TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut tells me the man is someone known by the family. I think LE know who he is & trying to make things appear as though they don't have a POI in hopes he will let his guard down. JMO

Ok this is from Reuters...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110511/us_nm/us_bobo_crime_tennessee_3

Chock full o new details !!! NOT

"...investigators continue to receive leads from the public, officials said on Wednesday.

'We have lots of positive leads,' says John Mehr, Tennessee Bureau of Investigation special agent. 'That's the key. We ask people to continue giving us information. We hope we will have a positive ending to this'."

I'm not exactly sure how to take this.

I have been qualifying my statements all week with if they have a suspect and are working on that part of the case, fine, stay quiet. But if they don't have one, I am a bit baffled-not impatient.

Well, you started your post with "Even if LE has a suspect and knows where and when he saw/interacted with Holly", and you didn't make any other qualifying remarks in that post. So, you can see how I read your comments that you were impatient.

Again, I hate to assume that LE does not know how to handle this case. In fact, with three agencies working on this, I have even stronger confidence.

A lot of here are "problem solvers" and get frustrated and impatient when we don't have a resolution and no new data to work with. I appreciate that.

I posted earlier, that with certain assumptions, there are 1,801 potential suspects. Taking that a little further, by filtering on height description, the number may go down to 1,000. I think a search of the county DMV database would put some names and addresses to those numbers. That sounds like a good project for a TBI analyst and probably has been done.

*yaaaaaawn*

/rubs eyes

wow, i had the craziest dream last night.

/looks at caller ID on phone

WTF?

;) if ya get it ya get it hehe

Four weeks. And, to put this in perspective, Shelly Mook's been missing for 72 days now.

*yaaaaaawn*

/rubs eyes

wow, i had the craziest dream last night.

/looks at caller ID on phone

WTF?

;) if ya get it ya get it hehe

I hope your dream included a phone call to the authorities. Did the TBI or FBI phone number also show up on your caller ID?

As for the "hehe" - I don't find this amusing.

I hope your dream included a phone call to the authorities. Did the TBI or FBI phone number also show up on your caller ID?

As for the "hehe" - I don't find this amusing.

it was a momentary acknowledgment of something bizarre, please dont try to make it seem like i was being disrespectful to this situation. i most certainly was not. i do understand your reply and dont want to argue with anyone. just felt a bit on the defensive there.

to your other point, i did not hear from anyone else. and i dont think im supposed to discuss this any further on here.

Thoughts -- take 'em or leave 'em . . .

1. I imagine that LE identified the most promising leads first and pursued them. Now, they're probably working on the less promising leads. Maybe they'll get lucky with one of them. Maybe not.

2. I also imagine that LE identified the places that a search team might turn up clues. The searchers, early on, probably combed through all those areas. Now, it makes no sense to send people out to other areas unless a tip leads them to a specific location.

3. If LE could connect HB's abduction with a second abduction, then they'd probably warn the public about the existence of a serial predator. For now, though, they probably have no idea if (a) the perpetrator is local or non-local; or (b) if this abduction is an isolated event or part of a series of events.

4. I don't know how much publicity an abduction normally receives. But it does seem to me that this particular case received more than its share of coverage. The TN governor even intervened to ramp up the reward $. In other words: the lack of coverage is not the reason this case will go cold, if it goes cold. (IMO, of course.)

5. I don't know that the perpetrator necessarily had to know his victim. He might be someone who is comfortable in a rural setting. Maybe he hunted or fished in the area. During his activities in the area, he might have sought a victim at a time (i.e., early morning) and place (i.e., remote location) that made her susceptible. HB just happened to be the one.

6. IMO, this wasn't the first time this person has perpetrated a crime. He found an opportune time to strike. He apparently kept his vehicle out of sight. He did not draw attention to himself with his choice of clothing. He probably discarded any evidence right away (e.g., the lunch bag). If he transported HB (bound) in his vehicle, he had more than enough time to remove her from the immediate area (and conceal her body later). It seems like a quick and efficient crime. I imagine it won't be solved anytime soon (if at all). :(

But was there 6ft 200lb guy with a knife? Was there even a guy with a grip on her arm?

Obviously, we don't know for certain, but that is what LE assumes, (except for the knife which was my speculation only. Sorry, should have clarified, it was still early.) They seem to believe she was in fear of her life, so they must have very good reason to think that.

Are you asking if this could all be made up? That the abduction didn't happen? Of course... anything is possible. But I seriously doubt that it is, I think it is very real, and I think if this was a made up story, all the LE working on this case would have figured that out by now. JMO

My gut tells me the man is someone known by the family. I think LE know who he is & trying to make things appear as though they don't have a POI in hopes he will let his guard down. JMO

Or they are hesitant to name a POI or suspect until they have probable cause to make an arrest.

i looked into this earlier today, in the earliest stories on news sites, supposedly reporting what TBI investigators has said, you had;

brother and mother both home at time of abduction,
mother not home,

brother and mother called 911,
female 911 caller not identified,

holly dragged across carport and into woods, one report had her being carried into woods,
holly being led by the arm into woods, but clearly fearful, but no dragging,

holly abducted by a youngish looking white male in all camo,
abducted by 1 or 2 white males in all camo,
abducted by 1 male in all camo,

no evidence of any vehicle used in the area of the abduction,
please be aware of anyone washing/selling a car or atv,

all of the above things were reported on news sites and attributed to LE officials early on in the case. the only thing i have seen that clarifies any changes is along the lines of "initial miscommunication between witnesses and LE"

that is a whole heck of a lot of things for the media to get wrong, is it possible? i guess.
was it miscommunication between LE and witnesses or were those things initially said and then modified? we dont know.

Hi liljim-
could you please post links to the info you wrote above, ie 1) HB being "carried" 2) youngish white male 3) 1 or 2 abductors seen 4) no evidence of a vehicle ?
I've been following this since the first day and I haven't seen these comments in any MSM. Thanks

Obviously, we don't know for certain, but that is what LE assumes, (except for the knife which was my speculation only. Sorry, should have clarified, it was still early.) They seem to believe she was in fear of her life, so they must have very good reason to think that.

Are you asking if this could all be made up? That the abduction didn't happen? Of course... anything is possible. But I seriously doubt that it is, I think it is very real, and I think if this was a made up story, all the LE working on this case would have figured that out by now. JMO

Yes my point was that the abduction COULD be made up. There is really nothing anyone knows at this point it seems. LE have changed their minds about a lot of things they had said at the begining.

But also Holly stands 5' 3' 110 lbs. Petite as you say. So if you look at a picture of her standing next to her boyfreind he is maybe 5' 10" 155 lbs? I hope if the brother saw a 6ft 200lb man taking Holly in the woods he would have known it wasn't the boyfreind.

I wonder what the description of suspect that grabbed that other woman in the nearby town is? I'm assuming the witness description of Holly's abductor is simalar to her boyfriend description right?

I'm sure they'll be more details soon

Yes my point was that the abduction COULD be made up. There is really nothing anyone knows at this point it seems. LE have changed their minds about a lot of things they had said at the begining.

But also Holly stands 5' 3' 110 lbs. Petite as you say. So if you look at a picture of her standing next to her boyfreind he is maybe 5' 10" 155 lbs? I hope if the brother saw a 6ft 200lb man taking Holly in the woods he would have known it wasn't the boyfreind.

I wonder what the description of suspect that grabbed that other woman in the nearby town is? I'm assuming the witness description of Holly's abductor is simalar to her boyfriend description right?

I am curious about the "lot of things" LE has changed their minds about. What are those things and how do you discern between what LE changed and the media variations?

So, there are only 2 inches from 5'10" and 6', pretty minimal from 25 yards out. The boyfriend looks heavier than 155lbs. Marginal weight differences can be difficult to calculate under loose clothing. So, I do not question why the brother would initially mistake the perp as Holly's boyfriend. I am not sure why there is continued consternation over this.

Initially, this case involved rapidly changing circumstances from transitions in LE agencies to numerous leads coming in that had to be verified. Leads led to evidence which lead to searches. Circumstantial evidence, along with interviews and tips, are factors in determining the nature and scope of the crimes as well as an initial categorization of the perp.

At this point, I would think certian theories have solidified and now are being pursued to determine POIs. It is also reasonable to think that evidence is being gathered to eliminate POIs or further develop a case to unravel a POI.

LE has siad its a genuine abduction. There is no reason it is not, especially with blood evidence and other evidence found between her kidnapping and Easter Sunday.

The description of the suspect was amended a few days ago to make him larger and taller than originally described.

The suspect in the other attempted abduction is described as being tall and thin. There is not a great description of him, nor of Hollys abductor.

Remeber with Holly's brother, he may have seen the man and his sister at a distance of maybe 50 yards. Thats half a football field away. We dont know where in the yard he saw them walking. So he could have been near or quite far off to get a good description. Obviously he did not get that good of a look as he assumed it was the boyfriend she was walking with. Only when he went out side later, found her car still there and blood did he call the cops.

After a month I think we are going to get about all the details we are going to get. Most of what we know now was known within 48 hours.

One thing no one has brought up... and this is quite possible...

People ask well why didnt Holly drop this or drop that at the house. Possibly some evidence BESIDES THE BLOOD was found there. LE just did not release it. She could have very well dropped something (or the suspect could have for that matter). So the blood was made public but something else may be withheld.

I was looking for some validation that the blood that was found does not belong to Holly. For some reason, I feel better believing that it belonged to the perp. Don't ask me why. Bottom line is Holly is still missing.

I was looking for some validation that the blood that was found does not belong to Holly. For some reason, I feel better believing that it belonged to the perp. Don't ask me why. Bottom line is Holly is still missing.

We do know the bloodwork tests came back. But the results were not made positive. Somehow I think it is someone who is not in the system. If it were someone who was in the system, I think his name would have been made public in a Bolo or something similar. That happened here recently with a cop killer on the loose. They had his name and face splashed everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592