecessary of loss of a life a preventable loss that had it been mandated that agencies and officers were periodically trained in these newest technologies and not just in technologies but as wfdgot mentioned that agencies use tactics that are proving to be much more successful in terms of the outcome as well as the perps brought to justice(refer upthread to wfdgot's post detailing these type tactics which include a large amount of assistance and working with the communities in which these crimes have occurred)..

That is what my hope is for because sadly too often we see pride and arrogance cause many negatives outcomes that without the barrier of that pride and arrogance the outcome of a situation could have resolved itself in a very positive manner. I understand that part of it is human nature, but IMO that carps gotta be put aside when we've missing babies out there like Kyron Horman, Haleigh Cummings, Hailey Dunn, and now Holly Bobo and that's just to name a few, the list goes on and on.. These babies and children never found, never brought home dead or alive, and families never given even an ounce peace in finding resolution to their child's disappearance. This can't continue!!! There are way too many presently getting away with murder!!!.. <-and that is in literally getting away with and freely walking the streets after having stolen, abused, and murdered someone's child!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quioxte221