TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my opinion they could hire search teams from any of the major teams and search the parson's area where the evidence was found. Bodies are often found in places LE have already searched.

I have not heard the Bobos ever ask about the professionals coming in. This should have done in the very beginning. :banghead:

Why they haven't contacted Klaas Kids is beyond me...they would have come right away and helped them, trained them, etc...

SmoothOperator, I understand.
I just wanted to caution against folks assuming that the above mentioned is the logging trail that has been discussed. There are several others that run parallel and around and a bit behind the rear of the Bobo residence, and also several offshoots of those that run N/SW, that would be considered 'trails'. They intersect to other logging roads/firebreaks.

So I just wanted to clarify that.

Ok, gotcha!! Just wanted to make sure it wasn't thought that the photo was a representation of the logging road but rather my trying to figure out exactly where the logging road(s) exist and run.. Thanks always for your much appreciated help:)

I am not sure I understand why the location and/or existence of a logging road or trail is important at this late date...clearly Holly was taken away in a vehicle, IMO. I imagine the area close to the home, anyway, has been thoroughly searched. Once she was gone, she was gone.

Is the reason this is important because some may not have known that such a road/trail existed and so should narrow the suspect pool? Or is this trail one anyone could have found if looking for a place from which to stalk Holly? I'm just confused. I know everything is important, but not really getting this bit about the trail.

For me it made Clint's account more clear. If they went south around the pond then I could see how Clint did not hear the scream but possibly the south neighbor was the one who did.

What PI is going to work independently? They work for money, and without some guarantee they will get paid, they won't do the work. He sure isn't going to take on a case with a "maybe" he'll get the reward money.
And not many people trust one who just inserts himself into a case. How much good did a PI do in the Haleigh Cummings case? None. Look at the problems the PI created in the Caylee Anthony case. I'm sure the Bobos don't want to deal with that kind of mess.

ok forget the PI then. Why bother

If the car was hidden near the home, I would think there would be tire tracks.

ok forget the PI then. Why bother

A PI is a good idea in some cases; but they do cost money, and in this case, the other factor is I can't see LE cooperating with or working with a PI at all, JMO, or even the locals doing so. Everyone seems very closed-mouth.

A PI is a good idea in some cases; but they do cost money, and in this case, the other factor is I can't see LE cooperating with or working with a PI at all, JMO, or even the locals doing so. Everyone seems very closed-mouth.

A PI doesn't necessarily have to get cooperation from LE. They work with the family. Yes, it helps if LE gets involved but if not, the heck with them. Like I posted earlier on regarding Ken Brennan, he threw out the witness statements and the victim's account of what happened and started from scratch. He was successful and the perp caught. He looked at every detail (almost OCD) about the case.

Sometimes all you need is a new set of eyes.

OMG kas227 you are the bomb!!!!!!!!
As whisp said, a true genius!!!

I finally can see the road!!

Thank you!! Thank you!! Thank you!!!!!!

A PI doesn't necessarily have to get cooperation from LE. They work with the family. Yes, it helps if LE gets involved but if not, the heck with them. Like I posted earlier on regarding Ken Brennan, he threw out the witness statements and the victim's account of what happened and started from scratch. He was successful and the perp caught. He looked at every detail (almost OCD) about the case.

Sometimes all you need is a new set of eyes.

I agree. Someone who isn't thinking "this is what happened, how it happened, and this is the direction the investigation will go". jmo

The problem even a PI will face is that aside from some details the family may provide that have not been made available to the general public, the PI will be hamstrung by the lack of details and continuity of events we are here.

Early case tweeter/newsman Will Nunley seems to have left WBBJ in Jackson per his latest Twitter info, and is touting Nashville WSMV's coverage:

willnunley Will Nunley
Thank you to those who follow me, I will do my best to keep tabs on the case. I also thank @WSMV for being a trusted friend of the community
2 hours ago

willnunley Will Nunley
I encourage all of you to follow @WSMV for continued Holly Bobo case updates and community information.
2 hours ago

https://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Seems like a step up for Will - glad to hear this. WSMV, the home of the Grand Ole Orpy!

The problem even a PI will face is that aside from some details the family may provide that have not been made available to the general public, the PI will be hamstrung by the lack of details and continuity of events we are here.

Agreed, and I also believe a PI needs some level of cooperation with the community to be of any use, especially if LE is not cooperating. I am not sure what a PI could do with what the Bobo family has released as what happened that day.

IMO, the Bobos have a lot more information than we are privy to. For example, the blood being Holly's. We were told by Holly's dad through an interview. I'm not sure if he was even supposed to reveal that information.

I think they know if Holly's cellphone was recovered or not and I'm sure they know if and what other items were recovered. A PI can get phone records or computer records or whatever else they may require to do an in depth investigation.

But what the heck do I know. It sounds like some think it's a ridiculous idea. LOL

I don't think a PI is a ridiculous idea, I just don't see how they can afford a decent one, if they are not working and the money coming in is for their survival, for one thing. They don't have access to the reward money for other uses, as far as I know. PI's won't work on a contingency basis, they want money up front.

I do think they should have made use of group such as Klaas Kids way back at the start, as soon as LE stopped their searches.

If LE has not been able to figure out who did this from her cell records, and whatever else they are keeping under their vests, I am not sure a PI could either. But of course, it would not hurt to have one , if there was a way to pay for it.

Holly Bobo Thoughts and Comments Wanted by Jackson Sun

If you have ideas on the investigation and details surrounding the disappearance and alleged abduction of Holly Bobo, then why not share them with this print newspaper source? The worst that can happen is your comments aren't collaborated in the story collection the newspaper is planning. The best case scenario is you could lend in helping solve this mysterious missing persons case.

http:///viewArticle.action?articleId=281474980367884

Good luck!

I don't think a PI is a ridiculous idea, I just don't see how they can afford a decent one, if they are not working and the money coming in is for their survival, for one thing. They don't have access to the reward money for other uses, as far as I know. PI's won't work on a contingency basis, they want money up front.

I do think they should have made use of group such as Klaas Kids way back at the start, as soon as LE stopped their searches.

If LE has not been able to figure out who did this from her cell records, and whatever else they are keeping under their vests, I am not sure a PI could either. But of course, it would not hurt to have one , if there was a way to pay for it.

With all due respect, you don't know if a PI would be willing to do it pro bono or not. I know Brennan won't and he admitted it but he's not the only PI out there. Defense attornies take on cases pro bono so I don't see why a PI wouldn't, if asked. But again, it's up to the family to initiate it. It was just a suggestion on my part.

As for Klaas Kids or TES not being asked to help is another mystery.

I agree with ya, n/t.. I do believe there is a whole heckuva alot that can be done there on the ground in and around Darden.. Most importantly IMO would be retracing Holly's days and weeks leading up to the abduction.. This is so imperative and who knows whether it's even been done at all.. I know that so much can be derived from tracing her steps backward.. An FBI investigator stated early on that this was the key to solving the case.. This case can be solved but its definitely gotta be worked!!

And I believe at this point the Bobos would be very willing to assist thoroughly in a good PI in getting every shred that they can possibly give him and help him.. Such as encouraging Holly's friends and bf, Drew especially to fully cooperate with the PI in their retracing Holly's steps.. The family, friends, and bf would be THE ONLYS ONES who would have the ability to retrace those days and weeks leading up to the abduction..

I agree with ya, n/t.. I do believe there is a whole heckuva alot that can be done there on the ground in and around Darden.. Most importantly IMO would be retracing Holly's days and weeks leading up to the abduction.. This is so imperative and who knows whether it's even been done at all.. I know that so much can be derived from tracing her steps backward.. An FBI investigator stated early on that this was the key to solving the case.. This case can be solved but its definitely gotta be worked!!

And I believe at this point the Bobos would be very willing to assist thoroughly in a good PI in getting every shred that they can possibly give him and help him.. Such as encouraging Holly's friend and bf, Drew especially to fully cooperate with the PI in their retracing Holly's steps.. The family, friends, and bf would be THE ONLYS ONES who would have the ability to retrace those days and weeks leading up to the case..
I agree. Really what is there to lose? She's gone! Even if my little dog were missing I would use every resource possible to find her.

Well, then they should hold a fundraiser for PI expenses...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg