TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think that LE believes what the stats tell them:
Holly is dead.
She was dead within 48 hours of the last time that Clint saw her.
Her killer knows her, and she went with him under the threat of physical harm or the belief that if she didn't fight, she would make it.

They likely have POI's or suspects, but per TBI's standard procedure, they aren't going to publicize that until they have proof. JMO

Your theory is as good as anyone else's. The big question is WHY she was abducted. Was it sexual, or was it for some other reason?

Your theory is as good as anyone else's. The big question is WHY she was abducted. Was it sexual, or was it for some other reason?

Going by the stats, yes, it was sexual. The perp wanted her, the perp hunted her, the perp took her, and when he was done with her, he killed her. Anything else would be a miracle and after a month, I can't believe in a miracle anymore. Not that it won't happen, just that I can't hold out hope anymore. Reality has set in.

Going by the stats, yes, it was sexual. The perp wanted her, the perp hunted her, the perp took her, and when he was done with her, he killed her. Anything else would be a miracle and after a month, I can't believe in a miracle anymore. Not that it won't happen, just that I can't hold out hope anymore. Reality has set in.

But still, she needs to be found, no matter what. Phylicia Barnes comes to mind...searches were prompted for her regularly, her family pleaded whenever and whereever they could for a while at least...no one wanted her just left out there somewhere. That part does not make sense to me. And also how LE could just assume, or even know, she is dead. I agree she may well be, but usually it is much longer than a month before LE will ever admit it and families NEVER accept that without knowing for sure.

But still, she needs to be found, no matter what. Phylicia Barnes comes to mind...searches were prompted for her regularly, her family pleaded whenever and whereever they could for a while at least...no one wanted her just left out there somewhere. That part does not make sense to me. And also how LE could just assume, or even know, she is dead. I agree she may well be, but usually it is much longer than a month before LE will ever admit it and families NEVER accept that without knowing for sure.

Oh yes, I agree that she needs to be found, but I don't think there is any real hope of her being rescued, just recovered and put at peace in such a way that her family can also be at peace. :(

Oh yes, I agree that she needs to be found, but I don't think there is any real hope of her being rescued, just recovered and put at peace in such a way that her family can also be at peace. :(

But what I am saying is, I have never heard of a family accepting that their child is actually deceased without it being proven to them, by actually seeing him or her. Look at some of these parents who have had children missing for decades-they still believe they are alive. And if they are alive to them, they can't stop themselves for asking for help or media attention. On the series earlier this year that Nancy Grace did on the missing, not one parent thought their child was dead.

I agree its most likely something sexual, I doubt robbery or anything else would be the motive. Im sure that LE checked up with all sex offenders in the area. From the pictures Holly looks attractive and she may have had someone obsessed or stalking her. I would also think its someone who knows her at least a little bit. I get sick thinking about what the kidnapper could have done to her before she was killed.

Thats all assuming she was abducted, sexually assaulted, and murdered. I still think a miracle can happen, but the odds are very slim right now.

But what I am saying is, I have never heard of a family accepting that their child is actually deceased without it being proven to them, by actually seeing him or her. Look at some of these parents who have had children missing for decades-they still believe they are alive. And if they are alive to them, they can't stop themselves for asking for help or media attention. On the series earlier this year that Nancy Grace did on the missing, not one parent thought their child was dead.

I don't think her family believes that she is dead. I think they are trusting LE because they feel that is the thing that will bring Holly home, and LE is telling them to stay mum for whatever reason. The TBI seems to shut down communication when they come on a case. I don't really have links for that, it's just the trend that I've noticed by looking at other cases that they have been involved in.

I check here 2 to 3 times per day for Holly, even if only for a second and that seems to be all it takes. It's one thing for LE to keep it close to the vest--I celebrate that. But with NOTHING (let's face it), people really do start to lose interest. Worse yet...they forget. The absolute worst of all outcomes even if she is deceased. She deserves our attention, love, and prayers no matter. I am not going to forget, or give up even with the lack of LE support. ♥

This thread has come to an abrupt halt. We flew through about 20 threads in a few weeks and now nothing. I really thought this one was going to be solved quickly due to all the searchers etc

That is the same thing Patsy Ramsey said about finding JBR's 'killer'. :banghead:
They needed that one piece of the puzzle.....

Imo, I'm not sure LE knows where to look for Holly. There are way too many cases of people vanishing without a trace. :(
I can't imagine the pain Holly's family is experiencing.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation officials said they are getting more leads than they can check out, but they're also getting hundreds of calls about rumors. They ask people to only call 800-TBI-FIND with serious information.
http://www.wsmv.com/news/27874752/detail.html

No. Just no. You should know better, TBI. Some people have a hard time calling in even after seeing a woman dragged screaming into a vehicle because they don't know if it's important, or they aren't good at phone communication, or they just don't want to get involved. I understand that TBI needs to have some way to narrow down the calls, but they have a criteria for that. Telling people not to call unless they are sure their info meets the subjective term of "serious" is not the way to do that.

SNIPPED...

But seriously something has gotta give and I hope that it's the "something" that would be the most positive at this stage a d that's that the community leaders and LE get together and realize that they do still have an entire community to worry about as well and that if that's not taken care of it could really really have this situation take an even more negative turn than what's already present their In their community.. Just some thoughts.. No facts and nothing set in stone..

If we assume the abductor is local, he is definitely a threat to the community, and the community should be informed of any developments that might put them in jeopardy.

Here in Oklahoma, when we hear they're "just one clue away from cracking the case," that all it will take now is just that "one piece of the puzzle," we wince, and think of the sad litany of cases where we've heard almost exactly - sometimes, exactly - this said. Because, here, these words are invariably heard, delivered in the same, uptempo tones, just before the case goes cold, marked only by the news stories on the first few yearly anniversaries.

But we always hope for the best.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation officials said they are getting more leads than they can check out, but they're also getting hundreds of calls about rumors. They ask people to only call 800-TBI-FIND with serious information.

No. Just no. You should know better, TBI. Some people have a hard time calling in even after seeing a woman dragged screaming into a vehicle because they don't know if it's important, or they aren't good at phone communication, or they just don't want to get involved. I understand that TBI needs to have some way to narrow down the calls, but they have a criteria for that. Telling people not to call unless they are sure their info meets the subjective term of "serious" is not the way to do that.

This is the post of the day for me! What in the world are they DOING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! People call in all the time with rumors, false tips, crazy calls, or whatever. You have to weed thru the calls and check up on the ones that sound credible. You dont throw out statements like that that may discourage someone from calling in who may actually seen or know something. UGH!

Let's think about this. If they had no clue who did this, no clue where she was, or no clue why she was taken, they would want every clue possible...correct?

If, however, they already know the who and why, and are maybe missing the where, at that point they would want only serious information. There is no sense in getting new leads on names if you are 100% sure who did it. There is no urgency if you are 100% positive that Holly is alive or dead.

Even though we have not heard any big breaks, maybe LE has been doing exactly as they should have been. They know their reasons for not letting the family speak. They know their reasons for silencing clues. They know their reasons for narrowing leads from the public. Maybe we are getting very close to this ending and finding Holly and her abductor/s. Any thoughts?

Has anyone seen or heard that the police are still stationed at the house? This to me is very strange.

I disagree. They're telling people not to call with crazy theories and false leads, which happens in every case. Or calling to ask them for information, which also happens in every case. What they are saying is, if you have a legitimate lead or you actually know something that would help find Holly, fine, call it in. But if all someone wants to do is get attention, or to find out the latest information, then don't waste their time.

Why would someone not report a woman being dragged into a car? That would be the kind of call they would follow up on. But calls to tell they saw a UFO beaming Holly up, for instance, would probably be ignored.

How on earth is anyone supposed to know what is serious information and what is a rumor, if they think they know something? LE has not indicated in any way what type of case this is, or what they are following that would put them "one lead away" or whatever they said.

They could have said, look folks, no psychics, like they did out in Oregon. But this statement is just plain weird and bordering on irresponsible, unless of course they have both Holly and their suspect already.

I disagree. They're telling people not to call with crazy theories and false leads, which happens in every case. Or calling to ask them for information, which also happens in every case. What they are saying is, if you have a legitimate lead or you actually know something that would help find Holly, fine, call it in. But if all someone wants to do is get attention, or to find out the latest information, then don't waste their time.

Why would someone not report a woman being dragged into a car? That would be the kind of call they would follow up on. But calls to tell they saw a UFO beaming Holly up, for instance, would probably be ignored.

But it should be up to LE to decide what is legit and what is not. Im sure they do get some whack stuff like Bigfoot grabbed her. But come on... if someone says "hey I work at a bar and these two guys were talking about... " its up to LE to decide if thats a good tip or a red herring. And LE/911 gets all kinds of whack calls anyway like burger king running out of tea or mcDonalds not having the right McNugget sauce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C7173